Author's Chapter Notes:
So I was watching Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and this plot kind of just popped in my head and I thought, what the heck, I'll run with it and see where it goes! Hope you enjoy!
“What do you mean she is gone? Where is she gone?”

A panicked look passed over Willow’s face, “I don’t know, Giles. We were talking one minute and the next—POOF—she was gone. All that was left was some kind of shadowed powder. I don’t know what happened!”

A flash of light knocked both Willow and Giles backwards, “Well, kid, let me help you with that explanation, hmm?” Whistler smiled from ear to ear, rocking back and forth on his heels.

Giles straightened his glasses and righted his position, “What kind of explanation, Whistler?”

Plopping down on the couch and kicking his legs up to rest on the coffee table, “Well, ya see, it’s like this: Your Buffy was just talking and talking and talking away about nothing of use and nothing of interest when a little witch in an alternate universe made a simple little spell come alive. You see, their Buffy died saving the world, a hero’s destiny as you know, but the Willow in that universe couldn’t bear that her best friend had been taken from her that early.

“So she did a little spell and brought her back to life. Only, the Buffy that was supposed to show back up is gone for good. She died a true hero’s death that can never be redone for any cost. So, the universe took yours and put her in the other’s place.” Pausing to assess the situation, Whistler saw what he expected to. Despair, regret, heartache, pain, all the signs that were to be there when you have just heard of a friend being taken from you.

Finally, Giles was the first to speak after the horrifying news had been delivered, “So how do we go about getting our Buffy back? Surely there has to be a way to undo the transfer. Just because that Buffy has been killed to no return does not mean that we cannot get our Buffy back.”

“Actually it does. Once a transfer has been done, there is no transferring back. What’s done is done,” Mouths opened to protest but before they could speak Whistler continued, “But—and this is a big but—there is a way to get a Buffy back. She just wouldn’t be the one that you are used to. She’s from an alternate universe that is very different from this one. And as a part of that, that means she is different. She won’t be your Buffy.”

Willow finally spoke up, “You keep saying that. You keep saying that she won’t be our Buffy. We got that the first time you said it.”

“That is precisely what I’m trying to make sure you understand. She won’t be the Buffy that does what you tell her when you tell her. She won’t be the Buffy that has gone through the same things that this universe’s has. She will be a completely different person. Do you understand this?”

Giles stepped closer, “What about the universe she is in? You say that once there is no Buffy there is no going back, what about her universe? Won’t it need her?”

“This Buffy isn’t needed in her world any more. She isn’t the only Slayer, she has no friends, no love, to laugh, nothing. She isn’t needed there. If you decide that you want this Buffy to come in the place of yours, there will be no turning back. There will be no going back to the store to pick out one that better suits you. This is the only one that can possibly come here. Take some time and decide. I’ll wait.” Standing up, Whistler made his way to the kitchen, leaving them with their thoughts.

“We have to do it Giles. We need a Buffy. A-and you heard him, her universe doesn’t need her. Ours does.” Willow looked at him with her resolve face that has never done her wrong.

Trying to resist, Giles protested, “But if what he said was true, that she is indeed a different Buffy, are we sure that we can handle that. Are we sure that we are prepared to deal with the ramifications that come with a new Buffy that we are not accustomed to?”

Without saying a word, Willow and Giles shared a look, knowing the answer that they needed. Giles gave a short nod and looked to the kitchen, “Whistler? We’ve come to a decision.”

Trotting back in eating a sandwich, he plopped back down in his same spot as before, “Alright, chief. What’s it going to be?”

Taking a deep breath, he simply nodded to himself, “Make the transfer.”


Chapter End Notes:
Well?? What did you think?? :D