Author's Chapter Notes:
This is for my loyal readers/reviewers,
Tammy, cordykitten, photographynut, MidnightGirl, guest, PaganBaby and Andy
you're the reason I write!! Thanks
Wilson’s Mountain Diner Part 3 Christmas and Beyond…


For Tammy, cordykitten, photographynut, MidnightGirl, PaganBaby, guest and Andy


Chapter 1 Scandal!!

“Cut, that’s a wrap everybody – we can all go home now!” Warren said. Everybody quickly left the hospital room studio and made for their cars, calling out ‘Happy Christmas’ to each other.

They had all been invited to a huge party at Joany’s house on the 26th of December, and they were all looking forward to it, as Joany threw great parties, but that was a good week away yet, and then they had a another week to get over it! On the times the soap should have been shown, the TV Company were putting on a big Christmas interactive talent show the first week, and the second week, they were going to show the ones who made it through.

“I’m bushed; shall we get a take-away tonight?” Spike asked.

“Fine by me – then I want a nice soak in the bath…” They both got into Buffy’s car and drove off the lot.

“Let’s pick it up rather than phoning for it, so instead of turning for home, carry on ‘til the next interstate exit, then we can go to the Golden Pagoda” Spike said.

“Ooh yeah…I love their BBQ spare ribs, nice and meaty!” Buffy said

“Usual – or something different?” Spike asked as Buffy pulled up outside the shop.

“Erm…oh I know what I’ll have, it was really nice last time, crispy lemon chicken, stir-fry Chinese vegetables, and some soft noodles – and the BBQ ribs”

“Okies, and I’ll have beef in black bean sauce, I’ll share your veg and noodles, and get some shrimp spring rolls, some egg fried rice, and…some of those pork, spring onion and ginger money bags, what we leave we can have tomorrow”

“Well in that case, get two portions of the veg, and some crispy duck with pancakes and dipping sauce, I’ve got Willow coming around while you’re out shopping” Buffy said. Spike nodded and went into the shop.

Twenty minutes later her came out with two brown carrier sacks and got back into the car. You could smell the star anise from the five spice powder and it was making them both feel extra hungry.

________________________


When they got indoors, Spike busied himself with getting plates and cutlery, while Buffy opened a bottle of wine and switched on the TV. Spike put everything on a tray and took it into the lounge.

He came into the lounge and noticed his father was on TV, running a gauntlet of paparazzi. It looked like they’d been waiting for him to come out of the theatre, where he ducked into a waiting taxi, with the photographers jostling each other to get his picture.

“Buffy, look, turn this up” Buffy looked and quickly grabbed the remote control and turned up the volume.

The screen went back to the news-reader and onto a new story.

“Damn, I wonder what that was all about?” Spike put the food tray down on the table, and automatically reached for his mobile phone in his back pocket

“Oh shit, I never checked my messages earlier, my phone’s been switched off all day…” All the time he was saying this he searched for his father’s number in the number menu, pressed and it began to ring.

“How many messages?” Buffy asked

“Nine – I don’t know what time they started – hold on, dad’s answered – dad? Sorry, I only just switched on my phone, we had an extra long day today filming, so what’s going on, I saw you on TV just trying to get away from the pap………………who? – No I don’t think so, anyway, what about her?.............I see, no I didn’t get to see a paper this morning………(Spike sat on the arm of the sofa) and is it true? What do you mean, you don’t know – well alright then, could it be a possibility? – It could, oh…………Yes, I do think we should meet – when? – No tomorrow’s fine…okay around lunch time, are you staying at the Waldorf? What’s your room number? Okay then, bye dad, yeah bye” Spike switched off his mobile and sat down properly on the sofa.

Buffy started to open the boxes of food. She didn’t like to ask what was going on, and knew that Spike would volunteer the information if he thought it right she should know. She started forking food onto plates.

“Want a couple of ribs?”

“Erm…just leave them in the box for me love – I suddenly don’t feel very hungry”

______________________


“No, I don’t believe it, not that nice man, he’s so nice, and not with her, I refuse to believe it! Buffy would know, you could phone and ask her tomorrow, she’s bound to know isn’t she?” Bernice Rosenberg said to her daughter.

