Asylum by lindsay
Summary: New Summary: Buffy spent 5 years in an institution only to get out and find that vamps do exist and she wasnt crazy. Her moms dead and her dad might as well be. She meets Spike whos not your average vampire. As she fights by his side and learns to love him will the one thing shes destined to destroy be her only salvation in a world where nothing is as it should be? (Spuffy i promise) Disclaimer: I own nothing Buffy wise
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 19458 Read: 20240 Published: 05/12/2005 Updated: 05/27/2005

1. Free by lindsay

2. A/N by lindsay

3. I'm a woman, hear me roar! by lindsay

4. Chosen by lindsay

5. A look into the past by lindsay

6. It just doesnt beat by lindsay

7. The last six years.... by lindsay

8. Sitting here with you by lindsay

9. Hypocrites by lindsay

10. "Once more with Feeling" Linz style! by lindsay

11. One by lindsay

12. Bloody Fucken Hell by lindsay

13. Tonight part 1 by lindsay

14. The real you by lindsay

15. The Battle by lindsay

16. Unlife was good/ THE END by lindsay

Free by lindsay
Author's Notes:
If you wanna know more you have to read cause it's too long to summarize properly, sorry. Note: an asylum is an institution but it's also a shelter/safe- haven. It's not a fluffly Spuffy but it is a Spuffy lol!
Also the warnings for each chap will change so if their is certain things you dont wanna read keep an eye out for that!
The song i used is "You dont own me" by the blow monkies (tee hee)





“You’re free to go Buffy.” Doctor Rayne said and sent her a smile that gave her chills. He looked at her as she sat there motionless. She’d been in the asylum for five years, since her 16th birthday to be exact. Since she’d been there her parents had divorced and her mother had passed away. Tears came to Buffy’s eyes. ‘I let her down, I didn’t get better fast enough’ she thought to herself.

On the night of her sweet sixteen she’d gone to the Bronze with her best friends Willow and Xander. She’d met this amazing guy with the face of an angel. He was all broody and mysterious and that was so her type back then. She’d agreed to go for a walk with him and he got all creepy on her. When she woke up in the hospital days later she’d told her parents what had happened. Correction: what she had THOUGHT had happened she said in her head. Anyway she had told her parents and her friends that he had gone all “fangy” and sucked her blood. Everyone had looked at her like she was a freak and not long after they had institutionalized her because she refused to change her story.

A mister Ethan Rayne had been appointed her doctor and after three long years she’d finally given up and stopped believing her own tale. ‘I mean, only sickos believe in Dracula right? That stuff doesn’t happen in real life!’ is what she’d been telling herself for the last two years so often that she now believed it. ‘Someone probably slipped something into my drink that night’ she rationalized.

“Ahem.” Ethan coughed, clearing his throat to get her back to reality.

“Um, sorry doctor.”she said annoyed. There was something off about this man, he gave her the creeps.

He handed her a bottle of pills. Muscle relaxants really. Often times at night she’d wake up and tear the restraints right from her arms in the bed. The nurses where always whispering about how it wasn’t natural for a girl to be that strong but Ethan had declared that it was an overdose of adrenaline in her blood stream that occurred when she became aggravated, prescribed her those pills, which she was given nightly, and declared the situation under control. It seemed to appease the nurses somewhat and Buffy even belived it, why would the doctor lie even if he was creepy?

“Well Buffy. It’s time for you to get back to the real world.”

Was it her or was he trying to hide a smile?

“Yes, thank you for everything Dr.” she said standing up and offering him her hand. When he clasped it back she squeezed….hard. He winced and she plastered a fake concerned look onto her face.

“Oh I’m sorry Ethan, I guess the pills wore off from last night. Still, I’m just a girl so it shouldn’t hurt that much right?” she said taking that smug ‘I’m a macho man’ look that was always on his face down a peg.


She grabbed the papers that held all the info she needed for her ‘new life’ from the desk and walked to the door.

“Oh and Dr. ?”

“Yes Buffy?”

“Maybe you should get some ice for that.” She said pointing to his hand and walking out the door and into her freedom, giving everyone the finger on her way out.


You don't own me
I'm not just one of your many toys
You don't own me
Don't say I can't go with other boysBababa bababa ba!Don't tell me what to do
And don't tell me what to say
And when I go out with you
Don't put me on displayPretty Good!
I'm ImpressedYou don't own me
Don't try to change me in any way
You don't own me
Don't tie me down
'Cuz I'll never stayI don't tell you what to say
And I don't tell you what to do
So just let me be myself
That's all I ask of youI'm young and I love to be young
I'm free and I love to be free
To live my life the way I want
To say and do whatever I pleaseI'm young and I love to be young
I'm free and I love to be free
To live my life the way I want
To say and do whatever I pleaseOh no! You don't own me
You don't own me
You don't own me
Forever young and free
Darlin' you don't own meYou don't own me
You don't own me
You don't own me
Forever young and free
Darlin' you don't own me


She got off the bus and looked at the address. ‘1630 Revello Drive.’ She looked up at the street sign. Revello.Well her dad wasn’t kidding when he’d told her the house was right by the bus stop.


When her mother had passed Hank had come by to pick up Buffy for the funeral. He had bought her a house paid for in full and once she was ‘out’ she’d have access to a no-limits credit card. Wonderful gifts from a rich father who would do anything to keep his fucked up little girl out of his life.

She didn’t really mind though. It had been her mom and her friends who had visited often, never him. She’d been an embarrassment to him since the start. Well, as soon as she’d started seeing Pike that is. A cutey in his own way and a real sweetheart. Once Hank had found out his daughter was dating someone from the other side of the tracks they’ upped and moved to Sunnydale. She’d only heard from him once since them.

She’d gotten a call at three in the morning saying there was some weird guy that had been asking about her, seemed to like covering his face with a hakerchief a lot, and that his best friend was floating outside his window. Buffy assumed Pike had gotten drunk again and was seeing things, he was way to dependant on alcohol but before Buffy could talk some more her dad had picked up the other line and yelled so much and so loud that Pike had never phoned again.



She opened the door to her new place. She had to give Hank credit. When he wanted someone to stay the hell away from him he made sure that they did in style. It was a two story house. The living room was right off the entryway to the left, right ahead was the staircase leading to the second level and to the right was the kitchen, which had a door that led to a path to the backyard. There was a porch swing on the balcony in back.

Buffy went back inside. The place was also completely furnished, expensively. She walked upstairs and there was three bedrooms and a bathroom. Again each was furnished.

She sighed and unpacked the whole two outfits she had. She looked into the closet and a smile lit her face. ‘No clothes eguals lots of shopping with money I don’t need to earn.’

She lay across the bed and fell into a troubled sleep. The vampire she’d seen on her birthday along with many others haunted her sleep nightly. She’d never told anyone about the dreams at the hospital, fearful that they would think she was still crazy. She knew they didn’t exist so why was her subconscious trying to keep her believing. She didn’t let herself think about it often though, when she did it was all headachy!


She woke up the next morning and went downstairs to get something to snack on. She opened the fridge and grabbed an apple and diet coke. Unconventional yes, but she’d never been allowed soda because the sugar would get her ‘hyper’ the nurses had always explained.

She picked up the phone and dialled one of the two numbers she knew.

“Willow?”

“OH MY GOD BUFFY! Are you home? You wanna do something today?”

Laughing Buffy answered. “Yes I’m home, still feels weird though.”

“It must. I mean it’s so different from the asylum and theirs no one there with you now…..”

“Now that my mom is gone. It’s okay to say it Wills, I’ve made my peace with her.” ‘Liar’.

“That’s good t know Buffy.” Willow answered honestly but she didn’t believe her best friend. They would always be best friends no matter what happened, they’d made a pact the night before Buffy was ‘put away’ and they’ stayed true to it. They were only sixteen at the time, children really, but now they were woman.

“So Wills, you up for shopping today?”

Willow gasped. “Buffy i don’t know if I can handle that. The way you shopped when we where younger wasn’t normal and I’d hate to see it now after years of untapped enthusiasm.”

They both cracked up. “Is that a yes?”

“Of course it is the red head gushed. “Want me to call Xander and…”

“No Willow. I’m sorry but I think one friend at a time is the way to catch up properly.”

“You’re right. Plus I don’t wanna try on anything in front of him.”

“Wow, are you ever gonna get over that crush or at least do something about it?” Buffy teased.

Willow decided that now was as good a time as any to spill, she’d never told anyone before but this was Buffy and now they where allowed more then an hour a week to talk about things.

“Well I did get over it and I kinda did something about it.” She started.

“Oh my god are you two an item? That would be so cute, I mean you’ve liked him for years and now he like-“

“No Buffy, I’m gay.”

“Oh………….is she pretty?”

Willow sighed in relief. She knew she’d done the right thing by telling Buffy.

“So your not mad at me then?” she asked softly.

“Fuck no Wills, I’m happy for you. I wish you could have told me sooner but I do understand why you couldn’t.

“Thanx Buffy, it really means a lot to me.”

“Hey, would I get all judgy on you Wills? I’m a psychopath, you’re a lesbian. It’s all the same.”

Willow snorted. “She is.” It was so great to have her friend back and capable of joking about everything.

“Huh?”

“Pretty. She’s very pretty.









The two walked through the mall arm in arm on their way to the coffee shop. When they’d finished ordering they grabbed a table and slumped into some chairs.

“I’m pooped.” Willow said in a tired voice.

“Not me.” Buffy said full of energy, she’d been cooped up for 5 years, it was going to take something much more then a 4 hour shopping spree to wipe her out.

“Ya, your stamina is un-natural.” Willow teased.

Buffy started humming the theme song from the twilight zone and shaking her fingers but she stopped when she noticed Willows attention was somewhere else and she looked nervous.

“Wills?”

“See that guy over there by the water fountain?” her friend asked.

Buffy looked over and saw a tall man in a beige tweed suit, staring right at her.

“Ew…..tweed?”

“I know. Gives me the chilly willy’s.” Willow stated and added. “He keeps staring at you and taking his glasses off to clean them.”

“It’s pretty creepy but it’s probably some weird perv, don’t worry about it Wills.” Buffy said and put her hand on her friends to steady the redheads nerves.

She looked up and saw the man standing directly in front of their table now.

“Can I help you sir?” Buffy asked as politely as she could.

“I’m years too late for you.” The man said wiping his glasses again.

Buffy looked at Willow. “And I’m the one they lock away.” She turned her face to the man again. “Listen you pedaphile, if you don’t walk away I’m gonna call that security guard over to take you away.”

The man paled. “It’s not what you think Miss Summers.” His british voice had a pleading tone to it but both girls where too ‘icked out’ to notice and Buffy waved at the guard who started walking towards them.

The man walked away guickly and Buffy nodded her thanx to the uniformed man, letting him know everything was okay now.

Buffy saw Willows pale face. “What’s wrong Willow? I know he was creepy but-“

“He knew your name Buffy. How did he know your name?”




Leave a review please, I'll be answering each one so if there are any ?'s or suggestions post em there!
A/N by lindsay
Author's Notes:
Sorry this isnt a chap, just letting the reders know that i may not be able to post tonight as planned but i will asap, my comps all whacky and someones looking at it now....
-
I'm a woman, hear me roar! by lindsay
Author's Notes:
The song lyrics i used is Nickelbacks "Hero". Again ill be responding to evry review, so ?'s, opinions and everything else...please post there. For those of you who have reviewed i love you and thanx (love goes to all my readers as well :)
Buffy went home and walked downstairs to check it out and see what her dad had done to it. Her eyes flew open wide. It was as big as the first floor of the house. Behind the door on the left their was a laundry room and to her right a fully equipped personal gym. She walked through the door right in front of the stairs which lead to a small but beautiful bedroom. She was impressed, her dad had put a lot more money into this then she’d thought he would have.

She walked back upstairs and turned on the tv, falling asleep when Passions came on.

(Dream)

Standing in the middle of the desert in front of a fire, on the other side of the flames is a black woman crouched low with tribal ‘make-up’ on her face.

Buffy studied the woman and felt a sort of kinship with her but she was still creeped out.

“You know that really cant be good for your skin.”

“Death was your gift.”

Now she was really creeped out. “Um, eerie much?”

“Death WAS your gift,” the woman repeated, “Magicks have altered the world, path’s have been changed. You walk a new road.”

“What? I so don’t get what you’re trying to tell me.” Buffy said soflty.

The woman growled and with a bright flash dream Buffy was standing in a cemetery by a fresh grave. She read the marker ‘Buffy Anne Summers : She saved the world a lot’.

“What is this?” she yelled to no one because their was not a soul in sight..

“This WAS your gift.” A voice said from nowhere.

“So what’s my gift now?” Buffy screamed.

“Life.” The bodiless voice whispered into her ear and she woke up in a cold sweat.


“What the fuck?” Buffy whispered to the empty room and went to take a shower.


The sun had just finished setting and she was restless. It was time to go ‘talk’ to her mom.

She threw on her black leather pants and a white long -sleeved top, brushed her hair and walked into the night. She wrapped her arms around herself on the way to the graveyard, well A graveyard, Sunnydale seemed to have plenty of them. She wasn’t cold but the dream was still fresh in her mind and the words haunted her now, ‘Death WAS your gift, life IS your gift.'

‘What does it all mean? Why haven’t I had a decent nights sleep in the last five years?’ she asked herself as she searched for her mothers stone.

Finding it she kneeled down and started to clean it off. When she was done she placed a bouguet of lilies against it and sighed as tears sprang to her eyes.

“Hi mom, it’s me, Buffy. I know that youre in a better place now, that god gave to me for as long as he could and I know that your by his side right now, watching over me.”

The tears where flowing now and she could barely see through them. “I’m so sorry mommy. I wish I could have gotten better for you, for all of us before any of this happened. I know I disappointed you and daddy…..”

She couldn’t get any more words out after that and she just sat there crying for seconds, minutes, hours. She really couldn’t tell. When her eyes dried she stood up and wiped her face. “I’ll be back soon mommy.” She whispered and kissed her fingers before placing them on the tombstone.


She realised she must have been there quite a while because it was much darker than it had been when she’d arrived. She got lost trying to find her way out and was almost crying again in frustration when she saw someone and sighed in relief.

Walking over to the form in the shadows she called out to it. “Hey, any idea how to get out of this place?” she asked the man. It was a man, she could tell by his build.

“There is no way out for you tonight little lady.” The man sneered and stepped out of the darkness into a patch of moonlight.

Buffy sucked in her breath. His face was all bumpy and his teeth where fucked up just like……just like the thing that had attacked her so many years ago. The thing that was supposed to exist, the thing she'd only imagined...right?

“This cant be happening.” She mumbled.

“It is.” The creature snarled and lunged at her, knocking her down onto her back. She knew she should scream for help but she couldn’t find her voice so she went with punching instead.

The thing flew off her and rolled at least two meters away. ‘Okay Buffy, either that guy is really, really weak or something really fucked up is happening right now.’

The ‘man’ sprang to his feet with a snarl and started to circle her, sniffing the air as he did so.

She didn’t know why she didn’t run but for some reason she felt safe, strong, confident. It was like their had been something missing in the last few years of her life and she’d finally found it. She embraced the feeling whole heartedly and she smirked at the …..it?

“What are you anyway?” she asked with curiosity blatant in her voice.

“What are you?” It growled back.

“I asked you first.” She pouted.

“Vampire. Your turn.” It answered, it’s voice a hiss.


“I’m a woman, hear me roar!”she smiled and attacked. If she was gonna die it wouldn’t be without a fight, if she lived she would find out somehow what the fuck was going on.

She punched, it blocked. He kicked, she ducked. They fought for only a few minutes before she gained the upper hand, sweep kicking his legs out from under him.

Once he was down she stradled him, rabbed his neck and twisted until a disgusting CRACK filled the night air.

She jumped up in horror as the ‘vampire’ started twitching around but laughed all the while, not dying.

Just then a man came running out of seemingly nowhere with a piece of wood in his hand. He plunged it into the creature and POOF, no more twitchy, laughy thing. Just dust.

She looked up at the man. “You.” She said before fainting. Her ‘rescuer’ picked up her tiny body and started to carry her out of the graveyard, not noticing the glowing ember coming from the side of the crypt.

“Seems we have a new hero here in Sunnyhell.” The voice said out loud as it tossed it’s smoke to the ground and used it’s black boots to crush it, smelling the vanilla in the air from her body wash and smiling in spite of itself. “And a pretty one at that. It's about bloody time, I cant do this on my own anymore."



* I am so high, I can hear heaven.
I am so high. I can hear heaven.
No heaven, no heaven dont hear me.

And they say that a hero can save us.
Im not gonna stand here and wait.
I'll hold onto the wings of the eagles.
Watch as they all fly away.

Someone told me love will all save us.
But how can that be, look what love gave us.
A world full of killing, and blood-spilling
That world never came.*

Please let me know what you thought guys, it means a lot to get your opinions! it helps too with motivation for posting faster and suggestions are always great to get as well.
Chosen by lindsay
Author's Notes:
I know that things are gonna be reallyconfusing in this chap but ill explain more about Ethan in the next and i'll have a flashback to how Ethan pulled all of this off. Also there will be a flashback to when Spike sees Buffy and decides to change his ways. Dont worry the next chap will explain evrything clearly i hope.
Buffy kept her eyes shut when she woke up. She knew she was on a couch and that her clothes where still on so wherever she was chances where it wasn’t in some sex freaks house….unless he wanted her awake to hear her screams. ‘Fuck I need to get out of here.’ She felt him walking by and with deadly accuracy her hand shot out and grabbed his neck, eyes still closed.

“Miss Summers, are you awake?” a british voice asked.

“No I’m just sleep-choking moron.” She said and got up, not releasing him. “What the fuck is going on?”

He pointed to his neck and looked at her pleadingly, she let him go. “I’m stronger then you.”she said as a warning.

“I know.” He said rubbing the skin that she had been gripping and sat in the chair across from the couch.

She stayed standing as he began to talk.

“I’ve been looking for you for years, since the night you where chosen Buffy. I’m from something called the council. I’m a watcher, you’re watcher.”

“So what? You watch me all the time? What kind of kink freak are you?”

The man sighed. “You don’t understand. There are evils in this world that you are far too unaware of for someone of your status.”

“And what exactly is my status?”

“Vampire slayer.” He answered as if that explained everything. She just gave him a dirty look so he continued. “Into every generation a slayer is born. One with the strength and skills to fight the vampires and reduce the swell of evil. One girl in all the world is chosen to do this.”

“Why just one?”

“Ummmmmmm, you know I really don’t know.”

“Okay so I’m expected to believe all this?” she asked incredulously.

“Well yes, it would make things simpler.”

Buffy sat down on the couch. It would definitely explain some things. The dreams she always had, the man tonight in the graveyard, the man who had attacked her years ago and tried to kill her.

“Okay.”

“Pardon me?”

“Okay, I believe you. So what happens now? Why was I chosen and why do you keep saying you’re years too late?”

“The night you where attacked by Angelus altered the fate of the world. He was meant to be your lover, your companion, your mate so to speak.”

“You mean that asshole who bit me?”

“Um, yes. Unfortunately someone got to him before the messenger from the powers that be and he lost his soul. You where sent to an institution and hidden from the council and myself, as well as from demons, by a dark magick that cloaked your spirit.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“When you where still living in L.A there was a watcher by the name of Merrick that was sent to find you. He died never being able to inform you of your duties as a potential. When the council found out that he was gone they sent me to L.A to look for you but you where already gone. We just didn’t know where to . Then magick was used made it seem as though you had died . You where completely wiped from our ‘radar’ so to speak. We began to look for the next slayer but one was never appointed. Finally years later we found an oracle strong enough to sense you through even the strongest of spells and we found you hear in Sunnydale.”

Buffy was quiet for a moment. “Do you know what ive had to deal with for the last five years?” She finally spat out. “I was put away for being crazy cuz ‘HELLO’ vamps and creepy things only existed in my head, not in the real world. I lost five years of quality time with my mom who died thinking I was crazy” she was yelling now. “You could have looked harder, you could have searched for me. The time I lost at the Sunnydale Institution is time I’ll never get back and I’ll never get my mother back.”

She began to cry and sank to her knees in her desperation. Giles went to her and hugged her tight. “Im sorry Buffy. Im so sorry for your losses.” He repeated over and over again until the girl quieted down once more.

“Is he still alive?”

“Who?”

