Author's Chapter Notes:
Confusing at the beginning but stick with me. This story also contains a W/A relationship.
“Why did you do it Will?” asked a very mad and very naked Slayer. Buffy quickly ran to her closet to get something that would give her some kind of coverage.

“I just wanted to get through the pain. I would have never thought it would end up like this.” Willow said softly trying to hold in her tears. She quickly pulled her robe tighter around her body as if she were trying to disappear.

“Will, you’re my friend and I love you. All you had to do was come and talk to me. I know how hard it is to lose your first love,” said as she went to hug and comfort Willow. Buffy was torn. She knew she should be furious and should refuse to speak to Willow ever again, but they had been through a lot together and she was always one to forgive and forget when it came to her best friends.

Both girls sank to the floor and leaned against the door of the dorm room. Minutes ticked by in awkward silence, both thinking about what they should do about the situation at hand.

“So...how about we forget this ever happened?”

“I know we could, but what about the others? They might not be so willing. I mean until now I haven’t thought about how they might react.”

“I could do a forgetting spell. No memory, no angst right.” Willow said to try to lighten the mood.

“I don’t know if you should be doing magick right now. I forgive you but I don’t want to be on the receiving end of any of your spells right now.” she said with a smile.

“I know what you mean I don’t feel like doing any right now either. I was just trying to get us out of this mess. I mean we did always say that we were cursed when it came to relationships. I think I just dug our hole a little deeper.” The guilty vibes were rolling off her in waves.

“I know that relationships have never been our strong point, but maybe....”

Willow gave her a look of confusion and fear. “ But maybe what?”

“Maybe this is based on feelings that already existed.”

“What!? No,no,no. I don’t...I mean....you don’t, do you?” She was trying to comprehend what her best friend was saying.

“I don’t know. maybe. I mean there has always been a spark between us. Then you did the spell yesterday and we finally realized our feelings... I felt complete. Now I feel like I’ve lost a piece of my heart.” Tears had started to fall but she knew that if she held them in it would only be worse later.
“I know what you mean. I didn’t feel spark though. I felt admiration. We admired each other. Now I feel lost and confused without that bond we had yesterday.” Willow cried along with Buffy.

Willow thought for a few seconds before asking Buffy a question that would change their lives.

“Do you think you could love...”

“yeah, I think so” Buffy interrupted knowing that the question was going to get asked eventually. “me too.” Willow confirmed.

Both girls rose from their spot on the floor and hugged. Now that they had talked and knew how each other felt, they knew their friendship could survive this strange situation.

“We should go get breakfast after we ...”

“Explain what the hell happened to us, luv?” finished her statement.