Author's Chapter Notes:
I do not own any part of BTVS though I wish I did.

Mentions of S/Other (not graphic)
With a deep sigh Spike finally scribbled his signature on the bottom sheet of the inch thick pile of papers he had been reading for the past two hours. Allowing his pen to drop down onto the desk he slowly rubbed his palm across his forehead to try and ease the tiredness that was threatening to take him over. Wondering what time it was he quickly glanced at the clock on the wall behind the door which only told him what he already feared. He was late. Very late. And Fred was going to kill him!

Hurriedly moving the completed documents back into their folder, he slipped it into his out tray as he stood up pulling his suit jacket off of the back of the chair, shrugging into it as he started moving across the room towards the door. A quick glance back reassured him that everything was in order before he flipped the switch to turn the lights off and pulled the door softly closed behind him.

The sound of his boots hitting the floor echoed along the marble hallway as he strode confidently towards the elevators, a smirk forming on his lips as he saw the one person who could make the bollocking he was going to get from Fred for working late again worthwhile standing in front of his destination.

The blonde was obviously wrapped up in her own thoughts as she didn’t appear to have noticed his arrival at the elevators. Not wanting to alert her to his presence he cautiously walked up behind her and slowly raised his arm, before stroking the backs of his fingers down the side of her neck in a caress.

Her reaction didn’t disappoint as at the first feel of his flesh touching hers she jumped about a foot in the air before turning around to pin him with an indignant glare.

“I should have known it would be you!” Buffy grumbled, trying her hardest to appear angry with him but failing miserably as her gaze traveled up and down his body, admiring the way his fitted suit failed to conceal the muscled torso that she knew from first hand experience existed underneath. As soon as she realized what she was doing she abruptly looked away, her eyes returning to the elevator as her cheeks reddened slightly, before moving back to his face.

It wasn’t the first time in the last 8 months she had wondered why she hadn’t been lucky enough to meet him first and it definitely wouldn’t be the last. The only thing worse than knowing he was taken was knowing it was by one of her friends. And Fred was lovely, a real friend not one of the false ones only there for the good times that generally existed in Los Angeles.

Her first day at Wolfram & Hart she had bumped into Spike in the corridor, spilling a full cup of hot cup of coffee over him and all he did was stand there and laugh. That was a surprise in itself but when in a panic she had tried to help him clean up the mess she had caused, her small hand absentmindedly rubbing at his shirt as if she could make the liquid disappear he had suddenly grabbed her hand stopping her ministrations as she belatedly realized she had moved downwards from his shirt to the front of his trousers. Blushing furiously she had half heartedly babbled an apology to him, her eyes focusing on the boots he was wearing underneath the smart and newly stained suit. When after a few minutes she didn’t get a response she looked up at his face from underneath her eyelashes to see him smirking at her, his tongue curling out from between his lips and she knew in that instant that she had finally come face to face with the devil himself.

Things had only got worse from that day onwards, his seemingly endless stream of innuendos always directed at her, not satisfied until he made sure her face was beet red from all the little nasties he whispered in her ear.

The sexual tension between them was a constant source of amusement to their colleagues who actually had the cheek to start a book on when they finally would succumb to.... how was it Andrew put it? Ah yes, the incredible passion and lust that flowed like electricity between them just like Princess Lea and General Solo.

The book was still ongoing, bets being remade as the time limit people had guessed passed by. But Buffy was determined no-one was ever going to be able to claim the money from it. Sure she had been on the receiving end of more than a few fantasies regarding the blonde pest as she liked to call him but the second she found out that he had a girlfriend he became forbidden territory, someone it was ok to look at but not to touch especially as he was the property of her friend from childhood Fred.

It was a major shock when at the work Christmas party he had walked in with Fred on his arm, his eyes seeking Buffy’s out and she could have sworn there was a flicker of regret in them . Later in the evening when she had been chatting to them it came out that they had met 4 months before at a wedding she had been invited to but unable to attend due to a previous commitment.

Back at work Buffy had expected that to be the end of things, his secret was out, but the comments and looks hadn’t stopped even though he was more than aware that she was friends with his girlfriend.. Nowadays he just tried to tempt her and oh boy was he doing a good job of that. It was only her determination that she would not get involved with him while he was taken that had kept her from giving into his fatal charms. A feat that was becoming more and more difficult with every day that passed.

A loud cough interrupted her from her musings and Buffy blinked at Spike confused before blushing again as she realized that he had been talking to her while she had been caught up in her thoughts and was waiting for an answer. Trying to save face she turned away to check on the progress of the elevator only to see that the doors were already open waiting for them to get in.

