Author's Chapter Notes:
This fic was written for my buddy Brett for his 21st birthday!

Happy Birthday Brett!!

Thanks to PB for all her encouragement and being so good to me. Thanks to Xaphania for the lovely birthday banner. And thanks to Lauriel for the quick beta :) I love you all *mwah*

This will probably be a series and am up for any challanges you guys want to issue :)
Link to theme song to the TV show:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/jacksbistro/


Chapter 1


”Damn,” Cordelia said. She was sitting at the kitchen counter, flipping through a catalog. “I have got to get a raise or something. I spend almost all my paycheck on rent and food, and never have any left to shop.”

Buffy was on the treadmill in the living room. She hadn’t really heard what Cordy had said, but judging by the body language, and the slamming of the catalog, it was the same thing she heard from her several times a day.

Buffy and Cordy had met in High School. Cordy had been the longhaired brunette with the amazing body everyone dreamt of. Buffy the petite athletic blond that everyone wanted to be. They had both been on the cheerleading squad at school, so they spent a lot of time together and became friends. Many road trips to away games, many practices and school events had given them time to get to know each other. Over the course of the last few years, they had become even more than close friends. They had become lovers. Many times they had discussed their relationship, trying to label it. Both women enjoyed the company of men, but found that they were only chased after by men who were interested in their looks, never their minds. Their relationship had evolved from never being able to meet a man who could look past the pretty outside. They still liked men, but had taken comfort in knowing they were happy for now.

Cordelia’s wealthy family had disowned her when they found out the woman were a bit closer than friends. It had been very hard on her, but she had welcomed the freedom. She had taken a job at a local department store, just until she could find something else. It paid a decent wage and she had been promoted to management, but even with the decent discount they gave her, she still couldn’t afford to shop there. She continued to look for a job where she could use her people skills, but without a degree, she was finding it difficult. She hadn’t been the best student in school, but had always had a way with people. She had not signed up for classes yet, but Buffy was sure she had managed to convince her to register next semester.

Buffy worked at the town’s only gym as a personal trainer, and took classes at the local college at night. Her bubbly personality and endless energy made people want to work out. People always requested her, but because Sunnydale was such a small town, she didn’t always have enough clients to keep her busy. She was always checking the bulletin boards at the college annex for any odd jobs she could do for extra cash. Buffy was majoring in business management. She worked very hard and hoped to one day open her own gym. She did anything from babysitting to dog walking, always trying to set a little money back for her gym, but usually ending up using it towards everyday bills. Still, she kept her chin up.

They had moved into this apartment 6 months ago, thinking that they would have no problem affording it. It was a two bedroom flat on the ground floor. They had a big kitchen, a fireplace, and a beautiful Spanish tiled patio out back. They hadn’t expected their roommate, Faith, to run off with her biker boyfriend 2 months after they moved in. They hadn’t even known she was dating anyone, and all she had left was a simple note under a magnet on the refrigerator, saying she knew they would understand.

Buffy got off the treadmill, grabbed her towel and walked into the kitchen for a cold drink. Bottle of water in hand, she looked over at the catalog Cordy had been flicking through. It was a Victoria’s Secret catalog. Buffy flipped through the pages, blushing, wishing she could see Cordy in all of these frillies.

Buffy strolled into the bedroom she was still sharing with Cordelia. She found her laying on her twin bed, in her bra and panties. She was supposed to be getting ready for work, but was lying on her back, arm flung over her face.

“What time are you supposed to be at work?” Buffy asked as she stripped off her sweaty clothes.

Cordy sat up, admiring Buffy’s naked form, “In an hour, what are you doing today?”

“Got one client this afternoon, then class till 6. Want me to bring home dinner?” Buffy’s naked body glided over to her bed, climbing in beside her. Cordy’s fingertips traced the peak of Buffy’s nipple as she kissed her soft pink lips lovingly.

“That would be great, Chinese ok with you?” she asked as Buffy kissed her neck. Cordy moaned softly, her hands wove their way in Buffy’s hair she had just released from a tight ponytail. Buffy was trying to remove her bra stealthily, when Cordy wiggled away.

“I have to get ready for work, Sweetie, no time to play right now. But come see me later,” she said as she winked and walked over to the dresser to straighten her hair.

Pouting, Buffy got up and grabbed her robe. “Ok, I gotta grab a shower before work anyway… but count on me later.” She snapped Cordy’s bra strap as she walked past her on her way to the shower. “Maybe I will get some more hours this week and you can order one of those lovely lacies in the catalog to wear for me.

“We need to worry about rent before we worry about those sorts of things, Buffy. I’m really worried that we aren’t going to have enough for rent in two weeks. Maybe we need to start looking for another roommate. Why don’t you check the bulletin board at the annex after class today, for a roommate instead of more work? I hardly see you as it is.”

“Will do, Hun. I will post a notice there before I go to class. Maybe we can find a smokin’ hot guy to join our little love nest.”

“We’ll see,” Cordy replied.

As she prepared to leave for her day, Buffy took a minute to sit down and plot out their ad for a roommate. She knew exactly what they wanted in a roommate, but that was a little inappropriate to post anywhere. Buffy took a piece of paper from her notebook and began to write out their flyer for the bulletin board.

Roommate Wanted
To share local apartment
Male preferred, no pets
Available Immediately
Call Buffy or Cordelia

She included their cell phone numbers on little tabs on the bottom of the flyer for people to tear off. She planned on posting it as soon as she could. She really wanted to ease Cordy’s mind about the bills. Buffy carefully placed it in her messenger bag, and headed off to work.


Chapter End Notes:
Please review, I tickles my muse...