“Angelus.” She said with a cold voice that gave him shivers.

“Yes.”

“Not for long.” She stood up and wiped her tears. ‘This is for you mom’ she said silently and looked at the man.

“What’s your name?”

“Rupert Giles.”

“Well Giles, let the lessons begin.”

She was gonna find him and she was gonna kill him. Hed stolen the only precious time that she’d had left with her mother and he was gonna hurt for it.

“First things first Buffy, what do you know about an Ethan Rayne?”

“He was my doctor. What does he have to do with this?”

“He was the one that used the magick to hide you, the one that changed the path of your fate.”

Buffy snarled. She’d always hated that creepy little fucker.

“Thankfully he changed it for the better hopefully.” Giles continued. “You see Buffy it was written in fate that you where going to die saving the world. It seems that now life is your gift though where not too clear as to what exactly that means.”

“You know im tired of hearing that.”

“Someone else has told you this?” the man asked intrigued.

“Nope, just my dreams.”

“Interesting.” He said cleaning his glasses. “Now, shall we begin?”









“Fancy meeting you here mate.” Spike said with a smirk.

“It’s been a long time my boy.”

“I’m not your boy you poof.”

“Your right Spike. But you used to be. You used to kill by my side but now you fight for good, for humans and puppies and all that bullshit.”

“Your wrong Angel, I fight for only one thing.”

“And whats that?”

“For her.” Spike said with a smile remembering the girl whistler had pointed out to him in L.A one night. He’d been walking through an alleyway fresh from a kill when a half breed had approached him. Told him he was a messenger from the powers that be and that he should follow him. Being in a good mood and full, even though he’d be hungry in a hour since he had eaten chinesse, Spike followed the strange little man and what he’d seen had changed his life forever. All the part demon had done was pointed out a girl walking home with her friends but it had been enough. As he had watched her talking and laughing so carefree and full of spirit he felt something go through him that he couldn’t describe, but it was more powerful then the demon that raged inside him. He turned to the half breed called Whistler and said simply. “I want to help her.” But Angelus had killed her years ago, he had failed her. He had followed her to Sunnydale when she’d moved and he had been the one to stop Angel from draining her dry, the one who had brought her to the hospital. But none of it had helped. The slayer had been slayed on her first night chosen. The Doctor, Ethan Rayne, had told him moments later after exiting her room that she was gone. Still he fought for her memory.

They fought each other roughly until it was close to sun up. Neither one gaining the upper hand. Finally Angel raised his hands and stepped back, turning to leave.

“I’ll see you around Spike, since the slayers back I’ll be here for awhile.”

“I wont let you get this one Angel.” He yelled to the retreating form.






Sorry to cut you guys off their when its stll so confusing but if you read the authors note you'll see why. Any ?'s or comments? If so please leave a review :)
A look into the past by lindsay
Author's Notes:
Read and see and if your still confused leave a remark in the review area and ill reply :) love ya guys! Thanx to all my readers and reviewers, in the next chap ill be possting the names of everyone whos reviewed as a thank you :)
(This chap is flashbacks to how Spike ended up being good, how Angel lost his soul and why ethan had the power to hide her from everyone)


Ethan sat in a room with black candles lit, speaking in ancient summarian. After a moment smoke filled the room in the shape of a man.

“Great one, I plead with you. Hear me out.”

“Speak mortal.” It hissed.

“I have called you forth to ask for your help.”

“You dare presume that I, the first evil, will help the likes of you?” it bellowed.

Ethan shook with fear but continued on. “I will be your slave if you grant me one thing. Power.” The selfish glint in his eye made the first think.

“There is a force approaching that will stop me from gaining a foothold into this world, it’s blood will be my undoing and the undoing of evil everywhere.”

“I’ll kill it for you, in return for power.” Ethan stressed again.

The first saw its own evil in this man and nodded. “No, you will not kill it. It musnt be killed just yet, I have plans for it. I need it stalled.”

“Let me do it my lord.”

“Fine. I will grant you what you ask of me in return for your assistance human. But you must abide by my every will when I so desire or you will be destroyed..”

Ethan nodded his head eagerly and the black smoke entered his body, enhancing his entire being. His eyes went jet black for a moment before returning to their natural color as the first exited him.

“You must use the magik I have endowed you with to hide the girl. A Buffy Summers, you must make the watchers council believe she is dead, she must be hidden from them at all costs.”

“How did you know about the watchers council and that I was a part of it?” he asked confused.

“Fool” it roared, “I have seen everything that has passed and all that will come to pass, my eyes are everywhere.”

Ethan lowered his head. “So what do you want me to do?”

“Take her away from everyone that loves her, she will find strength in that and so it must be ripped from her.”

Ethan being the sick bastard that he was had the perfect plan. Now he just had to get it started. Especially now that he had the power to do so. Power had been the only thing he’d ever truly wanted, and the price was not large in his selfish eyes.




Ethan walked up to the vampire in the shadows that had been trying to eat a rat.

“You’re disgusting.” He spat out. “What happened to Angelous, scurge of Europe?”

“He got a soul.” Angel said quietly.

“Well things change don’t they?” Ethan said laughing as he put his hands to Angels head and ripped the soul right from him.

Angelus stood up and snarled but sensed the waves of power coming from the man. Even he was scared of it.

“Your welcome, now follow me. We have some things to discuss.”




Whistler walked into the alley moments later but didn’t see Angel where the powers had told him to find him. He heard a scream and ran towards it, running into a bleached haired vampire in the process.

Voices filled Whistlers head : “Destiny has been changed, show this one instead.”

“It is too late for Angel but this one may be of value. Show him the girl, we will do what we can.”



Whistler brought Spike to the edge of the lane and pointed out a group of highschool children. “What do you see?” he asked the vampire.

Spike counted 3 people so he answered “Breakfast, lunch and supper. Why?”

Whistler sighed. “Look harder.”

Spike looked again and his gaze fell onto a girl with golden hair that fell down her back and a smile that lit up the night sky. He couldn’t help but stare. As he watched something went through him, almost like a surge and for a split second his heart beat. But only for a second before the voices started in his head. He sank to his knees as he listened.

“You felt it, what you could have, what you will have if you help this girl, she must survive.”

“You can be mortal and live your days to the end with her if you keep her safe, protect her.”


“I want to.” Spike whispered out loud and it wasn’t for their promises or their words, it was for her. William the man would have written books for this beautiful girl in front of him, William would have fallen in love with her immediately and therefore a part of Spike did that night as he watched his sunshine from the shadows. She’d given him light and he would always protect her for that, wether or not he would become human for his actions.


He stood up and walked away with the half breed Whistler, looking back once but she was already gone.






He followed her to Sunnydale when her and her family moved, happy that she wouldn’t be seeing that idiot Pike any longer. What kind of name was Pike anyway. Spike was so much better!

He followed her out one night as was his habit and he walked into the Bronze shortly after she did. He watched her dance and sway and was hypnotized by her movement. He knew that tonight she would be chosen, Whistler and The Powers that Be had explained that to him.

He turned around for a moment to stake a vamp that was attacking a girl on the balcony and took the girl to her friends. When he looked back she was already gone. He ran down the steps and out the door when it hit him. Angels scent. He took off following the signature smell that was his grandfathers, he knew he was soulless and sadistic.

His heart would have stopped beating if it was working when he got to the graveyard. Buffy was limp in Angels arms and she was covered in blood. With a roar Spike lunged at Angel and tried to stake him but Angel dropped Buffy and fled. (After all Ethan had demanded that the girl stay alive for future purposes, his job was done here)

Spike scooped up the girl and could hear how faint her heartbeat was as he raced towards the hospital. When he got there he ran in and screamed for help.

A man came rushing up and took her away from Spike into a room. The man emerged from the room moments later.

“What happened to her?”

“Is she alright Dr Rayne?” Spike begged after seeing the mans nametag.

“She’s gone.”

“No.”

“I’m sorry sir, but she died at 12:46 am from loss of blood.”

Spike turned and fled the hospital, tears streaming his face.


Ethan watched the vampire run from the place and smiled. “Stupid vamp.” He said with a smirk and with a snap of his fingers he was gone, a different doctor standing in his place.

‘I feel strange’ Dr. Phil said to himself as he looked at his clipboard and saw that his new patient Buffy Summers needed blood stat. ‘Feels like I wasn’t quite myself for a moment there’ but he shook those thoughts away as he went in search of a nurse.


Buffy woke up and saw her friends and family standing around her. She started to mumble about vampires and other crazy things. Joyce and Hank left the room and went in search of a doctor.

“excuse me.” Joyce said to one that was standing close by.

“Yes?”

She explained what Buffy was going through and what she was saying and he recommended an institution where he worked as well. He would see to it that she was taken care of properly.

Hank took the doctors card and offered his thanks, Joyce could only cry. They where gonna have to commit their baby and it broke her heart. No one seemed to notice that the doctor Joyce and Hank had been talking to was gone and in his place a very disturbed Dr Phil.




Okay, I hope this helps everyone a little, it helps me lol. Just so you know the first recruited Ethan and gave him the power to do anything he had to to get Buffy away from everyone and keep her alive. If her blood spills it’s the firsts undoing for now, later the first will want her dead. The powers that be think they can salvage Buffys path even though its been altered. That sums it up I think. So this is it : Buffy needs to stay alive but for two diff reasons, one for evil, one for good. Keep your fingers crossed for good guys lol

By the way im well aware that this chap sucks lol so dont be too cruel :)
It just doesnt beat by lindsay
Author's Notes:
Any ?'s or comments...leave a review and ill respond. Hope you all like the update! Love ya!
Okay this chap takes up right after the second one, when Spike and Angel have their confrontation. The last chap was just to make things clear. Now that that’s said I have a special thanx to give to my reviewers. I love you guys so much, you’re the reason I write (well for the readers too). Whenever I open a review I get so happy and it encourages me. So heres an I love you to all my inspirations : Panta_Rei, CordyKitten, Crystal Pegasus, Seraiza, Shanbits, BuffyandSpikeforever, Bloodshedbaby, melissa g!!!! You guys rock.

I hope everyone likes this one….here we go!


Buffy had passed out after about 6 hours of reading with Giles. The man had been impressed. She had caught on quickly and seemed to retain everything he’d told her. He’d started with the ways to kill them. He never wanted to see another thing twitch the way the vamp had from the night before. It was almost sunset and she’d been sleeping long enough. He shook the sleeping form on his couch and she opened sleepy eyes.

