Chapter 1
“Buffy! Buuuu-fffyyy!”
“Meh.” The Slayer grumbled at the sound of the high pitched teenaged voice calling her name. She turned over on the bed so that she lay on her stomach and threw her arm on the opposite side of her.
“Bloody hell!” A grumble followed by a deep growl came from next to her.
Buffy turned on her side, taking in the naked vampire lying next to her. “Dawn’s calling, Spike. Why don’t you go see what she wants?”
He opened one eye and looked directly at her, half of his face buried in the pillow. “’S not my name she’s calling, love.”
She gave him her best pout, making sure to stick her lower lip out because she knew he couldn’t resist it. “Come on, Spike, I’m under the covers all warm and toasty. You’re just lying there not getting cold at all. Plus, she likes you better.”
He bit her lip making sure to suck on it a little before pulling away. “Sorry, love, its big sis she wants.”
Buffy slapped his shoulder. He hadn’t argued that her sister liked him better. Sure, she’d said it, but he wasn’t supposed to agree. He grabbed her hand and held it to his chest.
“Oi! No beating the vampire. ‘M not your bloody slave.”
She rolled her eyes, threw the blankets off and stood up. Turning to face him, she allowed him to give her naked body the once over, then put on her bathrobe.
“Hurry back, Slayer. I think we have time for a quickie before patrolling.”
“No, Spike. Meet me downstairs in ten minutes otherwise we’ll never leave this room.”
“Fine.” He pouted and turned back onto his stomach.
She stared at his naked body. He was milky white and his back was beautifully toned. Her eyes traveled further down and landed on his ass, what a gorgeous behind, hard as a rock. She shook her head in disbelief as her hand went to touch her neck for the hundredth time. It had only been supposed to be a nap. It had been six months since she’d come back from the dead and still she needed Spike in order to sleep. It wasn’t that she had nightmares anymore; it was that she couldn’t get to sleep if he wasn’t next to her.
She had come home from work that afternoon feeling completely drained. Her head hurt more than usual, and she just wanted to take a shower and sleep before going out on patrol. She found Spike sitting on the couch as usual, his legs propped on the coffee table, watching Passions. She stood in front of him and extended her hand for him to take.
“Nap with me? I’m tired.”
He looked at her and smiled. “You’re going to have to learn to sleep by yourself at some point.”
She knew he didn’t mean a word of it, he knew it too. He would never turn down the chance to hold her in his arms. She’d been very welcoming in bed the last three months, and each time he’d taken her he felt she let him in closer.
“I need a shower first,” she told him.
He shot up off the couch, grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her toward the stairs. “Come on, Slayer, no time to waste. I’m sure you can’t wait to get that work grime off your body.”
She smiled as he pushed her into the bathroom, watching as he turned on the hot shower and began undressing her. “Such service.”
He had her in the shower so quickly she hadn’t even noticed him take off his clothes. She rolled her shoulders and closed her eyes as Spike soaped up her body. She was enjoying his hands on her when she felt a shooting pain in her head. Not wanting to make a big deal out of it, she grimaced slightly and hoped he hadn’t noticed, but he was standing in front of her shampooing her scalp when it happened.
“Buffy, what is it? What hurts?” he asked in a panic.
“Nothing, Spike, just a little sore from work is all.” She hated when he used her name.
He looked at her, his face turning serious, jaw clenched in worry. She’d been making the same face and hiding her pain from him for about a week now. Every time he tried to talk to her about it she changed the subject or ran off to do something. Now he felt her warm lips on his and her hands around him. She kissed him, first lightly on the lips as a thank-you for taking such good care of her, then deeper and full of desire as she pulled him closer. He responded eagerly, pulling her even closer to him as he tried to walk her blindly toward the bedroom. That’s how they had ended up in bed at five p.m. They’d been going at it for two hours taking short naps in between. No matter what he did to her, she did not feel satisfied.
