Author's Chapter Notes:
I was watching “The Harsh Light of Day” a little while ago and thought that I would change the ending. Don’t we all agree that Spike should have kept the ring? Well, in my version he’s a nicer Spike. So, it’s all good. It’s just another short ficlet because I really wasn’t gonna do much with it. Just a little Spuffy goodness I thought of. I hope everyone would like it and you know the drill. I’ll take feedback of any kind=)
Buffy felt hurt as she watched Parker walk away. She couldn’t understand what she did wrong, but she didn’t have much time to think about it when she heard the familiar voice behind her.

“Bloody stupid git.”

She didn’t even bother to turn around as Spike moved closer to her.

“That’s the thing about college boys. They never know what they have, even when it’s staring them right in the face.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest as she continued to stare at the spot where Parker was once standing. She addressed Spike, still not looking at him. “It was my fault. I must have done something wrong.”

Spike grew angry as he grabbed Buffy and turned her around, so she was finally staring at him. “You did nothing wrong, you hear me? He was an idiot and you deserve better than that.”

Buffy was surprised at what her supposed enemy was saying. She felt tears in her eyes and tried not to let them fall. She then noticed that they were both standing in the sunlight, realizing that he must have found the gem. She didn’t even feel scared at that knowledge. “You look good in the sun. A little pale, but that’s nothing new.”

Spike smiled, realizing himself that he was standing with her in the sunlight. It slipped his mind for a moment.

“So, I see you found the gem,” she said, stating the obvious.

He nodded, raising his hand to show her the ring. “Yeah, it’s a lot smaller than I thought it would be.” He moved closer to her.

Buffy didn’t even step away from him.

“Do you want to know why I came back here, Slayer? It wasn’t just for the gem.”

She figured what was coming, but she really wasn’t in the mood for a fight. “Why don’t you enlighten me?”

Spike brushed some hair off of her neck and moved toward her ear. “I came for you,” he whispered.

Buffy felt shivers down her spine.

He moved away from her, the smile still on his face.

“So, is that it? You finally come to kill me? I guess now that you have that gem, you might have a bigger chance.”

Spike laughed and shook his head. “I didn’t come here to kill you, Buffy. Quite the opposite actually.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows, not used to him saying her name. “What are you talking about?”

Spike moved closer to her again and caressed her cheek. “I couldn’t get Drusilla back, but I really can’t seem to care about it. I realized that I wanted someone else.”

Buffy was even more confused now. “What are you getting at, Spike?”

He rolled his eyes, knowing that he would have to be a little clearer with her. “This is what I came here for.” He grabbed her around the waist and crashed his lips to hers.

Buffy was surprised again and soon found herself returning the intense kiss. She has never been kissed like that before.

He pulled her bottom lip into his mouth and sucked on it.

They were like that until Buffy needed to breathe. She pulled away, trying to catch her breath.

“What are you doing?” she whispered, hating herself for how weak she sounded.

Spike tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “I’m doing what I’ve wanted to do since I first saw you,” he responded and started to kiss her again.

Buffy did nothing to stop him.

He broke away after what felt like an eternity. “Let’s get out of here.” He grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the college.

“Where are we going?”

“I have a place around here. I thought we should finish this in private. That is, if you want to,” he said, hoping that she would agree to going with him.

She only smiled. “Yeah, sounds good.”

Spike returned her smile as they continued to walk to their destination.


* * * * *


They arrived at his apartment a little while later and Buffy was looking around. It wasn’t a lot of space, but it was definitely Spike.

“When did you get this place?” she wondered.

“I saved the life of the woman who owns the building a couple of years ago. She lets me stay here whenever I’m in town.”

Buffy was definitely shocked by that. She also wondered how long he would be sticking around this time, but she didn’t want to think about it. “You saved someone’s life when you were evil?”

“I still am evil, love.”

Buffy nodded. “Right, of course.”

Spike shrugged off the comment. “Wasn’t a big deal. It was when Angelus thought I was still stuck in the wheelchair. I would always hear him and Dru shagging in the room next to mine. I couldn’t deal with it, so I would go out every night. I never hunted, just walked around and that’s when I came across these fledglings attacking an old woman. So, I decided to help her out.”

