Chapter 1

Willow Rosenberg walked into the cafeteria of Sunnydale High School. She walked towards the usual table, carefully balancing her tray of food in one hand and notebooks in the other. She had almost reached her destination when she was intercepted by Cordelia Chase.
“Excuse me. You’re blocking my path, geek.” Cordelia told her.
“Uh, sorry.” Willow stammered, moving to the side to go past her, just as Harmony Kendall stepped up.
“Now you’re in my way.” Harmony said.
“Oops!” Cordelia yelled, as she shoved Willow to the floor, spilling her food all over her clothes.
The cafeteria erupted into laughter. Cordelia and Harmony grinned.
“You should really be more careful.” Cordelia said, innocently.
Willow sat there, unmoving, until she heard two voices.
“Willow!” Xander Harris called, running over.
“Are you ok?” Tara Maclay asked her.
They helped Willow to her feet and led her out of the cafeteria.
“I-I’m gonna go.” Willow said, tears forming in her eyes.
“Are you sure?” Xander asked her.
“Yeah. I’m just gonna go home.”
“We could walk with you.” Tara suggested.
“No. I’ll be ok. I just need to go cry now. And maybe bury my head in a hole. I’ll talk to you guys tomorrow.”
“Ok. Bye Will.” Xander said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.
Willow turned around and began to slowly walk home.
~*~*~*~*~*~
“Willow! Honey, can you come downstairs for a minute?” Mrs. Rosenberg yelled.
Willow walked down the stairs and went into the living room. She sat down in a chair across from her father, who was reading the paper.
“Yeah, mom?”
“Your father and I want to talk to you.”
“Oh gosh! What happened? Did someone die?” Willow asked, slowly panicking, and her voice rising.
“No, no, no! It’s not bad.” Mrs. Rosenberg told her.
“Oh good. Well, what is it?” Willow asked, voice returning to normal.
“You remember your aunt and cousins from LA?”
Willow nodded.
“Well, they are going to be moving in with us. Your aunt just got a divorce, and they are going through a tough time right now. So, they are going to be living with us until they can get a new house. Your cousins will be going to the high school with you starting Monday.”
“Oh my gosh! Really? When are they coming?” Willow asked, bouncing up and down in her seat.
“This weekend. They will be here at six tomorrow night. I expect you to be here to help out.”
“I will!” Willow told her, bouncing up the stairs to clean her room.
~*~*~*~*~*~
The next day, Willow walked home with Xander after seeing Tara home.
“So, they’re moving in with you?” Xander asked.
“Yep. And they’re going to start school with us on Monday.” Willow said, grinning.
“So, is these are the same cousins we played with when we were five?” Xander asked.
“Yep. Gosh, I haven’t seen them in almost a year.” Willow said.
“Well, I haven’t seen them since your fifteenth birthday party.” Xander said.
“I wonder how much they’ve changed.”
“I guess you’ll find out tonight.” Xander said.
~*~*~*~*~*~
It was six o’clock. Willow waited in the living room, fidgeting nervously. She heard a car horn and stood up, running to the front door. A black SUV pulled into the driveway. Willow called to her parents, and ran outside to stand on the front porch.
A woman with sandy brown hair got out of the driver’s side. She leaned over into the car again, obviously talking to someone. She stood up again and shut the door, shaking her head. A boy jumped out of the back, a grin on his face. A girl with blond hair got out of the car, scowling.
Willow watched as the woman and the girl argued. She couldn’t hear what they were saying, but it probably wasn’t good.
‘This is going to be interesting.’ Willow thought.