Title: Once In A Life Time

Author: Magan

Disclaimer: Own none of the ME characters. All other characters owned by me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue
Early one Monday morning, a young blonde was in a hurry to leave for an appointment, when she carelessly bumped into a young man. Neither one had been paying much attention to their surrounds. As the young woman bent down to retrieve her things, they touched hands, instantly electricity went through each of their bodies. They had the sudden urge to look in each others eyes. Slowly, the young man and woman rise to their feet, their eyes met instantly. They hadn’t even heard the cars go by, or even feel people bump into them. All time stopped for both of them. Nothing else mattered, except that moment.

Oh my god, this man is so beautiful. Chiseled cheek bones. His hair is blonde and curly. What I wouldn’t give to run my fingers through his hair. Blue eyes that you could practically swim in. He’s totally hot. I wonder if....Stop!

This is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. Her hair...so blonde. Her eyes so green. She looks so amazing. I wonder what she’d look like without...Damn it; stop now before you get yourself all worked up. As if that was any more possible. You may never meet her again, unless you do something about it. Ask her out, man, do it. Do it!

He soon realized that he was staring at her.

When she realized she had been staring, she quickly looked away. He could tell how much she was affected by him.

“I’m so sorry.” The young woman finally spoke.

Her voice sent goose bumps up his arms and a shiver down his back. She was lovely. He wanted to get to know her more.

“No, no, it my fault. I wasn’t looking. Please forgive me, madam.” He softly grabbed for her hand and kissed the inside of her palm. The blonde woman thought she’d go weak in the knees. He just smiled, which made her blush.

That accent! Oh that voice sends shivers up my spin. I’ve got to get to know him somehow. I can’t let him walk out of my life.

“Would you mind getting a spot of tea with me?? I know this really great coffee shop on Third.”

“I would really love to, but I’ve got an appointment, I can’t miss. A new shipment has come in at an antique store and I’ve got to check the authenticity of them.”

“Well, then rain check?” He hoped that she would accept. He really wanted to see her again, and soon. He didn’t know how he could let this Angel go.

“Sure.” She grabbed a business card out of her briefcase, and handed it over to him.

“Elizabeth Anne Summers, it was lovely to meet you.” He looked up from the card and gave her a brilliant smile.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Buffy stopped, not sure what to call him.

He realized she wanted to know his name. “It’s William Preston, but my friends call me Spike.” Oh my god. She’s so beautiful. I can’t let her slip through my fingers. Not this time.

“It was nice to meet you William.” She looked at her watch. “Oh, I must go. Please forgive me.” She hurried on her way, leaving him behind. He thought that was the last time he’d ever see the beautiful goddess. He stood there for the longest time watching her run away.

The young man placed the card into his pocket, and went into the bookstore.

***
She turned the corner on Martin Ave. She leaned up against the building, sighed deeply.

“Oh. My. God,” She said out loud. “What a god! He was so beautiful. I hope we can meet up again.” She smiled, as a cab went by off to her left. “TAXI!” She yelled, running toward the cab. It stopped; she opened the door, and looked back at the book store, smiled and went on with her day.

***
The young man walked out of the bookstore, pleased with his purchase, and placed his receipt into the pocket inside his jacket; not realizing the business card fell onto the ground. He hailed a cab and he was gone.
***