Disclaimer: So here’s how it goes. I went up to my friend Joss Whendon the other day, when they were secretly shooting another show, and asked him if I could borrow James Marsters so I could play with him for a little while and he said I will do no such thing. So I left and came back the next day and asked him again if I could have James Martsers to do anything I like with, and he said no. So when I left and came back the next day and asked him the same question again he said, “The only way I’ll let you have James Marsters, ESPICALLY JAMES MARSTERS is if we start world war 3. So I left and came back the next day, this time with a paper in my hand. When I reached where Joss was with the whole cast they were eating their lunch wondering why I’ve been coming by so much, when I walked straight over to Joss and handed them the paper that I had been holding in my hands. “What’s this?” He asked. “Oh nothing much” I said, “Just sign on the dotted line. It simply states that you have agreed to start world war 3 in exchange for James Marsters.” He finally gave up and told James to get up and take the rest of the week off and he’d give him a 15 million dollar raise. So naturally James got up and left, not one to pass up such an opportunity. So we had the best week of our lives, but then I had to give him back. The day after James returned to work I showed up to talk to Joss once again and the cast was their eating lunches. “See joss,” I said to him, “It wasn’t that bad giving me what I wanted now was it?” I laughed a he rolled his eyes at me. “Oh and by the way,” I said, just as I was about to leave the room and head back to my car, “I’ll be back with plans for world war 3 tomorrow.” “SOME ONE ESCORT THAT WOMAN FROM THE BUILDING AND MAKE SURE SHE NEVER COMES BACK!!!!!!” (P.S. I also don’t own any of the other Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel the Series Characters.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn Summers kissed her date, Ricky, on the cheek before walking up the steps to her house and locking the door behind her. As she started heading up to her room, she heard a muffled crying noise, seemingly coming from her sister’s bedroom. Dawn ran up the rest of the steps and banged softly on the door to her sisters room when she reached it.

“Buffy?” Dawn hollered though the door. When more crying was her only response, Dawn knocked again. “Buffy? Are you in there? Are you ok? BUFFY!!”

This time she heard a faint, “Dawn?” Sounding from the other side of the wooden door.

Dawn breathed a sigh of relief. “Buffy? Can I come in?” Without waiting for an answer, she turned the doorknob to find that it was unlocked, which she was also grateful for.

What Dawn saw on the other side of the door made her want to ball hers eyes out with just one glance. There, lying on her side of the little bed was Buffy. Her knees curled up into the fetal position, her arms around her knees.

Dawn immediately ran over to her sister and sat at the end of the bed. Once she was seated, she worked on getting Buffy up as well, pulling her hands from underneath her kneecaps, and then tugging at them gently but firmly to get her to sit up with her, one knee still bent and under her bottom.

It was a full moon out tonight and the light from the moon cast an over glow on Buffy’s shadowed features. Her eyes puffy from crying, and her skin was almost clammy. Her left cheek was red from where she had rubbed it against her pillow harshly, and her hair felt like she had poured a bucket of grease on it from all the sweat that had dried up into it. Her eyes were also rimmed red and bloodshot from all her crying.

Dawn took one strand of sweat-induced hair and pushed it behind her ear gently, trying to sooth her older sister. “Buffy, what happened?”

“He did it again.” Was all she said, her voice rough from the crying.

Dawn didn’t need to ask what she was talking about. Come to think of it, she considered herself a fool for even having to ask what was wrong with her sister. There was only one thing that could put Buffy in this state of distress. Only one person. Only one thing that said person did. Spike had gotten drunk, he was stoned, and had over dosed. In other words, he was with his “friends” when he had passed out and now they were waiting to see if he would wake up at all again.

“How bad is it?” Dawn asked, concerned and angry at the bleached blonde who always got into the wrong things and hurt himself and her sister.

“I don’t know. They won’t tell me anything, so I’m thinking pretty bad.” By this time, all of Buffys tears had dried up and she was now simply looking down at the comforter that was on her bed and picking at the small pieces of fuzz she found randomly.

William, A.K.A. Spike, Harris, wasn’t a bad kid. He had moved to Sunnydale to live with his mother and his stepbrother after his own father died in England. Xander had quickly accepted the brother he’d never met before, and had immediately introduced him to all his friends. They had all seemed to open him with open arms and he had become a part of their little gang weather fast. One blonde girl in particular had caught his eye, and up until the present day, him and Buffy Summers had been best friends. Going from puberty, to crushes, to first boyfriends and girlfriends, then to first break ups. They had conquered bad hair days, to teachers that gave bad grades with bad breath to match, and then to choices of proper clothing for all occasions.

But there was one thing the pair could not face. And her name was Drusilla Walkers. Drusilla had shown him the “finer” aspects of life. That is, a life without Buffy in it.

Spike had first laid eyes on her in the tenth grade and had fallen madly in love with her afterwards. Spike started to pull away from Buffy and the gang little by little, until all she heard from him was one phone call a week, which only lasted a number of minutes.

Drusilla had finally tired of him and had apparently moved on five months ago. That’s when all the trouble had started. Drusilla had connections all over LA and London. She had hooked Spike up to all the wrong people when she realized how gullible a fool in love, such as Spike, could be.

She had taught him every aspect sex, introduced him to his new best friend, alcohol, and showed him where he could get any drug or medication his heart desired.

As time went on, and his relationship with Dru got better and better each day, his phone calls to Buffy became longer, not so brief in their description, to which Dru had no idea about.

Buffy knew that he had a crush on her, and if she was totally honest with herself, she had always liked him way more then a friend should like another friend. This fact had been proven the summer before Dru, the night he was going back to England for the summer to visit his grandmother.

Buffy and the gang had all thrown him a surprise party in his honor, and it was just when Buffy and her sister, Dawn, were about to head home when Buffy asked him if he’d join her out on the front porch. With the gang still occupied and having fun inside, Buffy and William had been able to sneak away to have some alone time together. It had ended in Buffy and Will locked together in their first kiss, and Buffy’s only.

In the middle of the heated moment Dawn had come out to get her sister and go home, and Buffy quickly pulled away and leaned over his shoulder, making it appear that they had been hugging.

After Dawn had said her good-byes, and one last hug between the still panting couple, which reveled some startling information, Buffy left after one final kiss that was to quick to notice.

With him and Dru’s relationship completely solidified, Spike was able to return to talking to Buffy as if they never had any differences.

Spike told Buffy of everything that him and Dru had done together, leaving out gruesome details at Buffy’s insistence.

Once the matter of drugs came up Buffy almost couldn’t keep her mouth shut. Spike insisted that he was only into it because Dru was, and that he could stop anytime he wanted. He also told her about the alcohol, which she didn’t seem to mind, as long as he didn’t take it to far. Which with Dru, he never did.

Things were growing great until one night when Spike went over to Dru’s house and saw her fucking some guy in her bed. She then started screaming insanities, calming that he drove her to this, that it was his fault cause he had been talking to Buffy.

Ever since Drusilla left town the day after the big blow-up, Spike had used the connections Dru had given him to load up on the drugs and alcohol and many other things.

He had overdosed many times, and got so drunk some times that he forgot where he was for days. He shrugged off the rest of his school year, but he had enough credits from the time before Dru left him to make up for it, since he was actually an extraordinary student. Even though he’d never in a million years admit it.

Him and some of his “friends” from school had gotten into the drug and alcohol scene with him, and they now encouraged him to do more and more.

Buffy had told her mom the first time she found out that he had overdosed and she had driven her down to go get him. After they had gotten him in her mom’s car, she had given one of the guys there, Angel, her phone number, and told him that if anything ever happened to him to call her right away or she would report them to the police without a second thought. Angel, not wanting to go to jail, had agreed, and had even made copies of her phone number and address to give out to Spike’s other friends that got together to party, and told them the second that something happened to Spike to call her and let her know what was happening to him.

As much as she tried, Spike would not stop. He said that it made the pain in his heart hurt less. Buffy realized that he was finally over her and from then on out and declared herself friend of the year, being there for him whenever he needed her to be to bail him out when shit got bad.

He had gotten so bad one time, that he had actually passed out from it. She had had a panic attack after she had gotten him settled in her bed and her mother had to drive her to the hospital. Her mother had told her from then on that she would help as much as she could, but when he got that bad that Buffy was to have no part in it whatsoever, no matter what. It was, after all, his lesion to learn.

Buffy had protested greatly, that is, until Spike finally woke up and told her to never put herself in that kind of danger over him again, or he would never talk to her again for as long as he lived. She knew he was trying to keep her safe, and so she finally agreed.

It was not until the next time he was passed out that she realized that her mother wasn’t kidding and neither was he. Spike had told all his friends not to tell her where they were at when he got that bad. When Buffy threatened to call the police on them, and still they would not tell her, she gave up the fight and had collapsed into a crying fit, still on the phone with Angel. She had made him promise that they would not leave him alone till he awoke. They all felt bad for this girl and took pity on her, so they did as she wished and, even though it was few times that he got this bad, they never left his side.

This time however, was completely different. He had been out for nine hours straight with no signs of waking up.


A/N: I would really love a lot a feedback on this story, the night this chapter was written, the events in this story really took place in my own personal life. I would also really love advice on how to help my friend since I have completely run out of ideas. E-mail me at spiketastic1013@yahoo.com I wasn’t planning on starting another story this soon, but it looks like this one might get updated a little more then my other two I’ll have up soon, since this one will be easier and I know exactly where I want this one to go. If ya’ll don’t like it I’ll stop this one and return my focus to Blinded Love and the other story I’m gonna be posting soon.