Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is My new story taking chances, its based on the song "Taking chances" by: there for tomorrow.
Timespace: After season 7 of buffy has ended, but somewhere before the fall.

Prologue

Spike has somehow been restored to his normal self after arriving in the amulet he wore when sunnydale was destroyed. He is now working alongside angel at Wolfram & Hart battling evil and arguing over petty things like who saved the world the most times. willow has found the long lost book of Pangea in a box of Tara's old possesions. The book bares the secrets and the power to restore and resurect anything and everything. She has since then restored Sunnydale back to its previous self. The potentials have all went their seprate ways, and when Kennedy left she was getting pretty snuggly with Amy. (yes Amy the rat Amy.) Tara, Anya and Willow all helped produce the spell that reversed Buffy's woman-power-every-girls-a-slayer effect and erased it out of civilians minds. Riley, his wife, Gwendolyn Post, and Hobson have moved to England to re-build the watchers council. Willow has used the book of Pangea to erm...re-grow his eyeball. and Xander and Anya are re-engaged. Angel is still as brooding as ever, Gunn and Cordelia are seeing each other, and the scoobies are back in Sunnydale. Spike is still ''dead'' as far as anyone is concerned Dawn is the only one who knows that he is alive and Angel has placed a tounge-tying jinx on her because he wishes for Buffy to fall back in love with Angel. Dawn and Spike keep in touch frequently over the phone and ocasionally visit. Dawn considers him like a father, he considers her as a daughter.


Chapter 1 ::

''SPIKE!''... Angel calls from his oversized office. Spike enters the room munching on wheetapix. ''Calm down you bloody poof 'm right here.''

Angel stands up and closes the green mini bars door. ''Where is my $1900.00 bottle of imported brazillian rum!''

Spike holds up an empty bottle with forigne writing on it. ''Umm...'' Angel growls then slams Spike up against the wall, the glass bottle falls to the ground and shatters.

''Hey, watch it peaches'' Angel whips around and grabs his pet bamboo plant out of the pot, snaps it in half and raises it above Spikes chest.

''Sod off" Spike shoves Angel into his desk, papers fall to the floor.

Outside of Angels office demons and very frightened people stare at the office door, as numerous thuds and crashes can be heard. Harmony stands up and reasures the people. "Dont worry its probably just another tustle ove-" muffled voices come from the door.

"Oohh look at me 'm all dark and brooding-like watch as i mesmerise you with my huge forehead'' ''Shut up captain peroxide.''

the elevator dingd and a pissed off looking Gunn enters the waiting room dragging a pale Andrew behind him. Harmony opens her mouth to ask a question, but Gunn cuts her off. "yes me and coredelia are in a fight, no i will not check your computer for online demons that dont exist." " im guessing Angel and Spike are in there?" An elderly lady nods.

Back in the office Spike throws a gargoyle paperweight at Angel who is standing in front of the office door, Angel ducks just as Gunn imerges dragging Andrew behind him, Gunn ducks as he spots the gargoyle, while Andrew gets hit square in the forehead with it and falls to the ground.

A small demon in the waiting room sticks his head around the door and comments "noob". Gunn gives the demon a shut-the-fuck-up-im-not-in-the-mood-ill-kick-your-ass look. He then turns around to face Spike and Angel who have each other in this weird head lock thing, and are pulling each others hair.

''Are you two quite done?" Andrew sits up and stares at Angel, Angel looks up "he started it" he points a finger towards Spike.

"He drank all my rum" Angel pouts. Spike gives Angel a disbeliving look. "Wow Buffy was right when she said you we're now acting like a 12 year old." Angel and Spike release each other and stand up, Angel straightens out his custom blazer, while Spike slumps down in a chair and lights a cigarette.

Angel clears his throut and loks at Gunn "So umm.. why did you interupt my uh.. chat with Spike" "Well i was out kicking some demon ass...well okay i was arguing with Cordy about if we should get the Georgetown collection, or the Beatrice Collection for the living room,

but i decided to come see if you needed any help with anything and i ran into him, he said he needed to see Spike said it was quite important, i didnt believe him since i heard the story where he tried to open the hellmouth"

Andrew stood up "Hey i was like under the Firsts trance that so didnt count" "WILL YOU STOP INTERUPTING ME!" Gunn yelled "anyways i didnt belive him until he said that Buffy was in trouble... while she is troubled"

Andrew turned around and closed the door. then pulled a dvd out of his jacket "here this is for you" Spike reached out and grabbed the disc "aww why does Spike get all the gifts?" Angel yelled.

Gunn lookes over at Angel with a raised eyebrow, Spike walked over to the TV set and popped in the dvd "i dont know why i taped this... i just thought you'd want to see it.

The screen shows a very familiar graveyard, a few 30 some girls and a few demons are gathered around a black, shiny gravestone, beside it an all to familiar face looks into the crowd with her blonde hair shining in the sun.

In the front of the crowd a brunette teenager is crying into a red heads shoulder and a very wrinkly demon is blowing his nose in a huge hanky, elephant noises can be heard from him,

Wesley silently entered Angels office and stands beside Gunn. The blonde on the screen moves beside the younger brunette, her face was tearstained.