Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from BtVS. I am not using them for personal or monetary gain. This story was written merely for fun. "Bad Medicine" belongs to Bon Jovi. I hope that was clear enough. A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend.

Rating: NC-17 (This is unrepentant smut. Any semblance of plot is merely there to facilitate said smut. If that sort of thing bothers you, I suggest you stop reading now. If you proceed past this warning, it's your own damn fault.)

Summary: Buffy's sick, and only Spike has the cure. But is she in for more than she bargained for?

Timeline: Season 4, After "Doomed." Goes AU after that. I'm ignoring a lot of the season 4 stuff, like Adam and the Faith bodyswitch. Not because I don't know it happened or something, but because I just don't feel like dealing with any of it. It gets in the way of the smut.

Feedback and Archiving: I love feedback and am always grateful for constructive criticism. Flames will be used for mocking and taunting. I'm usually okay with archiving, just be polite and ask me first. Email: addie_logan@yahoo.com

Shameless Website Plug: My other stories can be found here: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/addielogan/buffy.html



Bad Medicine

By: Addie Logan

*** *** ***

I ain't got a fever got a permanent disease
It'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy
I got lots of money but it isn't what I need
Gonna take more than a shot to get this poison out of me
I got all the symptoms count 'em 1,2,3

First I need
That's what you get for falling in love
Then you bleed
You get a little but it's never enough
On your knees
That's what you get for falling in love
And now this boy's addicted cause your kiss is the drug

Your love is like bad medicine
Bad medicine is what I need
Shake it up, just like bad medicine
There ain't no doctor that can
Cure my disease

Bad, bad medicine
Bad, bad medicine

I don't need no needle
To be diving me a thrill
And I don't need no anesthesia
Or a nurse to bring a pill
I got a dirty down addition
It doesn't leave a track
I got a jones for your affection
Like a money on my back

There ain't no paramedic
Gonna save this heart attack

When you need
That's what you get for falling in love
Then you bleed
You get a little but it's never enough
On your knees
That's what you get for falling in love
Now I'm addicted and your kiss is the drug

Your love is like bad medicine
Bad medicine is what I need
Shake it up, just like bad medicine
So let's play doctor, baby
Cure my disease

Bad, bad medicine
Bad, bad medicine

I need a respirator cause I'm running out of breath
You're an all night generator wrapped is stockings and a dress
When you find your medicine you take what you can get
Cause if there's something better baby well they haven't found it yet

Your love is like bad medicine
Bad medicine is what I need
Shake it up, just like bad medicine
There ain't no doctor that can
Cure my disease

Your love is like bad medicine
Bad medicine is what I need
Shake it up, just like bad medicine
Your love's the potion that
Can cure my disease

Bad, bad medicine
Bad, bad medicine

*** *** ***

Buffy Summers strolled through the cemetery searching for her next slay. She'd built up a lot of tension recently between the near-apocalypse and her relationship with Riley, and she was looking forward to working it off with a good old-fashioned demon fight.

She got her wish when a large, scaly creature jumped from the bushes, snarling. For once, Buffy disposed with the puns, wanting to get right to the action. She launched herself at the demon, throwing herself into the fight fully.

Suddenly, Buffy felt herself land on her back and the demon descended on her, pinning her arms above her head. Her mind spun as she tried to think of just how she had ended up on the loosing side, and how she could turn the tables again.

Before she had a chance, the demon leaned down, biting her hard. The flash of pain brought Buffy's instincts back to full strength, and she brought her leg up, kicking him off her. Buffy pulled herself off the ground, falling back into fighting stance. However, before she could make another move, she felt a sudden wave of dizziness. Her arms felt heavy, almost limp. The demon was coming towards her again, and Buffy did the only thing she knew she could do at the moment.

She ran.

*** *** ***

"Giles, you have to help me."

"Buffy!" Giles exclaimed with worry as he helped her from the door over to his couch. "You look terrible! Here, lie down and tell me what happened."

"There was this thing. And I was fighting it. And then it bit me."

"Bit you? Was it a vampire?" Giles asked, wondering if her weakness could be coming from a loss of blood.

"No," Buffy said, shaking her head slightly. "I'm not sure what it was. It was big and scaly." Buffy groaned. "Giles…I don't feel so good. It started right after it bit me."

