Chapter 1

"Oh my god! Mom!" Buffy Summers yelled as she ran upstairs to her mother's room. Joyce Summers heard her eldest yelling for her and left her room to be greeted by a very excited Buffy.

"Honey, what is it?" Buffy couldn't keep the excitement out of her voice when she answered.

"I just got a letter from Will. He's moving back here in a few weeks. How amazing is that?" Joyce smiled at her daughter.

"Well, that's good. It's been a while since we've seen him." Buffy nodded.

"Six years, but who's counting. I have to tell Willow." With that Buffy ran into her room and closed the door. Joyce shook her head and smiled as she headed downstairs. Buffy was sitting on her bed talking to Willow on the phone, who also seemed just as happy.

"Wow, I can't believe he's coming back." Willow said.

"I know, in just a few weeks. He finished the school year early and decided to go to UC Sunnydale. How cool is that!" Buffy told her best friend.

"Yeah, how much do you think he's changed in the last six years?" Buffy shrugged even though her friend couldn't see her.

"We haven't talked that much, but when we did he always seemed the same to me. I mean this is Will we're talking about, how much could he really have changed?" Buffy said.

"I guess, but a lot could happen in six years." Willow replied.

"Yeah, I don't really care if he's changed on the outside. As long as he's the same inside." There was a pause until Willow spoke again.

"Yeah, that's all that matters. I gotta go now, Buffy. I'll see you in school tomorrow, try to get some sleep." Willow told her.

"I will, see you tomorrow." Buffy hung up the phone and lay down looking up at the ceiling. She couldn't believe that her old best friend was finally coming back. She couldn't seem to keep the smile off of her face when she thought of him. She looked at the picture that she kept by her bed of the two of them when they were younger. They were in her backyard sitting on the ground, Will had his arm around her and they smiled big for the camera. They were only 12-years-old when that picture was taken. That was the last time she saw Will. They met in kindergarten and became instant friends. William was a shy boy that always hung out by himself. He just moved there from England and he had a hard time making friends until Buffy talked to him one day and then they became inseparable. They did everything together until Will's dad got transferred back to England and they had to move. Buffy remembered being very heartbroken when he told her about it. She didn't want to lose her best friend, but there wasn't anything she could have done about it. They kept in touch occasionally and now he was finally coming back and Buffy couldn't wait to see him. She thought about what Willow said and wondered if he really has changed, she just shrugged it off and decided to get some sleep.