Just Three Words by jessyca
Summary: Takes place during the Buffy/Spike holding scene from ‘Touched.’ Why Buffy doesn’t admit her feelings for Spike...Buffy POV. This is another one I wrote 2 years ago...
Categories: Ficlets/Song Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 325 Read: 1694 Published: 03/16/2005 Updated: 03/16/2005
Just Three Words by jessyca
Just Three Words
by: Jessyca

It’s easy. It really is. All I have to do is say three words. Just three.

But it’s three words that change everything, although they really shouldn’t. It’s there even if the words are left unsaid. But, I guess hearing and knowing the truth is different. Better than actions, apparently.

I really want to say it. The three words. The one thing he’s always wanted to hear. The thing he’d never expect from me. The one thing I feel strongly for him, more than anyone else I’ve ever been with.

Three words. He told me the words so many times last year that I just drowned them out. I didn’t really want to believe him. I didn’t want it. Those words. The same words he said to me just a little while ago. The three words he hasn’t spoken to me since last year.

They’re the same words I so desperately want to tell him. But I’m not sure if he’d believe me. I mean, would you? After the way I treated him last year and before then, I don’t deserve him. I’m beneath him. Of course, he doesn’t see it. Doesn’t want to. Maybe I should just tell him. Tell him the three words.

I. Love. You.

The three words that change everything although they really shouldn’t. It’s there. It’s always there, just under the surface, itching to be allowed to be said. To be felt.

The three words I want to tell him, but I don’t.

Why?

It’s too easy. It would be the easiest thing I’ve done in my life.

And that scares me.

Just three words.

I don’t tell him but I hope that he can feel it as we fall asleep in each other’s arms.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=9433