Author's Chapter Notes:
hehehe I am perving early on this summer break :) Enjoy!

Thanks PB for the beta :P This ones for you :) You helped with the prompt and the title and lots in the middle too! and to Chantel for the lovely banner!
Morningwood Park by CallMeKitten

Summary: Buffy takes an early morning trip to a little known national park for a day of hiking and adventure, and tour guide Ranger Spike offers to show Buffy all the wonders of Morningwood.

Another installment in what I think I will call the “Summer Lovin’ Series”.


Buffy had packed all the gear she thought she might need for her latest hobby. She was going to try her hand at hiking. She was sure this might fill her days with something to do besides lounge by the pool, lusting after her poolboy. She mentally checked the items she thought she might need in her head.

Sunscreen, bug spray, canteen, trail mix... She was shoving the items into her lightweight backpack as she thought of each one. She had picked up a pamphlet for the park somewhere and decided, what the hell. Plus, she got to go shopping for a hot little hiking outfit, just incase she met someone in the woods. Laughing at her own line of thinking, she looked at herself in the full-length mirror one more time.

She had pulled her long, blond hair back into a nice swishy ponytail, and had added just a hint of makeup. She had read to dress in layers, so she had on a white spaghetti strap tank top, an aqua blue long sleeve, moisture wicking shirt and a brown vest over some cute khaki cargo shorts she found a while back. She had the requisite hiking boots with similar colors to match. She looked so cute, just like something from an ad in one of her adventure magazines. She checked her watch and realized she’d better get a move on if she was going to be on time for the first tour. Grabbing her Jeep Cherokee keys, she grinned thinking her vehicle even screamed “great outdoors“.

She set her GPS in the dash to the location and pulled out of her driveway, excited about the adventure she was setting out on.

******


Buffy arrived at the parking lot right on time. She checked her face and hair once more before grabbing her backpack and walking to the pavilion.

Exiting the Jeep, she only saw one other vehicle on the lot. An old, beat-up black car, with a personalized license plate that read, BIG BAD. Jeez, what kinda moron puts that on his plates? She looked lovingly at her own personalized plates that read, JEEPME.

She felt good. The sun was shining; she was having a great hair day, what could go wrong? Buffy could see there was a person standing by a huge bulletin board. He was dressed in khaki from head to toe, and had on a hat just like the Ranger Smith on Yogi Bear. She began to laugh as she strode over to him.

Spike had the easiest summer job ever. He had answered an ad for a park ranger assistant in the local college gazette, and had hoped to make some money with very little effort. So far, so good he thought to himself. He had arrived everyday for the last three weeks at the trail entrance, and not one person had shown up. That meant he basically got to wander around the wooded trail, looking at nature all day. And he got a paycheck every Friday! No visitors meant no trash to pick up, no bathrooms to attend to, and no tours to give. He was especially thankful for the last one because he had forgotten nearly everything he had been trained in the last three weeks. But today, a car had pulled into the lot.

She drove an older model Jeep, not some new tree hugging hybrid, leading him to hope she wasn’t an uptight, “greenie“. His car screamed, “gimme all your fossil fuel” and seemed to upset some of his superiors at the park, citing that they were all about nature preservation. He liked what he saw as she stepped out of her car and began to walk over to him. She was petite and perky and looked ready to hike. Her silky ponytail swayed from left to right as she walked towards him. SHIT! The tour! Think, Spike, you remember which trees to point out, I know you do! He smiled at her as she approached, trying not to look panicked. She would be his first tour. Please let her not want too much information.

Buffy was still giggling as she reached the pavilion, and walked up to the guide. “Hi, I’m Buffy Summers. I take it I will be getting a private tour of Morningwood today?” She held her hand out for him to shake it.

Spike was lost in her green eyes, unaware of anything she was saying. He snapped out of it as he saw her hand waving in front of his face.

“Hello? Anybody in there?” Buffy smirked. This was not the first time she’d had this effect on a man, but it was still amusing every time.

“Oh, yes!” He reached out and rapidly shook her whole arm. “Sorry, I d-didn’t mean to.. I mean..” Breathe, man, breathe “Let me start over. Welcome to Morningwood. My name is Spike and I will be your guide today.”

Buffy laughed loudly as she just realized the name of the park. “Oh My God! Morning Wood! Whoever named this place had a great sense of humor!” She was nearly doubled over in laughter.

