Author's Chapter Notes:
This might seem confusing at first, but that was what I was going for. It'll make more sense, I hope. Okay, it takes place in the beginning of the 6th Season, but things are different. Buffy didn't die. Spike helped out instead and managed to save Dawn before she was cut and because of that, Buffy and Spike got closer. That's all I'm saying. Don't forget to leave me a review, I'll love you forever=)
Prologue

He ran as fast as he could. He really hoped it wasn't too late. He ran for what seemed to be forever when he finally made it to the cliff. He saw her standing on the edge, blonde hair flying everywhere. "Buffy, you don't want to do this." He said and after a few seconds of just standing there she spoke.

"I wasn't going to jump." She said as she turned to look at him. "I thought about it, but I don't think I really could have gone through with it. That would be taking the easy way out and it would have probably been painful." Spike sighed in relief and walked closer to her.

"Let's get out of here, love. We can get through this together." Buffy thought about it and looked back over the edge at the rocks below and then turned her gaze back on Spike.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to be so much trouble." She said as tears started to form in her eyes.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just go home, okay?" Buffy nodded and was about to go to him when she tripped on a rock and then fell over the edge. She screamed as she held on to one of the rocks below. "Buffy!" Spike yelled as he ran to the edge of the cliff and looked down to see her holding on for dear life. He reached a hand out to her. "Buffy, grab my hand!" He yelled as he tried to reach her. She looked up at him with fear in her eyes. She tried to reach for him also, but he was too far away.

"I can't reach, I'm slipping!" She yelled. Spike tried to reach for her again; there was no way he was going to lose her.


Several weeks earlier...

"I'm telling you that wasn't my fault. I tried to warn you, but you wouldn't listen. I told you that was a slime demon. You'll just have to deal with the consequences." Spike told the Slayer and she wasn't happy as she was drenched in green slime.

"I told you I didn't hear your warning. This isn't fair. Why do the consequences have to be me ruining my new outfit?" She said with a pout and Spike put his arm around her.

"Slime or not you still look adorable as ever, Slayer. We'll get you cleaned up in no time." Buffy pouted again.

"You promise?" Spike smiled.

"Cross my undead heart." He said and Buffy rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, that's comforting." She claimed as they both headed home in silence.