Hello all…just some author’s notes: I’m who some of you might recognize as “dot” when I review your fics. hehe. I’ve settled on Angelbliss, as you can see, but has absolutely nothing to do with the Angel character (it comes from my e-mail). I’ve always been an avid spuffy reader but I’ve finally decided to try my hand at writing one. Well technically, this isn’t MY fanfic. I’m borrowing this story from a Chinese movie, one that I totally love. I would give credit except I have no idea what the name of it is. If anyone has any idea, please let me know. It would be much appreciated. I actually started this for an anime series, Sailor Moon, but over time I lost interest in that series. I still want to finish this fanfic though so I’ve switched it to this BtVS.

Standard Disclaimer Applies… However much I wish BtVS (especially Spike!) is mine, it isn’t. So, I’ll just have to settle for borrowing the characters. ::siiiigh::

Prologue: The Past — A fairy tale

A little blond girl laid in bed, enraptured in the story her grandmother was telling her. It was the fairy tale of Cinderella, the girl who claimed blissful happiness with her soul mate and lived happily ever after. Her grandmother was nearing toward the end of the story.

“…And so, her Prince Charming had come to receive her for a bride. He rode towards her from a distance, mounted on a white horse. He—“

“No way! A white horse? Is that really true? How do you know?” the child asked in a her innocent voice, giggling at the strange prospect of a white horse.

“Because Prince Charming always rescues his princess on a white horse. It’s a rule,” her grandfather said in a serious manner but his eyes twinkled in merriment.

“It is true. Then, the prince swept Cinderella off her feet and propped her on the white horse. They rode off into the sunset, never turning back. They loved each other deeply and had many, many children. And so, they lived happily ever after.”

A boy, a couple years older than his sister, pranced into the room. “Everyone knows that story’s not true! There’s no such thing as Prince Charming or Cinderella. So they can’t live happily ever after!”

She started to wail, tears flowing out of her hazel green eyes. “I-Is that true, Grandmama? There’s n-no prince or princess?”

The grandmother gave a reproving look to the boy. “It’s not true. He’s just trying to upset you.”

The grandfather reached for the boy and took out a ping-pong paddle he always kept with him. Come here! I’m going to spank you now, for making your sister cry!” He made the boy lay on his lap, his rear end sticking up. The grandfather started to hit him. They were moderately light smacks, however, for he would never mean to hurt his grandchildren. The boy made sounds of pain, but was only half sincere.

The girl giggled at their silliness as her eyes began to droop. She fought to keep them open. “I’m glad that she’s happy, Grandmama. Will I be a princess too?”

“Of course, sweetie. One day, you’ll find your Prince Charming too. Like I have.” Her grandmother looked at her husband and smiled, love shining in her eyes. He smiled back, as a mutual message conveyed between the two: “I love you.”

The little girl finally gave up. Her eyes closed and she fell asleep with a smile on her face, comforted by the reassurance of her grandmother and grandfather.

Please review and let me know what you think.