Author's Chapter Notes:
Please bear with me, this is my first long canonical piece and Spike will eventually emerge and Spike and Buffy will get with the loving. But for the moment, we're seeing the Scoobies post Chosen and Angel post NFA through the eyes of a new comer. Spike joins the story in Chapter Four
Warning, there is a spoiler warning for the Season Eight comics, only the Long Way From Home and The Chain Issues (#1 - #5) as well as Angel: ATF Issue 1
Salty

Chapter One

Buffy trudged up the cold dark stairwell in her castle perched above the Scottish moors. Her haunted face was knitted in frustration, just having gone another bout with her giant sister. Literal giant fe-fi-fo-fum sister.



Buffy pondered how it happened, how they always reverted back to children with their petty arguing. Although, nothing was petty with Dawn being as big as she was.
It seemed like just yesterday when Buffy was in the cold arms of her now dead…er demon ex-lover ally. She really needed to find an adjective that would sum him up distinctly. But anomaly Spike was gone, she couldn’t ever spar, snark and snerk, seek solace or have sex with Spike ever again.



Buffy heard a large thump and a loud ‘Damnit!’ as she reached the highest turret.



‘How does that happen? How do we turn into twelve-year-olds all of a sudden every time we talk? Face it, we haven’t really gotten along since…since we changed the world.’



Buffy looked out over the beautiful moors, a soulful longing tinged her eyes, the age of experience flooding from her thoughts into her faraway glances.



‘I miss my home. I miss my mom I miss the gang. And Churros. And sex. Great Muppety Odin I miss that sex.’ Buffy grasped the old stone wall, watching the car that held the latest recruit amble through the Scottish country towards the castle. ‘Suck it up, Summers. You’re a big girl now.’



***



Giles had given Vi strict instructions to get the latest Slayer up to Buffy in all haste. Vi was happy to comply, this girl was weird. The tiny European car had arrived outside of Heathrow Airport to meet the oldest slayer alive. The woman was lean, blonde and gorgeous. Vi knew Buffy would instantly see her as competition despite Giles’ insistence that Buffy had to take on the newest Slayer.



“You okay Sally?” She asked timidly.



“Yeah. How long till we’re at this place?”



“It’s just on top of that hill.”



Sally didn’t know who she was. Six months ago she found herself lying in the war torn streets of LA with no memory of who she was or how she got there. A dragon had flown over the top of her head and she squealed.



Her voluptuous curves of delicious hips and upstanding c-cup breasts aching to begin child rearing covered her incredibly sharpened muscles. As a monster of indescribable horror swept along the rubble to devour her angelic golden curls, unknown speed, agility, strength and an innate feeling of rightness coursed through her body. She picked up the tire iron that had been left in the debris of a smashed up car and skewered the demon through its heart.



And then a man with poofy hair, who she immediately felt a feeling of dislike towards, dropped from the dragon to come to her rescue.



“What’s your name? What are you doing out?”



“I…ahh, I don’t know. Where am I? Wait, who am I?” Sally frowned at her strange voice.



“Good questions, let’s get you to safety.” He whistled and a dragon-talon marked Porche landed next to them. When Sally ripped off the door upon searching for the handle, the man with funny gelled hair decided to re-evaluate the seemingly innocent human. With a little help from a ghostly ex-watcher, she was declared a slayer and called herself Sally.



Sally had been flow out from San Fran the next day.





***



Buffy sighed. Again. She kept doing that.



Buffy couldn’t believe Giles had roped her with an inexperienced Slayer when she was already looking after three squads to five squads at any one time. At least one hundred and fifty slayers running beneath her feet…and Dawn’s. This 80s-reject-first-name-only-amnesic Slayer hadn’t had one iota of training and Buffy had to deal with her. Giles had a whole freaking Academy to train the Slayers but no, Buffy had to have this one anomaly Slayers.



She had thought over the last few days what was so special about this one girl. This one, blonde, perky, funny, strong as a demonic ox, memory-less girl. Buffy couldn’t come up with anything.



Mumbling all the way down to the welcoming courtyard, Buffy was only shaken from her reverie when she crashed into the suitcases of an unknown blonde.



“Hi, I’m Sally, could you show me up to Buffy Summers?” She wringed her hands nervously in their woollen gloves, an anxiety attack a breath away.



“I'm Buffy, and you’d better watch where you’re leaving your stuff.” She snapped. “Follow me.”



Buffy almost didn’t catch Sally’s mumble, “I thought you’d be taller.”



Sally wanted to glare at the cute little tank top, tight leather pants and army boots her commander sported but instead turned an admiring eye on the younger woman.



“How old are you?” Buffy asked, seemingly reading Sally’s mind.



“Truthfully, I don’t know anything but what I’ve been told since being found by that pointy haired man.”



As Buffy climbed the stairs, she hid a look of sympathy to her greenie slayer.



“I’m sorry for being harsh. I’m under a lot of pressure. I didn’t mean to take it out on you. It’s just…you aren’t alone here, okay? While some girls don’t have amnesia, we’ve all got pasts.”



Sally stayed silent as Buffy led her to her room and instructed her to put her name on the cleaning rosters. Her tour ended with Dawn introductions.



“Wow, you’re the oldest yet!”



“Dawn!”



“Well, I feel older than I look. And you’re the biggest girl I’ve ever seen.” Sally said timorously.



Sally still didn’t know how or what to feel. She was informed she as a Slayer and the whole demonic timeline, sent out of the country, met a giant and became intensely attracted and connected to a short blonde woman. A woman! The woman who was legend and her Commander in Chief, now that Sally was in an army. Sally was lost beyond repair and desperately wished she felt herself, even though she didn’t know what that felt like. All Sally knew was that in this point of time, she was wrong. Her body was at wrong with the world.



And somehow, she intrinsically knew that the short blonde woman whose ass switched to and fro in front of her was the answer.


Chapter End Notes:
So there is going to be slash. But Spike will arrive in time to see it. Email me at henrietta_holden@hotmail.com if you have any opinions or theories on what's going on, I'd be happy to hear from you. Next chapter will be up next week.