Author's Chapter Notes:
A massive thanks to my Beta Pixiecorn (Kelly) for taking the time to go over this chapter and for getting it back to me so fast, your the best hun.
Also a huge thanks to Edgehead for the awesome banner i love it so much!
Chapter 1

First Impressions


Elizabeth, or as she preferred to be called, Buffy, stood in line outside one of L.A’s hottest clubs, Caritas. She took one sideways glance at her closest friend, Cordelia and couldn’t help but feel completely out of place. She looked down at her own outfit, a slight frown marring her face.

Black leather pants and a skin tight red top weren’t her first choice in clothing, but Cordelia had insisted she wear them. She also wore black knee high boots that her pants covered.

Her hair was down and fell around her shoulders in soft golden waves framing her face. Buffy glanced at the bouncer at the front of the line, her brow creased as she looked back at Cordelia. She was dressed somewhat the same, only instead of wearing a red top she wore a blue one.

They were never going to get inside this club. Buffy sighed, the bouncer was going to know the second they handed over their ID’s, that they were fake.

The truth was that both Buffy and Cordy were high school students. A friend of Cordelia’s had made them fake Ids, after they’d paid him the money. Slimy weasel. Buffy crossed her arms over her chest.

Cordelia was practically bouncing up and down with excitement with each step they took. Buffy knew that she was going to be left alone at some stage tonight.

She sighed.

Boys!

They had come all this way to meet Cordy’s older boyfriend, Xander.

Only Buffy and a few of their other close friends knew about the relationship. Xander was Cordelia’s older brother, William’s, best friend. He had been since they were kids.

Buffy met Cordy’s eyes and smiled. She felt sorry for her friend, always having to sneak around. The reason why was simple.

William.

Buffy was glad she didn’t have an older brother, William sounded nuts. He was extremely overprotective of Cordy and in his eyes nobody was good enough for his kid sister.

Personally, Buffy just thought he sounded like a jerk and if she ever met, she smiled, she was going to give him a piece of her mind.

Cordy and her parents, Jenny and Rupert Giles, had moved from L.A to Sunnydale four years ago when Rupert or Giles, as he preferred to be called, was offered a position at the local high school as the librarian. Jenny had been offered a position as the computer science teacher once they had arrived.

Their older son, William had stayed behind with his Uncle Wesley and Aunt Fred to finish his last year of high school, before attending UCLA.

William had apparently always said that Cordelia was far too young to be dating, but that never stopped her.

Cordy and Xander had started dating a year ago a few weeks after Cordelia had just turned sixteen. Xander was twenty-one at the time and had tried to fight his feelings, knowing she was young. They fell in love and simply couldn’t fight it anymore. Both Xander and Cordelia agreed that they would tell William about their relationship but not until Cordy turned eighteen, which would be next year.

Buffy was the youngest in the group, only sixteen years old. She was five months younger than Cordy and most of their friends but in her mind she was much older. She’d had to grow up a lot faster than her friends.

Buffy’s father had abandoned both her and her mother, Joyce, two years ago leaving them with a mountain of debt. Joyce, who ran her own art gallery had to go back to work full time and unfortunately spent most of her time out of town on business trips. Buffy had been forced to grow up much faster than her mother would have liked.

They were only a few people away from the front door when Buffy felt Cordy grip her arm and let out a giggle. Buffy spared one more look at the bouncer and took a deep breath.

“Cordy, maybe this isn’t such a good idea.”

“Buffy, don’t get cold feet on me now, please.” Cordelia pouted. “I haven’t seen Xander in two months. Two whole months. This is the only weekend that both my parents and William are out of town,” her lip wobbled. “Please don’t bail on me.”

Buffy sighed, already giving in.

“Fine,” Buffy sighed. “Why do we have to meet here? Why not at the movies? Or y-you guys could go out to dinner? You know something…legal?” Buffy whispered harshly.

“Puh-lease,” Cordy flipped her hair across one shoulder. “Like I’m going to give up the chance to go to the hottest club in L.A,” she let out a scoff. “Not likely…Besides,” she met Buffy’s eyes and smiled. “How often do we get to come to L.A. for the weekend and leave boring old Sunnydale behind?”

Buffy rolled her eyes and nodded in agreement.

When Buffy had first met Cordy, she had instantly disliked her. Cordelia was, in Buffy’s eyes a snob but over time she’d gotten to know her and her views and opinions had changed. Watching the way Cordelia was with Xander was amazing. It was like she was a whole different person when he was around. She was one of the kindest, sweetest friends Buffy had but, every now and again the old Cordy would rear her ugly head.

Buffy laughed softly at the thought.

“Point taken.”

“Good, now just smile and don’t say a word.” Cordy whispered, as they moved towards the bouncer who simply smiled and let them pass, not even bothering to ask to see their I.D.

Buffy let out a sigh of relief.

“What did I tell you,” Cordy grinned, scanning the crowd for Xander. “No problem.” She was like a cheesier cat, grin spreading from ear to ear when she spotted him in the corner of the club, waving her over.

“Buffy, I’ll meet you at the bar.” Buffy nodded, shaking her head as she watched Cordy leap into Xander’s arms and prep his face with kisses.

Buffy usually didn’t drink. Alcohol and Buffy were very un-mix-y things, but she figured one wouldn’t hurt.

“What can I get for you?” the bartender asked, when she approached.

“Um… a vodka and orange juice, thanks.” He nodded and Buffy smiled, handing him the money.

She took a small sip and tried her hardest not to cringe when the liquor slightly burned her throat. She scrunched her nose and was about to turn and scan the club for Cordelia when she felt her mobile vibrate on her hip.

“It’s Cordy. Turns out my brother is still in town and actually in the club, so Xander and I are going to head off. I’ll see you in the morning… behave! And catch a cab back to the motel. NO walking!”

Buffy smiled down at the message, Cordy knew her so well. She let out a laugh and was thankful that they had chosen to get separate hotel rooms. The last thing Buffy wanted to do was walk in on Cordy and Xander making with the hot monkey love, especially since they hadn’t seen or touched each other in two months.

She took a deep breath and gulped down the remainder of her vodka and orange juice, deciding she’d call it a night. She didn’t know anyone here, and she had to get up early and drive back to Sunnydale if they hoped to be back before Jenny and Giles, and of course her mother, who was returning from a trip to New York.

She was still recovering from downing her drink when she slid off her stool and turned to leave. Her shoe got caught on the bar stool which sent her falling into the chest of a very gorgeous man.

“Hello, cutie.” He said, smirking.

Buffy almost melted, he had an accent. Her heart skipped a beat as she took in his appearance. Platinum blond hair, black leather duster, black nail polish and well defined cheek bones. “Oh God! What a hunk!”

“Leaving so soon?” He asked, smiling again.


Buffy said nothing, she couldn’t form words, her only response was to smile in return and take his offered hand. He helped her back up onto the stood and sat down opposite her, his blue cerulean eyes never leaving her green ones.


It was turning out to be a great night.


Chapter End Notes:
So this is a new fic so let me know what you think, should i continue?? do you like or not?? :) let me know.