Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you all enjoy!
Buffy carefully descended the stairs adorned in her period garb. Seizing the railing with a steady grip, she felt some uneasiness, due to the fact she was unable to see the steps beneath her feet. After several steps Buffy lifted her gaze from the hidden stairs, to the door, as she moved with a newfound confidence and grace. Once her eyes lifted, the pointed toe of her shod foot caught the hem of her dress. The combination of Slayer strength and her forward motion, created a ten-inch separation that spanned from one rib to another. The multitude of layers in the skirt, pulled away from the bodice.

Instinctually, to stop her from tumbling down the stairs, Buffy clutched the railing with her other hand. With equal parts awkwardness and clumsiness, she plunked herself upon the steps that were located behind her inelegant form. Tears streamed down her now flushed cheeks. Upon the commotion, Willow ran from Buffy’s bedroom. Beholding her fallen friend, Willow asked with concern,

“What happened?”

"Another failed attempt of me trying to be a normal girl! That's what happened!" Buffy sobbed.

As Willow descended the stairs, a loud thumping sounded from the front door.

“Buffy…Willow, what happened? I’m coming in!” Xander yelled from behind the wooden barrier.

“Xander, hold on!” Willow instructed him. Willow proceeded to address, in a calm tone, her visibly upset friend. “Buffy, let’s get you off the steps. We’ll take a look when we get into your bedroom, ok?”

After her soothing words, Willow aided Buffy, as she called out to Xander,

“Xander count to fifty then let yourself in. We’ll be down in a few. Buffy’s had a slight wardrobe malfunction. No biggie.”

Once they were within the sanctuary of Buffy’s room, Willow approached her teary counterpart and evaluated the damages. After several moments, Buffy inquired,

“Well, do you think we can fix it?”

“You tore it clean through. It would take a lot of sewing Buffy, a type of sewing that would take longer than we have to get to Snyder’s voluntary trick or treating festivities ASAP. We don’t have enough time. I’m sorry,” Willow explained with sadness lacing her words.

“Can’t we use pins, glue…staples? Anything?” Buffy implored.

"Sorry. You'll have to go as something else," Willow stated, with a look of regret.

“I can’t Will! This was for Angel! I just can’t!” Buffy exclaimed with renewed salty tears.

“Buffy, I know that this was for him, but you have no choice. I would like to spend some time with you in the next, say two years, and I won’t be able to if Snyder has you in detention from now until graduation!” Willow defended with a huff.

“You’re right. Ok, what to be? What to be?” Buffy asked as she ungracefully flopped down upon her bed.

“You…you can wear this,” Willow stuttered as she pulled on her short leather skirt. Her actions were a half-hearted attempt to hint to Buffy what she truly meant.

“What? No, that’s your costume Will! Remember, sexiness for Xander?” Buffy exclaimed.

“Buffy, honestly I was just going to cover this with my ghost costume anyway. Really, like I said before, sexy for me equals spaz. You wear it. Oh…I know what you can be! A vampire! Like you said, tonight is for going as you aren’t!”

“Well, I don’t know.” With Willow’s ‘resolve face’ in place, Buffy finally agreed. “Fine, the Mistress of the Dark is I. Are you sure you don’t mind giving me the clothes, literally off your back?” Buffy inquired.

“No, like I said, I was going to ghostify it anyway. Let’s get going! Only…ten minutes left!” Willow announced as with a flurry of motions, each girl removed their clothing.
Quickly, re-doing her hair and makeup, Buffy proceeded to change into Willow’s outfit; an upper thigh-length black leather mini-skirt and a cherry, red long sleeved mid-drift shirt. This risqué top, not only showed off her toned abdomen, but an ample amount of cleavage as well. Buffy continued to add her own black fishnet stockings and black, shin-high Doc Martens to complete the outfit. As she gazed at her reflection in her full-length mirror, Willow stood behind her with a huge smile, gracing her full rose-stained lips.

Buffy’s golden hair was amply filled with waves that were slightly teased to add to the fullness. Severe dark slate-gray shadow donned her lids accompanied with a heavy coat of midnight black mascara upon her upper lashes. This combination framed her green eyes. Her full lips were covered with a shiny red, cherry flavored gloss. As she stepped away from her reflection, she commented.

“Okay…vampified! The only problem is. How do I look more grrrrr?” To demonstrate her meaning, Buffy placed two fingers on both sides of her mouth to symbolize fangs.
“Oh, I got it!” Willow began to rummage through her backpack. After several moments, she held up a pair of fake fangs in triumph.

“Xander bought these with his gun at Ethan’s yesterday. Gag gift for Giles. These will work perfectly!” Willow bounced on the balls of her feet with excitement.

“Cool, let’s jet. Don’t want to spend the next two years in Hades with Principal Snyder!” With that, Willow placed her ghost costume on, and they exited her room. In the foyer, Xander paced back and forth as he awaited the girls' arrival. Once he became aware of the two girls, he commented.

“Well, it’s about time! There are tons of candies waiting for my tummy! What took you guys so…” Xander’s voice drifted off as he viewed Buffy in her ‘costume’.

His mouth hung agape, like a fish on a line, as Buffy descended the stairs. Quickly, to conceal his stunned reaction, he mocked a cough, as he turned immediately to open the door behind them. To the ladies, this appeared to be a chivalrous gesture. Xander had ulterior motives; the heavy wooden door was required to shield the growing erection housed within his camouflage pants, which was caused by his wet dream come true.

As the trio walked towards the high school, Xander’s eyes were fixed upon Buffy. First he tried to walk behind her. His traitorous mind thought, “Ass hot, definitely no good for erection minimization.” Next, he had chosen to remain alongside her form. His disloyal gaze wandered to her cleavage. “Again no good. Well, undeniably of the good, just not completely helpful!” Xander thought to himself.

Once the trio arrived, each was to man a small group of eight children, for the Trick or Treat festivities. The green-eyed monster flared slightly within Xander’s mind, as his jealously for the ‘little ankle biters’ that would spend the night with Buffy. After a heavy sigh, he sluggishly walked over to his midget flock.

The evening proceeded without incident, which was a refreshing change. For once, since being called as the Slayer, she could walk around at night, without the responsibility that it was required of her to slay some Big Bad. Prior to this voluntary outing this evening, Giles had informed her that the ‘baddies’ actually appeared to take Halloween off. For reassurance, in case Giles was wrong, Buffy tucked Mr. Pointy within the confines of her boot.

As the evening came to a close, Buffy’s Trick or Treaters begged for a few more houses. Upon their high-pitched pleas, accompanied with numerous stretched out ‘pleases’, Buffy relented and ushered them towards the next house. As the group gathered upon the walkway, a wave of mystical energy blazed forward and stunned several members of the group, including Buffy. The sheer force from this overwhelming power knocked her upon one knee, head bowed.

Brief moments passed, as she attempted to attain her bearings. Leisurely, Buffy perused her surroundings. Instantly, her five senses intensified, as each was perspicacious to her environment.

Her vision was exceptionally clear. The world encasing her appeared, as it was mid-day, with the bright rays of the sun illuminating all within its path. Not the middle of the evening, moon partially hidden by the clouds. With a slight shift of her head, Buffy could hear two streets over, a child crying over not getting the same candy his brother did.

All at once, her three remaining senses; smell, taste and touch, converged and filled her mind. With a deep inhale, she could smell and almost taste the blood, which pulsed under the delicate skin of the children nearby. As she breathed deeper, she was struck by a scent. Pervading her completely was the overwhelming essence of a vampire. Upon further thought it was determined it was not just a mere vampire, more specifically the heady irresistible scent of a master vampire. Fueled by her irresistible desire, she leapt from upon her knee and sprinted towards the direction of his trail. All the while her mind chanted.

'Must find my mate…must find my mate…'



Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to Sanityfair and DreamScape 99