“Mom! I can’t go around asking questions like that!” Willow said shocked at her mother should even ask her!

“Course you can, she’s your friend–“

“And Spike is ours, you will not ask her bubeleh, he will tell you if he wants” Ira said to his daughter.

Bernice opened her mouth to speak, but Ira fixed her with a look so she thought better of it and stayed silent.

______________


“I don’t believe it, it’s just some little tramp trying to get her name in the paper!” Joany closed the newspaper and threw it down with disgust on the coffee table.

“She doesn’t look like a tramp…who knows, maybe it is true, maybe it isn’t. Another drink love?”

Joany passed her husband her glass, saying,

“You can freshen this up for me – no more ice though” passing him her vodka and tonic

________________


Spike was up early – considering they didn’t have to work Buffy was surprised when she woke, looked at the clock (it was 7.20am) and said to Spike,

“Oh – the luxury of a lie-in, it’s great not having to- oh” She looked over her shoulder, but the bed was empty. It was then she smelt toast and coffee.

After twenty minutes of lying in bed waiting for him to come back with breakfast, Buffy got up and slipped her dressing robe on and went downstairs. There she saw Spike sitting at the breakfast counter looking ‘miles away’. The coffee jug was full, and there was a half eaten piece of toast in front of him.

“Baby…is everything alright?”

“Hmm – what – sorry love. Did I disturb you?”

“No, you’re being quiet as a mouse, I just woke alone, then when I smelt the coffee and toast, I thought you were making breakfast”

“I was”

“To bring back to bed I mean, so I lay there a while”

“Sorry, are you – “ he made to get up and make her something to eat.

“Sit down, I’m not hungry” Buffy said sitting opposite him

“No…me neither – “(he pushed the plate with the half eaten toast away from him)

“So, can I ask what’s wrong, is this to do with your dad?”

Spike heaved a big sigh and nodded.

“He’s been a right fucking – oh gods what was he thinking!”

Buffy stayed silent

“What time are you meeting him today?”

“I said lunchtime, but I’m going to phone him, I want to get things sorted as soon as possible”

“How…I mean is it something bad? – Could it involve court?”

“Yup, it could mean court, it could mean me loosing my inheritance, money, house the lot – Carrisbrooke all that dad’s worked for – it could all be gone in the twinkling of an eye, all because of some stupid – fuck! FUCK I COULD KILL HIM!”

Spike’s shouting made Buffy jump. She could see him holding the coffee mug in his hand like he wanted to launch it to the wall, smashing it, but Spike controlled his anger and put the mug down.

“I’m sorry love – you haven’t got a clue as to what’s gone on have you – I wasn’t shouting at you then, I was-“

“Hey – I know baby, come on, come here” Buffy went to him and cuddled him up, then she held his face gently and made him look at her and she said,

“You know, no matter what, I’ll always be here for you, okay, you understand? No matter how black a situation seems, this here with me will always be a safe haven for you, I promise”

Spike looked at her, and nodded – it also doubled his resolve that the news he was going to tell his father was more important than anything his father could tell him.

“I know baby – I love you – god Buffy I love you SO much!”

Buffy closed her eyes and gave him a big hug and said,

“And I love you too, very, very much, never forget that”

Spike smiled and kissed her.

“I promise, when I get back later – I’ll explain everything, okay, you see, I had some plans, and I just don’t want this thing with dad to ruin everything, that’s why I’m so mad with him”

“Tell me later – it’s bang on eight o’clock now, you phone your dad. I’ll tidy up, and drop you off in town, there’s some shopping I want to do and I don’t want to leave it to the last minute”

“How about, if we meet for lunch?” Spike said

“At your dad’s hotel?”

“Oh god no, the way I feel at the moment, he’d end up wearing not eating it…” Spike said rubbing his mouth thoughtfully.


“Where then – look, how about if I just meet you in the food court in the mall, we can take it from there”

“Okay – which mall?”

“Grand Parade – top floor take the bullet lift to floor 5 it opens in the centre of the food court at the back. I’ll sit on one of the stools by the fountain”