CHAPTER #1

“WHAT? What, no no! PLEASE NO!” She says as tears run down her face.
“I’m sorry maam but we’re going to have to ask you to pack your bags. Social services is already waiting,” the cop says as he puts his hand on her shoulder. “Ok?”
She nods and slowly walks upstairs. She looks around and her heart brakes. The memories of her parents flash before her eyes. Then she collapses to her knees and brakes out in tears.
The cop picks her up, “Jo pack her stuff will you?” he says as he carries her to the car.

THE NEXT DAY

“Buffy? Buffy wake up!” the lady said shaking her awake. “We found you a place to stay.”
“Huh?” Buffy said as she got up.
“Listen I know this must be very hard for you right now. Losing your parents and all. And I’m sorry we can’t find you a better home but this is the best I can do.” “It (sigh), its ok just take me where ever,” she says standing up.
“Ok,” the lady says smiling.

Buffy steps out of the car. She looks up at the big aged house in front of her. The white paint on the walls was chipped off. The blue frames around the windows were cracked and broken.
She takes a deep breath as she walks toward the door. Then looks up and watches the lady, Emma ring the doorbell. Emma looks down at her with sympathetic eyes.
Then with a huge clunk. A fairly tall and skinny lady swings open the door.
“Oh! You must be the new one!” she says in a very loud, obnoxious voice. “Hi, I’m Clara, and this is your new home!”
Buffy smiles softly. “Thank you,” she says in a polite manor.
“This ones a sweet one. She’ll be good to work in the morning,” Clara says scanning Buffy.
“Oh, ya umm… be easy on her, she just lost her parents,” Emma asked as she looked up at Clara.
“Oh! Don’t worry we’ll take good care of her! Now get your stuff we’ll get ya settled in.”
Buffy waved good-bye to Emma, and slowly walked into the house. The sounds of children playing came from across the hallway.
“Have you eaten?” Clara asked. Buffy nodded her head. “Good. Now let me introduce you to the rest of the house hold. Children come to the living room!”
She watches as six other children ran in through the doorway. They all lined up in a single file.
Children I’d like you to meet our new edition. Buffy.”
“Hello Buffy.” They all yelled.
“Buffy is… how old are you Hun?”
“Sixteen!” Buffy answered.
“Well Buffy I’d like you to meet Xander he’s 14, Anya is 13, Jonathan is 14, Willow 15, Angel 15, and Cordelia is 16.”
“Ok children go to sleep. We start work bright and early tomorrow!”
Clara led Buffy downstairs into the basement. As they walk in see his sleeked back, blonde hair reflect the light from the T.V. and his blue eyes look timidly toward her.
“This is William you’re gonna have to bunk with him. Just to let you know he’s not very social. Here is your bed and here is your list of rules, the consequences are listed on the back,” she drops a huge packet of paper on the bed. Then walks over to a towel and some papers, “and here’s your towel you only get one every month. William will show you the rest. Won’t ya will?” William looks over glumly. Well wash up and go to sleep,” then she slams the door.
“Breath a fresh air ain’t she,” Will says sitting up and lighting a cigarette. Will takes a big hit and says, “Here are the rules in ears. “ Don’t touch anything, don’t speak unless spoken to, and do not complain.”
“Ok well you don’t mind if I hang the curtain up do you?”
“Do what you want just don’t bother me!”
“Um… Ok.” She hangs the curtain up. When she turns on the light he could still see her shadow. She starts to get undressed, and he can see the shape of her slender naked body. Then he clears his throat and quickly changes his attention toward the T.V. as she takes the curtain down. “Well, good night!”
“Night.’’ He said closing the window. He lied back down in his bed turning off his light.

“Wake up Buffy! It’s time to work,” Will says kicking her bed. “GET UP!”
“Ugh… what time is it?”
“6:00.”
“In the morning?”
“Yeah! Now come on it’s time to work!” He pulls her blanket off of her.
“Ok! Ok! I’m getting up just relax,” she says slowly reaching for her towel.
“Uh Uhh…” he smugly says waving his finger. “You don’t have time we have to leave in 15 minutes.”
“15 MINUTES?” she asked jumping out of her bed. “What do you mean 15 minutes,” she starts to get dressed. (Not realizing that Will was standing right there)
“15 minutes! I forgot to set the alarm,” he turned around and saw Buffy behind him changing, his face turned rose red. Then he turned around again.
They ran out of the room and into the bus parked outside. “Sorry we’re late,” Will said getting into the bus. Buffy followed.
“I saved you a seat next to me Will!” Will accepted with a half smile. You can tell Cordelia had a huge crush on Will.
Buffy looked around hopelessly at the seats around. She saw a seat all the way at the back of the bus and slowly walked there. She sat down feeling more left out then ever.
Angel who was a stunningly handsome guy, (You know those tall, dark, and handsome types) felt sorry for Buffy and walked to the back everyone stared at him, but no-one glared at him like Will did.
“Um… hey!” he says sitting down. “You don’t mind…”
“Oh! No of coarse not! Please sit down.”
“So where do you come from?” Angel says trying to get comfortable.
“Well I’m from here but I was born in Chicago.”