Giles nodded. "I'll call the others, see if we can find anything on a scaly demon with a toxic bite." He patted Buffy. "Don't worry, we'll figure out what it is."

Buffy nodded, her eyes closing. "Thank you, Giles."

*** *** ***

"Why is he even here? Did he threaten to stake himself again?"

"No, it's Xander's mom. Apparently the last time we left Spike alone in the basement she came down and talked to him for an hour."

"It was more like two. Two bloody hours of hell."

"Hey, that's my mother you're talking about…"

"Oh, like you like her…"

Buffy sat up, holding her head. The room was full of voices and…Buffy paused. And smells. Nice smells. Masculine smells. She got up, languidly stretching. She walked over to the group, trying to control the sudden rush of feelings that hit her. "Find anything?" she asked.

Giles looked up. "Buffy! You're awake."

"Yeah. You guys were sorta loud."

"Sorry," Giles said, glancing down. "Are you feeling any better?" He took off his glasses.

"I don't know," Buffy said, moving closer to him. "I feel sorta funny…"

"Your cheeks seem a bit flushed," Giles commented. "Are you running a fever?"

"I don't know," Buffy replied. She licked her lips. "I do feel kinda hot…" She looked at Giles, her eyes hazy and slightly unfocused. "Could you…help me with that?"

Giles began to clean his glasses furiously. "Buffy, what are you…"

Buffy climbed into the chair with Giles, straddling his lap. "Have I ever told you how incredibly sexy you are?" Buffy asked, her voice a low purr.

"Um, no," Giles replied nervously. "And honestly, I wish you hadn't."

"Buffy, why don't you get off Giles," Xander said as he picked Buffy up under the arms and stood her up away from him.

Buffy spun around, pouting. Her expression quickly changed as she looked Xander up and down, licking her lips. She placed her hands on his chest, rubbing down. "Xander…you'll take care of me, won't you?"

"He most certainly will not!" Anya yelled, snatching Xander away from Buffy. "That's my man! Get your own!"

"I only want to borrow him!" Buffy replied. She whimpered. "Please?"

"Um, is the Slayer usually like this, because…"

Spike stopped in mid-sentence when Buffy turned around, looking at him with wild eyes. "Spike!" She walked to him slowly, seductively. Spike stared at her as she moved closer, reminding himself that he really didn't need to breathe. When she got to him she captured his earlobe with her teeth, giving it a sharp tug before letting go and whispering, "Remember everything I whispered in your ear when we were 'engaged?' Want me to actually do it?"

Spike gaped. For the first time in his life—or unlife—he was at a loss for words.

"Buffy!" Willow said, grabbing her friend. "What is wrong with you?"

Buffy whimpered. "I need a man, Willow. Now. I don't care who…" She whimpered.

"I believe this may be an adverse effect of the demon's bite," Giles said, glasses and handkerchief in hand.

"Gee, ya think?" Xander asked.

Buffy pressed herself up against Spike, rubbing against him intimately. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore her scent, knowing if he did what he wanted to do at the moment, one of her friends would stake him before he could blink. "So, uh, any idea about how to stop this?" Spike asked weakly.

"We need to figure out what sort of demon attacked her," Giles said. "And, um, for now, I think we should restrain her."

"No!" Buffy said. "Unless, maybe it's a little bondage fun…" She winked at Spike.

Spike sputtered, the images Buffy's last comment created threatening to short-circuit his brain. "I'll hold her if you gits can restrain her."

"Wouldn't you rather just take me some place where we can be alone?" Buffy asked, reaching down to cup Spike through his jeans.

"Oi! Stop that," Spike said, moving her hand. Buffy immediately put it back.

"A little help here…"

Giles had gotten the chains he'd used for Spike when he'd first arrived with the chip. "Bring her over here," he said gesturing to a chair.

Buffy whimpered as Spike picked her up and carried her, but put up very little fight, aside from smacking his chest a couple of times. "I think whatever weird power's working on her has made her weak," Spike noted, helping Giles get her in the chair.

"That's probably lucky for us," Giles replied.

Buffy's eyes were closed as they fastened the chains around her. Suddenly, her eyes popped open, and she looked at Spike with desperation. "Please. I know you want to, Spike…"

Spike didn't say anything. He just turned away, going to sit on the couch away from her.

Giles stood, going back to the others. "Research. Now."

*** *** ***

"Buffy, was this the demon by any chance?" Willow asked, holding a book for Buffy to look at.

Buffy opened her eyes slowly, licking at her dry lips. She stared at the picture for a moment, her eyes unfocused. Then she nodded.

Willow looked up, smiling. "Buffy says that's the one." Her smile quickly faded at Giles's "oh dear." "What's wrong?" Willow asked.

"That's a Mauruk demon. They, um, prepare the female for mating by injecting them with a powerful aphrodisiac, administered through a bite."

"But it'll wear off, right?" Xander asked. "I mean, if she doesn't, um, mate with this Mauruk thing, she'll just go back to being normal Buffy?"

"I'm afraid it's not that simple. In order to ensure that the, um, mating ritual, is performed to its completion, the female stays this way until the male is, um, finished. If that does not occur, she dies."

"So either Buffy has sex with the demon that bit her or she dies?" Anya asked. "That's not very romantic…"

"It…it doesn't have to be the Mauruk," Giles said. "It can be, um, any male. The key is that he, um, well…"

"Ejaculates in her?" Anya supplied.

"Well, yes," Giles said, blushing furiously.

"So we get the Slayer laid," Spike said, shifting uncomfortably. Buffy's scent was becoming almost too much for him. "Where's that wanker she's dating?"

"Oh, Buffy and Riley aren't at that stage yet," Willow said.

"Buffy has a boyfriend?" Giles asked.

"Don't worry, he's not a possibly evil vampire or anything like that," Anya said. "He's just a commando."

"One of the commandos we've been researching?" Giles asked. Xander, Anya, Spike, and Willow all nodded. "And no one told me this because…"

"I thought we did," Willow said. "We just found out ourselves…"

Giles shook her head. "It's not of consequence right now anyways. And, um, this Riley would probably not be the best choice anyway."

"Why not?" Anya asked.

"Because along with preparing the woman, the Mauruk's bite also insures that the female will be impregnated—if the man is capable of that, that is."

"So let me get this straight," Xander said, "It's not up to Buffy either finds a man to get her pregnant, or she dies."

"Not necessarily," Giles replied. "If the man were, say, sterile, then Buffy would be safe from pregnancy."

"I'm sterile," Spike said suddenly, causing everyone to turn and look at him. "Well, dead, actually. Couldn't put a bun in her oven even if I wanted to."

"Spike, there is no way we're letting you touch Buffy," Xander snapped, glaring at the vampire.

"What, are you just going to let her die then? Look at her. She doesn't have much time left."

They turned to look at Buffy. Her head had lolled to one side, and her breathing was ragged. "Spike has a point," Anya said. "I mean, it may not be the ideal situation, but unless we want Buffy to die…"

"No," Giles said. "There has to be some kind of antidote, something. I'm not letting that thing put his hands on Buffy."

"Yes, and while you're 'researching' and searching for an antidote that probably doesn't exist, she's dying," Spike said.

"Why do you care?" Xander asked. "You want Buffy dead anyway."

Spike frowned. Why didn't he want her to die? "Because when she dies, I want it to be at my hand, in a real battle—not like this." He tried to convince the others—and himself—that that was the reason.

"Guys, as much as I hate this, we don't have much of a choice," Willow said. "This thing is killing Buffy. Spike could very well be our only hope."

Giles looked over at Buffy. The flush from earlier had left her cheeks, leaving her a sickly pale. Giles knew the Mauruk's bite worked quickly. She didn't have much time left. "Willow's right. It is for her own good. I just hope Buffy understands when this is all over."

"Giles, you're not actually going to…"

Giles didn't let Xander finished. "Spike, take her upstairs."

Spike nodded, going to unchain Buffy from the chair. Buffy whimpered. "Shh, pet, it's okay," Spike said softly, hoping the others couldn't hear. "I'm going to take care of you." He carried Buffy away.

Giles stood as he heard his bedroom door closed. "Xander, come with me. We're going to find this Mauruk, and we're going to kill it. Willow, Anya, stay here and make sure Spike doesn't try anything beyond what he has to."

No one argued. Xander and Giles left the house, weapons in hand.

*** *** ***

Spike carried Buffy upstairs to Giles's room. He knew that, being evil and all, he should probably get some sort of satisfaction out of defiling the Watcher's bed like this, but instead all he could think was that the other man would probably burn the sheets when all was said and done.

