A/N: I know the timing for Buffy to be born in America isn't right and I apologize. Hopefully, you can look past that and enjoy the story. Thanks.
*********************************************************************************

William wandered the streets admiring the little stands selling food and clothing. People were busy running around buying and selling things. No one seemed to notice or care about him, except for the occasional merchant offering their goods. He was just another body in the crowd, and he appreciated it. No one realized he was the son of the Duke.

He had just needed to escape for a while from his busy life. His father barking orders at him or telling him how to live his life was becoming annoying. He was next in line to become Duke and his father was determined to get him prepared. He had arranged a meeting with a potential bride and a meeting with the King. He was determined to have William befriend the King and be married by the time he was 21.

William continued to walk down the street lost in his thoughts. He was oblivious to the petite blonde in front of him until he bumped into her. Her basket of food fell to the ground and its contents scattered.

“I’m sorry, luv. I didn’t see you.” He bent down to help pick up her things. He noticed how pretty she was. She had big, hazel eyes and full lips. Her skin was a golden-tan color and her hair was blonde.

“That’s alright.” She looked up at him with a smile. She let out a gasp.

“You’re…the…the son of the Duke.”

“Guess I need a better disguise. How’d you know that?”

“My mother used to work in the mansion. I went along with her sometimes and why am I saying this? I’m sure you don’t care. Thank you for your help.” She picked up a loaf of bread and tucked it in the basket. She stood up and turned to leave but he stopped her. There was something about this girl that made him curios.

“What’s your name, pet?”

“Elizabeth, but everyone calls me Buffy.” They began walking with out realizing it.

“It’s nice to meet you, Buffy. I’m William.” He stuck out his hand for her to shake. “Do you mind some company?”

“No.” She smiled. “I’m just heading home. You can walk me.”

“So, I noticed your accent. You’re not from Britain are you?”

“No, I was born in America. When my father died, my family came back here. It turns out he had a lot of money, any ways, now I live with my mom and two sisters.”
“Wow. You like to talk.”

“Yea.” She giggled as they stopped in front of her house. “Well, this is my stop. Thanks for the walk.”

“It was my pleasure, luv. I hope to see you again, Buffy.” He took her hand and placed a kiss on it. He waved and was gone.

Buffy almost fell as her knees went weak. She couldn’t believe that William, the Duke’s son, had just kissed her on the hand. She had had a crush on him since she was 16 when she went to the mansion with her mother. She had seen him in the courtyard talking to his father. His blonde hair shined in the sunlight. Shadows were cast on his face that brought out his cheek bones. He was built, but not big and brawny. His body was lean and strong.

She had stared at him for a long time until her mother called for her help. Ever since that day when she went to the mansion she would watch him. She never imagined she would talk to him. She was usually shy, but for some reason he made her completely comfortable. She was able to talk normally without stuttering. His voice was to die for, with that thick, British accent. She sighed dreamily and hoped to see him again.