Author's Chapter Notes:
This was too fun!!
Oh no he didn’t!!

But oh how he did.

Buffy turned the volume up on her television while she sat in bed. She had scooted out from under the covers and was all the way down to the edge of the foot of the bed, practically as close to the TV without getting up and touching the screen.

“...so you’re saying you could kick her ass if you had to take her in a fight?” David Letterman asked William Giles.

Buffy narrowed her eyes as the bleached blonde did that thing he does when he curls his tongue behind his lips and wiggle his eyebrow at the audience.

“No question asked.” William laughed.

‘He knew I’d be watching. He knew it!!’ she took a pillow from behind her and beat it against the mattress.

“Man, I can have her pinned on the ground before she had chance to say ‘son of a *****’” His little swear word was bleeped out for a moment by the censors. Then, all of sudden she heard the audience uproar in cheers.

“That bastard!” Buffy yelled at the TV.

‘I’ll get him back…you better believe I’ll get him back.’ she thought with an evil smirk.

********

“What the bloody hell is she doing?!!” William ranted, nearly splashing all the liquid contents from his drink on his new carpeting. His jaw clenched as he continued to watch Buffy on Conan O’Brian on his big screen in his apartment.

“Uh….performing payback?” William snapped his head over at his friend Oz and gave him a warning glare.

“…he bit me once while we were doing a scene.” Buffy gave a little innocent smirk and shrugged. She glanced at the camera and William knew that she knew that he was going to be watching her tonight.

The audience laughed and did some animalistic noises.

“Did you really do that?” Oz turned around on William’s couch and looked to his friend with a questionable eyebrow raise.

“No!” he yelled. ‘Oh but you did mate, you did it and you liked it!’

“What kind of show was this…and when can I see it?” Conan looked highly amused.

Buffy and all the audience members laughed at the joke. William, however, was still pouting about little Ms. Summers loose tongue that she suddenly decided to develop. ‘Oh I’ll tighten it next time I see her.’

However, he didn’t really have as many opportunities to see her as he use to—now that the show had ended, now that they ended. Of course, however, no one knew that. It was the biggest secret they had to keep, only their close friends knew and one or two stage crew members.

“So what do you say after he bit you?” Conan laughed.

“Why-why is she talking about me?” William asked, but Oz decided to let that question remain unanswered.

“Well I said ‘Ow’, what do you expect?”

“You know you brought this on yourself man” Oz pointed out, “…recall Letterman three weeks ago, with the pinning her down remark.”

“I wasn’t serious about that!” he huffed and sat down his drink on the coffee table—William knew that his Jack Daniels couldn’t be passed off as art on his living room wall due to his rage if held onto his glass any longer. “Dave asked me, and I just…you know, played along.”

Oz shrugged and turned back to see that Buffy was no longer on the screen. Her pretty little face had been replaced with Mitchell Man.

“She went too far!” William growled and started to pace in front of the TV.

Oz moved his head side to side, trying to angle his head around so he would be able to watch the TV instead of William’s butt move back and forth.

“She got even, it’s over…” Oz muttered.

If William was a cartoon character, a little light bulb would be brightly glowing above his head.

‘Not bloody well over at all.’

******

William was counting down the days until he heard from the little spit fire. He knew she’d contact him; it was just a matter of when and how.

“You know you are a dead man, man…” Oz shook his head as he continued to look at the cover of People magazine.

“Not so bad being dead…played one on TV.” William smirked. He was currently lounging back across his couch and staring at the ceiling.

“Willow told me that Buffy is freaked, completely flipping out at this.” Oz threw the magazine back on the coffee table.

The cover of the magazine had a lovely display of William and Buffy in a sweet lip lock at the beach in Hawaii.

William lazily moved his head over to glance at the photo and continued to smile. ‘Take that Goldilocks!’

The editors of People did a nice job jazzing up the cover too—putting him and Buffy in a heart shaped bubble frame and putting the words ‘How Long Has This Been Going On?’ in big black letters.

‘About six to eight months near the end of the show’ William thought to himself when he glanced at the question on the cover.

“Buffy is going to sue you, man.” Oz shook his head and gave Will a worried look.

William scoffed and sat up on his couch, “Girl had it coming to her. She’ll get over it.” ‘Eventually…someday…maybe not in this lifetime, but possibly the next’

“Willow says she has a boyfriend now. How is this going to look to him?”

“Who is it?” William grumbled, “Captain Forehead or Captain Cardboard.”

“Cardboard.”

“Figures…”

“You crossed a line William.” Oz stated as he grabbed the magazine and flipped to a particular page, and once he got there he held up the centerfold photo of Buffy and William making out on a beach blanket.

William didn’t care if he was sporting a smile in front of Oz. It was a good memory, a hot memory that he was able to go to sleep with every night.

“You made the centerfold!” Oz waved the magazine in front of William’s dreamy face.

“We’re so hot that we needed it.” William snatched the magazine out of Oz’s grasp and got up to walk away from his friend.

After a silent pause there was a knock at the door. William tossed the magazine back on the couch and answered the door to a red faced petite blonde.

“Well, well, well…hey cutie. Have a pleasant trip? You know I like to bring a good magazine on a long trip from LA to New York.” William leaned against the doorframe with a cocky smirk on his face and his arms crossed.

“Grrr ahhhh!!!” Buffy let out a little war cry and then started hitting him with her copy of People magazine. With each hit, she and William moved farther and farther back into his apartment.

“Ow! Ow!” William shielded his head from her feverish hits, “Cut it out!”

“You stupid son of---how could you do that!” Buffy was ranting on top of her lungs as she kept beating him with the cover page of the magazine that had them kissing. “Those photos were private! I can’t every trust you again! You stupid idiot!!!”

Oz bit his lip and rose to his feet—the penthouse apartment at the moment felt a little too small for three people. He quickly walked around the two blondes, unnoticed, and went out the opened door. “Good luck.” He called out to William before he left and shut the door behind him.

“I’m going to kill you!” Buffy yelled, firmly slapping William one last time with the magazine before backing away.

Only when William didn’t feel Buffy’s paper-cutting hits anymore did he stand up straight to look at the panting woman. ‘Dear god does she look hot’ he thought to himself as he saw her stormy eyes and messy hair.

‘Just the look before we…well...’

“Buffy I know you’re angry but—“

William didn’t get a chance to finish his sentence, within two seconds he had the petite blonde launching at him with her lips instead of the magazine. The August edition of People had dropped out of her hand and hit the floor before she jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist; claiming those lips she hadn’t tasted in so long.

“Mmmm…” he groaned and broke apart from her for a second, “Aren’t you mad?”

“Yes…” she started nibbling on his ear and then sucking on it.

William’s legs felt like jello.

“Then—“ he was going to ask ‘What are you doing? What about Mr. Cardboard?’, but Buffy interrupted once again.

“Shut up.” She wiggled around on his hips and attached his mouth back with hers with a moan.

William stumbled forward with his arms around, bumping them back into his living room wall.

“Oh god!” Buffy gasped when they broke away from there kiss.

William nibbled on his neck and took a little teasing taste of her with his teeth.

“Ow!” she complained.

He moved back to look her in the eye with a smirk, “You know you like it.”

“Mmmm….you watched Conan?” she asked as she grazed her lips across his cheekbones and lips.

“You’re a naughty girl.” He whispered.

“You know you like it.”

“Damn right I do.” He shifted her higher up on his body and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Remember that one scene in the abandon apartment when Lizzy and Spike were fighting?” Buffy asked, she was panting hard from the memory of the many takes she had to do with him.

“Ya…” he knew exactly what she was asking for.

“Think we could…”

“You want to knock around my apartment walls love?” he muttered as he stuck his nose out and smelled her hair.

“Can we?”

“Oh you know we can. We did once before in my old place…and you’re old place…and that hotel room in Vegas…”