When he was honest with himself, Spike could admit that he wanted Buffy, that he'd always wanted Buffy—from that first moment he'd watched her dancing at the Bronze. But not like this. He wanted her to want him, too. Still, he didn't want her to die—something that disturbed him too much for him to dwell on.

He laid Buffy gently on the bed. She let out a choked sob, her head thrashing. "It's okay, luv" Spike cooed, quickly removing his clothes and joining her on the bed. "Spike's gonna take care of you."

Buffy raised her hips feebly. "Spike…please…" she rasped. She began to paw at her clothing, trying unsuccessfully to remove them.

"Shh…just be calm and let me do it. Let me take care of you." Spike undressed her, her scent and the sounds she was making getting him ready quicker than he ever remembered happening before. Buffy parted her legs immediately, whimpering softly. Spike reached down, stroking her, her body so hot it felt scorching to his cool hand.

"No…don't tease…I need…oh god, I need…" Buffy's voice broke off in a strangled cry.

"I've got what you need, kitten," Spike told her, pulling one of her legs up so it draped around her hip. He slid inside in one, swift movement, and Buffy cried out, gripping his arms tightly. Spike froze for a moment, staring down at her. She felt better than anything he'd ever known, and he wanted to savor the moment, imprint it on his brain so he could remember what he'd died for if when she was no longer under the control of the Mauruk she decided to stake him.

"Spike, please!" Buffy cried in desperation, tears starting to roll down her cheeks. "You have to…do you hate me this much?"

Spike immediately began to move. "Wasn't trying to torture you, pet," he said. "Just felt too bloody good, is all."

"Yes…good…" Buffy said, moving her hips in time with his. Somewhere in the back of her mind a little voice tried to remind her that sex with Spike should be something bad, but all she could concentrate on now was the intense pleasure that filled her with every stroke. She brought her leg up to link with the other one behind Spike's back, pulling him closer to her. She looked up, seeing Spike craning his neck, his eyes closed in ecstasy. The thick, corded tendons in his neck twitched under the skin, and Buffy felt compelled, as if something stronger than her was controlling her actions. She leaned up, sinking her teeth into pale white flesh.

Spike's eyes shot open at the feel of Buffy's teeth in his neck, and he let out an inhuman yell, his hips pushing her hard into the mattress. Buffy let go, crying out as well as she fell over the edge.

Spike lay beside Buffy, trying to will his body to stop shaking. He'd had an idea that sex with a Slayer would be good, but not like that. He'd thought he couldn't have experienced any more pleasure than that from just being inside her, and then she'd bitten him. He could hear her breathing softly beside him, and he turned to look at her, the fear of her reaction overshadowed by his need to see her face. She was looking at him, her expression one of confusion. "Are you gonna stake me?" Spike asked softly.

"No," Buffy replied. "You…you saved my life. I guess."

Spike shrugged. "Couldn't let you die like that. 'Sides, thought it might be fun, shagging the Slayer. Something to brag to the other vamps about over a pint of blood."

"You're a pig."

"So you've told me in the past, pet," Spike said with a smirk. He reached out, skimming a hand down her body. "Though you didn't seem to mind me so much tonight."

"Any man would've done. You were just…convenient," Buffy said flippantly, but Spike could see the desire still in her eyes. He reached down, slipping his fingers inside of her, moving slowly, in and out.

"Want another go, Slayer?"

Spike had fully expected Buffy to push him off of her, tell him he was disgusting, and quite possibly throw him in a vat of holy water. Instead, she grabbed him, kissing him hard. Spike moaned, his erection immediately standing at attention again. Buffy pushed him over on his back, then straddled his waist. She slid down slowly, subjecting him to the exquisite torture of being engulfed by her inch by inch. When she was almost to the hilt, she pulled up, only to slam back down, calling out his name as he filled her.

He watched in awe as she rode him, her long, blonde hair falling around her, begging Spike to run his fingers through it. He watched her every movement, unable to pull his gaze away from her even for a second. Before, it had been the effect of the Mauruk that had made her want him, but now, this seemed to be just Buffy, acting of her own free will. Could it be that the Slayer actually desired him? Spike was surprised at just how much his heard leapt at that thought.

Spike could tell he was close, so he reached down where their bodies were joined, rubbing her roughly with his thumb. Buffy let out a loud, keening yell and left long, red welts down his chest with her fingernails, as her inner muscles contracted around him. Spike let himself go with her, leaving finger-shaped bruises on her hips as he cried her name out into the night.

Buffy fell onto his chest, her body trembling. Spike grabbed a throw from the bottom of the bed with his feet and draped it around them, holding her close. He pressed a gentle kiss into her hair. "Are you all right now, Buffy?" he asked softly.

Buffy looked up sharply at him. "Why…why do you care?"

Spike stroked her cheek. She looked so young and fragile like this, and he realized with a shock it made him want to protect her, not hurt her. "I didn't want you to die."

Buffy could take his crude behavior, his threats and taunts. But this, this kindness and concern for her well-being… It wasn't something that was supposed to be coming from Spike. "Get out," she said, her eyes suddenly hardening.

Spike stiffened in surprise. "Buffy…"

Buffy pushed off of him, wrapping the throw tightly around her. "This doesn't change anything between us, Spike. I'm still the Slayer, and you're still an evil, disgusting thing. Get away from me. I don't want to be reminded of what I just had to do."

"Had to do?" Spike asked, getting up and putting his pants back on. "Maybe the first time was demon influence, Slayer, but that second time—that was all you. You wanted it, pet. You wanted me."

"Get out!" Buffy yelled.

Spike finished dressing. "Well, I can certainly see why no one ever sticks around for a repeat performance with you, Slayer," he sneered before leaving the room, slamming the door behind him. He heard something glass shatter against the door and knew she'd thrown something at his retreating form, but he didn't care.

Willow and Anya were sitting on the couch, looking up at him expectantly. "Is Buffy gonna be okay?" Willow asked.

"Yep. Back to her normal holier-than-thou self. Glad I could help with that."

"Sounded like fun from down here," Anya said.

"Yeah, well, I faked it," Spike snapped. "I'm going back to the whelp's basement."

"You're not really supposed to wander around on your own," Anya said.

"Then tag along, I don't bloody care," Spike replied. "But I'm certainly not staying here with the Slayer."

"You two can go," Willow said. "Buffy would probably rather Spike left now anyway." Spike scoffed at Willow's last statement, but didn't say anything.

"All right," Anya said, standing up. Spike started out the door. "Hey, wait for me!" she called, running after him.

Willow walked upstairs, knocking lightly on Buffy's door. "Hey, it's me…"

Buffy opened the door. She was dressed again, but disheveled. "Hey, Will."

"You okay?" Willow asked.

"Been better. But I'm not dead, so that's something—I guess. Did Spike leave?"

"Yeah, he and Anya went back to Xander's. It's just us. Do you need to talk?"

"There's not anything to say. I…I had to have sex with Spike."

"I know, Buffy. It must have been awful for you."

Buffy immediately flashed back to the mind-numbing pleasure she'd felt with Spike inside of her. "Yeah…awful. He'll probably never let me live it down and…oh god, what am I going to say to Riley?"

Willow frowned. "I'm sure Riley would understand. I mean, you had to, right? It's not like you had sex with him when you weren't under some freaky demon mojo."

Buffy paled slightly. "Yeah, I'm sure Riley will totally be understanding about the fact I had hot, passionate sex with a gorgeous vampire."

"It was hot and passionate?" Willow asked. "And you think Spike's gorgeous?"

"No! I mean, uh, that's what Riley will think. You know how guys are, always jumping to crazy conclusions."

"Uh huh."

"Look, I don't really want to talk about this. It happened, and there's nothing I can do about it now. I just want to go back to the dorm, go to sleep, and forget about the whole thing."

"Maybe you should stick around here for a bit. Giles and Xander aren't back yet, and…"

Downstairs, the front door opened. "We're back!" Xander called.

Buffy went downstairs, brushing past Willow. "Did you kill it?" she asked.

"Yes," Giles said. He took off his glasses before asking his next question. "How did, um, things go with Spike."

"Fine. I'm cured. Now let's never speak of it again."

"That's quite all right with me," Giles said. "Now if you don't mind, I'm going to, um, burn my sheets."

"Actually, we never bothered to get under the sheets," Buffy said. "So just the comforter…" She saw the look of horror on the faces of her Watcher and her friends. "I'm just gonna go back to the dorm. You coming, Will?"

"Yeah," Willow replied. "Let's go."

*** *** ***

Leave a review and let me know if I should keep going with this one!