“Morning.” She mumbled.

“Night time actually.”he said with a smile as she jumped from the couch. She was already growing on him, he didn’t have children of his own but if he did he’d want them to have her courage and strength. Not the slaying kind of strength either, the inner strength she had. All things considered she was adapting to her “new life” rather quickly. She just needed to work on her fighting skills. Thankfully it really only took one good fight for a slayer to enhance their abilities, a so called gift from the shadow men who had never really thought about the “what if she doesn’t win the first fight” aspect of the deal.

“ I think it would be best if you patrolled alone tonight Buffy.”

“What?” she almost yelled as her eyes popped.

“I’ll stand outside of the cemetery, you’ll just have to yell if something doesn’t feel right and ill come to your aid. It would be best for you to try slaying on your own. You’ll have to learn quick to stay alive.”

Buffy nodded. His reasoning made sense and she really didn’t want to die. Knowing he would be there she knew she would be okay tonight.

She went home to shower and change and headed to the cemetery for nine o’clock to meet wit her watcher.

They went over the do’s and don’t’s and shortly after she was strolling the graves, trying to find a fresh one.

She came across one that had dirt scattered everywhere and mentally “uh oh-ed” just as someone grabbed her from behind.

Letting her slayer/survival instincts take over she head butted the vamp (it had to be a vamp with the grip it had on her) and dashed out of it’s arms.

She turned around to face her attacker…..and laughed.

“Okay, I know your dead and all but your fresh dead. So how does that explain your “been dead for thirty years haircut”?”

The guy had a pure beatles do and she couldn’t take him seriously and snickered out loud again.

“Bitch” it said angrily and lunged at her again. She stoped him in mid air with a roundhouse kick that jet lee would have gawked at and the second he fell there was a piece of wood in his heart.

“Now watch your mouth young man, you’re only like what? An hour old?” and with that it was dust.

She jumped up and down like a cheerleader giving herself mental “hoo-rahs” when she heard a clapping noise. Turning around partially she froze.

It was the man of her dreams literally. She’d seen his face countless times in her dreams but never more then flashes. If there ever was a god, it was in this specimen. Bleached blond hair that was slicked back 50’s style, the bluest eyes she’d ever seen and cheekbones that could make any girl faint if they didn’t have super powers. Decked out in black jeans, black top and a black leather duster that fell almost to his ankles he was a vision. She could have done with out the smoke in his mouth but he even made cancer look good.

And then he spoke and she knew he was evil.

No one is allowed to be that hot and have a sexy accent. It was just too much to handle.

“First kill pet?”

“Who are you?”

“Blunt are we?” he said with a little laugh.

She faced him fully with a sarcastic comment ready to slip out but it disappeared when he saw her face and sunk to his knees. He looked…..shocked to say the very least.

“You’re…alive.”

“Um, ya.”

He still sat there, almost catatonic and Buffy approached him.

“Why wouldn’t I be……”

“Spike” he whispered, “m’name is Spike.”

He tentatively reached a hand to her face and for reasons she didn’t understand she let him. The moment his skin touched hers they drifted closer each other.

Only centimetres apart Spike held an un-needed breath. She was alive and well. She wasn’t gone, she was here, in front of him but he still wouldn’t let himself believe it.

“Are you okay?” she whispered.

She put her hand to his neck to see if he was breathing, it looked like his heart had stopped when he’d seen her.

No pulse she realised but didn’t move or run.

“So cold.” She whispered again. She put his hand over his heart.

“No heartbeat” she said softly. She took her stake out of her pocket and his eyes widened but he didn’t move, didn’t try to grab it. She placed it next to her on the grass, never letting her eyes stray from his face.


He put his hand over hers and looked into her eyes.

“You’re heart doesn’t work.” She stated simply, knowing he was a vamp.

“No, it just doesn’t beat.” He answered, when she lifted an eyebrow in confusion he took their hands and placed it over her own beating heart.

“It still works Slayer, but you have it.”

She didn’t care that this was a vamp, there was definitely some sort of connection between them. She nodded her head in understanding, she knew that he cared for her but why and to what extent she didn’t know.. He looked so familiar, like they’d met somewhere before but she couldn’t place where or when, and she wasn’t talking about in her dreams.

She stood up and brushed off her pants. “I’ll be here tomorrow at around the same time, maybe you can explain how you seem to know me?”

“I’ll be there Slayer, wear black again, suits you.” He said with a slight smirk.

“Well see Spike.” She said and walked away, leaving him still on his knees. ‘Maybe you could take advantage of that position Buffy…..BAD BUFFY you don’t even know him…..or do you?’she asked herself as she went to meet Giles to report back to him. It was hard not to turn around and stay with him, it was like there was a force trying to keep her next to him, but if she had she would have seen the smirk he’d been wearing turn into a full fledged grin.

He could smell her arousal.


Sorry its such a short chap but I have to do some stuff. I’ll try to post again later. In the next chap Giles will tell Buffy about Spike (what he knows at least) and whistler will show up as a messenger from the ptb to explain everything he can to them (how buffy was hidden, what happened to Spike and Angel……blah blah blah.)

Please review and let me know J
The last six years.... by lindsay
Author's Notes:
(At the bottom)
Spike watched her walk away with a huge grin on his face, she was alive and he was sitting there looking like a nancy boy. This thought only made him smile wider ‘It’s worth it to look like a poof for her’ he decided.



Giles and Buffy sat in her kitchen. Well she sat and he paced.

“This is terrible, absolutely terrible.” He kept repeating.

She had just told him about the vamp she’d met (minus all the yummy details and naughty thoughts) and he’d been wigging ever since.

“Giles, stop!” she said forcibly enough to get the man to slow down at least. “Whats the big anyway? He didn’t try to bite my neck like it was candy or anything. He seemed really sweet and he seemed to genuinely care about me.”

“Impossible Buffy”, wipes his glasses for the thousandth time in the last hour, “vampires cant feel, they have no soul. Well, one did but it was a curse and it was taken from him again.”

“Which vamp was that?” she asked with curiosity “And how did it happen?”

“It was the one who bit you, angelus. He killed with no mercy for about a hundred years before he killed the daughter of a romani tribe’s chief. They where well skilled in the magicks needed to do this but the spell has been lost for ages. For a hundred years he tried to make what he did right and somehow, he lost it again.”

“Okay then. Weird. But anyway what has you so freaked out about Spike? He’s just a vamp and I could kill him right?”

Giles sighed and looked into her eyes. “That’s what they thought too.”

“Who?”

“The two other slayers who have faced him before.”

“What happened?”

“Well Buffy, when a slayer dies another is chosen, now it’s you.”

“He killed them…..”

“Rather quickly too might I add.”

“But if he was still like that wouldn’t he have killed me tonight?”

“Um, yes I suppose he would have. Things are rather unclear right now. Spike vanished from our sights about five and a half years ago, we thought him dead actually.”

“Wow you guys really are quick to assume that people are dead aren’t you? Just because we disappear doesn’t mean where gone…..”

She stopped when Giles gave her the british version of the evil eye, which was really just a regular look but being british and middle aged made it look creepier!

“I wish I knew what has been going on the last 6 years and why every things is so muddled up at the moment.” Giles said as the doorbell rang.

Buffy answered it and smiled at the man on her porch. “Hi. Can I help you?”

“My names Whistler, I’ve come to tell you whats been going on for the last six years and why everything is so fucked up.”

Buffy laughed. “Well that’s convenient.”

Giles just scowled.




(4 hours later)


“So let me get this straight. You Giles, used to be a watcher with Ethan until he rebelled and went all power hungry. The fucker who bit me was destined to be one of the loves of my life because he was all ‘I have a soul, ask me how?’. I was supposed to die jumping off a tower to save a key that opened dimensions in the form of my sister. My best friend Willow is a witch and when I died she was gonna resurrect me which would fuck up everything and the first evil would get a foothold into the world via me being alive again and then we would make every potential in the world be ‘all that they could be’ slayer wise. Because Ethan is working for the first now and has powers that hid me and what not and took away Angels soul the first needs to keep me alive for the next two months because I have to be bled over it’s symbol on Halloween night for it to become corporeal. Oh, and lets not forget Spike is kinda good now instead of tall dark and broody. Because of all of this my gift is life but we don’t know what that means. So essentially none of this matters.Is that about right?”

“Um ya.” Whistler mumbled.

“And it took you four hours to tell us this?”

“Y-ya…”

“I’m going to bed.”

Buffy walked up the stairs and left Giles and the messenger from the powers finish their talk. She had better things to do. Like dream abt blue eyes and cocky smirks.....

Let me know what you thought, leave a review please :) Oh and heres a little hint to what one of my upcoming chapters will be .....think "Once more with feeling" but with some twists in the lyrics to fit me story...what do you guys think about that? its taking quite a while to change them so that the songs can still be sung like the original beat wise lol so i would appreciate it if you guys would let me know if its something youre interested in seeing....love y'all!
Sitting here with you by lindsay
Author's Notes:
bottom...
“Hey Wills. Im glad you could make it. You too Xander, I missed you so much.” She said giving them both huge hugs.

“I missed you too Buffster. So um, why did you wanna meet in the cemetery after dark?”

“Because I have something to show you guys. You wouldn’t believe it if I used words. Oh, is your new girlfriend Anya coming?”

“Ya, there she is right now.”

They turned around and saw a pretty brunette walking towards them, she introduced herself to Buffy, said hi to Willow and practically raped Xander with her tongue.

“Um, sweetie? Remember that talk we had about things we do in private?”

“I know, but I felt the immense need to mark my territory.” Anya said and stared at Buffy.

She had seen this girl in her dreams before and Whistler had confirmed that what she’d seen was correct.

“How old are you?” Buffy asked slyly.

“22 years old.”

“How old are you really….Anyanka?”

Anya sighed and looked at Xander. This new girl new what she used to be and their was no use hiding it anymore.

“1120.”

Willow and Xander laughed while Buffy only nodded.

“Human now?”

“Ya my amulet got smashed a few years back which took away my demon powers and immortality. Its how I met Xander.” She reached for his hand but he shied away.

“WHAT? WHAT THE GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY IS GOING ON? THIS ISNT FUNNY.”

