Author's Chapter Notes:
I was bored and wanted something else to write, so I thought of this. It's a good story and I think one of the longest ones I’ve done, even though I know the chapters are pretty short. Sorry about that, some are longer than others. Lots of Spuffy goodness. I hope everyone would like it and leave me a review, of course. I love all comments=)
Chapter 1

Buffy Summers walked into her house after a tiring day at school. She was starting to get a major headache.

"You're such a brat. Why can't you leave my stuff alone?"

She heard her sister say.

"I didn't touch your stuff. Mommy! Dawn's blaming me for something I didn't do!"

Buffy rubbed her head as her two sisters ran into the house and headed upstairs, arguing along the way. She closed the front door and rested her head against it, when her mother, Joyce Summers, appeared.

"I take it picking them up from school was fun."

Buffy let out a sigh before answering her mother. "Yeah, it was real fun. I have tons of homework and a major migraine on top of that. You're so picking them up tomorrow."

Joyce nodded. "I appreciate you doing it, Buffy."

She nodded as well.

They suddenly heard a crash come from upstairs.

Joyce sighed now. "I better see what the damage is this time," she said and walked away.

Buffy heard her mother's voice calling up the stairs.

"You girls better not have broken anything!"

Buffy shook her head and headed upstairs as well. She closed her door once she got to her room and sat on the bed. She then put her headphones on to block out the noise as best she could.


* * * * *


Buffy came back downstairs later that night to hear her sisters arguing about what to watch on TV.

"I was watching that first," her youngest sister, Casey, complained.

Dawn kept the remote away from her. "I'm older than you, so I get to choose what to watch."

Buffy rolled her eyes and joined her mother in the kitchen. "I'm seriously starting to wonder if they were adopted."

Joyce gave her oldest a smile and finished with dinner. Her smile quickly faded when she thought about what she needed to say. "Honey, I need a favor."

Buffy knew that look all too well. "I hate it when you say that."

"Something came up and I have to go into the gallery tonight. I was wondering if you could watch them for me. I should only be a few hours."

Buffy didn't love that idea. "You can't seriously ask me to watch the demon children. Mom, I was supposed to meet my friends at the Bronze tonight. You said I could go yesterday."

Joyce nodded. "I know I did, but I can't call a babysitter on such short notice. I really need your help, Buffy. I promise you can go tomorrow night. I can't trust Dawn to baby-sit at her age. I would probably come back to the house being destroyed, or set on fire."

Buffy sighed and could feel her headache coming back. "Fine, but I'm not happy about it."

Joyce hugged her daughter. "I really appreciate it," she replied, pulling out of the embrace.

Buffy pouted. "I hate being the good one."

They heard a commotion coming from the living room.

"Mommy! Dawn's being mean to me!"

"I am not, you tattle tail!"

Buffy closed her eyes and rubbed her head. She then opened her eyes and looked at the guilty expression on her mother's face. "You owe me big time for this," she claimed and headed into the living room. "I should be getting paid."

Joyce heard her daughter mumble under her breath. She just shook her head and got ready to go to the gallery.