Author's Chapter Notes:
Buffy gets some shocking news.

A huge thanks to my lovely beta All4spike for getting this chapter back to me so fast!. Also a big thanks to Pixiecorn for the awesome banner.
Chapter 14

What goes up always comes crashing down

One month later

Buffy sighed contently, feeling Spike’s strong arms wrapped around her protectively as they lay in bed together after one of their many heated encounters since that first night together..

Buffy had never felt so happy. Things were going great between them. Spike would patrol with her every second night and they would spend her night off curled up together at her house watching a movie. The night always ended with them making love in various places in her house.

They hadn’t told anyone about their new relationship. It wasn’t that they were hiding it from them, it was simply that it had never come up and a part of Buffy wanted to keep it between them for a while. She was enjoying their closeness without anyone else’s opinions or probing questions.

She knew they had to get out of bed and head out. The sun was almost down and Buffy had promised to watch over Dawn for Faith.

Faith had gotten a job at the Doublemeat Palace. Personally, Buffy couldn’t think of a worse place in Sunnydale to work. Buffy had offered to help Faith out financially but Faith had refused, saying she needed to learn to do things alone.

With Willow, Tara and Giles on a magic retreat and Xander and Anya both working, it only left Buffy and Spike. Spike offered to patrol for Faith, and Buffy would still get her night off and get to spend time with Dawn, which Spike knew Buffy wanted to do.

Faith had put slight restrictions on the amount of time Buffy and Dawn got to spend together. There was always some reason why Dawn couldn’t spend time with Buffy; she has homework, housework, something-work to be done. Spike knew Faith was doing it to be hurtful because Dawn was spending more and more time alone, even though both Buffy and Spike had offered to help out with Dawn duties. He just hoped Faith snapped out of it soon.

Buffy couldn’t help the smile that crept up onto her face at the feel of Spike’s hardening member pushing against her backside as he moaned into her neck.

“We can’t,” she sighed, feeling wetness already pooling between her thighs. “I have to be at Faith’s in half an hour.”

“Plenty of time,” he groaned when he felt his cock slip between her wet folds, manoeuvring himself so he brushed across her clit and causing her to moan loudly. “You know you want to pet, you’re so wet for me. Now let Spike in.”

She couldn’t stop herself from opening her legs, granting him better access. She gasped when she felt his cock slip inside her easily, stretching her so perfectly.

He started to thrust into her slowly, enjoying the feel of being inside her. He could have her every day for a lifetime and it would never be enough. He knew that one day he might lose her and it scared him to death. Pushing that thought aside, he tried to focus on being with her right now, this moment.

Buffy could feel the familiar burn starting to build in the pit of her stomach but she needed more. Moving her hand without thinking, she slid it down between her legs rubbing her clit gently, causing her to moan.

“That’s it, pet. Touch that sweet little pussy,” he groaned in her ear, feeling himself getting closer and closer to the edge at the thought of her touching herself.

Buffy moaned, arching her back; his words brought her to the edge as she spiralled out of control.

“Oh god, Spike,” she wailed out in her release.

Spike pumped into her more forcefully. Feeling her pussy spasm and clench around him like a vice and coating his cock with her juices, he quickly fell over the edge, coating her womb with his cold seed.

“God Buffy,” he moaned, kissing her sweaty neck lovingly. “Love you so much pet.”

“I love you too,” she sighed contently, whimpering when he slipped from her heat. Rolling over, she kissed him hard before pulling back.

“I’m going to have a quick shower,” she informed him, slipping from under the covers.

“I’ll join you,” he said, attempting to stand, but she quickly stopped him.

“Oh no you won’t.” She laughed softly when he pouted. “If we get into that shower together the last thing we will be doing is showering and we have to get going.” Kissing him one last time, she headed into the shower leaving a disappointed Spike behind.

Buffy was ready to kill Dawn. She had been babysitting her for the past five hours and the whole five hours she had been pumping Buffy about her and Spike.

“Come on, Buffy. I’m not blind or stupid, I see the way you guys having been looking at each other, so spill already,” Dawn nagged.

“Dawn...” Buffy started, but Dawn cut her off again.

“If you tell me, I’ll stop nagging.” She promised, “I swear I won’t tell anyone, not even Faith. Please, please Buffy,” she begged, bouncing around in her seat.

“Fine, but only if you promise to stop nagging at me,” Buffy caved.

“I promise,” she replied bouncing around excitedly.

