Title: Meant To Be
Part: 2/18

She was so soft. Silky. His sweet, sweet love. Gasping and writhing underneath him, dancing the dance of the ages, she looked so beautiful.

Bits of stray light filtering in from tightly closed blinds hit her skin, making her look like a gold-dust flecked goddess.

With his every stroke and thrust into her, she'd let out a different gasp and moan. She was his own personal symphony.

When their orgasms hit them, growls emanated him... or her. Most likely, however, they came from both. She lifted her head to his neck, gleaming white teeth, elongated, grazed his skin lightly. They slipped into the flesh, causing him to moan. She knew just how to drive him over the edge.

The skin on either side of his neck where deeply scarred from the past week with her. There were other, similar, patches of bitten and bruised skin various other places as well.

She was a voracious little thing.

He was slightly surprised she'd let him take her "missionary" tonight. He'd seen to it that she had quite a yen for the different.

"Angel, my love," Drusilla crooned as she slid from underneath him. He collapsed onto his stomach. He was exhausted. She curled herself at his side, purring loudly. "I worry for Miss Edith. She's crying. She seldom cries. Perhaps you should check on her to see if she's alright?"

The doll she spoke of sat on a chair in Angel's living room. Miss Edith. She was a present from the vampire Dru had spent a hundred plus years with. The vampire she'd left his bed for all those years ago. Of, course, Angel had made Spike pay for stealing the beauty from him at the time.

Sure, he'd had his sire in his bed, but, it felt empty without Drusilla curled on the other side... as she was now.

Thoughts of Spike begged the question... where had the bleach blonde terror gone? When Angel had gone to the factory with Dru to get her belongings so she could move in with him, they found Spike, his belongings and minions all gone. Dru's things were neatly packed and off to one side.

Drusilla had laughed as though his disappearance was the most hilarious thing in the world. She told Angel that her Spike was gone and would never return.

"Why would she cry, Dru?" Her nails raked lightly over the tattoo on his shoulder.

"I believe she's cross with me." She smiled at him. "She told me it was my fault the sun and the moon are confused. I believe she cries for them to go back to how they were before."

"The sun and the moon are the same as always, Sweetheart." Angel sighed. One thing he'd never really been able to tolerate from Dru was her insane ramblings. But, at least she wasn't on a rampage. He couldn't handle her when she got in a state. He had to admit, Spike was good at calming her from even her most violent outbursts.

"Miss Edith says different. Miss Edith is always right, you know." She climbed out of bed, stretching. "Can we go hunt tonight, Pet?"

"No hunting Dru. We have blood here." Dru made a face. She complained endlessly for the past few days about having to drink the bagged blood he bought. "I'm going to go talk to someone about that tonight. You have to promise to be a good girl while I'm out, okay?"

"Promise, Luv." She stopped her cat-like stretches to smile solemnly. "I don't wish to have a soul. But, if you want me to have one, then I must."

"How did you know..."

"Whispers, Angel, whispers. You're going to talk to the Slayer's Watcher." She leaned over him, pressing a finger over his lips as if to silence him. "Shhh. He doesn't know about the sun and moon. It's a secret. Promise you'll keep it a secret? I promise I'll be good if you promise."

"You already promised to be good, Dru." Angel smiled, circling her waist with his large arms. He pulled her down on top of him. "But, I won't tell him about the sun and moon."

"Good. Because it's a surprise. They have no idea how big a surprise it is." She pressed her lips to his... preventing him from really thinking about her last statement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel tried to be quite as he peered into Rupert Giles' apartment window. He didn't see the Watcher and sighed. He'd hoped to catch him here. There was really only one other place he'd be.

Sunnydale High's library with Buffy and her friends.

Going there was a situation he'd managed to avoid up until now. But, it was important he talk to Giles about getting his curse done on Drusilla.

She was compliant now... but, he wasn't sure how long that'd last. And, he wanted to be with her. And he owed her a second chance. She had wanted to be good.

