Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own anything Buffy-wise. Really wish I had my own Spike, but I don't. **TEAR** So, please don't sue me. You won't get much (hehe).

As always, reviews and criticism are greatly appreciated! I hope you really like this story!

=)
~~~Chapter One~~~


Buffy Summers walked into Sunnydale HIgh on her first day of her senior year. Her last first day of high school. She looked around for her friends, not spotting the red-headed genius or the brunette dork.

She turned to go into the gym, hoping that Xander, the brunette dork, would be playing basketball. As she turned the corner, she almost ran into a strong body.

Looking up, Buffy saw just who she was about to run into. Sighing, she looked at the man giving her a sideways grin, "What do you want, Spike?"

Spike, a punk rock/gothic senior with bleached blonde hair, leered at her, giving her a once-over with his eyes, "Well, well, well," he said in his thick British accent, "Look who it is. Buffy Summers."

Getting aggravated, Buffy stared at him, "Move, Spike. Now."

Chuckling, he took a step closer to her, "Or what, Goldielocks?" He breathed in a husky whisper.

Giving up, Buffy just began to walk around him. When she made it halfway pass him, Spike grabbed her upper arm lightly, only to be shocked when she let out a cry of pain.

He quickly let go, taking a step back as he watched her grab at her arm in agony as Xander came rushing towards her.

Spike didn't know what had happened. All he was trying to do was say something to her before she walked off. He didn't think he had grabbed her all that hard.

When he looked to see what was going on with Buffy, he was met with a tear-stained face clutching her arm and a death glare coming from a boy stalking towards him.

Xander got right up in his face, pointing a finger at him, "Don't you EVER touch her again. Understand?"

Before Spike could even answer, Xander left, helping Buffy along with him. Spike looked around, noticing that no one was watching, thankfully. 'What the bloody hell just happened here? I didn't grab her that hard. What the hell else is going on here?' Spike thought.

He moved towards his first period, not paying attention to where he was going, when he felt a hand on his shoulder, stopping him from moving any further down the hallway. He looked up to see a red-headed girl with a stern look on her face, "Yeah?" he asked.

She removed her hand from his shoulder, crossing her arms over her chest, "Do you know who I am?"

Spike thought for a moment. He couldn't really place a name with the face in front of him, but he knew that he had seen this little spitfire before.

He was just about to answer when she cut him off before he had a chance, "My name is Willow. The girl that you just hurt is my best friend."

Spike sighed, looking down, "Look, I didn't mean to hurt her. I didn't think I grabbed her that hard. I didn't mean to."

"I know," Spike blinked, "You didn't hurt her that way. But she's never screamed that bad."

Spike looked at Willow curiously, "You telling me that someone's been doing this to her?"

Willow knew that she had already said too much, "Look, I gotta go," she said. Willow scurried off to her class without a second glance, leaving behind a very confused Spike.




"Bloody, buggerin', carrot-top, shirty, women," Spike grumbled as he walked through the Sunnydale Memorial Park. It was well after midnight, but he didn't really care.

He couldn't get the scene that happened that morning out of his head. He had thought all day about what possibly could have made Buffy scream out in pain from him just lightly grabbing her arm.

Deciding to try, once again, to put the thought of her in the back of his mind, he decided to walk towards home, only making his trip shorter by cutting through the playground.

Coming upon the swings, he noticed the faint sound of voices, getting closer, he heard a man, "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING OUT THIS LATE?!?!?!?!"

Spike picked up the speed of his feet as he heard a girl crying out her answer. He couldn't understand what she was saying and he knew that what was going on was absolutely none of his business, but something told him to keep going. Just incase.

He heard the voice again, "You think you're worth anything?" the voice said in a demeaning tone, "You're not. You're useless. The only reason I keep you is because the damn social services make me."

Spike slowed his feet, knowing that the voices were right around the trees hiding him. He heard the girl sob out, "I'm sorry." Suddenly stopping in his tracks when he heard the distinct sound of skin being slapped. He heard it again, except more forceful, as the girl silenced her sobs.

Spike leaned his head from behind the trees, seeing the man tower over a girl, Spike heard him speak again while he tried to get a good look at the girl, 'I'm gonna leave here and I'm gonna go home. You're not to come home until tomorrow after I've already gone to sleep. Understand, girl?"

Spike heard a faint, "Yes," come from the girl, then watched as the man walked away. The girl was still kneeling on the ground well after the man was out of sight. Spike felt his chest tighten as he saw the girl lift her head. Seeing the familiar tear-stained face of a girl he saw every day. He said, "Buffy?"


~~~Chapter Two~~~


Buffy's eyes shot towards the sound of her name. Seeing Spike, she quickly stood up, straightening her clothes and dusting herself off, "Spike!? What are you doing here?" Her voice wavered, fearful that he might have seen what happened only moments before.

Spike walked closer to her. Finally standing directly in front of her, he stretched his right hand out to caress the now red hand print on her face. He cringed as she winced at the soft contact, "Who was it?" He demanded.

Letting out a breath of air she didn't know she was holding, "It was no one. Just an accident. My fault. No big. Look, I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow, Spike," just as she moved to turn around, she felt an arm wrap around her waist, effectively keeping her from leaving like she so desired to at this point.

Spike looked down at her, capturing her eyes with his in an intense gaze, "Who was that man that I saw slap you and walk away?" Seeing the fear and awe on her face, he continued, "Yeah, I saw. And I wanna know who the bloody hell that was, Buffy."

Scrunching her eyebrows together, "Why do you care, Spike? You've been nothing but absolutely horrible to me. Why would you care what's going on with me?"

Sighing, he loosened his grip on her, afraid that he might be scaring her or worse, hurting her. His fingers began to play with the hem of her shirt, "I care. Don't rightly know why, but I do. I know that no one deserves that. Especially not girls. Now, are you going to tell me who that was or am I going to have to chase after him and find out for myself?"

Hearing him say that he would go after the man, her eyes shot open, "No!! Don't go after him. Please. I'll tell you who he is. But you have to promise to not say anything. Please?" Seeing him nod, she took a deep breath to ready herself, "Okay. His name is Hank. He's my father." She gestured her head towards the swing. Thankfully, he took the hint and released his grip on her.

They made their way to the swings, both sitting on one. He looked at her, "You're bloody father does all that to you? That's why you screamed this morning, wasn't it?" Seeing her nod, he inhaled sharply. Continuing, "What did he mean when he said that you weren't to come home tonight and that you shouldn't be home until he's already gone to bed tomorrow?"

Buffy shrugged, "Just that. I'm not allowed to go home until then."

Astonished, "He keeps you from coming home?" She nodded, "That's bloody ridiculous, Buffy! He can't just do that!"

"Yeah, well, he does. He has before, and I've dealt. And, more than likely, I'll do it again after tonight, too. No big."

Standing up, growing mad now, he stood in front of her, "No, you bloody well won't! You're not going back to him, Buffy. Not bloody gonna happen!"

She looked up at him questioningly, "What do you mean I'm not going back to him? What other choice do I have, Spike? He's my father. I've got no one else. My mother died last year, I've got no other family, no siblings, aunts, uncles, or cousins. No one besides you knows about what happens and no one else will. What? Are you going to put me up somewhere? Because unless you do, then I don't see any other option for me, Spike!"

She stood up now, aggravated, she threw her hands up in the air, "Don't you think I wouldn't love to get away from him? Away from this hell world that he has me in? I would. In a heart beat, I would get away from him. If I could. But I can't. There's nothing I can do. I've tried everything. I've went to the police, but they didn't do a damn thing because they all know him. Do you wanna know what happened when he found out that I went to the police?

He came ransacking into the house, drunk, and he came up to my room. He barged into my room and hit me. Hard. So hard that I couldn't catch my breath. And he kept hitting me and hitting me until I finally stopped crying. I was lying there, motionless on the floor, bleeding from only God knows where and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it. I missed school that entire week." Buffy had tears streaming down her face like rivers now.

Spike reached and attempted to wipe away the tears, softly speaking, "I remember that week. It was the third week of February. We were supposed to pick out Lab Partners that Monday and I was going to pick you, but you weren't there. I had no idea why though."

Staring at him disbelievingly, "You were? But you hate me. I don't understand."

He chuckled, "I don't hate you, Goldielocks. I used to think that I did. But there's always been this thing about you that I just can't stop myself from wanting. I look at you at school, wanting you so bad that I can't see straight, only to be hit in the face with reality, knowing that I can't have you."

Looking down, she whispered, "Says who?"

Spike placed a finger under he chin, lightly lifting her head to look into her eyes, "What are you saying, Buffy? Are you saying that you have feelings for me? That you want me just as much as I want you?"


~~~TBC~~~


Chapter End Notes:
So? What's the verdict? Do you like it? Love it? Hate it? Think it needs improving? Let me know. Give me a shout in a review! Thanks for reading so far!!!!

=)