Buffy laughed softly at her enthusiasm, neither noticing Faith’s return. “Spike and I have been dating for about a month now.”

“Oh my god!” Dawn squealed. “Tell me everything. Is he a good kisser? I bet he is a good kisser.... wait… have you guys, you know... done it?”

“Dawn!” Buffy laughed, surprised at her questions. “I’m not telling you that!”

“Oh come on Buffy,” she pouted. “I’m way too young to be having sex myself so I need all the juicy goss from you guys.... ppplease!”

“Oh fine, yes he is a good kisser, very good actually.” Buffy giggled almost feeling like she was back in high school “As for the other thing... yes we have.”

“OH MY GOD!” Dawn squealed again, jumping up from her seat and squealing so loud Buffy though her eardrums might pop.

“Ssshhhh,” Buffy quietened her, forcing her to sit back down.

“Sorry,” Dawn giggled. “Wow! How was it? I mean was it good? I bet it was amazing cause you know I’ve seen how well Spike fills out his jeans and wow,” Dawn babbled.

“Dawn,” Buffy laughed at the over excited teen. “Yes it was amazing, he is amazing... He told me he is in love with me,” Buffy sighed happily.

“Wow!” Dawn sighed dreamily.

Faith couldn’t stand to hear anymore. She could feel rage burning deep inside her, seeping into every core. They where dating, sleeping together? And only a month after she herself had slept with Spike? And he had told Buffy he was in love with her? Faith felt jealousy consume her; even before Faith had died, Spike had never said he was in love with her, just that he had feelings for her, what made Buffy so special?.

“This isn’t exactly an appropriate story for my kid sister,” Faith snapped, both girls standing from the lounge to face her.

“Faith.” Buffy cringed inwardly. It looked as if the cat was out of the bag.

“Don’t be mad with Buffy, I’ve been nagging her all night,” Dawn explained.

“Dawn, go have a shower and go to bed. You have school in the morning,” Faith ordered.

“Okay, night Buffy,” Dawn sighed, giving Buffy a quick hug before heading upstairs and leaving the two slayers alone.

“I’m sorry about that. I shouldn’t have told Dawn all that but I’m sure you know better than anyone that you can only take so much Dawn nagging before you cave.” Buffy laughed softly trying to keep things light, moving past Faith grabbing her jacket and preparing to leave.

“So you and Spike huh?” Faith inquired, turning to face her.

“Yeah,” Buffy replied, slipping her jacket on.

“Why didn’t you guys tell anyone?” Buffy could hear the icy tone of Faith’s voice.

“We weren’t keeping it a secret or anything, it just never came up,” she tried to explain.

“Well seems to me like he is working his way around the group. Next thing you know, he will be trying to sleep with Anya,” Faith spat.

“Excuse me?” Buffy asked, stunned by her cruel tone.

“What, he didn’t tell you? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, he is evil after all.”

“Spike is not evil and I’ll ask you nicely to keep your opinions to yourself,” Buffy snapped, turning and opening the door.

“No? Then what would you call it when he fucks one slayer and then moves on to the next?”

Buffy stopped, frozen, feeling her blood run cold at Faith’s admission. “What?” she asked, turning to face her.

“Spike and I were together only two months ago,” Faith informed her, crossing her arms across her chest. “I believe it was the night he was meant to meet you for movies and Chinese food.”

“You told me the next morning you hadn’t seen him,” Buffy replied hoping, praying it was all lies.

“True. I guess I should have told you then, I just didn’t see the game he was playing.”

“Game?” Buffy whispered, feeling sick to her stomach.

“Well turns out he has a thing for slayers. He can’t kill them anymore so he keeps to bedding them now,” Faith said, moving closer to Buffy. “Did he play the sensitive guy card and get you to seduce him? Or the I love you card like he did with me?”

Buffy looked down hurt. Had Spike told Faith he loved her? Was it all just a cruel game to get her into bed? She felt physically ill at the thought.

Faith wanted to stop. She was being cruel and was starting to lie too. Spike had never claimed to love her and never said anything about having feelings for her the night they slept together, but it was as if she was possessed and couldn’t stop herself.

“Don’t feel bad Buffy, I fell for it too.” Faith turned, heading for the stairs. “I guess one too many blows to the head left us both a little thick. Good night.”

She disappeared upstairs and it wasn’t until she heard the bedroom door close that Buffy slid down the door as sobs racked through her body.


Chapter End Notes:
Things are starting to get a little angsty from hear, i'm sorry : ) but i hope you all enjoy, let me know!