“No, it’s not Xander.” Buffy said. “Remember that thing that attacked me but doesn’t really exist?”

“Ya the vampire thingy you talked about for a while before the doctor cured you? Willow, why are you so pale?”

Buffy answered for her redheaded friend. “there’s one right behind you.”

Xander turned slowly and saw fangs. He screamed like a little girl and Buffy went into slayer mode. She kicked the things ass swiftly and dusted it.

“So, all in favor of me not being sent to an asylum for thinking their real say aye.”

Everyone said aye and Xander promptly passed out.

It took a few minutes but he woke up when Anya pinched his nipple.

“Ow” he yelped.


They all went back to Buffys and she explained everything. Willow came out of the closet admitting she was a witch and she practiced white magik with her girlfriend Tara. Anya told them all a bit more about herself and Xander had gone from shocked, to pissed, to scared and surprisingly to okay with it all. He really loved her more then anything.

Willow and Xander gushed out apologies for not believing her years ago especially when Willow had found out magick was real, she felt bad about not realising that demons could be too.

Anya and Xander left to go sort things out between them, Buffy knew they where going to have a hard time but the love they shared was so clear that she knew they’d overcome it. He was a demon magnet anyway, he’d had Harmony Kendall and Cordelia Chase chasing after him during highschool so she thought that Anya was a good step up from those two.


When she was finally alone she showered and changed, putting on black joggers and a black tank.

She ran to the cemetery and was proud to realise she wasn’t out of breath after the 10 minute mad dash.

There he was. Smoking a cigarette in a black wifebeater and black jeans. It was too muggy for even a vampire to wear a coat. But now she could see his too well defined arms and she couldn’t think straight.

“Slayer.” He greeted.

“Slayer.” He repeated when she didn’t answer and waved a hand in front of her face.

She laughed when she realised shed been zoning.

“So you want my tight body then?”

There it was. That smile she would kill for….well, kill a demon for at least, not a human!

“I don’t know you.”

“Why would that change the fact that you want me?”

“It doesn’t….I mean I don’t…..want you….”

He was full out laughing at her now and she blushed. He thought it was adorable.

She spoke again. “Okay, maybe I do want you but that’s not what we’re here to discuss.”

“Right then, lets talk shall we?” In his head he was doing cartwheels at her admission of wanting him.


They sat down in the grass, closer then a slayer and a vamp should be sitting but it didn’t seem to matter to them. After Buffy told him about all the magicks that had been used to conceal her from everyone that would be able to tell her off her destiny she turned and asked….

“Why does it feel like I know you? I know that where kinda drawn to each other because your sort of my protector from the ptb’s but…”

Spike cut her off. “That’s not why im here Buffy. Im here because the second I saw you it was like seeing the sun, only I didn’t burn, I didn’t die. I came alive for the first time in my entire existence. I know that this wasn’t the way things where supposed to be but im grateful that it all turned out this way. I don’t know how I would have lived forever without ever knowing you existed.”

Buffy gasped. She’d never heard such beautiful words. Still things weren’t adding up just yet.

“Okay so weve established that youre hot for me too” this earned her a smile from his luscious lips “but why don’t you feed? Why are you good?”

Spike sighed, he felt like William again but if it meant he could get closer to this girl hed tell her everything truthfully.

“I do feed but from the butchers. I buy bags of blood. And I’m good because…because….”

She knew it must be hard for him to open up so she took his hand in hers and squeezed.

Spikes eyes involuntarily watered. “Im good because I was lucky enough to have seen the only reason I should be, you.”

She gripped his hand even harder as her eyes began to water too. “Spike, the way I feel about you. I don’t think its just because the powers that be decided we where “meant to be”, I think it goes farther than that. It’s something I feel here.” She put his hand over her heart.

“All that the ptb’s did love was bring me to you, the rest I did on my own. They have nothing to do with the fact that I care for you. As for you its probably just built in slayer feelings, you know. ‘Kill the vamp, dust the vamp, bad vamp’ and all that rot”

“What about kiss the vamp?” she asked softly.

Spike tore his hand away from her and his mouth hung open in shock. “What?”

“What I feel for you goes beyond my slayer instincts Spike. The slayer in me doesn’t even want to fight you, it wants to hold you……So um, anyway, the ptb’s promised you youd be human again if you helped them?”

“Ya, but that’s just a bonus pet.”

“What do you mean? You must miss being human, what could be better then that?”

“Sitting here with you.”

She leaned in and kissed him, shocking them both. Spikes thoughts whirled through his head. When the powers that be had told him if he helped them he would become human and be able to live out the rest of his days with Buffy he had assumed as friends. Then he had believed her dead and it had ripped him apart. Then she was back and she was okay with him, seemed to like him even, then her tongue was in his mouth…..wait, tongue in his mouth. ‘Naughty slayer’ he thought and growled as their kiss deepened and he let himself get lost in the feel of this beautiful girl, his salvation in the form of a woman.




In this fic things are gonna move pretty quickly between the two of them but youll see why later, its not "just because", its something that i hope will shock everyone. The next chap is gonna be angsty but the one after that will be the musical which is a little angsty but it will end with Spuffyness :). Please keep the reviews coming, i love em and all you guys!!!
Hypocrites by lindsay
Author's Notes:
at the bottom
Buffy and Spike where fighting as was their nightly routine and she was thinking. ‘Why haven’t I pursued our relationship? Why have I been holding back? I want him, he wants me, its that simple right?’ But she knew in the back of her mind that no one except the two of them would be okay with this and shed have to talk to her friends gently about how she felt.

Two months passed and every day Buffy and Spike grew closer. He trained her nightly and held nothing back. Her skills grew in leaps and bounds and now he didn’t think he could beat her if his life depended on it. She was a natural spitfire. Nothing more ‘personal’ happened between them since their first kiss. Spike didn’t know why but he knew that the ball was in her court, he would never push her for anything.

Together with the help of what they now called “the scoobies”, which consisted of willow and Tara, Xander and Anya (who where now engaged), Giles, Buffy and Spike, they’d already averted two apocalypses.

Spike was too lost in thought and didn’t block the tiny hand that flew into his face in time. He fell back from the force and let out a yelp.

“Bloody hell slayer, you almost broke my nose!”

“Well you should have been paying more attention.” She said angrily.

“What the hell is wrong with you Buffy? I KNOW its not that time of the month so whats got your knickers in a twist then?”

“How do you know?”

He pointed to his nose.

“That’s fucken gross Spike. So I bore you know?”

“WHAT? When the bleedin hell did I say that?”

“Well you obviously weren’t into the fight, so where you thinking about someone else?”

She was pouting now. He stood up and brushed himself off.

“I was thinking about how much stronger you’ve become, stronger then any slayer I’ve ever faced.”

“Oh, well im sorry for snapping.” Buffy said shyly.

“AND for punching my nose!”

“Nope, not sorry for that!” she said giggling and tore off at full speed.

With an amused growl he chased after her.

She was swerving in and out of tombstones and making these cute little squealing noises. It made his heart swell, well as much as a dead one could.

He finally caught her and tackled her to the ground, pinning her underneath his body.

Her chest was heaving from the excitement and her face was lightly flushed, her smile was almost ear to ear.

“You look like an angel pet.” He said softly and wiped a stray strand of hair away from her eyes.

Her hand cupped his face and she ran her thumb across his bottom lip, he playfully nipped at it and she fake pouted.

“Lookit that lip, gonna get it.” He growled.

“I dare you too.” Her voice was so seductively mischevious that he couldn’t deny the invite.

He leaned in and pulled her bottom lip into his mouth and bit gently, earning him a gasp. He smiled as she slammed her mouth to his eagerly.

Tongues stroked, teeth nipped, hands roamed and then someone coughed.

Spike jumped up and pulled her to her feet when they noticed the other scoobies there.

“What the fuck is going on Buffy?” Xander screeched. “Why are you making out with deadboy?”

Buffy saw red. “Who the fuck do you think you are Xander. Don’t you ever call him tht again. He has a name and hes saved your ass enough times to have your respect. By the way have you forgotten that your fiancée used to be a demon?”

“Used to be Buffy, isn’t anymore. Remember?” Shed hurt his feelings, it was evident in his tone. ‘Good’ she thought.

“Ya which makes everything she did to the human species from disembowelment to massacre okay? I don’t think so!”

Xander looked away and Buffy glared at the others.

Giles was the second to speak. “We need to have a talk young lady.”he said quietly.

She turned without saying a word to anyone, including Spike and walked away to go to the magick box. It was Tara’s withcraft store and its where they always met to research and stuff. She knew the others would follow. Only not everyone did, she didn’t turn around so she couldn’t see the hurt on Spikes face. He’d thought he was accepted among them but now he thought he was wrong.

‘At least she defended me’ William was thinking while the demon was thinking ‘Why didn’t she stay by my side?’






Buffy sat there and the tears threatened to fall. The man she considered more of a father then her biological one had just told her it was forbidden for her to see a vampire, no matter how good they seemed. Her two best friends had acted disgusted at the mere thought of her being with him. Thankfully Tara and Anya hadn’t said a word, she wouldn’t have been able to handle it.

She stood up and looked at everyone coldly. Fuck the whole ‘go gentle with them’ idea shed had earlier that night. They’d pissed her off.

“You people are all hypocrites. You all say you love me and want whats best for me but you tell me I cant have what makes me happy. Im the slayer, the chosen one. Im not gonna live long, im out there every night fighting off death and one day death is gonna win.”

She waited for that to sink in and she continued. “I spent a huge chunk of my life thinking I was crazy and locked up and now that im free what do you guys do?”

No one answered. “You take away my freedom. You take away the one thing that makes it okay knowing I was born to die young, born to save the world, born to fight all kinds of evils that shouldn’t exist. And I do it for you, all of you, my loved ones, my supposed friends, my family.”

The look on her friends faces where apologetic. She didn’t care if they where sorry though, she wasn’t done yet.

“Willow, you still thought I was crazy after finding out that magick and all kinds of weird things existed. But it didn’t cross your mind once that what I saw was real. Xander, your fucken engaged to an ex demon, who are you to judge me. Don’t get me wrong, I love you Anya, but what you used to do was horrible, worse even then what Spike has done. So why do you think he’s evil Xan? It didn’t take him getting some stupid amulet smashed to want to be good, he did that all himself. And you!” she said looking at Giles.

