I hope ya'll would like this story. I'm actually pretty proud of it. Reviews are always appreciated=)


Chapter 1

Jenny Calendar was reading the morning newspaper and sipping her coffee. She moved to Sunnydale, California about a week ago because she got a job at the high school as the new Computer Science teacher. She looked at the clock and knew that it was about time to get ready for her first day. She hoped things would be better here. She was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard a scream coming from upstairs. Jenny stopped what she was doing and ran upstairs. She entered the room where the scream came from and saw the blonde girl thrashing around in her bed. Jenny went next to her side and tried to shake her awake. "Buffy, you're having a bad dream. It's time to wake up now, sweetheart." She continued to shake the young girl when she opened her eyes and sat up with a start. Jenny saw that she seemed scared and she was sweating. "It's only me, Buffy." Buffy seemed to calm down a bit as she hugged Jenny. Jenny rubbed her back in comfort and told her that everything was going to be okay. They just sat in silence for a little while longer until they had to leave for the school. It would be Buffy's first day at a new school and she just hoped that things will be better for her.


* * * * *


The school was packed as all the kids were heading to class, well mostly all of them. Spike was another story. He was at the football field smoking a cigarette. He liked to be out there by himself to do some thinking. "I knew I would find you out here. You should be in class right now." He turned to see the familiar red head standing behind him.

"Did he send you to find me, Red?" The girl nodded and walked closer to him.

"He worries about you, Spike. You should come back inside and you really should quit smoking. It's not healthy." Spike smiled and threw the cigarette to the ground and stepped on it.

"Since when do you care about my health, Willow?" She was surprised that he actually used her name for once.

"I tend to care about people, even if I'm not that close to them. It's what I do." Spike turned to face her.

"Right, of course you do." Willow looked at him and sighed.

"Incase you forgot, we did used to be friends. You know, before you went all Billy Idol on us and found yourself a new group to hang out with." Spike walked by her and headed back to the school.

"I did you a favor." He said without even looking back. Willow sighed again and headed back into the school also.


* * * * *


Jenny Calendar walked into the school with her arm around Buffy. The girl had her messy blonde hair up in a pony tail and she was wearing baggy clothes, she wasn't one to care about her appearance. Not anymore. They walked into the library where they were greeted by the librarian. He smiled when he saw them walk in. "Jenny, it's good to see you again and this must be Buffy." He said as he looked at the young girl next to Jenny. Jenny smiled at him.

"Yes, it's good to see you also, Mr. Giles." She told him.

"Please, call me Rupert." Jenny nodded.

"Rupert, I wanted to thank you for recommending me for this job and for getting Buffy into the school. We really appreciate all that you've done." Giles nodded also.

"Think nothing of it. Did you go to the principal's office yet to get Buffy's schedule?" Jenny shook her head.

"We were just headed that way, but I wanted to thank you first. I actually have a class that I should be getting to right now, but Buffy doesn't know where the office is." Jenny told him.

"Well, I have some free time. I could take her while you go to your first class." Jenny smiled at him.

"That's very nice of you." She then turned to look back at Buffy who wasn't letting go of her arm. "Mr. Giles is a good man; he'll take care of you while I'm in class." Jenny told her as she hugged the girl. "Have a good first day, Buffy. I'll see you after school, okay?" Buffy nodded and she pulled away from Jenny. Jenny looked back at Giles and smiled at him. "Thank you again." He assured her that it was no problem as she left the library. Giles then turned back to Buffy and saw how shy the girl seemed. The poor girl, it's understandable knowing what she has been through. He showed her out of the library and they headed to the principal's office.