Author's Chapter Notes:
Buffy discovers some shocking truths.

A HUIGE thank you to my new beta DreamScape99 for going over this chapter for me. Also MASSIVE thank you to Edgehead (Mel) for the amazing banner you the best hun!.
Chapter 11

The truth will set you free

“OH FUCK!” Buffy wailed biting into his neck as her orgasm slammed into her. Feeling Buffy’s teeth biting into his neck set him into the most powerful orgasm he had ever experienced.

“Oh Buffy,” he groaned. Both were so caught up in their love making neither of them heard the front door open or noticed the three shocked intruders.

“OH MY GOD!” They turned at the sound of Joyce’s voice to see not just Joyce but Giles and Faith too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faith struggled to suppress her giggle as she watched Buffy and Spike desperately try to cover themselves from their families gaze. Although she knew it wasn’t something to be laughing at. They had just been caught having sex up against a wall by their parents and cousin. Faith knew just by looking at Joyce’s face she was about to explode.

But watching Spike fumble to pull his pants up and tuck his large manhood away, while Buffy desperately searched for something to cover her bikini clad body was amusing to her. Finding one of Spike’s button down shirts on the staircase, Buffy quickly swept it up and pulled it on.

Faith smiled ear to ear as they turned to face them. Even though Joyce was glaring at her, she was so happy for the couple, and so glad Buffy had listened to her. She knew Joyce and her own mother would be mad, but there was no way she would stand by and let Joyce make them feel bad or dirty. It was time for the truth to come out.

“Mom, Dad… I thought you weren’t coming home ‘til tomorrow.” Spike sighed still panting from his orgasm, trying to sound normal. There was a stunned pause for a moment before Giles spoke.

“Well, there was a problem with the ship’s engine, and we had to dock early,” he explained calmly.

Faith saw it happen as if everything was moving in slow motion. She watched Joyce look at Giles in disbelief before turning back to face Buffy and Spike. Her face went red with rage.

“Are you kidding me?” she spat. “Are you both really going to try and pretend we didn’t just walk in on this?”

“Mom...” Buffy started wanting desperately to explain but knowing she couldn’t. They knew this would come out sooner or later, but they had been hoping for later.

“Don’t Buffy. There is nothing you can say to make this right. What where you both thinking? And you William?” she hissed. “I trusted you to look after you sister, and instead I find you fucking her.” Buffy realized panic had well and truly set in. Her mother had said fuck. Buffy felt like laughing hysterically as she never swore.

“Joyce calm down,” Giles begged.

“Calm down? I will not calm down. She is sixteen years old!” she hissed at her husband.

“Almost seventeen,” Spike corrected.

“It’s illegal. I could have you throw in jail,” she threatened turning to face him.

Buffy felt red-hot panic flood through her.

“You’re going to have me arrested?” Spike almost laughed.

“Don’t you dare mock me, William. I’m so disappointed in you, both of you.” She sighed starting to pace.

“She may be sixteen but she’s not a child,” Faith said stepping forward.

“You stay out of this Faith,” Joyce snapped before turning to face Buffy and Spike again. “Was he the first Buffy? No wait. I don’t want to know…I don’t think I want to know...” She sighed turning away from them.

“Yes he is the first, the only.... Mom I know your upset but I love him,” she confessed moving closer to her mother, but quickly stepping back when Joyce spun to face her.

“Don’t be ridiculous. Buffy you’re sixteen-years old. You don’t know what love is,” she hissed.

“I’m not some stupid kid, Mom. I know what I feel, and I’m in love with him.” she snapped back

“And I love her too.” Spike stepped forward wrapping his arm around Buffy’s shoulder.

“You are brother and sister. I forbid this,” she announced. Faith knew she had to step in.

“That’s not completely true. Is it Aunt Joyce?” Joyce spun to face her.

“Faith!” she warned her.

“No. Look, I kept your little secret for years now, but I’m not going to stand by and let you make them feel dirty about this when they have no reason to be,” Faith replied standing her ground.

“Dear, perhaps, Faith is right,” Giles said stepping forward to lay a supportive hand on her shoulder. Slightly hurt when she jerked away from his touch.

“No. It makes no difference. They were raised brother and sister and had every reason to believe they where. That’s what makes this wrong. They should be ashamed.”

“No they shouldn’t,” Faith snapped taking a deep breath she tried to calm herself before speaking again. “Look, they feel in love. You can’t fight love. It just happens.” She sighed trying to get Joyce to see reason.

“Joyce, it’s time,” Giles tried again placing his hand on her arm. This time Joyce sighed nodding slightly.

“Wait, what the hell are you all talking about? What do you mean we were raised as brother and sister?” Buffy asked beyond confused and scared. “I mean we are brother and sister, aren’t we?”

“Buffy, sweetheart...” Joyce started, but Buffy cut her off feeling fear and anger grip her.

“No more lies, Mom. What is going on?” For a long moment no one spoke. Buffy sighed in frustration turning away from Joyce and looking at Giles.

“You are my father aren’t you?”

“Of course I am, Buffy. I was there the day you were born, and I’ve been there for you every day since. I have watched you grow into a beautiful young woman and I love you with everything that is inside of me. Isn’t that what a father is?”

“I’m not asking who loves me most in the whole wide world. I’m asking if you are my biological father... are you?” Giles fell silent. He felt his heart clinch at the fear on her face. “Daddy,” she whispered with tears in her eyes. She sounded so child like. He hated this.

“When you mother moved in with William and I, she... she was already pregnant with you,” he confessed.

Buffy felt her world fall apart around her, almost like the room was spinning. She felt herself falling as she tried to steady her legs, but Spike grabbed right before she collapsed.

“Buffy, luv.” She looked at him concern evident on his face. She felt hot tears prick her eyes. Taking deep breaths, she tried to calm herself.

“Why the secrets?” she whispered he voice laced with anger as she attempted to stand properly. “You had no problem telling us about Jenny. Why keep the fact that Giles isn’t my father so secretive?” she asked needing to understand.

“Buffy, it doesn’t matter,” Joyce argued desperately not wanting her to know the truth.

“Who was he?” she asked her voice strong again, but no one answered. “WHO WAS HE?” she yelled demanding to know.

“His name was Hank Summers,” Faith spoke, and Buffy looked at her stunned.

“You knew about this all along? That Spike and I weren’t really related?”

“Buffy, I’m sorry. I found out when I was a kid, and my mom made me promise to never tell you,” Faith tried to explain.

“I came to you, and told you about how I felt for Spike. You knew how dirty I felt, like there was something wrong with me, and still you said nothing.” Buffy confronted her feeling anger burn through her. “I stood by you when you came out. Every one said you where wrong or it was just a phase, but not me. I stood up for you, defended you and this is how you thank me?” Buffy all but yelled.

“Buffy, it wasn’t her fault. I should have told you in the beginning,” Joyce intervened.

“So why didn’t you, Mother? Explain to me why you would keep this from me?” Joyce knew she had no choice. Buffy deserved the truth.

“I met Hank in my second year at university. You have to understand, Buffy, it was a very difficult time for me. Both my parents had just died in a car crash, and Jenny had moved away to England to go to university herself. I was feeling very much so alone.” Taking a deep breath, she continued, “Hank and I married right after graduation. Things where great at first, but soon after the honeymoon he started to change.” Giles wrapped a supportive arm around her shoulders urging her to continue.

“He started cheating on me, and when I comforted him he became abusive. At first it was just verbally, but eventually it became physical. I wanted to leave, but I was scared of being alone so I stayed. When Jenny passed away I... we were both crushed. We leaned on each other and became close friends. It was a little while after Giles and William moved here that I discovered I was pregnant with you, Buffy. I had hoped this would make Hank change, but when I told him he accused me of sleeping with Giles. He told me I had to get rid of you, but I refused.” Joyce visibly shuddered at the memory of that day.

“He beat me terribly that day. I ended up in hospital, and I was certain I had lost you, but somehow you managed to survive. You where a miracle. After that, I told him I had miscarried, got a restraining order, and filed for divorce. Giles took me in and helped me move on with my life. We fell in love. We didn’t mean for it to happen; it just did,” she whispered.

“Okay… so my dad was a wife beating dead beat… still doesn’t explain why you thought you needed to keep that from me. I mean I could have handled it,” Buffy replied shaking her head in confusion.

Joyce looked up with tears in her eyes, and that’s when Buffy knew there was more, and the more was much worse.

“What happened mom?” she whispered unsure if she truly wanted to know.

“I was about seven months pregnant with you. Giles and I had just started officially dating when the police showed up at our door to tell me Hank had been arrested.”

“For what?” Buffy waited a moment, but got no answer. “What where the charges?” she demanded to know.

“He had been arrested for the... the rape and murder of a fourteen year old girl,” Joyce whispered unable to look at her daughter.

“Oh my god.” Buffy felt sick to her stomach.

“I didn’t want to believe it at first. I mean Hank was many things, but I never thought he wasn’t capable of such evil... she was such a sweet little girl.”

“You knew her?” Buffy asked stunned.

“Her name was Annabelle. She lived two doors down from where Hank and I lived.”

“Well, I mean… maybe they were wrong, maybe he didn’t do it,” Buffy babbled hoping they had been wrong.

“I wish they where, sweetheart, but the evidence was overwhelming.”

“What evidence?” she asked, but when she got no answer she lost her temper. “WHAT EVIDENCE?” she yelled.

“They found his DNA under her finger nails and other places,” she whispered. Buffy felt bile rise up in her throat, instantly know what her mother meant by other places “and there was a person who witnessed him trying to get rid of her body.”

“I think I’m going to be sick,” she announced trying to get her stomach to stop doing flip- flops.

“Buffy...” Giles stepped forward touching her arm only to have her jerk back.

“Don’t touch me. You’re not my father!” she spat. She saw the hurt all over Giles’ face but couldn’t let go of her anger long enough to care. “I never want to talk to you ever again. You’re a liar, and I hate you,” she hissed at her mother storming past them all and heading for the door

“Buffy...” Faith spoke trying to stop her.

Swinging around to face her cousin, she spoke, venom lacing her voice, “Don’t you dare talk to me either. I trusted you. I was there for you when no one else was. You should have told me the truth. As far as I’m concerned, you can go to hell.” She ran out of the house, slamming to door behind her so hard it shock with the force. Running as fast as her feet could take her, she didn’t know where she was going just that she never wanted to go back again.


Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think and review please : )