Author's Chapter Notes:
The song that is playing at the club is Blinding by Florence and the Machine. Listen while you read for the full effect, please.

Happy New Year!
The demon gracefully stalked the border of the local club. He arrived in the sleepy town of Sunnydale because an urge-primal and instinctual-pulled him there. When he settled into the town, he followed the instinct into the building called the Bronze.

His maker was killed by an angry mob a few months prior. Her presence had been with him for over a hundred years; now that it was gone, his demon demanded company.

There was nothing enjoyable about Eternity if it was spent alone.

As he prowled the border, he sniffed on occasion, hoping to find what his demon was searching for. He could smell the horrendous body odor of most of the patrons, foul smelling American beer, and cheap perfume that made his nostrils sting.

His ridges and golden eyes changed into his human mask when the aroma of vanilla and ginger registered in his brain; the scent relaxed him. There was a subtle pungent smell but not enough to disturb the feeling of peace taking over his body. His sensitive nose followed the scent and what it saw caused a purr to vibrate through the man’s body.

A golden-haired goddess danced under the florescent light, causing her hair to illuminate the dark room. Her body moved so beautifully with the soft music playing; it twirled, spun, and jerk to the beat, almost like the song was performed solely for her.

She was surrounded by her mates: two females and a male. The demon growled, ridges coming to the forefront again when he tried to casually brush a hand on her back or side. However, the girl swatted his advances away every time. Finally, the boy pouted and left to sit at the bar.

The young woman that caught his demon’s interest was wrapped in a tight red dress, the top dipping low enough to show an ample amount of cleavage and short enough to show most of her toned and slender legs. Her skin was bronze and sun-kissed. He could almost feel the heat radiating off her flesh if he concentrated hard enough.

She was a divine creature that would be even more divine with his eternal kiss.

Her bronzed skin would become pale, beautiful in its own right.

The demon sat at the nearest chair and watched his future Queen enjoy the last of her night as a human. He planned to take her away, lay her down on a soft bed and kiss every inch of her body.

He thought that he loved his sire but his demon had never felt fully content with her. The amusement of her ramblings became more aggravating as the years pressed on. But still, he stayed. She was his maker and she owed her his loyalty for saving him from a life of mediocrity. The way the girl that held his gaze made him feel so peaceful, content and complete, he knew what he felt for his sire wasn’t love.

The world stopped spinning the moment she made eye contact with him. Her emerald eyes bore into his with curiosity and a hint of fear. For a moment he wondered why there was fear in her eyes but then remembered his demon came out when he saw the boy touching her.

His body became tight; getting itself ready for the chase that he thought was inevitable. Instead, as if she had the same primal urge, she gravitated towards him like nothing else in the world made any sense.

His body relaxed, his purring becoming louder the closer she got. She walked passed her mates and they seemed to protest but she ignored them and continued her way. The music and voices around the club dissipated when she reached the table.

The demon had yet to hide, it wanted to be seen; it needed to be seen.

She flipped her hair and pulled the chair opposite of him back so she could sit.

“I’ve dreamt of you.” That was probably the last thing he expected her to say. His features changed because of the gentle tone of her voice but changed back at her protest. “No. I like it.” Strange girl.

A slender arm reached across the table to graze a hand across his forehead. The demon instantly leaned into her palm and closed its eyes with content.

“Yup.” He heard the corners of her lips turn up in a smile. “I’ve definitely dreamt of you. Maybe I’m dreaming now.” He opened his eyes and placed his palm on her hand.

“What happens in your dream, love?” Her face lit up at his choice of endearment.

“You save me,“ she paused and bit her bottom lip. “I’m dying.” He sensed it the moment she said that. The pungent smell came back and now that she was close, he knew what it was--cancer. “You’re my salvation.”

His human features pushed forward and she didn’t object. She smiled so lovingly that it made his heart ache. “Salvation.” He gasped. Pushing his chair back, he got up and moved to stand by her side to pick her up so she stood with him.

“I never go out. My friends, they always beg me, but I always say no. Tonight though, an urge came across me. My instinct told me to come. I’ve dreamt about you for a few months now. When my instinct told me to come here I had no idea it would be you. You weren’t supposed to be real.” A tear ran down her face and he gently brushed it away.

“ ’m real an’ I‘ve had the same urge.” He grasped her hand and led her to the back exit. His original plan to carry her away and make sweet love to her before he turned her vanished. He would have eternity to do that with her.

He wanted to have her leave her human life the same way he had.

He pushed her against the brick wall and caused her to grunt in surprise. A smile crossed his features so she would know he meant no harm to her. He commanded his facial bones to break and mend themselves; his demon was back and his smile was now a fearsome grin to most; to her though it was home.

He kissed her hand. “You are my effulgence.” The demon placed her hand on his un-beating heart and pressed. “Do you want it?”

As if time was repeating itself she responded just as he imagined. “God, yes.” Her tears returned but he let them fall. With his hand still holding hers, he bent forward and pierced the smooth flesh of her neck. Her protest was barely a gasp before she reached her other hand to the back of his head. She pushed him closer, his fangs imbedding themselves deeper.

He moaned at the taste of her blood; it was a fine wine made just for him. When her heart beat was slow enough he pulled away and licked the wounds closed. He roughly bit into his wrist and shoved the appendage onto her lips. She immediately suckled the red fluid into her mouth. Her heart beat slowed dangerously low but it didn’t matter; she had his eternal blood in her system now. She would die and come back to spend eternity with him.

She pulled away when she became too weak to latch onto his wrist. “Eternity,“ she whispered before dying.

A grin crossed his features when he heard the last of the twelve chimes of midnight from the countdown inside the club.

It was a new year, a new life to share with his rightful mate.

Spike cradled his queen in his arms and carried her to the safety of the factory.

The End.


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed.