Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first ever fic post. Although I have other WIPs, I wanted to post this first as I feel it'll be finished first. Also, Willow and Tara never broke up, they just moved into their own place to work things out.
Buffy and Dawn were in the kitchen setting up some of the bowls of food that had been bought earlier in the day for the party while waiting on the rest of The Scoobies to turn up. Suddenly, Dawn brought up the topic of her day at school.

“There’s a new councilor at the school,” Dawn said. “I met her today during trig when I was called out of class to discuss my progress in school and at home.”

“Really, Dawnie?” Buffy asked and Dawn nodded. “Must be because we’ve been assigned a new social worker after Doris’ episode.”

“Which you caused,” Dawn reminded Buffy. “That was hilarious what you told us after that whole 'blinvisible period', as Xander calls it.”

“Yeah,” Buffy agreed looking out the window noticing the sun beginning to set. “It was fun but there were some even better points to that day…”

“Really?” Dawn enquired. “Like what?”

“When I went to see…” Buffy began but suddenly stopped. “Nuh-uh. You’re not getting that outta me, Dawn.”

“So, it’s one of those ‘Dawn’s too young’ moments,” Dawn said. “So it involved Spike? Is he coming tonight?”

“It’s none of your business,” Buffy said as the pink tinge that Spike said was adorable colored her cheeks. “And I’m not sure if he’s coming, I told him about it but, you know Spike…”

Dawn just nodded and turned towards the kitchen door. “I’m going for a shower then to get changed. I’ve unlocked the back door and stocked up on the little marshmallows for Spike if he does turn up.”

“Ok, sweetie,” Buffy said. “Don’t use up all the hot water; I’ve got to go for a shower, too.”

S***B

Spike was sitting in his crypt, staring at the coffee table with the two jewelry boxes on it. For some reason he was nervous about going anywhere near Revello Drive that night and it was not because of the blond spitfire that resided there. It was that stupid Whelp that had threatened him earlier. Why did he seem scared of going? Spike looked up as the door to his crypt opened.

“Hey, Spike,” Clem greeted with a friendly wave, resulting in the extra flaps of skin to slap together. “You look glum tonight. Up for a game of poker?”

“Nah,” Spike replied. “Got a prior engagement for tonight, but I don’t think I should go.”

“Why not?” Clem asked. “And what’s the prior engagement?”

“Stupid Whelp told me not to,” Spike mumbled in reply as he picked up the two boxes. “It’s Buffy’s birthday, she invited me to a little get together that the nibblet arranged. Said Dawn asked her to invite me, but I think she actually wanted me to go.”

“The Slayer’s birthday. Well go,” Clem said. “I know how crazy you are about her. Hear enough when you’re drunk. Plus, you just called her ‘Buffy’ not ‘The Slayer’ so go.”

“Thanks mate,” Spike said as he stood up and put the boxes in his duster pocket. “I’m off to get some ‘real’ beer to take with me and then I’m going to wish my girl a happy birthday. Whether her friends like it or not.”

S***B

Buffy was getting worried. She had been sitting in the kitchen for an hour now and there was still no sign of Spike. It was well after sunset and she was sure he would come. Even if it was just to yell at her for getting her hair cut.

“Hey, Buffster,” Xander said as he came into the kitchen. “We were wondering when you were going to come through so we can start the movie?”

“I told you I wanted to wait for a while,” Buffy said, not moving her gaze from the back door. “Spike isn’t here yet.”

“Told you not to expect him to come, Buff,” Xander said as he sat down beside Buffy. “He’s a vampire, you can’t trust him.”

“I told him Dawn wanted me to invite him,” Buffy said quietly. “He’ll do anything for Dawn so he WILL come.”

Xander just shook his head. “What did you say to him?” Buffy demanded of her male friend. “I know you, Alexander Harris and when you don’t like something, you will do anything to make it not happen.”

“I just had a word with him,” Xander conceded. “I saw him in the basement at The Magic Box today and I told him that if he turned up I would tell Anya about him stealing the supplies from the store.”

Buffy sighed at the behavior of her friend and shook her head. “You didn’t have to threaten him like that,” Buffy said. “Anya knows about Spike taking the supplies for his blood as I’ve told her. I pay her $30 a month to cover it, only Spike doesn’t know.”

“I’m sorry, Buffy,” Xander sighed. At least he had the decency to look ashamed. “I just got jealous. You were showing signs of liking another vampire and I just didn’t get why you couldn’t like a normal guy.”

“I’m the Slayer, Xander,” Buffy replied. “My life is anything but normal…”

Just then the back door opened and said vampire entered the kitchen. “Too right your life is anything but ordinary,” Spike said with a smirk. “Didn’t think I’d show, did you Whelp? Happy birthday, pet.”

“Thanks you, Spike,” Buffy said with a blush as Spike pressed a kiss to her forehead. “Xander, go tell everyone that Spike and I will be though in a minute. I need to discuss something with him first.”

Xander nodded and began to head though to the living room when he heard the clink of bottles. “Is that beer?” he asked and Spike nodded. “Ok if I have one?” Spike handed him one and pointed in the direction of the living room and Xander headed off again.

“So, kitten,” Spike said as he moved to wrap his arms around Buffy’s waist, surprised when she didn’t stop him. “What was it you wanted to talk to me about?”

“I want to tell everyone that we’re together,” Buffy said as she wrapped her arms around Spike’s neck. “I’m not ashamed of us. I just wanted something that was just mine for a while, but now that Willow and Tara have their own place I want you to move in with me and Dawn. We can be a family and give Dawn some stability.”

“Nibblet know about this?” Spike asked.

“No,” Buffy said with a smile. “But I overheard her ask Willow why she and Tara moved in with her last summer instead of you. So I think you won’t hear any complaints from her. So, what do you say?”

“I say we go face the music.”


Chapter End Notes:
Please review and tell me what you think as this is my first fic. I've got up to the end of chapter three written, so I'm not looking for any ideas until then. Thank you, bc1880