“That’s what I was trying to tell you pet. So what naughty little thoughts were you having that made you ignore me?” teased Spike, his lips suddenly next to her ear as he moved his arm around her waist and pulled her back against his body.

“If you were to share those thoughts with me, I would be extremely..........happy.... to take you back to my office and make them real” he purred, his hand ghosting across her stomach as his nose nuzzled against the outer shell of her ear.

His voice was a soothing caress and she melted back into him, until her mind finally caught up and what he had said registered. Pulling away from his wandering hands she moved abruptly away, frowning at him over her shoulder before walking into the elevator and refusing to meet his gaze.

Spike tilted his head to one side as he eyed her speculatively knowing sooner or later she had to crack. While he wasn’t at all impressed with his own lack of control over the situation with her at least he could admit he wanted her, she wouldn’t even give him that much. He didn’t want to cheat on Fred but there was something about Buffy Summers that called to him and he knew, he just knew, that once he had her she would no longer have the hold over him that she currently did and he could focus on his relationship with Fred finally and give her his full and undivided attention.

Shaking his head he followed her inside the lift and stood beside the controls a grin on his face as he asked her “Going down?”

Later she would never be able to recall why she said it. Why she had uttered those fateful words that brought the situation to a head after all this time. Maybe subconsciously she had finally reached her limit with his innuendos but the words she spoke next were her undoing.

“Are you offering?”

He froze. Not even in his wildest dreams had he expected that answer from her and as hope surged within him he prayed she had the balls to stand by what she had just started. Recovering quickly he pressed the button to close the doors and direct the lift to the ground floor. A it began to descend he waited a couple of seconds until they were between floors before hitting the stop button and turning towards her.

Buffy was panicking, knowing that the little devil in her head that had been saying for months that she should just take what he was offering had finally got her way and must have taken over her body in the process. As he started the lift moving she let out a breath she had been unaware she was holding, relief flowing through her as she realized he was ignoring what she had said. ‘Maybe I should have played him at his own game long ago’ she thought., trying to ignore the disappointment that was waging an internal war against the satisfaction she felt at putting him in his place.

With a sudden jerk the lift stopped its motion, making her sway unsteadily for a moment on her high heels before she caught her balance and raised her head to look at him. A shiver raced down her spine at the intense look on his face as he moved closer to her, crossing the few feet separating them before she had time to draw a breath. His eyes appeared to be bluer than she had ever seen them and sparkled with the desire he was obviously feeling.

Alarm coursed through her at the look of potent lust on his face causing her to take a small step back and then another, needing to create some distance between them until she finally felt the cold steel wall of the elevator against her back. A grin that could only be described as wicked formed on his lips as he bridged the gap between them, leaning his weight onto his palms beside her head and effectively trapping her.

He was like a predator she realized belatedly, and she was the prey he had been hunting. The air of victory hung about him as he slowly lowered his face to Buffy’s, his lips brushing against hers softly at first and then the pressure increased as he drew her deeper into the kiss, her arms automatically coming up to twine around his neck and pull him closer against her body.

Her heart was pounding as he made love to her mouth, his tongue tenderly tracing the lines of her lips until finally she parted them, a gasp escaping her as his tongue moved inside, stroking the flames of her passion higher and higher. Desperately she clung to him, lost in the feelings coursing through her body, a small part of herself wondering why she had denied them both this pleasure for so long.

Spike was in heaven, the woman he had wanted for so long was finally in his arms letting him kiss her and god did it feel good. Grabbing her by the hips he pulled her flush against him before moving her hips from side to side so he could rub his arousal against her, heightening both their pleasure with the knowledge of what was to come.

Buffy knew there was something wrong with this, some reason why it shouldn’t happen but her mind had stopped functioning properly the minute his lips touched hers. As he moved his mouth down the side of her neck placing kisses against the soft skin there she struggled to try and remember all of the objections why she couldn’t do this, why she had been fighting him off for so long but nothing seemed to appear, the feelings he was provoking in her too strong to ignore.

Reaching one of his hands down to play with the hem of her skirt Spike knew that this was the moment he couldn’t go back from. One half of his conscience was saying he had to stop, if Fred ever found out about them she would be devastated but a larger part of him was screaming for him to do it.. Do it and get it over with. Get her out of his head finally.

