"Crush" was one of my favorite episodes in Season 5 and I decided to write another version of it. Of course, mine is a bit nicer and not at all how it was in the show. Which could be a good thing when you think about it=)


Chapter 1

Buffy was patrolling one night and she was very bored. She was happy that her mom seemed to be doing better, but she was also scared. She knew all too well that whenever something good happens, something bad would soon happen after it. That was how her life worked. She was the Slayer after all. She didn't know what to do about Glory. She knew that she was dealing with a very powerful God and didn't know how to stop her, she was incredibly strong. Buffy knew that no matter what, she wouldn't let Glory touch Dawn. She may be a mystical Key, but she was still her sister and she would do whatever she could to protect her. Buffy kept walking in the cemetery and she wasn't watching where she was going when she tripped over a tombstone and fell on her back. "Ow, that was stupid." She mumbled to herself when she heard footsteps coming toward her.

"You alright, pet?" She looked up to see Spike standing before her.

"Yeah, just fine. This is what happens when I think too much while I'm walking. No good can come from thinking." He smiled at her and put his hand out to help her up. She looked at his hand for a second and then grabbed it and he pulled her up. "Okay, I will definitely be feeling that in the morning." She said as she touched her aching back. "I'm getting too old for this." Spike laughed at her.

"Yeah, when you turn 20 it all goes downhill from there." He told her and Buffy glared at him.

"What are you doing out here?" Spike shrugged, he didn't want her to know that he was following her.

"Same thing as you I suppose, looking for something to kill." Buffy nodded and started to head home, it was a slow night anyway. Spike watched her walk away and then followed after her. "So, how's your mum doing?" He asked her and Buffy didn't even look at him.

"She's doing better. I just can't help this bad feeling that I have though, that things are about to get worse." Spike nodded.

"Well, I guess that's the Hellmouth for you." Buffy shook her head.

"This isn’t a supernatural feeling. I don't know what it is, but I have Glory to deal with right now. She has to be my main priority; I can't let her find out about Dawn. I mean you saw her, she's a God and I'm just the Slayer. I don't even think I would be able to take her. She's managed to kick my ass every time we've crossed paths." Spike shook his head also.

"She's nothing compared to you, Buffy. You'll defeat her like you have everything else. It's what you do." Buffy nodded and didn't say anything. Spike just kept on surprising her, lately he has been acting different around her and her friends and she didn't know why. He has been helping them out and being nicer than usual. She wanted to ask him about it, but didn't know what she would say. She didn't mind though, having him on their side instead of against them really came in handy sometimes and Buffy knew how much he cared about her sister and would do anything to protect her just like she would. It felt really good having someone else on her side that could hold their own in a fight. "How's your back?" Buffy broke away from her thoughts to look at him when he spoke again.

"Oh, it's nothing. It'll just feel like a major bitch tomorrow." She said as they got to her house. It was late so she knew that her mother and Dawn would already be asleep. She turned to look back at Spike with a shy look on her face. "Do you think you could help me up the stairs?" Spike smiled at her and nodded as they walked into the house and towards the stairs. Buffy knew that she would have been able to walk up them by herself because she really wasn't in that much pain, but for some reason she didn't want him to leave yet. He helped her up the stairs and into her room. She lay down on her bed and rested her eyes. She forgot that Spike was in the room for a second there. He walked over to her and covered her up with a blanket. She turned over to get more comfortable and soon fell asleep. She must have been pretty tired. Spike figured it was safe and brushed some hair off of her face so he could look at her better. She looked like an angel sleeping and if Spike had breath it would catch in his throat at how beautiful she was. He knew that she was strong and could take care of herself, but he wanted to protect her from everything. He bent down to place a kiss on her forehead and whispered in her ear.

"I love you, Buffy." He left out her window and jumped down to the ground. He looked up at her window one last time and then headed back to his crypt. In her room, Buffy opened her eyes after Spike left. She heard what he said and didn't know what to think about that as she managed to fall back asleep.