AN---so this completely has a couple bad words in it but eh. w/e.

Disclaimer: I so totally did NOT make up the idea for this story. I got it from the challenge #2 thingy from www.spuffyonline.com/bscentral. GO THERE IT ROCKS. Also, bear with me if it sucks cuz I just totally got some minor burns all over my legs (BACON IS A DANGEROUS FOOD)

*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*

“Andrew, Xander, Dawn. Out.”

“But-”

“Now.”

The three didn’t dare to argue with the Slayer when she set anger filled cold eyes in their direction. Well, actually Andrew protested, but Dawn grabbed him by the short hairs of his neck and pulled him along, causing the boy to squeal in pain. Xander was the last one out, and he set sympathetic eyes in the direction of the bleached blond.

Buffy turned around, eyes no longer cold but filled with pain, and Spike gulped.

“You,” she began, in a shaky voice. “Are in Deep. Shit.”

*~::~*

Xander glued his ear to the door as soon as he closed it. He winced when he heard the tone that Buffy was using; he had been on the receiving end of one of THOSE rants before. Not fun.

“Xander!” hissed Dawn. “What the HELL are you doing?”

Xander pulled his ear away from the door guiltily and stood and said as he walked away from the door, “I know, I know. It’s not right....”

He stopped when he turned around and saw her pressed next to the door. “Cheater.”

*~::~*

“Luv...”

“Don’t you ‘luv’ me!” she snapped. “I don’t....I can’t believe this is happening! I mean, I come back from my date with Mr. Psycho Gigolo man who seriously needs to use less hair gel, and find out that my totally DEAD ex boyfriend is completely standing in my living room, chatting it up with my sister, a dork, and a slightly homosexual nerd! Now tell me what that’s about!”

“Xander’s homosexual?”

“I was talking about Andrew and don’t change the subject!” She lowered her voice to a dangerous level. “Tell. Me. Why.”

“Why what?”

“Why the HELL you didn’t tell me,” she whispered in such a voice that it might have well been a scream. “Tell me why you put me though months of mourning when you were out and freaking about in LA with Angel.”

“Because....I don’t know.”

*~::~*

“Oh, Spike,” Dawn whispered. “You are soooooo dead.” She pushed Xander’s arm away. “Stop pushing me!”

“Um,” came Andrew’s high pitched voice. “What are you doing?”

“Listening.”

“To what?”

“Buffy and Spike.”

“Ohh!” Andrew squealed.

“SHH!”

“Ohhh!” he whispered. “I wanna listen! Lemme listen!” He tried to push Xander away, but the brunette shoved him and he fell with an “OW!”

He got back up and laid his head on the floor so that he was able to see their feet.

“Like Han Solo and Leia,” he whispered.

Xander rolled his eyes and muttered, “Geek.”

*~::~*

“You don’t know?” she asked, incredulous. “Oh that’s great. Well, try to know, because I’m sick and tired of-”

“Oh of COURSE!” he snarled. “YOU’RE tired. Because it’s all about you, innit?”

She stiffened. “I don’t know what you mean.”

“Don’t you?” He studied her. “You think I died for YOU. You think I got my soul for YOU. You think I came back to see YOU. Well, Slayer. IT’S NOT ALWAYS FUCKING ABOUT YOU!”

She winced, and he knew that he had struck a nerve. “Have you EVER stopped to think about why else I would do those things? I got my soul, not just because I hated myself for what I did to you....but did you see the way Dawn looked at me after Anya and I...She looked at me with such hatred in her eyes I couldn’t stand it. I had to make it up to her. And yeah, I wanted to make it up to you. But not just you. There are other people in this stupid little town that I care about. As for the death? Not just for you. For Dawn and the Whelp and every person in the world who deserved a chance to live. No, I didn’t want you to die, but do you think that I didn’t care about what happened to everyone else?” She remained silent and he shook his head, turning away from her. “You really do think I did all this for only you, don’t you? Well guess what, Buffy? I came here to meet up with my old friend, the master of womanizing and torture. I think you might know him. He’s your bloody boyfriend. That’s right. You think The Immortal cares about you the way I did? You think he loves you the way I did? You think you’re more than a piece of ass to him? You’re wrong on all three accounts, Buffy. He’s using you. Why can’t you-” he turned back around and saw her sitting on the mussed up couch, hands over her face, and shoulders slumped. “What now?” he sighed.

She looked up at him with tear filled, bloodshot eyes, and whispered, “As in...past tense?”

“What?”

“You asked if I thought he loved me the way you ‘did’.” She looked down at her hands. “As in past tense. As in.....not anymore.”

*~::~*

“Oh, Spike....” Dawn whispered. “You are so screwed.”

“What?!” Xander asked, pushing her away and gluing his ear to the door in time to hear Buffy’s whispered question. He whistled low. “Oh yeah. He’s totally screwed.”

“What?!” whined Andrew, trying (and failing) to get Xander away. “Lemme listen!”

Instead of Andrew getting Xander away, it was Dawn who pushed them both away and took her place by the door once again.

*~::~*

Spike’s eyes softened and he sat down next to her but made no move to touch her. “Why do you have to do that?” he asked softly. “Why do you always have to turn those big, beautiful eyes in my direction and make me feel so horrible?”

“I......I don’t mean to...” she whispered.

“I KNOW you don’t mean to. But sweetheart....it’s more complicated than that. The me loving you thing. And I do....love you, I mean. I’ve tried to stop, believe me. Tried to let you move on, but I can’t. Buffy, I just can’t. You’re my bleeding life ...I love you so much.”

“Then why...”

“Why what, babe?”

“Why did you say....IT?”

“‘IT’?”

“You know....when I told you I loved you, you were all ‘No you don’t but thanks for saying it’. Why did you say that?”

*~::~*

“Xander stop shoving me!”

“I will if you get out of my wa—OW! Andrew, if you pull my hair ever again-”

“OW! You pinched me!”

“You deserved it!”

“Dawn, Andrew! Shut up and leave so I can listen!”

Andrew, growing tired of not being able to hear what was going on in the other room, got an idea. He grabbed Dawn by her shoulders, hauled her up and kissed her hard on the lips. Dawn’s hands rested on his chest, and shoved him away, covering her mouth with her hand. “BLECH!” she retched. “I think I’ m gonna puke!” She ran off to the bathroom, leaving a happy Andrew and a slightly green Xander behind.

Raising an eyebrow in a manner that he hoped look like Spike, Andrew said, “You want one, too?”

Xander turned even greener and ran off, leaving a smug Andrew to eavesdrop on the conversation.

*~::~*

“Luv, I was about to die. Thought you were being sympathetic.”

“Sympathetic?” she whispered. “Is that all I was to you? Pitying?”

“No, luv,” he said. “Sometimes it seemed like you actually cared.”

“But I did!” she exclaimed. “And I do! I care about you so much it hurts.” Her head dropped back into her hands. “Why don’t you believe me?”

“Sweetheart,” he said, wrapping his arms around her and kissing the top of her head. “I’m so sorry, baby. I’m so sorry. I love you so very much.”

Looking up at him, one tear slipping down her face, she said, “I love you, too.”

He smiled, his eyes lighting up and he brushed away her tear. “Say it again,” he whispered.

Scooting closer she whispered, “I love you.”

“Again.”

“I love you.” She cupped his face in her hands, stroking his cheeks with her thumbs. “So very, very much.” And her lips met his.

*~::~*

Andrew’s eyes widened when he saw them kiss, and couldn’t help but let out a little squeak of happiness and jealousy.

*~::~*

Buffy broke away from Spike at the sound of the small noise. Standing up, she pulled him towards the door where she had forced Dawn, Xander and Andrew to wait outside of. Placing her finger in front of her lips in a gesture of telling him to be quiet, she slipped quickly towards the door. “One....two...three!” She pulled the door open, and Andrew fell into the room. He raised his head to look at the two blondes, one amused and the other slightly pissed off.

“Um....what’s up?” he asked nervously. Buffy rolled her eyes and dragged Spike off to the bedroom, muttering about stupid eavesdroppers.

Andrew’s indignant “What?!” was the last thing they heard before they closed the bedroom door.

They didn’t hear the others walk back in and talk to the little boy.

They were too caught up in each other.

***
Together.

Finally.

Forever.
*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*


PLEASE REVIEW