Buffy sucked in a breath as she felt his fingers slowly begin traveling up her inner thigh, the destination clear in her mind as he continued his torment of her senses. An image of Fred suddenly appeared in her mind reminding her of the one objection she had to this. Her hands came up to his shoulders, pushing him back from her as she inhaled deeply trying to regain her composure.

”What’s wrong luv?” Spike demanded, his breathing ragged as he struggled to regain a semblance of control. He could honestly admit her lips swollen from his kisses and the red fuck me shoes she was wearing that day were not helping him in the slightest.

“We can’t do this.......Fred..........Its wrong” whispered Buffy, trying to make him see the truth they had to face.

“She will never know kitten. I’m sure as hell not going to tell her and I don’t think you will either”.

“That’s not the point Spike. We shouldn’t be doing this. Its not right. It could hurt someone I care about” protested Buffy, trying her hardest not to look at the fallen expression on his face and failing miserably.
Spikes mind was whirring trying to figure out what he should say next that wouldn’t make the situation worse. It hit him suddenly and he couldn’t stop himself from grinning at the simplicity of the question he needed to ask.

“Just answer me this Buffy. Do you want me? Really want me like you would die if I didn’t carry on touching you?”

“N....No. I don’t want you You’re my friends boyfriend. I can’t want you:.

He moved towards her, forcing her back against the wall as his fingers slid up her thigh again.

“But you do anyway don’t you. I bet if I put my hand inside your knickers right now I would find you soaking wet. For me!” Spike confidently snapped back.

Buffy looked him straight in the eye knowing he had just got to the heart of the matter. It wouldn’t do any good to deny it now he could see how turned on she was at his touch and the problem for her was that she didn’t want him to stop....to never stop what he was doing to her. That would not make it easy to let him go afterwards no matter how much she cared about Fred.

“Spike if we do this there is no going back. I don’t know I if could be with you and not want more. I Just don’t know what to do” she admitted, dropping her eyes so she wouldn’t have to see his reaction to her heartfelt statement.

“Just feel” he answered as his lips met hers again, pulling her into his kiss while at the same time his fingers trailed over the already damp fabric of her panties.

Buffy was past caring about anything outside of the elevator now, all she wanted was for him to make good on all of the promises he had thrown at her time and time again and make her feel, like she knew he would.

Maneuvering her hands between them she gripped the edges of his dark grey jacket and started to push it back off of his shoulders, whimpering in protest when his hand left her core so he could shrug out of it, her hands reaching for the buttons of his shirt at the same time, needing to feel the cool touch of his skin beneath her fingers and not willing to waste any more time now the decision was made..

As he bared himself before her, naked now expect for his pants and his boots she let her eyes run over his upper torso, glorying in the sheer maleness of him. His muscular chest was displayed perfectly in front of her and she could not stop herself from running her hands over the taut muscles knowing he was holding himself back for her sake giving her the chance to explore him before thing got even further out of hand than they already were.

Spike gulped for breath as her fingers trailed a path across his chest, her nails lightly scratching the skin before she lowered her head and flicked her tongue out to swipe over his hardened left nipple, then sucked it into her warm mouth. Pulling her closer to him he reached his hands around to the back of her skirt and unfastened the button holding the skirt closed before tugging down the zipper, satisfied as his hands quickly drew the fabric down and over her hips until it was lying in a pile on the floor around her ankles.

The sudden brush of cool air between her legs made Buffy pull back and look at Spike questioningly before it sunk in what he had done. Returning his smirk with one of her own she stepped backwards out of the pool of fabric and then moved her foot forward to kick it into the corner out of their way. Locking her eyes with his she slowly moved her hands up to slip her jacket off, the garment falling unchecked to the floor in a splash of brilliant scarlet as she started unbuttoning the white silk blouse she was wearing underneath.

Spike’s cock was pressing painfully against the zipper of his pants as he watched the vision before him, standing there undressing herself just for him. It was a sight for sore eyes and he felt like a man in the desert finally stumbling on an oasis after days of thirst. And slake his thirst for her he would. As the blouse hit the floor he raked his eyes up and down her body, from the flushed expectant look on her face, to her high round breasts unfettered by a bra. The knowledge that all day she had been walking around with nothing between them and her shirt only made him harder and wishing he had known this little secret in the meetings they had attended together. It would definitely made things more interesting but he doubted he would have been able to pay any attention to the clients, his interest would have been firmly on her chest as it moved with every breath. He might even have turned off the air conditioning just to see if she would have removed her jacket if she got uncomfortable enough and given him a glimpse of the pale pink nipples, he was currently feasting his eyes on, through the almost transparent material of her shirt.

He slowly walked towards her, needing to touch her and make himself believe this was real and not some elaborate fantasy he had concocted in his mind. Skimming his hands down the side of her body he felt her tremble beneath his touch, as he pulled her hips roughly against his, a split second before plundering her mouth once more. His fingers trailed through her long blonde hair as he pulled her face nearer to his, intensifying the kiss whilst his free hand caressed the firm cheeks of her ass not protected in the slightest by the skimpy red panties she wore.

Rubbing herself brazenly against his erection Buffy let out a moan that was swallowed in his mouth, as Spike’s fingers slipped underneath the edge of her thong and pressed enticingly between the cheeks for a single moment, then traveled lower until they were sliding across her wet lower lips, spreading the moisture around as he ground against her.

This was exactly how she had always dreamed it would be but better. It felt like every nerve ending in her body was aflame but she was still silently screaming for more, needing him to give her the release she craved and only he could give her, They had played this game for too long and now was the time to make good on all of the unspoken promises of the past few months.

Wanting more, she pulled back from him, breaking the contact of their lips before smiling softly at him when she saw the confused expression on his face. His fingers never stopped their sweet torment as he pushed one gently inside her, pausing for a second then began moving it in and out of her pliant flesh , a second then a third digit joining moments later, going deeper each time until finally the palm of his hand was flat against her with every thrust and his fingers deep within her.

Laying her head on his bare shoulder she leaned against him for support as she begun to move her hips back and forth in time with his motions, pushing down hard on his hand whilst sounds of pleasure fell uncontrollably from her lips, echoing in the lift space.

As much as Spike wanted her to come on his fingers, her muscles clamping down around him he needed to be inside her desperately and with that in mind he slowly pulled them out of her heat and raised his hand to his mouth, waiting until she had pulled back from him in a silent protest at his stopping before allowing his tongue to wrap around them and suck her juices between his lips.

Her gaze locked on the arousing sight of him licking her come from his fingers, his lips smacking as he smirked at her. As he moved his hands back down to her hips she kissed him, dipping her tongue into his mouth to taste herself as she fumbled with the silver buckle of his belt, struggling in her haste to get it open.

Finally the buckle gave and she quickly pulled the belt apart and then tugged down his zipper, hands swiftly reaching inside to free his hard cock, then pumping his shaft in her fist as he pushed her back against the wall his breath quickening as she continued to stroke and caress him.

Tearing the thin straps of her panties and yanking them forcefully off of her body he plunged a finger between her legs, pistoning it in and out of her core as he checked to make sure she was as ready as he was. Smiling at the pool of wetness he found Spike clasped her still moving hand in his, drawing it away from his hardness as she jumped up and cradled her legs around his waist bracing herself between him and the wall.

“Mmmh....Looks like you might just want me after all Pet. You ready for a long hard ride?” Spike purred in her ear as he rubbed his erection between her legs, coating himself in her juices.

“Just shut up and fuck me Spike”

Reaching a hand down between them he positioned the head at her opening and slowly pushed in until the tip was fully immersed. “Your wish is my command Luv” he murmured before pressing his lips to hers and driving home in one smooth thrust, not stopping until he was buried to the hilt inside of her, swallowing her scream of pleasure with his mouth.

Beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he held himself still after the initial entry, the side of his head resting against her shoulder as he struggled not to move until he knew that she was ready for him to continue. It was taking all of his resolve to wait, the feel of her heat surrounding him had been the thing of his dreams for too long and now he was finally here he didn’t want to wait another second.

The pressure was building steadily within her, the pinnacle within her reach and she needed him to move. God he felt big.......bigger than she had ever really thought he would be. Oh yeah, he had been giving her all the usual crap a man does about how he was hung like a donkey etcetera but she had only half believed him although the skin tight jeans he always wore outside of work did tend to lend some weight to his comments.

“Please.......I need..... I need you....... to move.........make me come. Please Spike” Buffy breathlessly entreated her hips moving in circles as she attempted to get some friction going even though he seemed quite content to stay in the same position for the rest of the night.

Finally hearing the words he was waiting for Spike pulled all the way out of her body until only the head remained in her, taking a beat before surging back inside, repeating the action as her fingernails scraped up and down his back, her loud moans and whimpered pleas filling the room and encouraging him to speed up his pace.

His mind was a jumble of mixed emotions as he fucked her for all he was worth, pounding into her but making sure to grind the base of his cock against her clit with every downward thrust until he could feel her walls beginning to spasm around him in anticipation of her release.

