Author's Chapter Notes:
Buffy and Spike discover more about Dawn and their futures.

A huge thanks to my Beta All4spike for going over this chapter for me & for sticky by me and my bad spelling/grammar for so long : ) your the best! Also a huge thanks to Edgehead for the awesome banner.
Chapter 22

Forever yours

Two months later

In the passing months Buffy and Spike had easily slipped into the role of loving and attentive parents. Dawn was thriving; she was clearly more advanced than other children her age in many ways. She had shown incredible strength and at only two months old was already making an attempt to sit up alone. Buffy knew it would only be a matter of time before Dawn was crawling.

There had been a few attacks but it seemed that the protection spell on Dawn was extremely effective. If anything intending harm got close enough to Dawn, they were knocked back by a invisible force field and then either Buffy or Spike would make quick work of them, but it seemed for the time being the demon community had got the message to stay away.

Buffy and Spike still saw Dru from time to time, she would come to check on Dawn, but she seemed mostly to be spending her time eradicating any demons that posed a threat to Dawn.

On her first visit to meet Dawn, the very night she had been born, she had cradled the little baby in her arms but neither Spike nor Buffy could believe their eyes when Dawn reached up to touch Dru’s face. A bright white light had come from their daughter’s hand enveloping Dru’s whole body.

Buffy had panicked for a moment but the light seemed to fade quickly, and suddenly Dru made sense. No more talking in riddles or in a child like state. It seemed that Dawn had healed her tortured mind. Dru had hugged Dawn close, kissing her little forehead and whispering a thank you before handing her back to her mother. It was that night that Dru had sworn never to leave Dawn’s side for long. Her purpose now in this world was to protect the young girl for as long as she lived.

The Watchers’ Council had sent a team of representatives to talk to Buffy and Spike. Both Giles and Robson had been there to confirm that what the council was saying was true. Everyone that had agreed with Travers’ cause had died in that warehouse and no one would ever make another attempt on Dawn, Spike or Buffy. A decree had been passed within the Council so that if anyone did make an attempt it would be punishable by death.

A week after bringing Dawn home from the hospital, Joyce and Giles had made an announcement that they had secretly been seeing each other for months but with the pressure of demons and Travers they had thought it best to wait to tell everyone until thing had calmed down.

Joyce moved in with Giles and told Buffy and Spike she wanted them to live in the Summers’ house to raise Dawn. Buffy had been unsure at first how she felt about this new romance but after seeing them together so happy and in love, she decided that if anyone deserved that kind of happiness, it was Joyce and Giles and she wouldn’t be the one to stand in their way.

Just after Joyce had moved out there had been an attempt on Dawn. While killing the demon, Spike had vamped out. Panic and dread had filled him, was the spell the powers had done on him fading? What he feared most was the thought of never being able to walk in the sun with his girls again.

Willow, Giles and Robson had gone in to complete research mode and after a few weeks of reaching out to all possible sources, they had good news. Spike was a daywalker as Giles had put it. Half human half demon. He could walk in the sun, crosses and holy water had no effect on him and he would no longer need blood to survive, but he still had a little demon in him which is where his strength, speed and the ability to heal came from.

He quickly discovered he now also had a soul but as painful as his past memories were, he tried his best every day to work through them and not to let them consume him. He worked hard to make things right by saving as many people as he could.

In their search for answers, they had discovered information about Buffy too. Just like Spike she would not age anymore. This wasn’t a slayer trait but a side effect of having Dawn. Dawn was immortal. She would grow up to the age of around twenty five and then stop aging just like both Buffy and Spike.

Buffy wasn’t sure at first how she felt about this. She knew that one day she would have to watch her family and friends grow old and die, but knowing that Dawn would live on forever... Well, she knew she couldn’t handle knowing her baby girl would be alone in this world so she was happy to stay as long as both Dawn and Spike were there with her.

Tonight Dawn was spending the night with Joyce and Giles, giving Buffy and Spike some much needed time together. After going out to dinner and a taking walk along the waterfront they had returned home.

On returning home, Buffy had said she was going to have a quick shower. Spike had gone into the kitchen to make them both a hot cocoa but when he turned to go into the lounge room, he saw Buffy standing in the doorway wearing only a red lace baby doll lingerie top and matching red lace thong. Spike almost choked on his cocoa at the sight of the goddess before him.

“I thought you were going to have a shower pet?” he said, wearing his trade mark smirk.

“I wanted to surprise you,” she whispered, walking towards him and running her hands up his shirt-covered chest.

“Well you succeeded luv,” he laughed softly.

“We have been together now for a year. So much has happened but we made it through.” She grasped his shirt and ripped it open with one good tug, running her hands up his bare chest and loving the feel of his now warm skin under her palms. Feeling his heart thumping, she stopped for a moment enjoying the feel of it. “I love that feeling,” she whispered, leaning her ear to his chest to listen to it for a moment.

“Still getting used to it myself.”

“You have given me so much,” she said, pulling back to look at him. “But I want one more thing right now,” she said, her voice husky as she smiled at him.

“Oh I’m pretty sure I know what you want pet.” Grasping her bum, he easily lifted her, sitting her on the kitchen island and positioning himself between her legs, she could feel his jean covered erection pocking into her thigh.

“I want you to claim me,” she announced,

Spike looked at her, stunned. That was not what he was expecting. “Are you sure about this luv? This is forever, you will be mine and no one else’s,” he replied, looking at her seriously.

“There is no one else I would ever want,” she informed him. “We have forever to be with each other and I want to make it clear to the demon world that you’re mine and I’m yours forever.”

He moved in fast, smashing his lips onto hers. The kiss was hot and demanding. He felt her push his torn shirt from his shoulders as he moved to do the same, lifting the hem of her lacy top and breaking their kiss for a moment to pull it over her head and throw it to the floor. He took a moment to admire her then moving in, he sucked one pert nipple into his hot mouth, flicking his tongue over it rapidly before moving to the other to give it the same treatment.

“Oh Spike,” she moaned. Pulling him up to a heated kiss, she fumbled with his pants for a moment before unzipping them and pushing them down with the aid of her feet.

He easily stepped out of them as he had removed his boots earlier. Moving his hand between them, he quickly removed her wet thong tossing it aside with the rest of their clothes.

Grasping his hard cock, she positioned him at her entrance. She needed him inside her now.

He slipped his cock up and down her wet slit, teasing her clit and hearing her whimper. He couldn’t help the cocky smirk that formed on his lips.

“Spike, please, no more teasing… need you inside me,” she begged, and he happily obliged, sliding into her warm heat.

He groaned loudly at the feeling of being inside her wet heat. “Oh, god. Luv, you feel so good.... always so hot and wet for me,” he moaned, thrusting in and out of her slowly before starting to pick up the pace. “Still so bloody tight, forever will never be long enough.”

He pulled out of her almost completely before slamming back into her, hitting just the right spot inside her that made her eyes roll up and her toes curl. This was perfection, being together. She knew they had been made for each other.

Spike tried to keep his pace steady but when he looked down to where they were so intimately joined, groaning at the sight of him slipping in and out of her wet pussy, he lost control. Slamming into her harder and faster, his hands gripped her hips in a brutal hold that would no doubt leave bruises.

Buffy followed his eyes seeing his cock, slick with her juices, disappear and reappear from her hot quim. Her eyes rolled back in her head. She was so close she could feel the burn starting to grow.

“Spike please now... do it now,” she begged, baring her neck to him.

Seeing her blood pumping away just under the skin, her hot pussy sucking him in deeper and deeper, he vamped out licking her neck and making her moan before slipping his fangs into her neck.

Buffy screamed in delight as she started to cum around him.

Pulling back, he licked her wound closed. “Mine” he growled possessively.

“Yes yours, only yours,” she groaned, slowly coming down from her high.

Grasping the back of his neck, she tilted his head and sank her blunt human teeth into his creamy white skin. At the first taste of his coppery blood, she was surprised to find she liked the taste, and when she felt him cumming inside her, screaming her name, she was hit by a sudden and powerful orgasm making her throw her head back and moan his name.

“Spike... god you’re mine,” she claimed.

“Yours pet, only yours,” he reciprocated. Moving in, he captured her lips, kissing her sweetly.

“I love you,” she whispered as they pulled apart.

“I love you too,” he replied. Looking at her and cupping her cheek, he suddenly looked serious.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, worried. Slipping from her heat he bent down pulling something from his pants pocket.

“Marry me luv?” he asked, sounding almost a little frightened. He passed her a red velvet box and opened it to display a beautiful princess diamond ring.

“Oh my god!” she gasped, shocked.

“You wanted to show the demon world we belong to each other and no one else, and I would like to show that to the human world too,” he told her.

“Of course I’ll marry you,” she laughed, hugging him close.

Pulling back, he smiled happily at her.

“Where did you get this? It’s so beautiful,” she whispered as he removed it from the box.

“It was my mother’s and now I want it to be yours,” he replied, slipping it onto her finger.

Moving to kiss him again, she couldn’t seem to wipe the smile from her face as he swept her up into his arms to carry her upstairs and to their room.

She couldn’t believe her life now. She was a mother and a soon to be wife, mated to a half vampire half human who used to be her mortal enemy but was now the love of her life. This isn’t how she thought her life would turn out but sometimes life doesn’t turn out the way you planned.

Sometimes it turns out better.

The End


Chapter End Notes:
So this is the very last chapter for this fic, i'm so sad to see it end but i think it has run it course and i'm so happy with how it came out. I hope you guys loved reading it as much as i loved writing it and all i ask is one last time.... please let me know what you think and review : )