~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Summer had gone far too quickly for her liking. She felt as though it were only yesterday she had said teary goodbyes to the people who had been her school friends for the past five years as they moved onto pastures new. She knew she would undoubtedly see most of them again, as most of them hung out down the local night club and were only going to colleges in the next town over, but she couldn’t help feeling that it was as if she were leaving a life behind. One that had held so many memories, mostly good, but some, well… not so good. She had passed all of her exams far better than she had expected. She had gotten A grades in subjects she had really struggled with, and B grades in subjects she had been told she should give up as there was no way she would be able to pass them when exam time came. Well she sure proved them wrong.

Buffy was going to be attending the College at the same high school she had been at, and was over the moon that her two best friends had made the same decision as well. Buffy had known Xander and Willow for five years, and they had been best friends ever since. Totally inseparable and always looking out for each other.
Now Buffy was sitting in her garden, attempting to read the books she had been set for next year. From the college had come a letter from the English department, stating that the books on the list should be bought and read by the time she returned to College in September. So as the evening sun was low in the sky she attempted again to read the second chapter of ‘Return of the Native’ a tragic love story about courtship, marriage and love and all that old crap. It was so not the sort of reading Buffy liked. She preferred the stories where women were not governed by men, were not treated as inferiors, but rose above the men and were strong, domineering and kicked a whole lotta ass.

As Buffy read over the same paragraph for what had to have been the seventh time in the past half hour she heard a large van pull up outside the house next door. It had been for sale for about four months and Buffy had been away when it had been sold. When she arrived home after visiting her father in Wales, her mother had only said that the estate agent told her that a Mr. Giles and his son would be the occupants.

As the van pulled to a stop Buffy pulled herself away from the tragic love triangles in the novel, which was, lets face it, not that hard, she saw two burly removal men hop out of the truck and walk to the back. Next a red sports car pulled into the driveway and a man with greying hair and glasses and not a lot older than her mother, got out of the drivers seat. He pulled a set of keys from his pocket and unlocked the door, returned to his car and proceeded to remove boxes from the boot and into the house.
Buffy was just about to get up and go into the house to tell her mum that the new neighbours had arrived, when another car pulled up outside the house. It was a black, shiny Desoto and when the ignition was turned off she saw the drivers door open and out of it stepped the most gorgeous, handsome and muscular guy she had ever seen. He had platinum blonde hair, black sunglasses, was dressed from head to toe in black and Buffy felt as if her heart rate had sped up about a trillion times. She was sure the whole neighbourhood could hear it. As he went to the back door and opened it he bent down to retrieve some boxes off the floor, and Buffy had to sit down again to keep herself from passing out. My god that man had one fine ass! She ran inside the house like a bullet out of a gun and shot straight up to her bedroom. If she was going over to help the sex god move in, it was important to make a good impression. She ran a brush hurriedly through her hair and took a delicate butterfly clip and pinned the sides back, leaving just a few strands of hair hanging down. She ran a light dusting of eye shimmer on her eyes, and a tint of mascara. She pulled on a yellow sundress quickly and just before running out of the house again she added a sweep of cherry lip gloss across her lips. She took one final look in the mirror and made her way downstairs to see if the guy was as gorgeous up-close, as he was from a distance.

So far he had made about five trips from his car up to the house and with him took boxes of CD’s, ornaments and other junk, he seriously doubted his fathers sanity for buying, up to the house. On his sixth trip back to the car he stopped dead in his tracks as a flash of yellow caught his eye. He looked up and saw a golden goddess walking towards him. She was dressed in a yellow sundress with long golden hair falling around her shoulders. Her body was slim and toned, and she had clearly spent a lot of time abroad perfecting an all over, well from what he could see, tan. She was a vision. She had long legs and a beautiful smile. Spike had to check over his shoulder to make sure she wasn’t walking towards some person standing right behind him. Before he knew it the blonde beauty was in front of him.

“Hey, I’m guessing you’re the new neighbours.” Buffy asked, keeping her cool the whole time, although she was screaming inside that she just wanted this man she had only seen for the first time not five minutes ago to lift her off her feet and throw her against the car and ravish her body with kisses.

