At Second Sight



At Second Sight
By *~Rachel*~

Disclaimer
: Disclaimer: Oh yes…they are ALL MINE! (Sarcastic) Haha. RIGHT. Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Twentieth Century Fox Productions, UPN, Sandollar Television, and Mutant Enemy own BtVS. No copyright infringements were intended. This is my story and not meant to copy the show. It's called FAN FICTION!
Rating: Do you watch the show? You can read this. Maybe PG-15ish
Summary: Spike and Buffy are just recently a couple when an attack of demons threaten their relationship
Spoilers: This takes place in the 6th season, so I have spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen "The Gift," Some of the more important B/S episodes, and many of the rumors that are flying around for 6th season. Since I started writing this up before "Flooded," I haven't really worked the latest episodes into the story- so they aren't part of the plot.
Author’s Notes: Signifies thoughts. Mistakes are purely my fault…I’m not the world’s greatest typist. (And no beta-reader)
Distribution: My site, Sinister Attraction, the groups I'm sending them out to, and....anyone else can just ask me first! (I'll probably say 'yes')
Feedback? OF COURSE!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"C'mon Buffy! It's patrolling time!" Spike yelled out, walking into the Summers' home. He walked into the foyer and started up the stairs into Buffy's room.

This was pretty much how their schedule went now. Ever since Willow had brought Buffy back from the dead, she had turned to Spike for comfort. At first, she was emotionally dead and lost like a child would be. Spike was the only one that understood her when she came back. Giles was gone- he had left for England about 2 months after Buffy faced off against Glory. The memories in Sunnydale were just too much for him to bear any longer. While Buffy was gone, Willow, Tara, and Xander fought to keep the house that once belonged to Buffy and Joyce Summers. The main reason that the gang wanted to keep the house was because they knew that Buffy would be brought back. With a couple of handy ingredients, they raised Buffy out of her grave.

Spike was practically an extended member of the Summers' household. Every night, out of his un-devoted love for Buffy and his eternal promise towards Dawn, Spike either came over for help with patrol or to be with the ladies of the house. Obviously, times had definitely changed. Buffy welcomed and almost looked forward to seeing Spike every night.

They never spoke about his love for her anymore, but there were times when Buffy would look out of the corner of her eye and catch him staring at her with such love and passion. That was the way he looked at her when she walked into the Magic Box after she had been brought back. She never spoke about it to him, but each night she started growing a little bit fonder of the bleached-blonde vampire. Whenever they weren't patrolling they would talk together on the couch- sometimes deep meaningful conversations about Buffy had felt after she had just returned from three months of being six feet under.

"Hey Spike!" Dawn said, walking out of her room. She walked up to the vampire and quickly hugged him.

Time passed and Spike and Dawn's relationship quickly grew into a brother-sister type of close. That summer, while Buffy was gone, Spike practically lived in the Summers' house to take care of Dawn. His promise towards Buffy haunted him in his sleep, placing a heavy burden on his shoulders. He watched out for Dawn's back, acting like a very overprotective older brother. Dawn loved it, however. He was the one that treated her like an equal and knew what she was feeling like when Buffy died. Very quickly, her teenage crush became an unconditional love for the vampire.

Spike thought as Dawn wrapped her arms around his waist. However, he returned the hug. "'Ello Nibblet." Spike greeted, "Big sis around?"

"Yeah, she's getting ready for patrol," Dawn replied. She crossed the hallway and walked into Buffy's room. "Buffy! Spike is here!"

"Yeah, hold on. I'm coming!" Buffy replied. A few minutes later, she walked out wearing a simple black outfit and a brown leather jacket.

Spike thought, his eyes looking at her from head to toe. Her face lit up when she saw Spike and he found her smile contagious- he broke into smile also. "'Ello, Slayer," Spike greeted her.

"Hey Spike," Buffy replied. Buffy's eyes were sparkling tonight as she also looked at him. "Ready for patrolling?"

"As always," he replied.

Buffy, Spike, and Dawn started walking over towards the stairs to head downstairs. "Now Dawn..." Buffy started as they walked down the stairs. "Remember...no-"

"I know, I know. No friends over, no opening doors and windows, no inviting strangers in..." Dawn said, rolling her eyes. "I got the drill, Buffy I've known about it since you became the Slayer."

"Right, because they might be evil demons, Dawn. I'm just saying this for your protection."

"I know, I know." Dawn replied. She bugged her sister about her being overprotective, but Dawn really didn't mind. Buffy was here, bossing her around, and it was almost like old times all over again.

"I think that Willow and Tara said that they were coming over as soon as they finished a class, so expect them sometime soon." Buffy added as the three of them stood around in the foyer. Buffy packed a few extra stakes into the pockets of her jacket and opened the front door.

"Okay, sounds great." Dawn replied.

Buffy looked over at Spike, her heart unconsciously skipping a beat when she looked him over. "Shall we?" she asked him.

"You bet, love." Spike answered. And with that, Buffy and Spike headed out the door.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~