Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: I decided that since Buffy ended I would write my own version changing things a little. AU where Spike or William Summers is the Slayer, pretty much things have happened the same as the first except that Dru is the vampire with a soul, Angelus is the crazy or vampire with visions, and Buffy was made a vampire by Angel and Dru, and is currently with Angel. Dawn is William/Spike’s younger sister, and Joyce is very much alive. Veers off from Season 2 School Hard and Buffy and Williams first meeting. Various Parings (I promise this is a Spuffy Story it will just take a little time to get them together.)

Rating: NC-17

Chapter 1-- School Hard

Standing in the shadows Elizabeth or Buffy as Angelus affectionately nicknamed her so long ago, watched the current slayer as he danced with freedom, and joy. The effortless movements of his body hinted at his strength and agility. The allure of the Slayer was unexpected, quite unlike the last two slayers she faced. His shocking platinum locks, though quite 80’s where presently in disarray and suited him wonderfully. The slayer was undeniably one of the most gorgeous men Buffy had ever set eyes upon, and since she was almost 150 that was quite a list. Intense steel blue eyes framed by thick dark lashes, accompanied wonderfully carved high-set cheekbones, and full lips completed the wonderful package. The ones in China, and New York held little interest beyond the fact that they were the current chosen one something to be conquered and destroyed, a chore she was more than willing to accomplish. This one was different though it was in the way he moved the friends he possessed. It might be time to have some fun it had been a while since she danced.

A wicked smile touching her lips she moved around the room moving toward one of the minions provided by the anointed one, more like the annoying one, Buffy thought.

“Go have a bite outside.” She murmured softly running her hand across the minions check her accent soft and lilting. Nodding he moved through the crowd and heading outside like a good little servant. Watching the Slayer for a moment, Buffy waited for a second or two then moved closer to the Slayer.

“Where is your phone, I need to call the cops some bloke is trying to bite a girl outside.” Buffy breathed feigning concern. Like all other slayers this one was just as predictable quickly heading outside, to save the girl. Moving with feline grace and inhuman agility Buffy made her way outside and into the shadows observing her prey. With a keen eye she watched as a dark haired boy and red head came tumbling outside as the Slayer fought the minion.

“A stake.” The slayer growled between punches. “A stake would be nice!” The slayer pushed the vampire into the wall backhanding him keeping the upper hand, though that was not to hard for his opponent was hardly his equal. The dark-haired boy stumbled back out of the bronze and soon was heading back.

“Buffy, I could use a hand.” The minion gasped as the boy with a flick of his wrist threw the Slayer a stake, and seconds later all that was left was dust.
Buffy smirked, deciding to reveal herself giving him a soft round of applause. “Lovely show pet.” She purred moving out of the shadows her leather duster fluttering around her. “Though color me not impressed he was hardly a challenge.”

William glanced up from the pile of dust swirling around his feet and looked up to see a vision in black. If anyone had asked him a few moments before he would have said only Dru could look so sexy in black but the girl in front of him wore black leather like a second skin. Beneath a long leather duster that moved like a second skin he could see black leather pants that looked painted on, and a small expanse of exposed white skin revealing tight abs. Where Dru was dark, sexy and brooding the girl before him was golden, with a sparkle of amusement, vitality, and oddly contentment within the hazel eyes meeting his.

“Who are you?” William asked brushing off the last remains of dust his senses immediately identifying the blond beauty as a vampire.

“Well, if I just told you that wouldn’t be much fun, now would it pet.” Buffy said moving in loop forcing the Slayer to move back toward his friends as she pulled out a cigarette. “You’ll find out on Saturday.” Buffy said lighting her cigarette meeting the Slayers gaze letting out a puff of smoke.

“What happens on Saturday?” William asked, watching full and pouty lips spread into a wicked smile.

“I kill you.” Came the soft reply.

“Really like I haven’t heard that before, why not do it now.” William asked instinctively taking a step back as the vampire moved to the side back toward the shadows.

“Like I said, slayer, that wouldn’t be much fun now would it.” Buffy moved backwards slipping into the shadows leaving the Slayer dumbfounded in the alleyway.

Wasting no time Buffy moved into the warehouse where the anointed one set up shop, thoughts of the Slayer left behind as the welfare of another coursed through her body. The many vampires in residence believed all that nonsense about the anointed one bowing and scraping eager to fulfill his every command.

Without a glance toward the masses praying at the anointed ones feet, Buffy slipped down into the room she and Angelus were sharing. After the fiasco in Prague, Angelus hadn’t been quite himself far too week, often refusing to feed. The constant attention and coaxing at times became tiring but she loved her dark prince he was her world, though sometimes she wondered what her world would be like if Drucilla hadn’t drove Angelus quite so mad. Soon she would have her prize and her dark prince would be well.

“Hello, my prince.” Buffy murmured pulling back the edge of her duster and sitting besides Angelus on their bed. “I see you haven’t eaten.” Buffy sighed reaching out and gently caressing his soft brown hair, her gaze shifting toward the girl tied in the corner.

“I’m not hungry.” Angelus muttered over his shoulder. “She’s a bad, nasty girl don’t want the taste of that in my mouth.” Came the soft faraway tone that meant he was not really with her at all.

“Come pet.” Buffy moved so she lay on her side and gently guiding Angelus onto his back. “You must be feeling a little peckish. Have a little bite for me, luv.” Buffy purred running her fingers over his cheek and then over his soft lips. Angelus lips parted and gently captured her finger between his lips the lost look fading from his eyes, slowly traveling to her lips. Leisurely Buffy leaned down extracting her finger from his lips, replacing it with her own lips. There was no playful teasing for once their lips touched they parted their tongues slowly beginning to caress each other in an endless kiss for they did not have to pause for breath.

“My sweet Buffy. My golden princess.” Angelus groaned his hand reaching up to caress her cheek. Buffy lifted her lips from his meeting his gaze gently brushing back a stray lock of hair from his forehead. “I feel so weak.”

“I know pet. Soon you’ll be feeling better.” Buffy moved off the bed and moved toward the dark haired girl without sparing her a glance jerked the ropes binding her to the wall. She brought the girls body in front of her pressing her slight and shaking frame back against her own. “That’s why you need a bite to eat.” Buffy grasped the girl’s hair arching back her neck as she began to struggle.

Angelus slid off the bed moving toward them his eyes never wavering from Buffy’s. Giving him an encouraging nod and soft smile, Buffy was rewarded as he shifted into his game face. A pitiful whimper escaped the bound girl as Angelus drew closer, his lips lowered to the girl’s neck. Buffy knew the exact moment Angelus’s fangs sunk into the girl’s artery for she arched back her whole body tensing. When there was no more danger to Angelus Buffy let the girl go, but remained close.

The girl slid to the floor between them and Buffy let out a soft chuckle as Angelus lifted her off the floor twirling her around reveling in the return of his strength, though she knew it was only temporary. Their lips met as they landed on the bed. A purr echoed throughout the room as Angelus trailed kisses from her lips down to her neck his tongue gently working over her artery. Slowly her eyes drifted closed as his fingers trailed along her belly then slowly his palm slid over her breast gently kneading the sensitive area.

“We shouldn’t luv.” Buffy sighed catching his hand. “Your still weak.”

“Let me take care of you, for a change.” Angelus slowly slid down her body straddling her thighs, his lips gently finding her exposed stomach and his tongue twirled around her belly button a sexy smile crossed his lips. “I promise to be good,” after a short pause he added, “ well not entirely.” Angelus let out a soft purr that sent a shiver throughout her entire being. Buffy closed her eyes as Angelus deftly undid the fastening of her leather pants.

“I do love you in leather, its so naughty.” Angelus’s lips gently teased the tender flesh of her legs as the leather slowly peeled away from her skin. In all his days no one else incited passion and desire within him quite like Buffy, not even his beloved Sire Drucilla.