“Yeah, I-I’m William Giles” Spike told her, “but you pet, can call me Spike”, he smiled at her extending one hand, keeping as calm as he could, when all he wanted to do was throw her on the hood of his car and kiss her senseless.

“I’m Buffy Summers” Buffy smiled back at him grasping the offered hand lightly. She felt a tingle run all the way through her arm, like warm honey running through her veins. Her heart was hammering against her chest. This man really was even more gorgeous closer up. His eyes were a blue like she had never seen before, somewhere between an electric midnight blue and a calm ocean azure. His cheekbones were clearly sculpted and his lips, oh how soft and kissable they looked. And his accent, oh god, to die for. She lived in England, but this guy had a more, well, British voice, it was more, well defined, more true to British culture. Not like hers at all.

“It’s nice to meet you Buffy” Spike reluctantly pulled his hand from hers and smiled into the green eyes in front of him. “I just wanted to introduce myself and see if you needed any help moving in?” Buffy asked. “Only if you don’t mind” Spike replied. “’course not.” Buffy smiled. “So where did you move from” Buffy asked as she reached into the boot and pulled out a box marked ‘living room’. Spike took a box destined for ‘the bathroom’ and followed her up to the house. “California” Spike said, shifting the box to his right arm so he could pick up another as he passed his dad’s car. Buffy looked up shocked. “America! But you don’t sound at all American!” Spike smiled at the look of shock on her face. “Well I’ve only been out there two years, guess the language didn’t really rub off. I lived in Kent before I moved to America”. “So why did you…which room’s gonna be the living room” Buffy asked as she came into the house. “First on your right” Spike told her, the British accent coming clearly through again. As she deposited the box in the room she saw Spike’s father sorting through a box. He looked up and smiled at her. He had a warm, kind face and looked nothing like his son. “Hi, you must be Mr. Giles, I’m Buffy Summers” Buffy said politely. “Ms Summers, how nice to meet you.” “Oh please call me Buffy, we are neighbours after all!” Buffy shook his hand. “Buffy offered to help us move in” Buffy turned around to see Spike leaning against the doorframe, smiling at her. “That was very kind of you Buffy” Giles said. “It was the least I could do.” Buffy replied, without turning back to Giles, she was looking at Spike, still in shock that someone so gorgeous was living right next door to her. She was snapped out of her reverie by a knock at the door. Spike turned to see a woman, around the same age as his dad standing in the doorway, Buffy followed him and saw her mother on the porch. “Hey Mom, I was helping Spike and Mr.Giles move in.” Spike held out a hand to Joyce and shook hers. “Hello Mrs Summers. It’s very nice to meet you” “It’s nice to meet you too Spike. I see you’ve already met my daughter.” Joyce smiled warmly at Spike. Giles emerged from the living room and he and Joyce exchanged greetings and pleasantries as Spike and Buffy finished unpacking his Desoto, and the rest of the boxes from Giles’ car.

Joyce suddenly came up with a rather interesting proposition. “Say Rupert, why don’t you and Spike come over to our house tonight for dinner. Save you having to cook.” “ Well we wouldn’t want to impose” Giles said politely. “Nonsense, it’ll be absolutely fine” Joyce encouraged. “Well if your sure…” “If your sure what dad?” Spike asked as he and Buffy came back into the house. “Mrs Summers has been kind enough to offer to cook for us tonight.” Giles told his son. “That’s very kind of you Mrs Summers” Spike said. Buffy just couldn’t get over how perfect this guy was. He was polite, gorgeous, sexy and the perfect gentleman. All the while he and Buffy had been unloading the cars, he kept on making sure she didn’t take things that were too heavy, insisting he didn’t want her to hurt herself.

Buffy fazed back into the conversation as Joyce told them that they would see them at 7.30. “7.30 it is then.” Spike turned to Buffy. “Thanks for helping with the unpacking pet, couldn’t have done it without you” Spike smiled at her. “Oh I’m sure a strong muscular guy like you could have managed without me…” Buffy trailed off when she realised she’d said to much. ‘crap, crap, crap’ her brain was cursing. “see you later” her mouth managed to say, and Buffy quickly exited the house, with her mother in tow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey. I hope you liked the first chapter. I'm working on the next chapter at the moment, so if i get some reviews i may post tomorrow, or maybe even tonight. Reviews are THE feel good factor.