Tiny flashes were going off behind her closed eyelids as she felt the beginning of her orgasm starting to take over body. A riot of sensations flooded through her and every move Spike made increased the pleasure that was coursing through her veins until suddenly it hit....a swelling of sensation that made her scream her satisfaction as her body arched towards his, involuntary tremors taking over her body.

Feeling her muscles tighten around him as she came, Spike continued thrusting into her tight warmth, the copious fluid she was providing easing his way as he sought his own release. Her silken walls brushed deliciously against his cock as he pressed his lips to her neck, nuzzling his face against her as he felt the build up to his orgasm begin. As his balls tightened he started moving harder against her, withdrawing until only the head remained inside her before thrusting fully back in again and again, his breath coming out in harsh grunts, as sweat from the exertion formed on his forehead.

As he fell over the edge he yelled her name, his hips never stilling as he came inside of her, prolonging the heady rush of his orgasm until he finally sank to the floor with Buffy pliant in his arms.

They sat intertwined for several moments as they slowly regained their equilibrium, unable to believe just how breathtaking the experience had been.

Feeling Spike’s eyes on her Buffy moved her head back from where it was resting on his shoulder, giving him a shy smile as she returned his gaze.

Spike was in turmoil. He had dreamt about this for so long now that he couldn’t believe the reality was even better than the fantasy and he could not imagine never feeling this good again. The sex had been amazing but the only thing better was right now, with Buffy wrapped in his arms as she came down to earth form the pleasure he had just given her.

‘What do I do? What do I do?’ The words were circling in his brain as he tried to get his mind around the thought that his stupid plan of having her once and forcing her out of his system was not going to work. Belatedly he realized she had asked him a question and was awaiting his answer, turning the tables on the situation they had been in earlier before his whole world had imploded..

“Sorry luv. What was the question” he asked, smiling as her lips twitched upwards in a smile as she struggled not to laugh.

“I only asked if it was always that good and if we could maybe sit here a little longer as im not sure my legs are ready to work again yet” admitted Buffy as she laid her head back on his shoulder not bothering to wait for his answer.

A lump formed in his throat as Spike instinctively pulled her tighter against him, well aware that his life was never going to be the same after tonight but unable to prevent himself from taking the final piece of comfort that he could from her.

*************
As he closed his eyes to give himself over to the moment, his final thought was ‘I wonder if she’ll be working late tomorrow night?’
***********************

He sat there holding the woman he had desired for so long, a dream that had only finally been realized and he knew that he couldn’t let her go. Not after this. Catching hold of the cuff of his suit jacket he pulled it towards him, grabbing his mobile phone from the pocket the minute it reached him so he could press 2 on the speed dial as he raised the phone to his ear.

Buffy had never felt so confused in her life as she did now. What had started out as a bit of fun had begun to mean so much more. Yes there had always been the attraction between them but she had honestly thought that once they got that out of the way she would be able to move on and forget about him. Only now that seemed to be no longer an option.

She felt him moving around beneath her , his softening erection jiggling inside of her as she turned her head and watched him put his cell phone to his ear. Wondering who on earth he could be calling right at that moment she started to move her body upwards to slide off of him when his free hand shot out to capture her waist and hold her still.

He had to do this, he couldn’t let things end yet. Maybe he would never get tired of her but he needed to have the chance to find out. As the phone continued to ring his fingers stroked across Buffy’s bare bottom , his previous erection stirring back to life inside of her as he teasingly rolled his hips .

The answer machine picked up and he decided to leave a message so they could move this on to somewhere more appropriate, preferably with a bed he mused as the coldness of the steel floor finally registered within his mind.

“Its me. I’ve got stuck into something at the office and I doubt ill be home tonight. Sorry for calling so late but I lost track of time. See you tomorrow” he blurted before snapping the phone shut and pulling Buffy to him for a lingering kiss designed to halt the rising passion rather than stoke it further.

Pulling back he met her enquiring look with a smirk as he asked “Now that I have an alibi for the rest of the night what do you say to continuing this at your apartment? This floors a mite uncomfortable after a bit and I cant wait to fuck you properly:”

Torn between her friendship and the man she was currently sitting astride Buffy came to a fast decision, especially when he flexed his hips again eliciting a small moan from her due to the acute pleasure it brought . It was only one night and she would give him back tomorrow she promised herself. Besides she was already damned so she might s well make it worth it. Plus with a bit of luck she might just get him out of her system during the course of the night.

Maybe..........


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading.