Disclaimer: The characters belong to Joss and Mutant Enemy. I own nothing.

Buffy let me make love to her that night. The night she laid her mum to rest. She no longer wanted to be in the company of the scoobies and the little bit. This time she was seeking cold comfort. It was late. She must have waited until everyone had left or gone to sleep. She creped out her window like she use to when the burden of being the slayer was a big secret from Joyce.

There was sadness in her eyes. She was lost and what better place to be then in the arms of someone who knows about loss. I never seen that look before and I knew she was hurting. I reframed from my usual sarcasm and just watched her slowly start to descend to the lower level of my crypt. I did not say a word. The eye contact she was giving me spoke volumes and if my heart were beating, it would have jumped from my chest. I followed her.

Before I could speak, her mouth was on mine. I hesitated briefly unsure if this was really happening. God, I wanted her. She was so vulnerable, beautiful and here with me. I broke our kiss briefly to look into her eyes to make sure this was what she wanted. Her eye said many things but yes was the word I was searching for. I didn't want her to come to her senses suddenly and decide to stake me. For it was only three weeks ago that I professed my love for her and I was treated like a redheaded stepchild by her and the rest of the scoobies. Just because I did not have a soul did not mean I was incapable of love. Hell, vampires can love even in our own twisted way. I was in love with the same woman for over 100 years that had to count for something.

I tried to tell Buffy there was something between us. She never wanted to listen. The night when we talked about the Slayers I killed. I would catch her looking deep into my eyes. I could feel her heart rate speed up whenever we were in close proximity. I could smell her arousal whenever we "danced". I told her then she knew she wanted it. Sadly, I was beneath her. It was her way of denying what she was feeling.

Now we are in the darkness of my crypt with our bodies about to commit to the dance in the glow of candlelight shadows. I could feel the heat our closeness was generating and I could see the desire encircling our bodies as we continued our kissing as if the outside world no longer existed. I did not want to convince myself into thinking she suddenly had a change of heart. But just that she needed this one moment where she is not a slayer but a woman who wanted to feel something, anything or just forget the pain. And that I was no longer a monster to her but a man willing to give her what she needed if only for just one night.

Never one to disappoint, I held her in my arms like a newborn child. I wanted her to feel safe and protected from the outside world that was causing her so much grief if only for a few hours. I could feel our kisses deepening and becoming more frenzied and passionate as we fell slowly onto the bed like storybook lovers do. Our bodies fit together perfectly. I could feel her heart beating in my chest, her fingers threading through my hair, her lips sucking my tongue and her hands stroking my hardness. I could smell her arousal and feel her nipples penetrating through my t-shirt sending little shocks of ecstasy through my body. I wanted to take her hard and fast. But this was not a moment to be wasted on my hurried lust. For all I knew this will be the only opportunity she will grant me to ever be this close to her, to have her beneath me, surrounding me. I was in Heaven for the first time. You could not have asked for a better setting as the candles lit every available space as they surrounded my bed like a wagon trail in one of those old Western movies. Piece by piece we removed each other's clothing while kissing every inch of each other's exposed skin. She was absolutely stunning in her nakedness. Years of slaying had done her body good. She was firm yet soft in all the right places. I liked how her hair flowed to her shoulders and how her eyes sparkled and the beautiful cruvercher of her lips despite the puffiness due to our desperate kisses. I imagined she would feel like this. No wonder Angel lost his soul. Seeing her in the soft candlelight only made it more unbearable for me not to explode before bathing in her essence.

As she lay naked before me, I rubbed her quim in small circular motions, parting her lips as I slide my middle finger into her wetness. She was hot, ready and wanting me. I could no longer wait to enter her but first I had to taste her. Her juices flowed into my mouth like an ocean. I took my time exploring her depths with my tongue as I sucked on her clit until she came. I worked my way back to her mouth so she could also enjoy how wonderful she tasted. She hungrily accepted my offering of her juices like a thirsty man taking his first sip of water. I entered her deliberately slow. I felt her nails digging into my back as I moved inside her like a pendulum. I could feel her body shaking against mine as I swallowed her moans as she came again and again.

I was as gentle as a jackhammer and she greeted me with equal thrust. I worshiped her body with my tongue like a temple. There were no words to express how she was making me feel. I struggled not to come. But I lost the battle when she bit down on my jugular with blunt teeth. The smell of my own blood brought forth my demon, which in turn caused me to bite her on her breast in the heat of the moment. She had to have known this would happen as I drinked from her heaving breast and felt her hot come mix with my own orgasm. She held my head closely to her chest letting me know she was accepting the blood lust. She shuttered at the careful attention I lavished on her breast as I licked her wounds tenderly. What can I say the woman likes a bit of monster in her man.

I will never forget that night we shared even though she pretended it never happened. I had to return to my place as a vampire and she as the Slayer. We both assumed our roles and never spoke of that night. Our carnal hunger was an amazing document to our physical compatibility and that was enough for now.