Author's Chapter Notes:
Just something new that I thought of a while ago. I just decided now to add it.
Chapter One

A New Student


Take time to realize,
That your warmth is, crashing down on in.


* * * * *

Buffy analyzed the red headed girl in front of her. This girl, nerdy as she may be, was supposed to be her mentor while she was at Avalon Academy, located in the sunny countryside of Virginia. The girl, Willow Rosenberg, was in dire need of a make over. Her long, beautiful rose colored hair was pin straight, parted down the middle. Her fuzzy pink sweater and jean skirt was not flattering her alluring figure. Despite her looks, she was a kind and shy gal.

“Welcome to Avalon Academy,” her voice soft and warm.

Buffy smiled, “That sounds cliché, when it’s said out loud.”

Willow smiled as well, “I know, but what else is there to say? ‘Welcome to the school of all around drama’ wouldn’t really be welcoming.” Buffy laughed, the statement ‘never judge a book by its cover’ recited in her head.

“Agreed.”

Willow looked at the luggage, “It’s a good thing that I have a friend with a van, or this would be impossible.”

Buffy looked sheepishly down at her two trunks and a very large duffle bag. This was just a portion of her actual paraphernalia. The rest of her stuff was already in boxes in her dorm room. “Yeah, mom thought that it would be better to send all of my stuff, than keep it at home.” That was the nice way of putting it. Her mom, well stepmom really, wanted everything that belonged to Buffy out of her new house as soon as legally possible, without just throwing her onto the streets.

“Ahh, yeah I know the story.” Willow said, understandingly. “Mom sent you packing?” Buffy nodded. “You’ll find a lot of people with the same story. Where did you come from?”

“California.”

“Wow! Did they just throw a dart onto a map and you landed here?”

Buffy laughed, “Pretty much.” They both shared a laugh, a small bond forming between them already. “What about you?”

“Michigan, around Mackinaw.” she held out her hand in the shape of a mitten and pointed to where she had come from. “Its cool living there, no one else can point out where they live on their hand. It’s quite nifty. Oh! But it is so much muggier here than back home, but you'll get used to it.” She looked at her watch, “Oz was supposed to have been here a couple of minutes ago; he’s not usually late…”

Right then, a blue van turned the corner and was heading towards them. The road was empty except for Buffy, her luggage, and Willow on the sidewalk; so the driver was able to park close so they didn’t have to carry the heavy luggage anywhere that was considerable distance. As the van got closer, Buffy was able to see that there were two people inside. The driver was a shorter man, with red hair and a splash of blonde highlights. The one in the passenger seat was bigger, his black hair sticking in every direction.

Willow walked up to greet them as they got closer. She embraced the shorter man, who Buffy presumed as the one she called Oz, once he had stepped out of the van. Looking back at Buffy, she smiled, “Buffy Summers, this is my boyfriend, Daniel "Oz" Osbourne,. Oz, Buffy.”

“Hey,” Oz said in greeting.

“Hi.” She answered.

“And the doofus in front of you is Alexander Harris, or Xander as we call him. Xander, Buffy.”

“Hey Buffy!” he said, happily. “Nice to meet you.”

“You too.” She couldn't help but smile at his cheerful behavior.

Xander’s eyes fell on the trunks and his face fell. “Please tell me you have tons of toilet paper in those.” He said, pointing at the offending boxes.

“Sorry,” she said guiltily.

He groaned, “We just got done lifting another new girls' trunks, and they weighed about a hundred pounds! She said they were filled with just her clothes!” he whined.

“Their not that heavy I promise… ninety-five pounds sounds about right.” The group laughed. At least these people could take a joke, she thought sourly.

“Well they're not going to move on their own.” Willow said, detangling herself from Oz’s side and started to take one end of a trunk and tried to lift it up, her face turning pink as she tried on her own.

* * * * *

When they had finally reached the campus gates, Buffy was awed by what she saw. It looked more beautiful than what was portrayed in the pamphlet. The luscious trees were vibrant in their colors of greens and browns. The flower beds were blooming with a mixture of different colors from the rainbows, and different types of flowers.

The place was filled with kids scattered around campus. They were in clusters of their pals that they haven’t seen since last year, updating everyone on their summer. Their clothes were different when you looked from group to group, similar to an anarchy.

As Oz drove them around a square of ambrosial green grass, along with a large water fountain in the middle of the square, he stopped in front of a large, red brick building. Jumping out of the van, Buffy was able to get a better look at the place. On the front of the four story building, there was a gray stone plague calling it ‘Rosemary Hall: Girls Dorm.’

Willow stepped beside Buffy, “Welcome to my home away from home.”

“Certainly feels that way, doesn’t it.” Buffy turned to look at Willow, the feeling of it really being her new home for year becoming more comforting.

“Yeah, it is…”

“Hey, Chatty Cathy one and two.” Xander said behind them. “Mind giving us a hand?”

The girls giggled lightly, before heading back towards the end of the van.



“Who’s tha’?” William 'Spike' Wellings asked his friend, Lindsey McDonald, as they sat on the fountain, facing the girls’ dormitory.

“Who?” Lindsey asked, starring in different direction, his eyes on the girl of his obsession, Eve.

“Unloading her gear from Oz’s van.” Spike pointed. The blonde was beautiful with her wonderful tan legs in short daisy duke shorts and her yellow tank top, leaving little for ones imagination. Her long hair - different shades of blonde - was tied up in a ponytail at the back of her head, shone in the suns raises. Goldilocks.

Lindsey looked over at the girl his friend was talking about. She sure was a beautiful one alright. “The blonde?” his friend nodded. “Don’t know, new I guess.”

“New?” Lindsey nodded. Fresh meat! Jumping up from his spot, he made his way towards the girl as she stood behind the van.



Buffy grabbed the handle bar of one of her trunks and tried to pull it towards her. She didn’t know that they were this heavy! As the trunk was about to come out of the bed of the van, she could feel her arms quaking under the pressure of the weight. The burning of her muscles told her that she was about to drop the load in a second.

Just as her arms were about to give out, a pair of hands came out of no where and grabbed the trunk before it dropped. “Whoa there luv, you better let me handle this.” The drop dead sexy accent glistened into her left ear.

Turning her head towards the angelic voice, she saw the most beautiful blue eyes Buffy had ever seen. They were as blue as the sea and as deep at it. The high cheek bones were what any girl would kill for. The shocking white hair slicked back gave the person a bad look, accompanied with a jagged scar on his eyebrow. The lickable lips looked invitingly.

Looking her savior up and down, Buffy saw that he was wearing a long leather duster, a tight black shirt, black jeans and combat boots. All the black was a breathtaking contrast with his alabaster skin, making it seem whiter than what it would normally be. “No problem.” Her voice was suddenly dry. A smirk formed on his face, making her weak in the knees, and yet, made him look cocky and arrogant. She decided that she didn’t like the way he was grinning at her.

Stepping away, she watched as the newcomer and Xander got her trunk out of the vehicle before laying it on the gravel. “Thanks Spike.” Xander said friendly.

“No problem mate.” Spike answered.

“Spike?” Buffy asked, disbelieving.

Spike bowed in front of her lightly. “At your service, my lady.” His voice showing all his charm that he could muster.

Is this guy for real? Buffy had seen this kind of guy before in L.A. The kind that seem nice, then turn into humping sex bunnies once you give them an inch. Well this one had another thing coming if he thought he’d get anything from her! This soon, anyway.

The look on the girls face wasn’t an encouraging one. She had crossed her arms under her chest, and placed her weight on one foot. With an eyebrow raised, Spike could tell that she must’ve seen through his little charade.

“Are you some kind of bellboy?” Buffy asked.

“Nope, I’m just a good enough bloke to help out a distressed lady.”

“Oh, how nice of you.” Her voice sarcastic.

“Hey Spike,” Xander interrupted. “Mind helping us get these trunks into Buffy’s room?”

“Buffy?!” Spike barked, not seeing the scowl deepen on Buffy’s face. “What kind of parent calls their kid ‘Buffy’?”

“Spike!” Willow cried, horrified by what he had said as she came to stand next to Buffy.

“You shouldn’t be pointing fingers, blondie. I mean ‘Spike’? Talk about juvenile.”

“Ok you two, retract the claws.” Xander said, jumping out from the back of the van. “Let’s just get these trunks up to the dorms and then you two can continue this lovely talk.”

Spike and Buffy glared at each other for a second before they agreed to get the trunks upstairs. It wasn’t until they all realized that Buffy was assigned to the third floor, there were no elevators.

“Bloody hell!” Spike yelled again, for the hundredth time.

Buffy groaned. “You mind keeping your ‘bloody hells’ and your ‘Jesus Christ’s’ down to a minimal?” She too was carrying a heavy trunk, with the help of Oz, as Willow led the way up the stairs and Spike and Xander took up the rear, with the heavier trunk.

“Remember luv, I’m the one who volunteered to help you. If I didn’t then you would be making two trips.” Spike retorted. He could just make out a ‘Yeah, yeah’ from Buffy as she mumbled to herself. Looks could sure be deceiving.

Finally making it to the third level, Willow hurried down the hall towards the last room at the end of the hall and opened the door for the others. “Wow Buffy.” She said as she walked in. “Did your parents pay big bucks to get you the best room in the whole building?”

“I wouldn’t be surprised.” Buffy answered as she waddled backwards towards the end of the hall. She felt her spirits lift as she reached the home stretch. Even hearing Spike’s ‘Thank god’ didn’t stop her from her mental snoopy dance.

Dropping her trunk near the window, Buffy looked around the room and saw that Willow was right. This was a nice room. There were big dormer windows, filling the room with some well needed sunshine. The walls were a pale yellow with a dark red wooden border around the top, middle and bottom of the walls. There was a desk already in place, along with a bed in the middle of the room, and a closet off in the corner. Right next to the closet was her own bathroom… Yeah, her stepmom paid a lot for this room, probably thinking if she got the best room, that she wouldn’t come home at all.

“Nice digs goldilocks,” Spike’s voice was dead, almost mean. “See ya at dinner.” And then he was out of the room after that. Oz and Xander said they would see her later before they, too, walked out.

“Don’t mind Spike.” Willow explained.

“What’s his deal anyway? First he turns from a man whore Dr. Jekyll, then a rotten Mr. Hyde.” Buffy said as she went over to one of her boxes, marked bedding, and started to unload it.

Willow gave her a sympathetic smile, watching the young woman as she got her room ready. Walking over, Willow grabbed the mattress cover and helped Buffy place it on the bed. “It’s a long story, but I’m guessing that you need to know about it.” Buffy waited, grabbing the sheet and starting to make the bed. “This school is exactly like a Soap Opera, I’m not joking. It has some of the most dramatic irony I’ve ever experienced.” Willow said.

“You see,” Willow stood up. “Last year, there were four,” she held up four fingers, “most known kids in this school,” she pointed to the her index finger, “Spike,” middle finger, “Drusilla,” ring finger, “Angel,” pinky, “and Darla. Spike, was dating Dru almost all last year. Angel was dating Darla at the same time. But there was more going on then meets the eye.” She pointed to her pointer finger, “Spike was sleeping with Dru,” next finger, “Dru was sleeping with Angel,” next finger, “and Angel was sleeping with Darla, as well as every other girl on campus.”

“I can see the Soap comparison.” Buffy agreed, as she covered the bed with her black and white comforter.

“It gets worse. Spike and Angel are cousins.” Willow nodded at the blonde’s outrageous expression. “Yeah I know, major wiggies.”

“That’s one twisted family tree.”

“Yeah… also you know why Spike was so ‘grrr’ when he was in here?” Buffy nodded. “Well this was Dru’s room. Drusilla Blackwell.”

Buffy didn’t know what to think about this. This gave her a whole new way of looking at Spike. What he had gone through must have been horrifying. That was one thing that she could relate to him on. She threw her pillows onto the head of the bed. “And I thought my old school had enough drama.”

“Yeah, well we’re all interested in seeing what this year brings. Darla and Dru graduated, leaving the battering cousins behind.” Buffy had to agree, that would be very interesting. “Well, enough stories at the moment. Let’s get this room more you.”

Grabbing her stereo from one of her trunks, Buffy hooked it up so they could listen to some music as they put her stuff away. When she went to put some clothes into a dresser drawer, she stopped when she saw a picture laying on the bottom. Starring up at her was a beautiful raven haired woman with ivory skin wrapped in the arms of Spike. So this must be Drusilla Blackwell. Yes, she was gorgeous, but nothing all that special.

It was the look on Spike’s face that made her wonder her last thought. Love was shining from on his face as he held her. “What are you looking at?” Willow came up next to her and looked at the photo.

“Wow, that was a long time ago.” She picked up the photo. “Early last year I’m guessing. Probably before Spike found out about her and Angel at least.”

“How did he find out?”

“He walked in on them.” Ouch, Buffy thought. “Happened right here too, the whole floor could hear the yelling.” Willow shuddered as she remembered that night.

“I guess that I wouldn’t be able to make fun of him for that, can I.”

“I wouldn’t suggest it, no.” Willow smiled. A chime of a clock rang in the distance. “What time is it?”

“Umm… five-thirty.” She said, looking at her bedside clock.

“Dinner time!” Placing the picture back in the drawer, she grabbed Buffy’s empty hand and walked briskly out of the room, changing the subject to the goodiness of the food.






* * * * *
Reviews please! Tell me what you think!


Chapter End Notes:
what do you think??