Author's Chapter Notes:
Posting to see if anyone likes the idea. If you do, please review and let me know and I'll continue with it. If not, please review and I'll make it go bye-bye.
Buffy tossed various items into the over-sized black suitcases as she ‘packed’ for her sister’s wedding. She had exactly 7 days, 4 hours, and 37 minutes until the big day and she had to look absolutely fabulous. Come hell or high water she was going to be the name on everyone’s lips, NOT Drusilla. Although it didn’t help that her sister was marrying tall, dark and brooding and Buffy had….well she had her trusty Beagle, Sampson.

“Come in!” Said Beagle alerted her to the doorbell as she hollered at the person on the other side of the door. Sure enough, clad in all black complete with a leather duster and the bluest eyes she’d ever seen was her best friend and former lover, William Pratt. He chuckled as he dodged the jumping pooch in an effort to reach the petite blonde as she laughed from the doorway.

“Seems the little bugger remembers me after all. Been too long since I’ve been in this house.” Spike looked around the room wistfully as his eyes fell upon a picture of them smiling in their younger years. His arms were wrapped tightly around her waist as her head fell back on his shoulder as she laughed at something behind the photographer. His eyes, as always, were focused on her.

“Oh my God Spike, please tell me you aren’t wearing that on the flight! You cannot wear that to meet my parents, the entire wedding party will be there! You have to look at least mildly presentable, well we can work around the bleach but suit! Couldn‘t you just wear a suit or something?” Buffy watched him with a horrified expression taking over her face as he shrugged indifferently.

“What’s wrong with it?” The Brit shrugged again before crushing his lips to the startled woman’s, holding her close as she struggled to separate her body from his.

“Spike…Spike stop! We don’t do that anymore…remember?” Buffy finally pushed him away and went back to packing or rather tossing things she maybe… sort of… might need on the trip into her suitcase.

“Leather pants luv?” He smirked as he held up the black pants she’d just thrown into the bag.

“Shut up. You never know when you’re going to need leather pants…there could be clubs or… I don’t know, just throw them back in the bag and stop smirking!”

“Still don’t know why you’re making such a big fuss over going back home pet. ‘S not like you haven’t been back before. Jus’ now with Liam ‘n Dru getting hitched.” Spike leaned back against the bed as he watched her pert ass wave in front of him while she searched for some unknown object at the bottom of her closet and under the mounds of ‘reject’ clothes on the floor.

“I have to see my parents and…Liam” Buffy blonde head poked over the maroon bedspread to watch as the man in her room sprawled across the bed, his taut muscles rippling underneath alabaster skin as he did so. ‘ Bad Buffy! No thinking naughty thoughts about the…Oh my God is he getting hard?’ She forcefully tore her eyes away from the growing bulge in his pants, missing his smirk as he caught her appraising his ‘package’.

“Not to mention you still haven’t told your parents ‘bout the big break-up. Don’t think mommy ‘n daddy will be too proud of their little girl filin’ for divorce without their seal of bloody approval.”

“Let me worry about that. You… you just go get changed into a suit or something that doesn’t say I worship Billy Idol.” She pointed her finger out the room and he frowned at her comparison to Billy Idol.

“Bloody ponce stole this look from me!” He muttered on his way to retrieve the waiting black suit and blue tie.
She didn’t have the heart to tell him that Billy Idol had that look well over twenty years BEFORE he had been born and instead went back to packing up necessary and not-so-necessary items into her bag before lugging it towards the front door.

American Airlines flight 213 from Los Angeles, California to London, England, seats 19a and 19b…

“Look at that luv you can see the 405!” Spike excitedly pointed out the window of the Boeing 777 as his counterpart tried unsuccessfully to signal the flight attendant for another drink, preferably one with lots and lots of alcohol. Her stomach flipped as the plane jolted slightly as they climbed higher over the clouds.

“Spike shut up already! I don’t want to see anything but the inside of my eyelids until we get there and once we get there all I want to see the return flight away from those people.” Buffy groaned as the plane shifted directions during the steady climb to altitude. It wasn’t that she didn’t like flying, she did…it was the crashing that had her worried. Someone had once told her more accidents happen on the incline rather than the landing or in-flight and the pestering blonde at her side wasn’t helping matters in the least. He was wiggling around like a five year old on his first flight not a twenty-nine year old man that had already made this trip four times prior.

“Want to join the mile-high club luv?” His excited expression never died as his hands roamed over her exposed thigh, inching higher as the flight attendant turned her back on the couple.

Buffy’s mouth gaped as she struggled to find words but nothing resembling the English language or any other known language came to her as she continued to stare at him wide-eyed.

“’S not like we haven’t before. Remember our honeymoon? Did it right over the Pacific Ocean, we did. ‘Sides might as well get some use out of these rings ‘fore we ‘til divorce do us part.” He wiggled his fingers in front of her face making sure that she caught the glimmer of the platinum ring adorning his left ring finger before nudging her own hand with the matching ring. “’Sides luv we have to make it convincing for two weeks to the folks ‘fore you can yell at them once we’re safely behind security that we’re over. That includes snoggin’ and knowin’ yer mum she’s going to put us in the same room, probably next to Liam ‘n Dru. Should give them a run for their money and you shagged me silly jus’ last week.”

“We slept together once…”

“Twice pet”

“But never again Spike. It just didn’t work for us and…”

“Who decided that Buffy? Give me this trip to show you how much I still love you and if you decided after these two weeks that you want me gone I will gladly sign the divorce papers.” He gave her a quick peck on the lips before smiling broadly at the Barbie look-alike flight attendant standing by their seats.

“What can I get you for tonight’s meal? We have the orange chicken or salmon.”

“Salmon for my girl and I’ll have the chicken luv. “ Spike grinned at her again, noticing Buffy roll her eyes at the obnoxious display as the flight attendant ‘Mandy’ fluttered her eyelashes again.

“You must be from England, I just love a strong accent and yours is just to die for”

“Hey sweetie, yeah ok I want the salmon, he wants the chicken…move along. Oh and by the way, he’s married…to me” Buffy gave her own grin that turned into a heated glare as she followed the retreating bottle blonde’s track to the galley.

“So I guess you’re taking the deal then?” Spike grinned as she reluctantly nodded her head.