She was lying under him, her legs wrapped around his waist, her eyes closed as she felt him slowly glide in and out of her. He’d been doing this for what seemed like forever, he would slowly bring her to the point of climax, and when she was about to orgasm, he’d stop it from happening. She was delirious with want and could barely speak.
“Spike,” she moaned.
“What it is Slayer? What do you want?”
“You,” she practically growled.
“I’m right here, love. Giving you what you need.”
“Need to be inside. Need more!”
“I am inside.”
“No,” she whined, “I need to be inside you. I want to be part of you, in your blood.”
She wanted to be a part of him. She could never bring herself to tell him the words he needed to hear, but she could show him. She would show him.
“Buffy, do you know what you’re asking? Are you sure?”
He knew what she wanted and he knew what it meant. To have the Slayer’s blood inside of him would make him very powerful. He would be able to protect her even better than he was able to now. With her blood inside him, this slayer would make it well past her thirties. No other slayer had.
“Yes!” she screamed and he realized that she was just about to climax.
They locked eyes and he felt her body rise up toward his, her fingers in his hair, tears welling up in her eyes. This was when she loved him. It was at these moments he had no doubt of her love for him.
“I love you, Slayer.”
His words made her finish. When she did, her body lay back on the bed, sweaty and exhausted but radiant still. She pulled his head down to her neck. “Do it, Spike, take me in. I want to be part of you.”
“Are you sure?” he asked again, lifting his head to whisper in her ear.
She nodded and pulled him back down to her neck. “I need you to know, to understand how I feel.”
He lifted his head up to her ear again. “Buffy, I already know. You tell me when we’re like this. When I see you glow I know it’s because of me that you’re smiling like you are. I know how you feel.”
She turned her head to look at him, he propped himself up on his elbows so that he was looking down at her. She put one hand on his face and the other one played with the curls in his hair. “Spike, I need you. I need you strong, I need you to fight. I need you by my side.”
He nodded. She didn’t want him to leave her like all the others had, and so she had a plan, she’d give him her blood and make him stronger. This is how she would let him know she loved him. “Okay, love. I will.”
He lowered his head to her neck and softly licked it kissing her gently so she understood he would not be rough. Buffy tilted her head back and brought her neck closer to him. He felt the bumps on his face emerge along with his fangs, felt her body tense when he sunk them into her skin. Her hand, which had been playing with his hair, stopped and she held her breath underneath him. He ran his fingers through her hair in order to calm her down, and began taking her blood in slowly. Her body suddenly relaxed under him as she let out a soft sigh. She could feel the blood rushing out of her and into his mouth. It made her dizzy and lightheaded while at the same time calm and content.
“Spike,” she sighed and let out a small hum.
Feeling assured that he had her trust now, he began sucking harder on her and feeling what he needed from her blood. Her hands came around his back and she clutched at him, digging her nails in as her back arched lifting her off the bed and closer to him.
“More,” she moaned. “Don’t stop, Spike, please.”
Hearing those words come out of her mouth made him stop. He would not turn her into a monster. He pulled his fangs out and began licking her wound clean, making sure it would heal nicely. He placed gentle kisses on her neck as she panted and tried to regain her composure.
“Spike,” she finally said, “you’re hard.”
“Yeah. I’ve told you before, blood and sex, sex and blood, it’s all the same to me.”
She took his face in her hands and pulled it to her mouth. “Don’t waste it.”
**********************************************************
That’s how life had been between them since the day Angel left five months ago. They spent every waking moment together, unless she was at work or school. Even though she hadn’t been able to tell him the three words he wanted to hear, he knew she felt them and he understood why she was so afraid to say them. She didn’t want him to leave. In the past, everyone she’d ever told had left. He understood and he was patient. He would wait until she was ready.
Dawn had come to see Spike as an older brother and Willow didn’t mind having the vampire around, especially since he was so perceptive about relationships. She could always go to him for advice when things went wrong between her and Tara. Everything was perfect in the Summers’ household, except for the fact that the slayer was keeping something from him.


Chapter End Notes:
Thoughts, ideas, reviews? Let me know!