Inch by agonizing inch Buffy’s leather pants were slowly removed. Kneeling at her feet Angelus tossed aside her pants and gently grasped both ankles. Buffy let out a soft unnecessary breath, as he brought first one ankle then the other to his sides then slowly ran his hands up her legs parting them as he moved forward. Buffy’s body arched off the bed of its own accord as Angelus placed a soft kiss on her inner right thigh then proceeded to do the same to left, though he ran his tongue up along her tense thigh, and proceeded to the apex of her thighs.

Angelus gently guided her legs up over his shoulders effectively opening her to him completely. A ragged whimper escaped her lips as his cold tongue caressed her in one smooth stroke ending its assent by slowly circling her clit. Sliding her hands down into his silky chocolate brown hair, fingers winding their way around strands tightening as Angelus gently nipped and began to gently suck and caress her with his soft lips and wicked tongue. Buffy’s hips began thrust against Angelus’s lips her hands tangling in his hair. Lips parting Buffy let out a full-throated cry as Angelus thrust his tongue inside her then out in an ever-increasing tempo; a slow burn began to form between her legs. Slowly his tongue was joined by two, then three of his fingers, which began to thrust inside her leaving his tongue free to tease her clit with hard, quick strokes. The burning sensation began to creep out slowly coiling its way into every fiber of her being. It was almost too much when Buffy exploded a harsh cry echoing in their chamber, thighs tightening as a white-hot flood of pleasure coursed over her.

Angelus smiled at his quivering lover gently lapping up the last of her juices, he moved from between her thighs crawling his way up along her body his lips covering her panting ones.

“I do love to make you scream, my sweet.” Angelus purred his tongue dipping within her depths coaxing her tongue to caress his own.

“Only you make me scream, my luv.” Buffy replied caressing his cheek, as he slid onto his side besides her his hand gently capturing a strand of her hair. When he was lucid things were almost perfect, but those moments were becoming few and far between.

“How was your hunt?” Angelus asked twirling the strand of blond hair about his index finger. “I know you didn’t slay the slayer, you were far to subdued for that to have occurred.” Soft brown eyes captured sparkling hazel eyes.

“I met the Slayer.” Buffy sighed stretching. “I have decided to have a little fun with this one, your always telling me I need to have more fun. I am going to kill him on Saturday.” Buffy smiled up at her lover.

“Will you my sweet?” Angelus asked the clarity of his brown eyes slowly fading. “It will be a lovely show.” Murmuring softly Angelus cuddled up against her side. “Lots of unexpected surprises.”

Sunnydale High, Library

William glanced up as Giles drifted down the stairs from the stacks several large books in his arms.

“What was the name of the vampire again?” Giles asked.

“The vampire I took out called her Buffy I think.” William recalled the image of the leather bound blond vampires flashed through his mind.

“The name isn’t familiar.”

“It could be short for something else.” Willow looked up from the volume she was flipping through. “Like Dru is short for Drucilla, or Will is short for Willow and William.”

“That’s is a possibility.” Giles said placing the texts on the desk as the doors to the library swung open and Xander came strolling in.

“Sorry, I’m late I ran into the ever pleasant Cordilla Chase in the halls.” Xander sighed taking a seat next to Willow. “Have we found anything out about the hottie vamp from last night.”

“Hottie!” Willow squeaked. “She wasn’t that hot.” Willow muttered flipping pages.

“I think I found her.” William said stopping at a sketch in one of the watcher journals, that didn’t do the beauty justice. The picture was from the 1800’s and she wore an elegant dress from that era. Handing over the journal Giles gaze flicked over the picture then the words scrawled beneath.

“Elizabeth Ann Winters, that name is familiar.” Looking away from the journal he laid it aside pulling out another book. “Ah yes here she is.” Giles said quickly scanning the page as three pairs of eyes were eagerly watching him.
“Well, she isn’t the normal everyday variety of vampire we come across.” Giles said. “Buffy as she is being called now was Sired by a vampire named Angelus, at 18, and has killed two slayers one during the boxer rebellion, in China and another in New York in the 1980’s. There is very little information otherwise except that when she does make an appearance there is a very high body count human and non-human.”

“She is relentless.” Came a soft voice from behind them and they all whirled to find Dru standing only a few feet from them, once again sneaking up on them.

“We really need to get her a bell or something.” Xander breathed shaking his head.

Ignoring his comments Dru continued moving closer to the group. “Once Buffy sets her mind to do something she accomplishes it letting nothing stand in her way.” Dru’s eyes shifted to William caressing him for a moment before returning to the group.

“Then you know her?” William asked his eyes traveling over Dru’s body admiring the slender curves.

“Yes in a way, I guess you can say I know her, but then I have learned no one ever really knows Buffy. Just when you think you have her figured out she does something completely out of character.” Dru sighed thinking of her childe the stronger of the two. In their time together she had seen depths to the vampire that she hadn’t understood until she was cursed with her own soul, it had made her wonder about her childe. Unable to look at William she gazed directly at Giles. “I am her Sire.” The soft admission was followed by silence.

William stiffened as yet another of Dru’s past crimes was revealed though so far he loved her despite them.

“Buffy was a beautiful, vibrant young woman from a wealthy and privileged English family. I made another childe long before Buffy, Angelus who I met in Ireland. Angelus saw something within Buffy and desired her so to make him happy after he drained her I changed her.” Dru kept her gaze on Giles not wishing to see the look in Williams’s eyes as another of her crimes came to light. “Buffy was an enigma from the beginning, from the moment she was changed while others are weak and obedient Buffy was willful and defiant. Buffy was never dependent upon me for anything and when she learned of the Slayers unlike most of us she was not afraid rather she was intrigued. After she killed the first one in china what little control I had over her slipped away not even Lindsey could bring her to task. Just before I was cursed with my soul, she began to leave us for extended periods of time, never saying where she had gone or why.” Dru pulled herself out of her thoughts with a mental shake. “Then after I was cursed she came for Angelus.”

“I met her last night.” William said softly not meeting Dru’s gaze as thoughts of her latest revelation, yet another layer between them keeping them apart. “She said she was going to kill me on Saturday.”

“That doesn’t sound like Buffy, if she had you there within her grasp she should have tried to kill you. Toying with you is not Buffy’s style” Dru replied meeting Williams gaze.

“She didn’t try a thing.” Willow supplied mentally running through the events of that night. “She was watching you fight the other vamp Will.”

“Buffy is at heart an impulsive, and impatient creature.” Dru frowned. “Her only weaknesses, besides her attachment to Angelus.”

“She did say, where is the fun in that, when you asked her why she didn’t try to kill you then.” Xander supplied hating being left out of things.

“What is it?” Giles asked looking at the emotions flittering over the vampiress’s face.

“Buffy is the strongest of my children, she gained the strength of a master vampire in less than 25 years, breaking the ties between me and her so I was no longer her master. That is not a paltry feat most vampires never accomplish it always owing an allegiance or obedience to their Sire, for those who do it is usually accomplished after 100 years or so. If she is taking her time, learning patience then we have quite a bit to be concerned about.” Dru’s mind flipped back to when she had made Angelus and the fun she had slowly killing everyone he loved until he went insane.

With Buffy it had been different they found her vulnerable already her heart broken by some fellow noble who did not see the diamond in the rough. Angelus had seen the beauty that was hidden and desired her from the moment he set eyes upon the distraught girl. It had bothered Dru when she had been Drucilla the adoring look in his eyes when he first saw Buffy; there had been something else she had never been able to figure out within his eyes that night.

“Well, she is still just a vampire and I am the slayer.” William said with his usual brash confidence sliding out of his chair. Unable to deal with Dru at the moment he brushed past her. “I have to go or Snyder will chew my ass, again if I am late in setting up for Parent Teacher Night.”


Buffy smiled as she stood outside the school with a written invitation right above its lovely doors.

“You have to love it.” An invitation right above the front steps, humans she smiled moving forward leading a group of motley minions she borrowed from the annoying one who with each passing day was becoming more and more annoying. The kid’s constant posturing, demands, and commands spurred her into coming for the Slayer ahead of schedule. Soon the blood of the Slayer would be coursing through her veins, and having sampled it before she was more than ready for another taste.

William watched as Principal Snyder lead his mother away to have talk. He should have known he was screwed that the little troll would talk to his mother despite his promises otherwise. The sudden crashing of glass stopped all progress and William looked up to see Buffy in the settling remains.

“I just couldn’t wait until Saturday, small town and all, needed a little fun.” A sinister smile touched her lips as vampires flooded into the school. William’s only thought was of his mother and he moved toward her grabbing her arm.

“This way.” He yelled pulling her along away from danger, followed by quite a crowd. They pilled into a classroom and William wasted no time in barricading the door.

William managed to convince his mother, and Principle Snyder to stay in the room till he came back. Crawling above the ceiling was a little trickier than he suspected for it was not solid. Making his way he managed to get to the library, where Giles, and Ms. Calendar managed to barricade themselves into. He had no idea where Willow was he couldn’t worry about it at the moment.

“Giles, my mother and a few others are across the hall. When I give you the signal I want you to get them out.”

“I can’t leave you alone. Xander has gone for Dru.” Giles replied placing a hand on William shoulder.

“Giles, its my mother.” It was all that need to be said, and then he disappeared back up into the ceiling.

It was relatively easy to take out the two vamps in the hall, motioning to Giles he quickly got his protesting mother to follow him out of the school, and to safety.

Lifting himself back up into the ceiling William made his way toward yet
another vampire.

Buffy glanced up as a familiar figure held a struggling dark haired boy in a headlock.

“Drucilla!” Buffy smirked. “It has been awhile what almost 100 years.” Buffy watched her Sire as she tightened her hold on the boy.

“Buffy, dear more like 80.” Dru smirked back pulling back the shirt of Xander exposing his neck to her child. “I found this little one running away from all the fun.”

“I knew it.” Xander squeaked as Dru’s arm tightened upon his throat and he was cut off.

“Why are you here Drucilla?” Buffy asked circling her Sire not fooled for a moment for the soul that she possessed was obvious to one who knew her best.

“I came to join you, help you take down the Slayer.” Dru replied trying to keep Xander quite as she concentrated upon her child. If she could get close she could take Buffy out.

Buffy sighed flicking her duster away from her legs as she moved forward slightly. “So I heard, why haven’t you taken him out yourself.”

“He is different he took down the Master, but now that you’re here we can take him out like old times.” Dru smiled pulling back. “Want a taste?”
Buffy moved forward slowly her eyes on Dru, as she drew nearer she knew the boy from outside the Bronze with the stake, a friend of the Slayer. Never wavering her gaze locked with her Sire’s she leaned down towards the boy’s neck and at the last moment she kicked out sending Dru and the boy flying.

“I never liked you Dru.” Buffy said coldly advancing upon her Sire. “Even without the soul.” Buffy grasped a long pipe from one of the minions, and at Dru’s shocked gaze Buffy’s chilling laughter filled the corridor.

“Did you think I wouldn’t notice the shiny little soul you’ve acquired?” Buffy asked watching Dru get to her feet, pulling the boy up with her. “I always wondered when it came down to it which of us would win in a real fight.” The pipe within her hands twirled with little effort and such speed it was silver blur. “But I have more important prey tonight.” Buffy sighed. “Kill them.” The soft command set the vampires standing at her back in motion flooding out the doors in pursuit of the fleeing duo.

At the slight sound of something moving Buffy moved back down the hall fully intending to find William when she heard a slight movement from above her a few feet ahead. Slowly she followed the movement and grabbing a piece of wood lying from the wreckage their entry caused she jammed it up into the tiles and was rewarded as the Slayer tumbled down onto the ground a few feet away.

“Well, well.” Buffy smiled moving quickly she reached the Slayer straddling his sprawled body, leaning over she grasped him by his shirt hefting him from the ground.

“Look what I found.” She purred just as he slammed his fist into her face forcing her to back away. A trickle of blood ran down her lips and she smiled wickedly.

“You pack quite a punch, luv. I am going to make you beg for a quick death.”

“I am not the begging type.” William taunted slowly shifting his weight and preparing for an attack. With a blurring motion Buffy sent her fist into the Slayers face and kicked his legs out from under him as he staggered back from the force of the blow.

“You need to work on the reflexes, luv they really are not quite up to par.” Buffy chuckled truly enjoying herself as she advanced on the Slayer.
As she got close he kicked up over his head knocking her back sending her crashing into a table. Using her momentum she rolled over the table landing on her feet on the other side.

“Was that up to par?” William growled, gaining his footing and meeting her gaze.

“Actually that was rather nice. I could make this easy on you.” Buffy sighed watching him mirror her motions his guard up. “It wouldn’t hurt in the least, you might even like it.”

“So are we going to carry on a conversation or fight I thought you were here to kill me.” William taunted moving to his left keeping himself in a ready position she was strong but no more than any other vampire he’d faced.

“Well, if that’s the way you want it I rather like the foreplay, but if you would rather.” Buffy moved in quickly striking out in a rapid series of blows. William was able to able to block some though quite a few found their mark. A wonderful dancer she thought I could do this all night. Keeping him on the defensive she backed him up into a corner, he was so intent on deflecting and meeting her punch for punch he didn’t even realize the position he allowed himself to be herded into.

He was exactly where she wanted him, so Buffy stopped dancing and began to fight and soon her blows were all landing with sickening force upon the Slayers physique each blow draining a little bit more of his strength and stamina. When he was barely able to stand on his own Buffy grasped his neck slamming him up against the wall meeting his stunned gaze, with a triumphant one.

“Your good luv, but not good enough. Your watcher should teach you less textbook moves, really do all watchers teach the same moves. Though I will admit you are far better than the last two.” Buffy said her face just inches from his as she increased the pressure on his throat. The soft rasping of his breath filled her ears as he fought too breathe. Buffy leaned forward pressing her body against his bringing her free hand to his face; she realized that she fit against his frame perfectly.

William could only gaze into her glittering green eyes helpless. It was his fault he knew for he underestimated the threat she posed. For the first time since the Master, he was helpless finding himself staring into the eyes of death. Images of his friends and family even Dawn at her most annoying randomly filled his thoughts as it became harder to breathe. I don’t want to die, he thought trying to focus and fight back not knowing what to do for his arms hung lifelessly at his sides.

“I could take you now.” Buffy whispered shifting into her game face, trailing her finger ever so slowly down his prominent cheekbone.

“It would be nice, I could even turn you.” Buffy smiled at the horror and desire for life that passed through those beautiful cobalt-blue eyes. “I just might do that, turn you into what you hate the most. Do you dream about it? I suspect it is what sends tiny shivers down your spine while you sleep." Buffy purred leaning closer her eyes falling to his wonderfully full and alluring lips. “But not now that would be far to easy an end for you.”

“I think that easy isn’t the way for you. Perhaps I will take a lesson from, Drucilla’s handbook.” Buffy leaned closer her lips a breath away from his. “Drucillas scent is all over you. I think I will have fun with you both.” Buffy murmured brushing her lips over his for a brief moment a soft gasp escaped his lips gently caressing hers. Trailing her lips over his neck running her tongue gently run over his jugular feeling the increase in blood flow as his pulse rose, fear coursing through his body. Pressing her lips against his salty skin she began to gently suck the throbbing vein, and scraped her teeth accross the tender skin. Loosing her grip she let him slide to the ground, turning she strolled away.

“I’ll be seeing you around Slayer.” Buffy promised looking over her shoulder she saw him stumble as he tried to get to his feet. “Pleasant dreams and next time I expect a better showing.” Despite the loss in her parties’ numbers it had been a successful evening.

Warehouse

“I thought you said you were going to kill her?” The annoying one whined a sullen look crossing his features.

“Your impulsive behavior has ruined feast of St. Vigious, and depleted our numbers.” Buffy kept her eyes on the annoying one ignoring his equally annoying worshipper.

“Have you nothing to say for yourself?” The boy asked his eyes narrowing upon Buffy.

“I think there has been enough talking. I don’t take orders, never have and never will especially from a boy who surrounds himself with complete morons.” Buffy said moving forward her coat swaying in harmony with her easy gait. Buffy felt Angelus moving into the room, though her attention was on the boy before her.

“How dare you.” The annoying one growled sounding more like a puppy than demon. “Kill her!” The small boy commanded looking toward his worshippers.
Buffy moved quickly kicking the minion to his left and then the other. Grabbing the annoying one by the arm she dragged him from his makeshift throne with little effort, heading toward the cage he used to punish his worshippers. A few of his followers attempted to stop her but they all found themselves on the ground nursing severe wounds, and the others simply watched in shock. Tossing him inside she slammed the door closed.

“Help me, don’t let her do this.” The annoying one cried reaching toward his worshippers.

“I was never one for religion, especially worshipping false idol’s.” Buffy grabbed the chain dangling besides the cage and began to hoist him closer to the rays of sunlight he so loved to watch burn those who disobeyed his commands to amuse himself. A piercing scream filled the air as he hit the harsh light of day. A few wisps of dust trickled down from the cage.

“Things are going to change around here. I want all of this and any trace of that brat gone.” Motioning to the throne and worshipping items scattered around the warehouse. Minions scrambled to do her bidding. “This place is depressing, we need to find a new lair.”

“He had power.” Angelus said moving behind her his hands resting on her hips.

“Now he doesn’t. Children should never be changed.” Buffy said softly leaning back into his chest.

“Is it that what upsets you, or the fact that your Slayer got away.” Angelus asked gently kissing her neck needing to touch his golden princess.

“I let him go.” Buffy sighed moving away from his embrace. “As for the annoying one, he got on my last nerve.” Turning toward him she decided she would let him know their Sire was in town. “Dru was there her scent was all over him.” Buffy’s eyes trailed over his face looking for any telling expression, but there was none.

“Dru has a toy surprise inside.” Angelus’s eyes sparkled as they met her own. “I told you there would be surprises.”

“Yes well you could have been a tad more specific, pet.” Buffy said watching as he again approached her though this time he remained a short distance from her.

“Do you hear them, they are whispering naughty secrets in my ear.” Angelus sighed. “Naughty secrets, time is short.” Angelus’s voice shifted to that of a child and he began to pace around. “Its coming soon you’ll get your hearts desire soon enough, my golden princess.”

Sunnydale High, Library

Giles watched his slayer working with the makeshift dummy they utilized in the Library. William was unusually intent in his workout his movements filled with a level violence and anger that normally was not there.

“We haven’t spoken about your encounter with Buffy on Back to School Night.” Giles called out putting away some of the items they used during the training session. The sound of splintering wood filled the silence of the room.

“There is nothing to talk about.” William replied, moving away from his watcher and began to unwind the tape on his knuckles.

“Ever since that night you haven’t been yourself. Not that I am complaining your deligence and commitment to training is an improvement, but if you can’t tell me then who can you tell.” Giles coaxed he thought of William as more than a slayer and charge, he was the son he would never have.

William unwound the tape not looking up. “We fought.” William replied the images of his fight with the vampire flickering just behind his eyes. “You saw her she is so small, petite.” William smiled sadly looking up and meeting Giles gaze. “We were fighting I was holding my own actually I thought I was doing well.” William looked away the events playing through his mind, the feeling of her fists connecting with his skin.

“I was wrong she had been playing with me having fun.” William choked the words out. “One minute I was landing blow after blow, then suddenly I was getting my ass kicked.” William began to unwind the tape from his other hand. “She had me Giles, by the throat up against a wall, she had me.”
“William.” Giles said softly not knowing how to comfort the teen for he always was so strong. Gently he placed his hand on his shoulder, a silent show of understanding and support.

“I could barely breathe then she just let me go.” William frowned not ready to tell anyone about the soft kiss she placed on his lips and neck, for some reason he didn’t want to tell anyone even Dru about the brief encounter. “She said she is going to have some fun with me and Dru before she kills me.”

“You should have said something sooner.” Giles sighed.

William looked up at Giles his eyes intense, filled with purpose. “I need to train harder, learn more I can’t beat her right now.” Admitting his weakness to the only person he could.