Spike burst out laughing too. He had laughed when he first read it, and giggled internally as he offered his tour of “morning wood” to her, but was struggling to maintain his professionalism. Dude, maintain! You are at work, not a club trying to hit on her!

He straightened up and stifled his laughter. “Buffy, right?” What the fuck were her parents thinking? “Are you ready to start the tour? Looks like it’s just us.”

Buffy looked at her guide struggling to be professional and answered him. “Yeah, I’m ready. Be kind though, I’ve never viewed Morningwood.” She giggled again. “Your tag says William, what’s with the nickname?” Her thoughts wandered back to the black car in the parking lot and its tags. “Spike, huh? Are you the ‘Big Bad‘?” She looked coyly at him, hoping he would loosen up. He was just adorable. His thin, muscular body peeking out from under his ranger uniform had her mind thinking of his own private wood. She couldn’t help but to giggle again.

Shocked at the flirtation coming from the gorgeous blond, he figured what the hell. They were going to be alone in the woods in a few minutes, lightening up might be fun. Plus, he might not have to worry about remembering the tour as he was trained to give it. “Yeah, that’s me, the Big Bad.” He slipped his thumbs through the front belt loops of his uniform shorts, slightly thrusting his pelvis as he did. “Spike’s a nickname I’ve had for a while. Please don’t ask.” Racing through his mind was the reason why he had the name. His Grandfather had always told him he was sharp as a tack, but called him Spike cause it was far more masculine. God, why couldn’t he have a better story to go with that nickname by now?

Buffy watched his body language and knew today was going to be fun. But the sight of him all pelvic thrust-y in that uniform was priceless. “Ok, I won’t ask, but maybe I will take a few guesses throughout the day. Ready when you are, Spike. Lead the way.”

Spike smiled broadly at her before he turned to start off down the trail. His first tour looked like it might turn out to be fun. “Let me start by saying, Buffy, this will be my first tour. Please be kind to me as well.”

Buffy was loving this. Hot guide, in tight little uniform shorts that hugged him just right, walking just a few feet in front of her, as they entered the woods alone. Her mind was racing with possibilities. “So, I guess that makes us both virgins!” Ohmigod! Did I just say that out loud? I am such a perv! “I mean, neither of us has done this before, I mean... Shit. You know what I mean. I didn’t mean to insinuate...”

Spike turned around to see Buffy’s face red with embarrassment. “I know what you meant, Buffy. It’s all good. Let’s just start the tour. The trail is lined with 100 year old...”

Buffy wasn’t listening to a word he was saying. He had taken off his sunglasses when he entered the shade of the trees and she just got her first look at his eyes. Beautiful blue that sparkled in the sunbeams that peeked through the trees. Guh. Those eyes instantly turned her to goo.

Spike was rambling on about trees and Indians and historical park crap, and all Buffy could do was fantasize about Ranger Spike nailing her against a tree. Spike had stopped walking and she ran into him, not paying attention, knocking him flat on the ground, with her lying on top of him. Way to go, perv! Lost in lusty thoughts and you ran right into him. Smooth, Buffy, smooth. Ohmigod, feel his tight hot body.

“Buffy, you ok?” he immediately asked, thinking she had tripped on something on the trail as she fell into him. His hands were on her body, wanting to explore more. Good Lord, man! Help her up, you perv!

Then it happened. Their mouths crushed onto each other’s passionately, as their hands clawed at each other’s clothes. Buffy moaned loudly as he kissed and nibbled down her neck. His hot mouth on her skin was working her into a frenzy.

Spike had envisioned this fantasy since the moment he got a look at Buffy walking towards him from the parking lot. She was beautiful, and playful, and oooh, she was now grinding her hot body against his on the trail. Was this really happening? Fuckin-A right it was! “My God, Buffy, you feel so good. Want to feel your skin...” He continued kissing her as he fought to get her clothes off.

She felt him tugging on her shirt, and was eager to help him. She quickly stripped all the clothes off her upper body and started unbuttoning his shirt. His hat had not fallen off but was getting ready to as he reached for it.

“Leave the hat on. I like it.”


Chapter End Notes:
Please review and let me know if you like and would like to see more in this series. I have many ideas floating around, but feel free to leave me a prompt as well! Thanks in advance! ~Kitten