~I've had to think of a way to survive since you said it's over told me good-bye
I just can't make it one day without you Unless I pretend that the opposites true
Rivers flow backwards
Valleys are high
Mountains are level
Truth is a lie
I'm perflectly fine
and I don't miss you
The sky is green and The grass is blue...~



"Dawn!! Dawn, open the doo--"

The door swung open causing the petite blonde to lose her balance and pitch forward. Luckily the bags she was carrying broke her fall. She pulled herself up casting a menacing glare at her snickering sister.

"It's not funny."

Dawn couldn't stifle it any longer, wrapping her arms around herself as she laughed hysterically.

"Yeah, it so was. I mean, you should have seen your face!" She was still chuckling as she followed her livid sister to the counter.

"Well, we'll see how funny it is when you eat your squished lunch."

The smile instantly dropped from her face and she started digging through the bags in search of her requested order.

"Yeah, who's laughing now?" Buffy chuckled as she turned the sign around on the Gallery door, marking them out to lunch.

"Me, because it was your food that got smooshed." Dawn stated with a triumphant smile.

"Damn it."

Buffy trudged over and began picking through her salad, wishing for a bite of the spaghetti Dawn was wolfing down.

"So-" Dawn swallowed what was in her mouth. "What are you doing tonight?"

Buffy gave her a look.

"What I do everynight."

Dawn sighed and dropped her fork.

"Buffy. You have to get over this. I mean, don't you want to show Spi--"

"Stop."

Dawn's words died on her tongue at the sound of her sister's voice. The anger that was there was nothing compared to the pain. If that bastard ever showed his face in Sunnydale again...

"I'm sorry."

Buffy picked up her lunch and dropped it in the trash, just the sight of it turning her stomach.

"It's okay. I just don't want to talk about it, alright?"

She walked into the back not even waiting for an answer.

"Alright."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy sat on the couch, flipping through the channels.

She glanced at the clock, hoping Dawn would come home soon. She hated being alone.

Because when she was alone her mind wandered.

To him.

She shook her head and began changing the channels again before coming to a stop at something familiar.

Monty Python. She sat back and snickered, getting caught up in the show.

She turned to make a comment and her smile fell when he wasn't there.

But he was never there, he hadn't been in almost two years.

But sometimes, she can feel him, hears his laugh or feels his touch.

And she remembers.

Begging him to stay. Pleading with him, chasing his car as he drove away.

And she hates him.

But then, how can you hate someone and love them at the same time?



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Song is "The Grass is Blue" by Dolly Parton