Author's Chapter Notes:
This was inspired by the "Earth's Children" series of books. I hope you enjoy this story. My brain is on overdrive, trying to spill out of my fingertips.
Chapter 2



Willow spent the next few hours researching spells to help Buffy. She knew that Buffy had been distressed since she had been brought back. Willow was relieved that Buffy’s distress was about the girl and not about being resurrected. Buffy had told her that she really wanted to make contact with the child, to comfort her, but Willow had a better idea. What if she could send Buffy to Kaia, to her time and place to actually help her instead of just comforting her. Willow smiled, having just come to a solution to Buffy’s problem. It was a much better idea, she thought, knowing Buffy could help Kaia and comfort her.

Willow located the dark magic book she needed from a stack of volumes on her shelf and began to search for a spell that would send Buffy to Kaia. By the third hour, she had found a spell to send Buffy back in time, but not to a specific place and another spell to enable her to ‘speak with someone from the past’, but not the exact spell she needed. Willow read through them both before deciding that she could combine the wording from both and get the final result she was looking for.

Her pen scratched out the words in her leather-bound notebook, her personal Book of Shadows that she used to hold all her best dark spells. Willow looked over her work once more, making a few alterations, then shut the notebook and placed it in the back pocket of her messenger bag.

She had taken the dark magic book from Giles’ personal collection just before he left for England. He had not noticed it was missing, as far as she knew, and she hoped that she wouldn’t get caught returning it. Or better yet, maybe she would keep it since he hadn’t noticed it was missing. Instead of replacing it on her bedroom shelf, she tucked it in between the mattress and box spring in her bed. She smoothed the bedspread back out and adjusted the dust ruffle before exiting her room to go find Buffy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy woke to find Spike’s arms encircling her, protecting her. He immediately knew she was awake and began to lightly kiss the back of her neck. Her body responded by leaning back into him, sharing her warmth. Spike’s hands were roaming, exploring her bare body. He reached between her legs, threading his fingers through her soft downy hair, seeking her rosy nub. She spread her legs allowing him to touch her. He slowly circled her clit as she rolled onto her back giving him better access. He kissed her deeply as she softly moaned into his mouth. Her hands reached for him, wanting to return the pleasure. “Let me do this for you. Just relax,” Spike whispered to her between kisses. He slowly brought her to climax. He loved watching her come. The tense trembling of her body, the gentle arch of her back, the expressions of her face lost in ecstasy. Her quivering body finally collapsed and she allowed him to pull her into his embrace once again.

She didn’t really want to leave, but she needed to get back to the house before Dawn got home from school. Wiggling out from his arms, she carefully climbed from his bed, searching for her clothes in the dark.

“Why don’t you just light another candle, pet? It isn’t like I would mind. I am awake, you know.” Spike watched her naked form in the flicker of the few dim remaining candles, as her shadow danced along the walls. Awed by her beauty, he committed the sight to his memory, unaware of how precious these memories would become in a matter of hours.

“Thanks, but I think I found everything. I need to get home before Dawn does. I don’t want to have her asking me any questions about where I’ve been all day. Or who I spent it with,” she responded.

Buffy picked up her cell phone and saw the little red light flashing, indicating she had a message. She would have to wait till she got out of the crypt to make the call, she wanted it to be private. She hoped it was Willow, but didn’t want to get her hopes up.

Buffy’s monotone response let him know her mental state had not improved. “Buffy, why don’t we just tell them all. They will all adjust. They might even be ok with it. I can’t bear to see you like this.” He got out of bed and went to her, pulling her into his arms. “Let me come with you.”

“Sun’s still up, Spike. Besides, I have a few things I need to do.” She returned his embrace, leaning her head against his chest. “But I will be back as soon as I can.”

“I will be waiting as patiently as I can, don’t be too long.” He tilted her chin up, capturing her mouth in one last heated kiss. Then he watched her walk away.


As soon as she got far enough away from the crypt that she felt Spike couldn’t hear her, she dialed the number for her voicemail and listened to Willow’s message. Dawn had called home during lunch asking permission to go out after school with Janice and a few other friends for a pizza. Willow had given her permission thus allowing her and Buffy to have the house empty for several hours. The plan was set, and they would cast the spell in the basement before anyone else got home.

Arriving at the house, Buffy found Willow already in the basement. She had covered all the windows so no one could see in and had made a circle of colored sand on the floor.

“Step into the circle and we can get started,” Willow instructed Buffy as she continued to set up.

“Shouldn’t we go over what I can expect? Willow, are you sure this is safe? I mean I trust you; otherwise I wouldn’t have come to you for help, but are you sure? I know you are using dark magics to help me and I want to make sure I’m not gonna end up like the family in the Land of the Lost TV show.”

“Trust me Buffy, I only have your best interest at heart.” Willow smiled, smug with the knowledge she knew what was best for her friend.


Chapter End Notes:
Please review :) I really makes my day to know what you think of this. Thanks so much in advance and I will respond to all. Also, if you want to make sure you dont miss an update, please favorite the story and you will receive email notification of an update.