“You more then anyone know how hard it is to be the slayer. You’ve read their books and their journals. Are you so selfish that you will ‘forbid me’ to see Spike for whatever time I have left in this world? You all make me sick right now. Im leaving.”

She stormed off leaving them all alone to absorb what she’d just said and went to find Spike.








Thanx to all my readers and reviewers, i love you guys. Okay the next chap is the musical in which i've chaged the lyrics to the actual songs from the show slightly to fit my fic, i hope you guys will like it. Please leave a review (?'s or comments ill answer each one) and ill try to post the next chap tonight if i can :)
"Once more with Feeling" Linz style! by lindsay
Author's Notes:
PLEASE let me know what you thought, it took a really long time to do this. Oh and if you have the cd you can actually sing the songs and see that the lyrics for the most part still fit the music lol. Which i actually did because im a loser but anyway, again please review this chap it would mean a lot to me! Thanx to all my readers and reviewers, i love you guys!
Buffy walked through the cemetery when suddenly a strange feeling went through her. ‘Uh oh’ was all she had time to think before something terrible happened.

She started to sing.


Every single night the same arrangement
I go out and fight the fight
Still I always feel this strange estrangement
Nothing here is real
Nothing here is right

I ‘ve been making shows of trading blows
Just hoping no one knows
That im just going through the motions
Walking through the part
Only he can penetrate my heart….

I was always brave but still alone
But now I think Ive found my home
Crawl out of your grave youll find this fight
Just doesn’t mean a thing

(a group of vamps and a demon appear)

Demon- Boy that girl can sing

Thanx for noticing

Vamps- She does pretty well with fiends from hell
But lately we could tell
That she was going through the motions
Faking it somehow

Demon-Now shes twice the girl we – oooooooowwwwwww
(Buffy runs a sword that was stuck in the ground through the baritone demon)

I wont stay this way forever
True love is my lifes endeaver

(cuts a man who is supposed to be hot loose from a tree)
Man- How can I repay-

Whatever

I don’t wanna be
Going through the motions
Losing all my drive
I can finally see
Where I need to be
And I just wanna be
With Spike


She looked around. The man had fled and the demons where dead. ‘Shit I need to find out whats going on, im rhyming in my head too!’ She walked all the way to Spikes crypt. He wasn’t home but there was a note taped to his door.

“Scoobies, the reason we’re all signing is cuz’ a demon boy named sweet showed up in town. Meet me at the Bronze….he’ll be there!”


Buffy walked alone through the lane that would bring her to the bronze and stopped by a fire that either the homeless or feisty demons had started. She didn’t really care as she reached out and put her hand over it. Her friends in the meantime where still sitting in the magick box and feeling like shit.




Buffy-I touch the fire and it scorches me
I look into it and feel sad
Why do I feel, the answers all to real
I want my big bad

Now through the smoke Sweet calls to me
To make my way across the flame
To save the day
Try not to melt away
Nothing is quite the same

So I will
Walk through the fire
And I wont let it burn
And I will walk through the fire
And …

(Shortly before Buffy stops by)
Spike sighed, he could feel a song coming on. He’d seen this sort of thing before and he taped a guick note to his door and headed for the Bronze, that kinda demon loved a musical kinda place and sunnydale really only had one.


Spike- The torch I bear is burning me
And Buffy needs me ive no doubt
I hope she’s fine, no one hurts whats mine
I better help her out

He walked with a purpose as he headed to the club, the only thing on his mind was her safety.



Sweet- Cause she is drawn to the fire
She has finally learned
And she will walk through the fire
And…


(In the magick box)
Giles- Why have I tried to change her, now I’ve put my charge in danger
Is my slayer all alone out there

Xan- What if Buffy cant defeat it?

Anya- Beady eyes is right where needed. None of us have been all that fair.

Anya/Xander/Tara/Giles- Well see it through its what we should be there to do
So we will walk through the fire

(exit the shop and start towards the bronze)

Buffy-So one by one they turned on me
I quess my friends cant see whats right
Bout who I chose, not one among them knows
That’s Spikes my guiding light

Anya- She left the magic box much graver
Spike- First I’ll kiss her then I’ll save her
Tara- Everything is turning out okay
Spike- No I’ll save her then I’ll kiss her
Willow- I think this lines mostly filler

Buffy-This endless day is finally ending in a blaze

Everyone- And we are caught in the fire
The point of no return
So we will walk through the fire
And….


(Everyone walks into the bronze at the same time but no one can look at each other)

The demon just laughs.

“Well hello everyone, what a beautiful entrance.” He mocked.

“How are you with death scenes?” Buffy shot back.

He just smiled. “Well that’s gloomy.”

“That’s life” she said sadly.

“Come now, is that how you really feel?”

You know how I feel.” Buffy said softly and walked to the conveniently empty middle of the room.


“Lifes a show and we all play our parts
And when the music starts
We open up our hearts"

She peeled of her jacket slowly and saw two wooden- boy things creeping up.

It’s alright, if some things come out wrong
Well sing a happy song
And you can sing along”

Buffy saw the two little pinnochios sneaking up on her so she grabbed a pool cue that was handy and knocked them out…or dead, she wasn’t really sure.

“Wheres theirs life, theirs hope
Everydays a gift
Wishes can, come true
Whistle while, you work
So hard
All day

To be like other girls
To fit in in this glittering world
Don’t give me songs, don’t give me songs.”

“She needs back up, Anya, Tara” Giles whispered and the two girls took stand behind Buffy and started swaying to the music as she sang.


“Give me something to sing about (ah ah ah ah)
I need something to sing about. (ah ah ah ah)”

“Lifes a song you don’t get to rehearse
And every single verse, can make it that much worse
Still my friends don’t know why I ignore
The million things and more
That their pushing for

All the things they say
‘You and Spike aren’t okay’
Hes a vamp, you slay
Until your dying day

Well that depends
On if they really know
On if they know enough to know
That I need him
Its not a sin

There is no pain, no doubt no fear
When my Spike is near
I love him”

Tears where running down all the scoobies faces now except for Spikes. ‘She loves me’he kept repeating in his head, limitless joy running through him. He saw everyones face and knew that they wouldn’t hassle he and Buffy any more, that they’d finally understood how selfish they’d been. Xander had even mouthed an ‘im sorry’.


“So I wont refrain
Wont live in hell
Wont be expelled
From heaven

I think he is my heaven

So give me something to sing about
Please give me something”


Buffy felt such a sudden rush of energy go through her and she started to let all her anger out into her dancing. She twirled, she slid, she flipped her hair and she spun but it was enough. She started to go in circles, anything to help her through the pain she was feeling because of her friends. She didn’t see the smoke or the tears on her friends faces who realised now that they just wanted her happy, they didn’t care who was doing it for her.

Suddenly Spike was their, holding her, soothing her, saving her.

“Life is a song,
Life can be bliss,
Life is a kiss
It’s living

We’ll get along
The love that you feel
Can only be real
By living
You have to go on living
So that in some way im living”


The music stopped and they all turned to glare at the demon. He just smiled knowingly and stood up from the throne he’d made for himself on the stage.

He raised a hand and spoke. “Now that was a show stopping number.You don’t have to tell me to leave, im going. This have gone real swell, I’ll see you all in hell.” The last part was sung and he turned into this tiny blue light that hovered over Buffy and Spike for a moment before disappearing.

Everyone started talking at once to the couple still holding each other. ‘Im sorry’s’ where shot out of mouths like confetti at Mardi gras and ‘we were wrongs’ followed shortly afterwards.

Xander approached Spike and held out his hand as a peace offering. Spike took it and smiled, which made everyone in turn smile and shake his hand. Buffy had tears in her eyes. She and Spike where gonna be okay and so where her and her friends. Life was good.

But it wasn’t done yet. No, this was Sunnydale, everything had to be dragged out.

They all grouped together.

“Where do we go from here?
Where do we go from here?
The battle’s done and we kinda won
So we sound our vict’ry cheer
Where do we go, from here?”

They all lined up together and stood side by side, slayer, humans and demon, proudly.

“Now that the path is clear
Now we know home is here”

They all looked at each other and smiled as they clasped hands one by one
.

“Understand well go hand in hand
And we wont lose ourselves to fear”

Giles “Tell me”

“Where do we go from here?
When does the end appear-

Spike caught himself doing some nancy boy hand move and laughed. “Bugger this.”

He nudged Buffy so that she knew he would be outside. He walked out the exit and lit a smoke.

She ran out a moment later.

“Hey.”

“You should go back inside, finish the big group sing, get your kumbie-yaya’s out.” He teased.

“I don’t want to.” She smiled.

Spike kept teasing. “The day you sess out what you do want there’ll probably be a parade. 76 bloody trombones.”

“Spike.” It was a plea for him to stop joking and he knew it but he wanted her to know that he wasn’t going to push her.

“Look, you don’t have to say anything.”

“I touch the fire and it scorches me.” Buffy began singing again. Spike raised his eyes heavenwards, ‘when is this gonna end’ but the sound of her adorable voice kinda made him wish it wouldn’t…his eyes bugged…oh no!Not me too!

“I died, so many years ago”

“I look into it and feel sad”

“I promise this is real...”

“But you can make me feel...”

“And this is how I feel.”

They could here the rest of the scoobies sing the last line of their song as they kissed each other passionately.

Spike pulled away first. “Lets go then, don’t wanna snog in public pet….”

Buffy looked at him as if saying ‘ya right’

“Well not tonight anyway.”

She smiled as they walked towards his crypt. He knew there was a song coming, he could feel the magicks not guite out of his system yet and he was nervous. He knew that the spell had them singing what they felt and he didn’t want Buffy to laugh at him. It would kill him all over again.

They walked hand in hand towards her house. “Spike?”

“Ya pet?”

“Im sorry about earlier tonight, I should have stayed with you.” She whispered.

He growled, well the demon part of him did, happy to hear those words.

She giggled. “Do that again please.”

He did it a little louder this time and let his fangs show a little.

Buffy stopped walking suddenly and ran a finger over the fangs, lost in thought. Spike stood as still as he could which turned out to be very since he was dead and didn’t need to breathe.

“I do love you you know?” she asked/ admitted after a few minutes.

“Oh bloody hell.”

She pulled away and frowned, “Not the answer I was looking for but if you don’t feel the-“

She was cut off by him starting to sing and smiled, taking his hand they started walking again.


“I died, so many years ago,
But you can make me feel
Like it isn’t so
And how you’ve come to be with me
I’ll never really know
Mmmm hmmmm”

They reached her door and she unlocked it as they stood on her porch.


“You’re scared,
Not sure bout how I feel
But I can tell you here and now
That this is the real deal
And the whispers from this dead mans mouth
I know it seems unreal”

She invited him in and gently led him towards the stairs, but he stopped there and got on his knees, taking both her hands in his while looking her in the eyes.

“Youre wrong
And I don’t wanna play
Cuz being with you touches me
More then I can say
And since im not just dead to you
Im begging you to stay
And let me have some peace”

He picked her up and continued to sing in that beautifully raspy voice as he slowly carried her up the stairs.

“Let me have some peace,
Let me get some sleep,
Let me take my love and yell it
From a thousand feet
I can lay my body down
Because you’re my sweet release
Let me have some peace.”

Buffy had tears streaming down her cheeks. She knew that what she was hearing was a mix between the poet he’d been as a man (but he never really talked much about William, shed have to get him too soon.) and the demon. She bit his neck and he groaned.

“you know
You got a willing slave
And I just love to fantasize
That you might misbehave
And when you do im begging you
To show up at my grave
And let me have a piece”

She had to giggle at the image of her in a teddy in a grave yard knocking on a vampires crypt. He set her down and she pushed him onto the bed.

“You know,
I cant go
And I follow you
Like a man possessed
Theres a real heart here
Beneath my breast
And it loves you more
Then you’ve ever guessed
If my love would grow
It would break my chest
I have no soul
but I try my best

So stay with me”

She undressed slowly as he sang to her, swaying softly to the words that came from the soul she knew he had, shed have to tell him one day that if he didn’t have a soul but the people who went out and murdered children and raped woman did then he was better off without one.

“And let me have some peace,
Let me get some sleep,
Let me take my love and yell it
From a thousand feet
I can lay my body down
Because you’re my sweet release
Let me have some peace.”

The song faded to nothing as she walked over to him, she noticed his hands where shaking as she lifted them to her lips. Tonight was about love, about sharing everything. Tonight was the night she would give herself to him. Body, soul and blood.





Whew, I hope you guys liked this, please x 300 review. It took me so long to figure out how to change the songs so that they could still be sung almost perfectly to the actual songs from the show. It took a lot of time and a lot of hard work so your opinions wuld be highly appreciated. The next chapter is gonna be short but total Spuffy. The first is gonna show really soon since its gonna be Halloween in about a week, and something big I gonna happen to Spike in the chap after the next. Love yall!
One by lindsay
Author's Notes:
?'s, comments, praise :) (please lol) leave a review and ill get bck to anything you have to say. I hope you guys like this one :)
Hey all sorry I didn’t post as soon as I thought I would but my comp went all wonky again, hope this chap makes up for it!!!


Spike was shaking more then he had been when he’d clawed himself out of his grave. His nerves where shot. There she was in all her glory wanting him.

“OWWWWW” he yelled when Buffy pinched him, “What the bleeding hell was that for?” he asked and rubbed his arm.

She giggled and in that second he forgave her. “Your not dreaming Spike and I wanted to make sure you where still with me, here.” She said and placed his hand over her heart.

His eyes where full of awe as he looked up at her, “I’m still with you kitten, I’ll always be with you.”

“Always?”

“Forever.” He whispered and pulled her onto the bed with him so that they where lying down and facing each other.

Minutes passed with neither one saying anything to break the magik that seemed to surround them at the moment. Slowly they began to shift closer to each other until their faces were just barely touching.

She gave him a soft peck on the lips and straddled him. He went to speak but she pressed two fingers to his lips to keep him silent. He nipped her fingers softly and she gave a small smile before placing her head over his heart.

She pressed herself to him fully and listened.

“You where wrong Spike.”

“About what princess?”he managed to choke out, just the two of them there, in her room like that was more then he could have ever dreamed of.

“It does beat, you just have to listen.”

Spike gasped. She was listening to her own heartbeat sound through him, she was saying-

“My heart is yours Spike.”

With a groan he crushed his lips to hers and his tongue demanded entry to her mouth which she immediately gave.

His hands ran up and down her back causing her to arch into his erection. When she felt his bulge something felt wrong….

“Clothes off” she growled and he chuckled.

“L’il bit of vamp in you pet?”

She tore off his shirt and before he could complain (not that he really would have) she said “Not yet.” And it drove him crazy.

She rolled off him to let him undress and a big yay from her to vamp speed cuz he was done in 1.6!!!

She grabbed him and shoved him down, this was her night to how him everything she felt. Well this was her turn at least, she was sure there would be others following shortly.

She pinned his hands over his head on each side of the bed and began to grind herself against him.

If his eyes rolled back anymore he was sure he’d go blind but Damn! What a great last image that would be!

It was driving him crazy not to touch her and he started to struggle, not too much because he knew she wanted it her way but enough for her to know how much he wanted her.

Buffy felt something surge through her at that moment. Not power, not lust, pride. Pride that this man beneath her was hers and hers alone and tonight she would make sure that she would never lose the closeness they seemed to share.

She took his dick and began stroking him in fast, hard strokes causing him to thrust up involuntarily. When he was completely hard she guided him into her heat and impaled herself onto him in one quick thrust, breaking her seal, letting him in.

When he felt her tear and smelled the blood he broke from her grasp and pulled her too him. He hadn’t known she was a virgin. It made the man in him weep that this glorious gift had been given to him and the demon in him howl as if marking it’s territory The man and the beast where hers.

Buffy saw the tears and heard the rumbling in his throat and pulled up so she could see him as she began to rock her hips slowly.

“I love you Spike.” She said in between kisses.

“I love you, so bloody much Buffy.

“I know.”

She gazed into his eyes as they rocked together and she saw his eyes flash from blue to hazel every few seconds.

“I love the both of you, all of you.” She whispered into his ear to placate the poet and the beast.

She began to quicken her movements and she knew she was close to cumming so she started to lick at his neck, hoping he would be there with her when the energy building in her was released.

Spike arched towards her lips, the demon in him almost whimpering to mate the only way it knew how.

Buffy could feel him start to twitch under her and with a deep breath she sunk her teeth into his neck. What happened shocked them both.

Her canines grew as they pierced his skin and her eyes flashed gold as she whispered the word mine while drinking from him.

Spike growled in ecstasy and would have torn into her neck if the demon in him hadn’t been aware of how sacred this was. It slowed him down and gave Spike a gentleness he hadn’t been capable of himself while in this kind of bliss. It roared ‘mine’ in return, drinking her blood to finish their claim as Williams seed spilled into her, finishing his own claim.

They held onto each other trembling in the afterglow, fangs disappeared and eyes returned to normal. They where mated now, for life, or unlife depending on whose point of view you where considering and the girl, the poet, the demon and the slayer where one.





A few hours later Spike opened his tired eyes and went to get out of bed but found he was stuck. For a brief second he panicked until he remembered where he was and with who. His gaze grew tender as he looked down at the slayer, ‘our slayer’ the demon corrected with a low growl. He watched her as she slept, so peaceful. He wished he could see her like that while she was awake, that the troubles of the world weren’t always on her young, smooth shoulders. He sighed and placed a small kiss to her temple, remembering when they had licked each others necks clean to heal the bites. Every part of him was still amazed at what had happened but neither part regretted it. He didn’t know how she’d grown fangs but he suspected it was the demon in her, the demon that gave her the powers she possessed, that had come to the surface.

It was while he was sitting there and playing with her hair ever so softly so as not to wake her that it happened.

A searing pain ripped through his chest and he fell from the bed in agony. He thought for sure he was going to dust and screamed the one thing he could think of besides the hurt.

“BUFFFFFFFFFFFFFYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!”



Sorry to leave you guys there but please don’t hate me. This is Spuffy so don’t worry too much, no real angst in the next chappy, just yay-ness! I promise. Please review and let me know what you thought!xxx linz
Bloody Fucken Hell by lindsay
Author's Notes:
Thanx so much to all my reviewers, god i love you guys!!!And thanx to the readers too, i hope everyone is enjoying this as much as im enjoying writing it!
Buffy jumped off the bed awake and alert having felt her mates distress. She held him close and let out a low growl when a light flashed through his eyes and he collapsed. She picked him up and put him on the bed and he slowly came to.

“Buffy?”

“im here baby.” She cooed.

“Your mouth.”he whispered and ran a finger along her fangs which had for some reason protruded again. “Your eyes.” He added when he saw them a bright gold instead of the usual stunning green.

“Forget about that, are you okay?”

“I-I don’t know. It burned so bad baby, I thought I was gonna die.”

“I wouldn’t have let you.” She said softly and stroked his hair until he fell asleep again. Once he did she walked to the phone and dialled Giles. They had to find out what was going on.






“Where is he?” Giles said as he entered the house without so much as a hello to ‘his’ slayer.

“My room.”

A pause.

“Oh, so you say he woke up screaming and felt as if his insides where on fire?”

“Yuppers, that’s the nasty gist of it all.”

Giles flew up the stairs and took out a crystal. As he waved it over Spikes sleeping form it began to glow a brilliant white.

“Bloody fucken hell.”

Buffys hand shot to her mouth in shock, Giles knew that word? Since when?

“Whats wrong Giles, is he okay?”

“More or less. Spike has got himself a soul Buffy.”

Buffy smiled wide.

“Bloody fucken hell.”

“”Whats wrong Giles? Are you okay?”

“More or less. You seem to have gotten yourself some fangs.” He replied and promptly passed out.

Buffy sighed and picked him up and put him in the bed next to Spike and went downstairs to do some research using the books Giles had brought over.

She skimmed through the books for about 15 minutes before finding what she wanted.

The shadow men chained a girl to the earth when the demons started to wander again. They needed her to fight them, to fight the darkness. The men opened a black box and the spirit of a demon soared high. When the girl opened her mouth to scream the essence invaded her body, it’s soul blending with hers. This was the birth of the chosen one. She was given the powers of the very demons she was to fight. Half human, half vampire, the slayer was forged.


