“Ugh…stop moving.” Buffy swatted blindly at the mysterious bed mover as she fought off approaching wakefulness. She wrapped herself into the blankets deeper as she hid her head from the peeping sunlight coming in through the side window.

“Stop hitting me, you bloody bint!” Her bedmate growled lowly as he tugged her warm body closer to his own room temperature one. One hand idly stroked her bare tummy as the other tangled itself in her hair as he tugged her to face him.

“Oh my God! Spike what are you doing? Why are you…are you naked under there?” Buffy’s eyes widened as she took in the well-muscled alabaster chest of the purring vampire attempting to pull her closer. Something hard brushed her thigh and she clutched the sheets tighter to her as she sat bolt upright.

“Whass’at Slayer? ‘m cold, gimme back the sheets.” He tugged at the sheets she was currently using to cover her own naked predicament.

“Spike, y-you with the naked! What the hell are you doing in my bed? Hold on! This isn’t my room!” Buffy took a long look around the hotel room. It certainly looked like it had cost enough with the plush bedcovers and elaborate scrolling of the mirrors across from the bed. Her left hand came up to smack at her forehead when she saw the distinctive glint from a gold ring adorning her ring finger. Quickly risking a glance at the grumbling vampire she saw her worst nightmare come slowly to life- the matching ring to her own was on the left ring finger of the bleached blonde menace currently grappling for more cover. Glancing at the nightstand she found a simple piece of paper declaring her legally bound to the peroxide pest.

Sensing Buffy’s increased heart rate, Spike reluctantly turned over to take in her shell-shocked expression as she glanced in horror between her hand and his own. Looking down his own eyes bugged to match hers as he saw her dilemma.

“Bleeding buggering hell! ‘m married to the sodding Slayer! Undo it!” He gazed at her pleadingly.

“We so can not be married. I mean is it even possible for vampires to get married…and not the blood claim-y way either.”

“Ever ‘eard the expression ‘what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas’ pet?” He settled back against the headboard as he took in her exposed bronzed shoulders which led to thinking of other exposed parts hidden just beneath that flimsy sheet which led to thinking about what he could be doing at that very moment to said exposed parts.

“So that means we aren’t actually married and I can stake you now?” Buffy looked hopeful at the prospect before frowning at Spike’s own expression.

“Sorry luv but we’re hitched as legal as in any other state. ‘side you wouldn’t want to kill your husband, would you? Don’t think you’d do too well in prison luv. Orange doesn’t suit you well.” He smirked at her crestfallen appearance and briefly wondered if he could persuade her to drop the sheet a couple of inches…or off completely.

“Oh my god.”

Chapter 2:

Buffy tugged her sunlight-impaired husband off the plane and towards the nearest shady area before he could burst into flames.

“Aww luv, it’s almost as if you actually care about me.” He gave her a sickeningly sweet smile before draping his arm over her shoulders and leading her towards the front of the airport, careful to stay in the shadows.

“It takes longer to declare you dead, well dead-er, than to have this thing annulled you.” Buffy grumbled as she fought the urge to stake his annoying ass.

“Er pet, we’ve already consummated the deal. Don’t think you’ll be getting out of this one with a simple annulment.” He gave her another rugged smirk as he recalled said consummation that very morning.

“Somebody really wants me to suffer, don’t they? Hey! Maybe Willow can undo it since she was the one that did it in the first place. There has to be a clause against supernatural marriages.” Her shoulders drooped for a brief moment before she was slammed into the wall, the body of her lover holding her in place as he kissed her passionately.

“Why get divorced? Tell me you don’t love this, every minute of it. Tell me you don’t love the fact that itty-bitty grandma and grandpa are watching us with nostalgia in their eyes. You know what they’re thinking of, right luv? They’re thinking how nice it is to see such a cute, young couple in love. Tell me you don’t feel the passion between us.” He stroked the exposed skin where her tank didn’t quite meet up with her low-rise jeans as he continued to press kisses to the side of her neck.

“It’s wrong Spike, it’s so…fuck! Right there!” She leaned into him more before a disgruntled passenger pushed their way past the couple and out of the security area. “We should probably get going.”

“Right. Wouldn’t want to end this weekend with a night in the slammer.” He tugged her back under his shoulder as they continued on their trek to the front of the airport. “So are we alright pet? No running off to the lawyers?”

“I-I don’t know yet Spike. Two weeks ago we were trying to kill each other and now, well now we’re married and I don’t know what to do anymore.”

“Um…how did we get here?” Buffy glanced around briefly at the Los Angeles Airport before turning her attention back to the smirking vampire dangling a set of keys in front of her face.

“Don’t you remember Slayer? You begged me to take you to Vegas and make you an honorable woman so we took my baby to L.A and flew to Vegas.”

Several minutes and a couple of close calls with the sunlight, they made their way to the waiting black Desoto and were on the way back to Sunnydale.

“Oh my God…Riley! I told him I was getting married!”

“’n now you can tell soldier boy you are married and to bugger off!” Spike snuffed out his cigarette and took immense pleasure in imagining ripping off soldier boys head for even daring to talk to his girl, his slayer.