Sweet’s Return

Summary: takes place after Angel S5. Sweet’s back, and it’s all b/c of Buffy. He already has his ‘bride’ so he doesn’t take her, but lets her sort out her problems. Giles, who’s aware of Spike’s return, calls the vampire to Rome to help her out. Spike gets there and listens to Buffy from afar.

AN---songs by Michelle Branch and Jessica Simpson and Vertical Horizon

*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*

Buffy ran her hand along the smooth contours of the amulet. She smiled as she remembered the last time it had been in use. It had actually been fun to sing with all of her friends....despite the ‘almost dancing until I burned’ thing. And that kiss......

She shuddered at the memory of it. It had been the first, innocent start of what would almost destroy them.

But that kiss...

She shook her head and picked up the spellbook. “I summon he of music, he of clarity, to reveal what we keep deep inside, things we can no longer hide.....”

* * *

Spike groaned as the phone rang. Reaching over, he picked it up and growled out, “What.”

“Spike?” came the reply.

“Rupes?” he asked, sitting up and rubbing at his eyes. “What the bloody fuck’s up?”

“Well, since you asked so nicely,” Giles said dryly. “It’s about Buffy. Sh-”

“Buffy?” Spike suddenly felt awake. Perky, in fact. “What about her? She’s alright, isn’t she?”

“She’s-”

“She’s not in a hospital, is she?”

“If you’d let-”

“Because if she’s hurt, I swear to god I’ll kill her.”

“Yes, well. That wouldn’t accomplish much. Now, if you’d let me finish, I’ll tell you what she’s done. She is in no way hurt, but she has done something remarkably stupid.”

“Like The Immortal?”

“Oh, no. That was strictly business. She refused to date what she called ‘a sleazy, greasy, hair-slicked-back, perverted, gigolo’. And when Xander made a reference to her.....relationship with you, she slapped him clear across the face. Quite amusing, really.”

“I bet it was. Now, tell me what the bleeding chit’s done now.”

“Oh, yes. Well, it appears she has recovered Sweet’s medallion and has activated it. We need your help because we don’t know if Sweet will take her away as his bride or whether or not she’s safe. We also need you here....to, well.....stop her.”

“Stop her? From....what?”

“Herself. We don’t know what she’ll do this time around, Spike. But we need you here.”

Spike sighed. What was she thinking? Summoning Sweet? And where the bloody hell did she get that amulet back? He should just let her stay there and burn, like he was going to do last time.....

“What time do you want me there?”

*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*

AN---do ya like it? I wanna know if I should continue..........

REVIEW!!!!