Author's Chapter Notes:
Buffy & Spike are forced to say goodbye again.

A huge thanks to my beta All4spike i know you don't normally do AH so i really appreciate you doing the chapter for me *hugs* Also a huge thanks to Mel (Edgehead) for the awesome banner : )
Chapter 22

Welcome to the wedding of Cordelia & Xander

The wedding had gone off without a hitch. Cordy and Xander had eagerly said “I do” in front of their friends and family. Jenny and Giles had been doting on young Dawn since the moment they were informed she was their granddaughter.

Not wanting to steal the spotlight, Buffy and Spike had decided to keep their new relationship a secret, just ‘til the wedding was over. Buffy had made arrangements to move both herself and Dawn back to Sunnydale. She had wanted to get her own place but Spike refused to let her, saying that both she and Dawn belonged with him. She had been so excited to hear it.

Buffy had been thrilled when her mother had happily given her the job of assistant manager at the gallery, signing her on as a partner..

Even though Spike didn’t want her to, Buffy knew she had to return to L.A. to pack and take care of a few things. Spike had offered to keep Dawn with him so she had her hands free to get everything done faster, but Buffy just couldn’t bring herself to part with Dawn. She knew she would go mad if Dawn was in Sunnydale and she was in L.A.

Spike, of course, had been hurt at first, thinking Buffy didn’t trust him alone with Dawn, but when she explained it wasn’t about leaving her with him it was about her leaving Dawn, he quickly understood.

“Hello sweetheart.” Smiling, Buffy turned at the sound of her father’s voice . He admired her red bridesmaids dress. “You look beautiful.”

“Thanks, but Dad, what are you doing here?” she asked, hugging him.

“Your mother invited me,” he informed her, wrapping his arm around Joyce who smiled sheepishly.

“Mom, what’s going on?”

“Your father and I have decided to give our relationship another go.”

“What?” she gasped, surprised but happy. “I thought you said that would never happen?”

“Well that’s how I felt at the time but that was many years ago and your father has changed so much,” she explained. “We’re taking things slowly.”

“That’s wonderful, I’m so happy for both of you,” Buffy replied, hugging them both close.

“Buffy could I have a word?” Spike asked, stepping up behind her.

“Uh sure, excuse me,” she said to her parents before following Spike into one of the back rooms. She had barely got the door closed before Spike slammed her against it, smashing his lips down onto hers.

Pushing her dress up, he lifted her, carrying her over to the bed and laying her down gently, never breaking the kiss. Finally, he pulled back and looked at her in awe.

“You look stunning tonight pet. I can’t keep my hands to myself any longer,” he whispered in her ear before kissing down her neck. His hand was rising up her dress but when the door swung open to reveal Cordy and Xander standing there, Spike’s hand suddenly halted.

“Well it’s about god damn time!” Cordy sighed happily.

“Cordy!” Buffy gasped. “ It’s not what it looks like!” Buffy didn’t know why she was trying to defend the situation, Cordy had wanted them together for years. Getting caught in a back room at their wedding reception, however, left her with a need to explain.

“No? So you two weren’t about to have sex at my wedding reception?”

Buffy’s mouth opened and closed as she tried to think of a way to respond, but she came up empty. Spike couldn’t help but laugh softly at the look on Buffy’s face, she swung back, slapping his arm playfully.

“I’m so happy for you guys, this is great,” Cordy said, smiling and making it clear she wasn’t upset. “As long as my idiot brother doesn’t intend to ruin it again, we’re fine.”

“Oi! Not an idiot!” Spike said, shaking his head.

“Yeah okay.” Cordy laughed. “It’s so romantic. You guys meet, fall in love then meet again only for it to fall apart ‘cause my brother’s an idiot,” Cordy said pointedly. “Then you meet again four years later, only to discover you have a daughter and realize you’re still mad about each other.” Cordy sighed dreamily.

“Come on, my wife.” Xander laughed softly and grabbed her arm. “Let’s give them some privacy.” He dragged her out of the door.

“Okay, but we’re cutting the cake soon,” Cordy yelled as Xander shut the door.

Buffy and Spike both giggled at Cordy. Standing from the bed, Buffy straightened her dress.

“We’d better get back out there,” she informed Spike, but when he moved past her and locked the door, she couldn’t help the smile that formed.

“Not so fast, pet. We came in here for a reason,” he replied, moving towards her.

“Spike we can’t, they’re waiting for us.”

“We can be quick.”

“Now that’s romantic,” she laughed softly.

“Fine, we’ll be slow,” he replied. Sweeping her up into his arms, he threw them both back down onto the bed. Buffy couldn’t help the giggle that escaped her lips.

Almost an hour later

Buffy and Spike emerged from the back room straightening their clothes and hoping no one noticed them returning together. Spike moved to sit next to Xander as Buffy took her seat next to Cordy, trying to act normal.

“I can’t believe you guys finished,” Cordy said shaking her head at Buffy.

“We were just talking,” Buffy lied.

“Uh huh, you big fat liar.” They both laughed.

After Cordy and Xander cut the cake, everyone had spent the night drinking, dancing and laughing enjoying the night together.

After seeing Cordy and Xander off at the airport, Buffy and Spike had returned to the Summer’s house so she could pack the car and head back to L.A. Now they stood next to her car preparing to say goodbye.

“I feel like I’m losing you again, both of you,” Spike explained, stroking Dawn’s soft brown hair.

“You’re not losing us, we’ll be back in four weeks, I promise.” Spike nodded sadly. “Do you think I’m not going to come back?”

“I’m scared luv, that’s all.”

“You have nothing to be scared of. I love you and I promise we are coming back. I have to.”

“Why?” he asked, fishing for reassurance.

“Well firstly and most importantly, I love you and couldn’t stand to stay away from you now, and secondly, mom told me last night that she is moving to L.A for a while to see how she and dad work out and I have sole responsibility for the gallery.”

Spike smiled brightly. “That’s wonderful pet, and I love you too,” he replied, picking up Dawn. “Both of you.”

Dawn smiled, hugging him close. “I love you too, daddy.” Spike felt his heart soar at her words, it was the first time she had ever called him dad. Buffy couldn’t wipe the smile off her face.

Spike put Dawn into her booster seat, making sure she was buckled in properly before kissing her forehead. “I’ll see you soon sweetheart,” he promised before closing the door and looking at Buffy.

“I love you so much pet.” He hugged her close. “Don’t be away too long,” he begged, leaning back to kiss her passionately.

As they pulled apart, Buffy smiled. “I love you too, and I promise to come back soon,” she replied, slipping from his grasp and getting into the driver’s seat. Leaning through the open window, they kissed one last time before Buffy pulled away from the curb, leaving Spike behind wishing the four weeks was already over with.


Chapter End Notes:
I know its been a little while but i have had a few problems but hopefully all over now, hope you enjoy!