Buffy closed the book and rubbed her eyes. This was getting way to “Blade-ish” on her. ‘So im kinda one of them. It makes sense though, why I can claim and where my powers come from, ill need Giles to explain why he forgot to tell me demons have souls though-‘ her thoughts where cut off when she heard two distinctively different voices scream “Bloody fucken hell” at the same time and ran up the stairs to explain why they where sleeping with each other, maybe shed have a little fun with them first before they remembered she thought wickedly.
Tonight part 1 by lindsay
Author's Notes:
Thanx to all my wonderful reviewers and readers. Im breaking this chap into two parts but the second should be posted later on....hope you like it~
When Buffy came into the room Giles was un-britishly spitting on her floor.

“What the hell are you doing Giles?” she screeched as another gob of saliva flew to her carpet.

“He kissed me!!!” he screamed and pointed an arm at Spike.

She looked over at Spike who was way paler then he should be for even a dead guy.

“I thought it was you, why the fuck was he in our bed?”

Buffy smiled, ‘our bed’, she liked the sound of that. You passed out after getting your soul back and Giles passed out when he found out you did.” She said as casually as ‘wanna rent a movie’.

Spike sat on the bed dazed and Buffy went to his side.

“I can feel it Buffy.” He said softly.

She looked at him with love and pride. “Kinda stings”he added with a small smirk.

She rubbed his back for a while and told them both about the demon thing in her.

Giles had taken seat in her chair and cleared his throat while wiping his glasses. He hadn’t said anything and this worried Buffy.

“Giles, say something. Arent you just going ‘ooohhh’?”

“Well frankly no Buffy.”

Spike and Buffy’s heads shot up at this.

“Why not Giles?” Buffy asked freaked out a little bit.

“Because ive been doing some research. Today is Halloween Buffy, the day the first will be coming for you.”

He pulled something out of his pocket and handed it over to her.

“I can already tell you I have nothing that goes with this.” She said sarcastically as she eyed the gaudy trinket.

Giles sighed and rubbed his temples. “It’s not jewellery Buffy and it’s not for you, it’s for him.” He said and nodded at Spike.

“So not following Giles, s’plainy?”

“After you went to bed Whistler and I chatted for a while longer. The trinket is meant for someone with a soul but is more then human to wear. Originally I thought you but now Spike has a soul and I believe it is his right.”

“So it’s for a champion then?” Buffy stated more then asked as she handed the pendant to Spike.

“I’ve been called a lot of things in my life slayer,,,,” He didn’t finish the sentence but Buffy knew how touched he was and squeezed his hand and Giles continued.

“Since your blood would be the firsts undoing unless it was spilled during a ritual tonight the ptb’s decided to give you some help. The first has no knowledge of the amulets existence. Inside it there is a purifying light that can destroy it. Unfortunately we don’t know how to activate this amulet or it’s powers.”

“So your saying me and Spike have to face the first with a weapon we don’t know how to use and that we don’t know what the affects on the wearer of said amulet might be.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“What do you mean no Buffy? One way or another the first will capture you tonight, its too powerful to hide from.”

“I don’t care what happens to me Giles, this is my job and if I die doing it then so be it. But I wont let anything happen to Spike.”

Both men stared at her open mouthed. Spike was the first to speak.

“Buffy your not going up against this alone, I’m your mate now. If you die then a huge part of me dies too. I wont go on not living without you in my life.”

Buffy nodded slowly. “Fine but if you die ill kick your ass.” Truthfully she didn’t want to face it without Spike, she was too scared.

Giles stood up. “Well then lets gather everyone and see if we can find anything useful.”

They followed him out the door to the Magick Box, each one silent as they thought about what this night could bring.
The real you by lindsay
Author's Notes:
Thanx to all my reviewers and readers. The next chap will be the face off with Ethan, Angelus and the first. Please let me know what you think....
For those of you asking "why isnt Spike suffering because of his soul?" its because i always thought getting his soul back should be wonderful, not torturous so i skipped the pain. Besides I think he earned a soul without baggage dont you guys?




“Oh my goddess” Willow whispered once Giles had explained everything to them.

Xander reached for Anyas hand and she spoke up. “If Buffy and Spike dies what will happen?” she asked ever so bluntly.

Giles stood up from his seat. “I rather imagine the world will become everyone’s version of hell combined.”

“Bunnies….” Anya said angrily, “Buffy, Spike, don’t die.”

“Well try not too luv.” He said with a smirk.


Tara and Willow had found something in one of the books, a legend of a scythe that could stop the first in its evil tracks even though it was non-corporeal.


“Well the two of you best be off then, you have to find that weapon. It could be the key to saving the world.” Giles said.

“I thought Spikes amulet was the key?” Buffy said irritated, still not liking her mate wearing that tacky/dangerous baubble.

“Well it’s one of them.” Giles corrected.

“So the scythe is only half the key?” Buffy pushed.

“I don’t know. Stop procrastinating with questions and go find the weapon Buffy.”

Spike bristled. “Don’t talk to her like that watcher. I don’t see you running into the dark to find this thing. It’s her life, don’t you think she can put off impending death for as long as she likes?” he spat out and Giles had the decency to look away.

The blonde couple left the others to work out the other details.


They’d gone to ten graveyards already and where searching through the vineyard when an elderly but beautiful woman stepped out of the shadows. Her hair was long and white and flowed as if the wind was blowing it although there was no breeze.

Buffy and Spike cocked their heads and stared at her, waiting for her to speak.

The woman only smiled and held out this wicked looking axe thingy.

Buffy grabbed it, moving it around in her hands for a moment and looked back to the woman.

“It feels like it belongs to me.”

“It does.”

“Who are you?”

“Someone on your side.”

“What does it do.”

“Youll see, when the time is right you’ll know what to do with it. You are the hellmouths last guardians Buffy Anne Summers and Spike.” She cringed at both their names.

“Don’t you mean the current guardian?”

“No, I mean the last it will be given.”

“What does that mean?”

“You will understand, in time you will understand.Goodbye William”the woman said as she kissed Spike on the cheek while he stood there frozen. “Be a good boy, I love you and always have.”

“You know im starting to fucken hate these cryptic messages” Buffy fumed but the woman was gone by the time she was done talking.

“Huh.” Was all Buffy could manage as she waved her hand through the empty place where the woman had been standing just seconds ago. Buffy turned and looked at Spike

Spike wasn’t moving and she could feel so much emotions course through her due to the blood bond they now shared.

He finally looked up to where the woman had been standing and whispered, “I love you too mom.”


He took Buffys hand and starting walking back to the shop and Buffy could feel a new determination in his steps.

“She’s beautiful Spike.”

“I know.” He answered and told her about what had happened between them when he was turned.

“you turned your mom?”

“Ya.” Spike said full of shame.

“I think it was sweet in a way.”

Spike stopped dead in his undead tracks. “I killed my mum pet, theres nothing sweet about it.”

She cupped his face. “I didn’t mean to upset you Spike. I meant that you described your life as depressing and full of hurt and pain. Your mom loved you more then anything and to see you happy and confident must have made her proud no matter what you did. She was sick Spike, you took the sick away. I know you had to stake her but you gave her something neither of you would have had in life.”

“whats that pet?” Spike asked as he lit a smoke, his voice strained.

“The real you. The you that was beneath no one, the you that she could see.”

Spike had tears in his eyes as he tossed his smoke and pulled Buffy into a rough kiss that was filled with passion. When they broke away panting Buffy smiled at him and he returned it.

“She is beautiful isn’t she?”










When they got to the shop everyone seemed ready. Tara and Willow had the ingredients they needed for the protection spells they where going to put on Spike and Buffy and everyone else and they where all geared up. Xander looked like a dorky Rambo and Buffy choked on her own laughter.

Willow saw what she was looking at and then all the girls started laughing along with the other men.

“What?” Xander yelled. He was wearing a white wifebeater and army cargo pants. Weapons and stakes hung from a sling across his chest but the real clincher was the bandana he’d folded and put around his head.

“Nothing.”Buffy said sweetly and looked at all her friends. Tonight she would save them or die trying.


Willow and Tara worked their magik and put the spell over them all. It would stop them from being hurt from punches and kicks, fangs and what not but a weapon could pierce their mojo armor no problem.

The scythe and amulet began to glow and the friends all looked at each other silently. Buffy led the way out of the shop, somehow she knew where they had to go.
The Battle by lindsay
Author's Notes:
Thanx to all my reviewers and readers. Theres one chap left after this i hope you enjoyed it!!!
When they got to the shop everyone seemed ready. Tara and Willow had the ingredients they needed for the protection spells they where going to put on Spike and Buffy and everyone else and they where all geared up. Xander looked like a dorky Rambo and Buffy choked on her own laughter.

Willow saw what she was looking at and then all the girls started laughing along with the other men.

“What?” Xander yelled. He was wearing a white wifebeater and army cargo pants. Weapons and stakes hung from a sling across his chest but the real clincher was the bandana he’d folded and put around his head.

“Nothing.”Buffy said sweetly and looked at all her friends. Tonight she would save them or die trying.


Willow and Tara worked their magik and put the spell over them all. It would stop them from being hurt from punches and kicks, fangs and what not but a weapon could pierce their mojo armor no problem.

The scythe and amulet began to glow and the friends all looked at each other silently. Buffy led the way out of the shop, somehow she knew where they had to go.


They all walked in silence until they reached an opening to an underground cavern in the middle of the woods.


Spike and Buffy faced each other and both pairs of fangs protruded as if on their own. Their friends gasped as the couple bit into each others necks and drank deeply. When they where down they both growled mine in unision. Their demons where sated for now but the lovers weren’t as they embraced tenderly, both afraid to stop in case this was the last time they could.

Eventually time stopped standing still for them and they broke apart. Buffy hugged each of her friends, Willow surprised everyone as she hugged Spike as well.

“You all know what to do. If things go bad, run. The first is ours, stay away from it if you can.” Buffy ordered and marched down into the hole hand in hand with Spike.



When they all reached the bottom and their eyes adjusted to the dark everyone gasped in surprise. There across the room was another Buffy, identical down to the stylish yet affordable boots she was wearing. Ethan and Angel stood next to ‘her’ along with three vamps but man where they ugly.


Giles snarled. “Ethan you moron, what have you done?”

Ethan laughed. “Giles please, like you didn’t see this coming?”

“I know you’re evil Ethan but I never thought you would destroy the very world you live in.” