disclaimer: not mine. need i say more?
feedback: does the heart good

*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*

Buffy wiped the pot with a paper towel and put it on the counter next to all the other drying objects. Picking up a spoon, she began to scrub at it, trying to get the day old oatmeal to scrape off.

Reminded of just WHO made the damn spoon all crappy, tears came to her eyes and her movements became harsher. The hot, salty liquid spilt from her green orbs, and, no matter how desperately they tried to hold it back, a sob escaped her throat.

Turning on the faucet, she placed the spoon under the hot water and waited for it to 'melt' away. She buried her face in her hands, trying to collect her emotions. She took a few deep breaths, and turned her attention back to the spoon.

This time, when she thought of who made the spoon funky with oatmeal, she smiled softly and began to lovingly caress it.

Sighing, she put it in the diswasher. Starting the thing up, she leaned against the counter, hands behind her.

"Mommy?"

She opened her eyes and stared into the gorgeous blue eyes of her 18 month old baby boy.

"Yes, baby?"

"Teef." He opened his mouth to show her the few pearly whites he had. "Bwush."

She smiled. "Ok. Do you want Spongebob or Superman toothpaste?"

Her little boy puffed up his chest. "Supperman, so's I can be a hero like Daddy." Buffy knelt beside him and ruffled his hair. His answer was the same as always....always wanting to be like his father.

She had told him (minus all the gore) several times about why his daddy wasn't around. He had decided that he wanted to be just like him.....the man he never knew. But he was a hero, and that was all that mattered.

"Ok. Let's get you ready for bed, ok Super William?"

"Kay."

*~::~*

Spike sat in the lunchroom of Wolfram and Hart, twirling a spoon back and forth in his hand. He had come down for a midnight snack, and the object had caught his eye and he'd gotten the sudden urge to pick it up. Where the thought had come from, he didn't know.

"Spike?" It was Angel. "What are you doing?"

The blond was silent for a few seconds before he asked, "Who do dyou like better? Spongebob or Superman?"

*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*

AN---i'm thinking of adding onto it. I dunno.
also, i goofed!! this is a changed version, cuz i wrote ''18 year old'' by accident. i had made it ''2 year old'' before, but changed it. whoops!!
but that's wat you're gonna get from a 13 year old.

review please