Disclaimer; Don’t own a thing
Timeline: Post Damage of Angel season 5. Just a drabble….
How did The Immortal suddenly fit into the buffyverse?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spike touched the scars of the wounds softly around his wrist as Fred finished unwrapping them. He had those things on for a week and couldn’t do anything as minor as flip the channel on the telly to Passions.

“So,” Fred smiled at his reaction, “You enjoying having your hands back?” Spike glanced at her and kept on moving his fingers as if he had never seen them before.

“Sometimes I forget to say thanks for what I’m given,” Spike thought out loud as he climbed off the stretcher where he had been laying in for what felt like forever. Fred pulled the curtains around him as the vampire changed back to his usual black t-shirt and jeans. Not having hands for a week had let him had a few moments of clarity during his time in the hospital ward of Wolfram and Hart. He tried not to think of her, he did, but he just couldn’t. The familiar feeling of drowning in her once again washed up on him, he had to admit, nobody can replace that hole that’s there. While laying in bed, he also realized that he was almost pulling an Angel by not telling her he’s back. After all, wasn’t most of the their relationship just being there for each other and communication? Bugger he thought, I am not brooding.

For the first time, he noticed that his legs had carried him to his car parked in the evil lawfirm’s underground parking. Guess they missed being ‘home’ as much as he did.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spike opened the door the small apartment without windows and shut it closely behind him. He turned to his fridge and grabbed a bottle of beer from it. The vampire closed the door and looked at the pictures he sketched on it. Her beauty had mesmerized him once again, it felt like everytime he looked at them, the prettier she got. That’s when he made up his mind, he had to find her

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

His swallowed nervously as he packed all his clothes into a small suitcase and looked back at his room one more times. The small voice inside him told him to let go and he did as he locked the door. He boarded the plane easily, not as a passenger but inside a crate marked for Italy. His demon buddies he played poker with had told him about the slayer being there. He had marked himself down as ‘archeological find’ so they wouldn’t suspect anything. Spike slept for most of the way before he felt night fall as the plane landed. He silently slipped outside of the box as he saw the men had started to unload the luggage from his area. Spike melted into the shadows as he watched the men pass him and not notice him there. With vampire speed, he sped out of small area and jumped into the back of a leaving luggage truck that let eventually let him escape inside a small fire exit. After using his vampire skills, he finally located the lobby of a terminal and slipping silently in to blend as much as he could. Now it was to bar hop, and hopefully find out what area the slayer lived in.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spike threw the demon against the brick wall of the bar, cracking its neck in the process and just leaving the lifeless body in its own blood. Bar after bar, Spike had killed demons hunting for humans and ones that had dared pick a fight with him but he still had little information about Buffy. He made up his mind that he would try one last bar.

He made a grand entrance by slamming the door of the smoke filled bar and collecting all eyes on him. It felt like Willy’s all over again as the demons growled as they recognized him. They had heard enough stories from Sunnydale and LA to make their cold blood boil. One of the green, scaly demons lunged at Spike without warning but the master vampire sidestepped him elegantly.

“Obviously, my friend,” Spike smirked, “Your ma’s never taught you manners when you were a wee little demon.” The green thing lunged at him again as Spike ducked under his big arm and bent it back towards his back. The demon cried out in pain as Spike finally kneed it in the stomach and tossed him across the room easily. “m not here to pick a fight, just tell me where the slayer lives and I’ll leave.”

“No need to ask them, just ask me.” Spike’s eyes traveled to the familiar voice beside the door as he hears his William side start describing her beauty. “We have to talk Spike,” She said softly as she looked at the ground before looking at him again. He looked shocked as his lips were half open, just looking at her. Buffy led the way as she pushed the door open and Spike followed her out.

Once they were outside, the courage they had a few seconds ago seemed to vanish from them. Spike stared at his boots nervously, noting he had to get some demon goo off in his mind as Buffy just bit her lip. Neither of them knew who should start this conversation. Spike was still a little surprised that Buffy wasn’t shocked to see him in flesh. Maybe she’s moved on…she doesn’t have to wait for you his mind thought as he couldn’t reach her eyes, or this is a bloody dream, choose…

“Spike,” She barely whispered as she closed the distance between them.

“Aren’t you surprised?” He asked as he looked into her hazel eyes, “not even a bit?”

“Willow, she’s a goddess now…she told me….” Buffy said softly as a hand reached out to touch his cheek, making sure she wasn’t dreaming like that many times she did. “She felt the balance go all wonky cause you came back…” Spike swallowed as he wrapped his fingers around hers and just held them as he remembered the feeling of her hands in his once again.

“Its been so long,” He replied softly, “Too long…I’m sorry.”

Buffy looked confused, “For what?” She asked as she swallowed nervously. She’d never felt this way in a few months, this amount of joy and love at the same time.

“For not coming right away,” Spike replied as he brushed aside a stray piece of hair on her face. “ I was confused, I didn’t know how to react to…those words…I still don’t.” He looked down shyly.

A hint of a smile was on her lips as he looked at her, his blue eyes yearning for an answer. “I love you, Spike.” She replied, “Nothings changed…and I hope nothing will.” He smiled as he finally closed the remaining distance between them and leaned in, giving her a soft kiss before it turned passionate.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spike laid awake in bed as he stared at the ceiling. He didn’t want Angel knowing about this, it would cause too many ruckuses in their relationship, and they definitely did not need that for now. He felt her shift beside him in bed as she draped her arm on his bare chest. How can he get Angel not to notice that he’s not there? An idea popped into his head as Buffy sighed happily before opening her sleepy eyes.

“What’s wrong?” She asked as she snuggled closer to him.

“Buffy, Angel will notice if I’m gone for too bloody long…” Spike said as he turned to look at her, “I have a plan…but I’m not sure if you’ll like it..” Spike told her the rest of his idea as he felt some other part of him wake up. She agreed to it, but they’ll need to call for some help first.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

“You need a what?” Mirvin asked, shocked. He was the new tech guy that the Watchers Council had hired to look after the slayers.

“I need you to build a Spike-bot…” Buffy repeated slowly again, hoping he would get it. The man in his 20s looked at her funny before tapping the pen on his desk, deep in thought.

“I don’t have the right wiring, programming and all that jazz…” he finally replied as he ran his hand through his long blond hair tied in a ponytail.

“Oh its ok,” Buffy said smoothly before sticking her head out the hall way, “Bring her in!” She shouted as Spike carried the old Buffy bot in like a surfboard. He placed her beside the real slayer and compared in his mind, the real one was so much more...beautiful. “We had to put her back together after a group of demons destroyed her… but you can reuse all that stuff in it, and just get a new mold made of Spike… you know, reuse, reduce, recycle.”

Mirvin stood up and circled the robot, “A pure genius….” He looked nervous “I’ll work with it… should be ready…. In a few days.”

“Oh,” Spike said as he ran outside and brought briefcase back in, “And here’s my personal history, my usual wording and one set of my clothes…. And can you not make it so bloody blunt like the original was?”

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Buffy sat on Spike’s lap as she opened the atlas and caught him up on where everyone was. Giles, Andrew and Dawn were in England, Xander was in South Africa, Gunn and Faith were in Japan while Willow and Kennedy were enjoying the sun in Brazil. She sighed as she remembered the days back in Sunnydale, all of them gathering at her house to have scoobies night…or more commonly, fight evil.

“Luv,” Spike spoke up, “You know that if the Spike-bot ever comes to Italy, we’re doomed right?”

“Well, we can rename you…” Buffy said as she ran her finger up and down his chest.

Spike’s forehead scrunched up, “I like my name thank you very much!” He said, before leaning into her ear, “Specially like it when you scream it…” Buffy just whacked him playfully on the chest.

“Is there some myth or legend we can nickname you after?” She asked as she leaned on his shoulder, “You know, an almighty vampire thing….” Spike’s brain worked slowly before he remembered a certain vampire.

“The Immortal,” He suddenly said, “Stole Dru and Darla once, before they realized that he was just another poser calling himself the Immortal….”

“Then ‘the Immortal’ you are,” Buffy said as she snuggled up to him, enjoying the feeling of him just being there. His presence just calmed her nerves and always did, even when he was souless. She was just too much of a bitch to admit it. “And don’t worry, I’ll still be screaming your name when….” The rest of the sentence was cut off as Spike put his lips on hers. Both of them knew that this was no short fling.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Probably the most simple fic I have written in my life but it gets to the point, How was the Immortal suddenly in the Buffyverse? Guess my take can be one story

Please read and review!
THE END