With a soul, she could be good. He'd give her back what he'd taken from her.

He walked into the hallway of the high school, using all of his senses to their max to make sure he didn't sense the beautiful teenager he'd undoubtedly left with a broken heart.

Of course, she might not know just yet that he wasn't hers anymore. He'd played Mr. Mysterious too long. She'd probably contribute his being gone this past week to that. He'd eventually have to tell her. Or, Giles just might after hearing his request for a soul curse.

He briefly contemplated keeping Buffy. Drusilla shared very well with others. But, should Buffy find out about his childe... he and Dru'd have to make themselves comfy in an ashtray.

Humans were strange creatures like that. Funny how that trait could carry over to demons. Possessiveness. Morality. The ability to care for one person and be content with only one person.

Sure, he had all that now. But, without his soul, he didn't give a damn about anything or about anyone.

Demons like Dru and Spike were caring despite their... well... demons.

Angel felt human presence before he heard the two girls giggling. He could tell it was Buffy and Willow.

"Shh..." Willow giggled. "If Xander comes in and finds out what were talking about..."

"I can't believe he'd kiss Cordelia." Buffy laughed. "Can we just say..."

"Gross." The two said in unison.

They were in the computer room. Angel slunk past the room as stealthily as he could manage. His whole being wanted to go in there with Buffy.

He was so torn between his love for Dru and his desire for Buffy. He hadn't really given her much thought in the past week. But, being so close to her was driving him insane.

He stalked into the library. Xander and Cordelia were behind some book-stacks, making out furiously, like the teenagers they were. Giles and Jenny Calendar were in his office talking.

Going unnoticed by the two brunettes, he knocked lightly on the office door. Giles opened it, looking at him startled. "Angel?"

"I need to talk to you. It's important." He glanced at Jenny, hoping she'd take the hint and leave.

She did. "I'd better go see how Willow's doing with that scripture." Smiling almost sadly at Angel, she left.

"Uh, come in. Is there a problem?" Giles asked him as he sat down.

"Not really. I needed to ask you a favor."

"Of course." The Watcher took his glasses off, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I must say, I'm surprised. I didn't think you'd be by anymore."

"Why would you think that?"

"Buffy told us about some brunette you were with. My tomes indicate from Buffy's description that she's your childe... Drusilla?"

"Yeah, she is. How'd Buffy find out."

"She mentioned something about a park. Needless to say, she hasn't quite been herself this past week. I hope you will stay away from her."

"Look, Giles, I care for Buffy. Really I do. I didn't think she'd see me and Dru. In fact, everything that happened... it was out of the blue. Drusilla is my responsibility. I owe her what I took from her. That's what I came to see you about. If you could find a copy of the spell that was done on me."

"You want to give her a soul?"

"Yes."

"What of Buffy?"

"I'll talk to her." Giles looked like he was about to say something. "Only to apologize. I love Drusilla. Buffy needs to know that. She should be with some boy anyway."

"Yes, she should." Giles smiled, a little relived looking. "I'll start looking into the spell immediately."

"Thank you." Angel shook his hand. "If Buffy doesn't mind after I tell her... I'd be glad to continue to help."

"Of course. If you want, Buffy's in the computer room with Jenny and Willow."

Angel nodded and walked into the room. Only Willow and Jenny were there.

"She's gone. Someone called her. Probably her mom, you know? She had to go." Willow said upon seeing Angel.

"Could you tell her I need to talk to her?"

"We will." Jenny said.

Angel wandered the streets of Sunnydale for a bit, hoping to find Buffy on patrol. He had no luck, so he went to the butchers before going back to the apartment. He needed to have enough blood stocked to keep Dru sated. He wouldn't risk her going out to hunt.

Angel thought he'd turn to dust from shock when he saw a meek little vampire getting a truckload of pigs blood. The vampire, Dalton, he knew was one of Spike's minions.