Hi, I know, I have still to up date the other story, and I’m sorry, but it’s not my fault, believe me! :-)
Anyway, I was wondering: why don’t I post my very, very first fics?

BEFORE READING:
It’s a mini serial, kinda dark (love that kind of FF) , and I know, maybe the plot is not very credible and very fast ( in the first FF), but I like things that way ( and anyway, I don’t believe much in this story, too, I just wrote it for fun and because, back to that time ( * years ago*!) I was curios to know how to write a FF is ).. you know, I wrote it after seeing ‘ Into the woods ‘ for the first time, so.. if you even remotely like Riley… DON’T READ IT!!!
And ‘this’ Buffy is very different from the real serial one: this one doesn’t sacrifice herself for other people.. quite the contrary!
Reading the fist part I’m sure you’ll think it’s just pure fluff without a single tiny bit of dark.. but in the second FF ( or maybe at the end of this one..) you’ll * do* change your mind! ;)
I almost forgot: sorry for all my mistakes, I tried my best but this time no one beta read it for me.. :)
Ok, let’s start!

Title: TEAMWORK
Author: Lu
Main Characters: Buffy/Spike
Disclaimer: I know these characters don't belong to me
R-13
Season 5
Summary: Spike and Buffy patrol together.. but are they just two “colleagues” ??

PART 1
< “Buffy, go! There’s no a minute to waste!”, “Buffy, run! “, “Buffy, Kill the enemy!“ If I think that Holidays are made to relax.. But do ever demons go on holiday? Well, they don’t have to start school again, they don’t have exams.. But I do… and I haven’t opened a sodding book, yet! What will I tell to the teacher? : ”Sorry, I couldn’t study ‘cause I had to fight with vampires every night”? Uhmm.. why shouldn’t he believe me ? >

Buffy was lost in her thoughts, while she was running to the Graveyard with an inseparable stake in her hand.
Although she was on perfect time, all she managed to see was the classical cloud of dust of that who should have been his enemy to beat.
The oddest thing was that the one that had staked him was himself a vampire!
“Spike! What the hell are you doing here? “
“Just having some fun, before sleeping, baby” he stroke back with a smile.
“So, now have you started to steal job from me? “ she teased him, crossing her arms.
“Pet, you know better than me I’d attack humans …if I could! “ he explains indicating his head.
“.. sodding microchip! Anyway.. I must have got an hobby !”
“So, do you even kill demons and vampires.. of your same kind? “
“No matter what, I like killing everything that breathes or moves…so, if I can’t kill mortal people..”
“You’re disgusting! “ she rolled her eyes.
“Hey, I was thinking’. what ‘bout working together? “, Spike proposed.

“Me. .n you ?!? You’re full! “
“Oh, c’mon! I’m sure we’ll have so much fun! We’re Strong Nature Powers.. Besides, we have the same passion for killing and. “
“Hey, I’m not like you! Mark it in your mind! Understand?” Buffy snapped, watching him angrily .
“Ok, pet, don’t get angry with me!! After all, this time it’s not me the one you gotta kill .. “
“Yeah, that’s right.. But if you’re in trouble don’t expect me coming to save you! I don’t even know why I accept to work with you.. “
“ So, you accept!“, he interrupted her, without being able to hide his joy.
“Yeah, but I’m sure you’ll only be a burden to me and…”
“Buffy, watch out!“ he interrupt her, throwing himself on a demon that was going to hit her, flinging him in a hole where he got senseless.

“Hun, it seems that I’ve just rescued you! “
“It’s true… although it’s so damn hard to me.. thank you , really !“
“You’re not so in the mood tonight..”
“The only reason why I’ve lost my usual concentration.. it’s you !!”
“Oh, thanks! Slayer, sometimes you’re so unbearable..”
“Spike! Look behind..” but before she could end up her warning, with a feline leap Spike had already grasped the demon that had come out from the hole.
”So, mate, don’t you wanna understand, do you ? If good manners are not enough ..” he said, vamping out, “ “.. then I‘ll have to use bad ones!! “ and he sank his fangs in the monster’s neck, bumping’ it off definitively .
“..behind ur shoulders!” Buffy end up her sentence sarcastically, watching amazed his face becoming human again.

“Well Spike, I’ve to admit, I hadn’t thought so highly of you !” and she gave him a ghost of smile.
“ I repeat, pet..” and he lighted a cigarette, “ You have done a business for getting me in your team. Anyway, show is done
for tonight, see ya next time!" he greeted her, disappearing in the dark of the night.
On her way, Buffy couldn’t help thinking’ of the whole night, quite amused.
------------------------------------------------------
Since the first night she realized that Spike was much better than her Scooby band and that together they really were a winning team: with him she took just half of the time she usually needed to fight a demon.
After another couple of patrols together, she had preferred to spend that time stopping to talk with her ‘colleague’; at the beginning she resorted to pretexts like ‘We’d better stay here for at least one hour again.. you know .. another vampire may show up..’; but the most amazing thing was that neither him felt so like going away after they have finished their work.

So, demon or not, they had found themselves to spend the nights together, watching the starry sky and talking ‘bout anything, they always had so much to say and for any argument they never missed the opportunity to tease each other.
One night he told her ‘bout his human life, and when he had recited his poetries to her, she had split her side with laughter.
“Really, Spike, you rule as a vampire.. but you suck as a poet! “ and her laughter finally contaminated him, too.
“Now, it’s your turn, tell me something funny ‘bout ur past!”
“Uhmm.. let me think ..I could tell you ‘bout my first days as a Slayer..”
“Pet, I said * something funny * .. “
“Yeah, but probably you don’t know .. how could you? anyway, before knowing my Slayer-fate, when I still attended the Secondary school, not here in Sunnydale, I was.. a cheer-leader , a ..Cordelia-type, so my only interests were boys, fashion, boys, popularity, ..did I mention boys ?“
“Oh, pet, are you kidding’ me? You... a Cordelia-type?! I can’t believe! “
“Believe me, it’s true! So, now try to imagine how my first fight was..”
“Well, I start imagining you ..sobbing ‘cause your nice dress was wrinkled, ..screaming squeamish all the time ‘Eewww! I’ve touched him again!’.. “ he mocked her.
“Yes, more or less .. but don’t you know I wasn’t even able to put the stake in the right point? I began hitting the vampire anywhere, even in * his parts * .. carrying on saying: “ Ooops, sorry!! It wasn’t the heart..”
“And.. finally ? “ he asked her , laughing loud.
“Finally, my former Watcher decided to help me .. or maybe to help that vampire, making all his pains end up ..so he staked him in the right point ..and I’d swear he was happy to dissolve!!” she finished her story laughing.
“Oh, Slayer, I don’t know what I’d have paid to see that scene!” he burst out. He hadn’t had so much fun for ages !
“Hey, give up laughing of me! “ she summoned him, giving him a small shove that made him outspread on the ground .
“I’ve done huge progresses since then.. and now I’m gonna show you !”
“So, if you show me your progresses ..I’ll be happy to come back into my my poetry activity.. just to write your dirge !! “
So they started fighting, but in a friendly way.. like a play.

< It’s so odd .. I’m hitting’ her, but my microchip isn’t hurting me.. Uhmm.. maybe ‘cause I know I don’t wanna hurt her, really..> Spike thought, but was that the real reason ?
TBC

If you like it, I'll keep on up-dating :) , if you don't , sorry for boring you.. :(