Author's Chapter Notes:
I felt like bringing out a Christmas fic, enjoy!
~Christmas Eve~

Buffy sat on her roof, she didn’t always like coming up here but she found it gave her some peace and quiet from everything that was happening. Everyone had been so busy that the festive holiday, Christmas had almost been forgotten, Dawn of course had been the one to bring everybody away from the chaos that was the upcoming battle. She had insisted on putting up a large bushy tree and decorating it until the branches could barely be seen but Buffy had to admit that the tree did bring calm over everyone, including the potentials that were unbearably homesick.

The issue of presents had been another thing on Buffy’s very long list of priorities. She had found a spare hour and had hurried off to the closest mall. She knew that she appeared to busy to remember her own name but Buffy had actually payed attention to every hint each of the Scoobies had given her as for what they wanted for Christmas. So when she had arrived at the mall she had immediately bought Dawn a pair of brown, wrap around boots with a wedge heel. She had bought Willow a set of tarot cards, in the memory of Tara. Xander’s gift had taken a while; she had ended up buying him what the salesperson had said was the best tool set in the shop.

Anya had been difficult because Buffy honestly hadn’t spent that much time around her for the last few months but she had finally decided on a set of perfumes. For Giles she had bought a limited edition classic record collection, it had a lot of the records that she had seen get destroyed after Giles had turned into a demon and half wrecked his apartment. She’d even gotten Andrew a gift, she hadn’t payed a lot of attention but it was a limited edition Skywalker figure thing.

As for Faith, she had bought the slayer an antique knife, she didn’t expect anything in return but she would have felt weird had she not given her anything.

Buffy had been worried that she wouldn’t have had enough money to buy her friends anything but she had been touched and grateful when she had seen Spike put money in the drawer in her bedside table. Boy had it been a lot of money, Buffy usually would have thrown the money back at him but she could tell that he would have just snuck it into one of her coat pockets or found other ways to keep giving it back. Spike’s present had taken her the longest to find.

She had thought about buying him a journal for poetry but had decided to do something else and had been pleasantly surprised at how it had turned out. She came out of her musings when someone else joined her on the roof, she turned her head and smiled when Dawn joined her, taking a seat cautiously before turning to face her.

“Hey” the teen gave her a smile.

“Hey Dawnie” Buffy smiled before turning her head to look at the Christmas decorations displayed proudly on each house that was placed on Revello drive.

Xander, Herself and Dawn had done the decorations earlier during the day and the house looked just like it used to when Joyce had done it. Buffy smiled as memories of her mother wearing festive sweaters, Dawn covered in tinsel and herself carrying a tray of burnt cookies washed over her.

“So, got the Christmas shopping done?” Dawn asked, thinking about the gifts she had bought for the gang.

“Yep all out of the way” Buffy said brightly.

“Did you buy a gift for Spike?” Dawn asked hesitantly.

“Yes, did you?” Buffy didn’t look at her sister but she could tell that Dawn had nodded.

They sat in comfortable silence for a few more minutes before Dawn gave her sister a smile and a hug and climbed back in the window. Buffy looked up at the stars and moved into a more comfortable position, she wished that she knew more about the stars but her dad had only taught her a few things before the divorce. As she stared up at them she slowly felt her eyes begin to flutter shut.

~~

Spike walked past Buffy’s bedroom and noticed that the potentials had cleared out and moved to the lounge room. He moved to close the open window but stopped when he saw Buffy sound asleep on her roof.

Gracefully he climbed out of the window and crouched next to her, he loved watching her sleep mostly because she was free from all of her problems when she was off in dreamland.

He smiled softly before scooping her up and carefully manoeuvring them both back through the window. Gently he placed her on the bed and closed the window. He looked her over before giving her a kiss on the forehead and covering her with a quilt.

“Merry Christmas Buffy” he whispered as he noticed it was one minute past Midnight.

~Christmas Day~

Buffy watched her friends, they were all laughing happily and trading presents, everyone had appreciated their gifts and had shown so by giving her a large hug and a gift in return. She had seen Spike earlier but he seemed to have disappeared when the gifts were being traded. She rose and went to the basement stairs.

She waited for a few moments before going down the stairs; she smiled when she saw him asleep on the cot that had been his bed for the last few months. She quietly sat next to him, stifling a giggle when she heard him purr.

After a few minutes of silently watching him she felt more than saw him wake up. He looked at her confused “Buffy?”

“Hi” she said softly.

“What are you doing down here love?” he sat up and she moved into a more comfortable position.

“Well I noticed you had decided to leave the gift giving to the gang up there but” she pulled something out of her pocket “I still have a gift for you” she smiled as he looked at the small box in curiosity.

“You didn’t have to” he said even as he took the box from her hand.

“You’re right...I wanted to” she said shyly and looked at the box as he flipped the lid.

He looked at the object in appreciation. She had decided to get him a thick silver ring, it seemed simple enough but she had had it engraved. He turned the ring between his fingers and noticed the inscription; he read it then looked at her in wonder.

“Buffy-” he began to thank her but she held a finger to his lips.

“I needed you to know” she said softly before moving her hand to tenderly caress his cheek.

“I have something for you luv” he reached into his jeans pocket and pulled out a small ring “used to be my mum’s, it was her wedding ring, and she treasured it above all of her jewellery” Spike gave her a smile and Buffy looked at the ring.

“Spike it’s beautiful” she gasped as she saw the small emerald stone surrounded by a close circle of diamonds.

Buffy slid the ring onto her wedding finger and gave him a smile, her whole face lighting up with delight when he mimicked her action with his own ring.

She moved closer and brushed her lips across his before muttering “may you forever hold my heart.”

Spike gave her a smile as she muttered the words engraved on the ring “Merry Christmas Buffy.”

“Merry Christmas Spike” she smiled again, unable to keep the grin off of her face.

Their moment of peace was interrupted by Dawn “Oh My God could you guys get any cheesier.”

They both turned to look at her in shock but she merely smiled and went back up the stairs. Buffy smiled, her eyes twinkling. For the first time in months she felt like everything was going to be alright. She gave him a kiss which he happily returned.

"I love you" she smiled.

"I love you too pet, always have."

The First could throw demons, death and violence at her but as long as she had Spike by her side she would be fine and she’d come out on top.


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas :) Review?