Buffy gave him a smile when he finished. “If I didn’t know any better, I would say that you were going soft.”

Spike glared at her. “I’m not going bloody soft. You take that back, Slayer.”

Buffy laughed and shook her head. She calmed down after a moment. “So, where’s your room?” she asked, changing the subject.

Spike suddenly felt nervous. He didn’t even understand why. He just led her over to his room.

She saw that he had a nice, huge bed with black sheets. Like that was a surprise. She then suddenly started to feel nervous as well.

Spike could sense the change in her demeanor and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Not having second thoughts, are you?”

Buffy took a deep breath, shaking her head as she gazed at him. “No, I want to do this.”

Spike grabbed her hand, pulling her over to the bed as they both sat down. “Don’t worry, pet. I’ll make it good for you.”

Buffy nodded and lay down.

Spike took his clothes off and then helped her do the same with hers. Their clothes were soon on the floor as Spike positioned himself on top of Buffy. He looked into her eyes to make sure that this was what she really wanted. The look she gave him said it all and he slowly slid into her.

She closed her eyes at the feel of him and let out a moan.

“No, open your eyes,” he whispered to her.

She opened her eyes to stare right into his.

Spike started to move within her. He kissed her pouty lips and slipped his tongue into her mouth; he was rewarded by Buffy massaging his tongue with hers. Spike couldn’t remember anything ever feeling so good. He made his thrusts faster and tried to make it last for as long as he could, but he could tell that she was close. Her muscles squeezed him and he knew that he wouldn’t be able to hold out much longer.

They were both soon brought to release as they tried to catch their breaths, one who really didn’t need to.

Spike slowly pulled out of her and lay by her side, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her closer to him. He could tell that Buffy was starting to doze off. He kissed her on the top of her head and soon dozed off with her.


* * * * *


Buffy woke up the next day feeling better than she has in a while as she thought about what happened the night before. She then grew scared as she looked next to her to see that Spike was still there and staring right at her. She sighed in relief.

“You’re still here.”

Spike wasn‘t expecting her to say that. “Well, yeah. Where else would I be?”

Buffy shrugged, feeling embarrassed as she looked away from him. “It’s just that I always seem to wake up alone.”

He gave her a kiss on the lips to assure her that he wasn’t going anywhere. “I’m right here, love. It’ll take a lot to get me out of this bed.”

Buffy smiled at him. Her smile quickly faded when she thought about what she wanted to ask. “Spike, was I okay?”

He was surprised that she would have to ask that. “Were you okay? You were bloody amazing, kitten.”

Buffy was once again relieved.

“Those wankers never let you believe that, did they?”

She shook her head.

Spike was angry and wanted to bash their heads in for hurting her. He didn’t understand how anyone could be with this woman and let her go. He only had one night with her, but he never wanted it to end. He wanted plenty more nights with her and not just that. It wasn’t only about sex for him, he wanted everything with her. He realized that he was in love with her and maybe he always was. It just took him this long to really see it. He hugged her to his chest, kissing her hair and trying to soothe her with his words. “I’m not like them, baby. I won’t ever leave you. I’ll be here for as long as you want me to.”

Buffy pulled away from him.

Spike noticed the tears in her eyes and would do anything to stop her from crying.

“I don’t ever want you to go. I know things will be hard, but I’ve dealt with worse. You've made me feel so special and loved in only one night and I don’t want that to go away. I’m not used to feeling like that.”

Spike gave her another kiss on the lips. “I’ll make you feel like that every bloody day. How about I take you on a proper date today? You can blow off your classes and we can have a picnic in the park or something. Just the two of us and the sunlight. What do you say?”

Buffy smiled, feeling a lot better. “I would say it’s a date. Don’t lose that ring, I have a feeling it’ll really come in handy.”

Spike returned her smile and wrapped his arms around her.

She rested her head against his chest, soon falling back to sleep.

All he could do was stare at her. She was perfect and she was all his. He would never let anyone take her away from him. He then thought about his grandsire and what he gave up. He shook his head, never taking his eyes off of the beautiful woman in his arms.

Angelus was a bloody idiot.

The End


Wow, that was definitely corny. Oh well, nothing wrong with that. After all the drama Joss gave us, we could all use something sweet=)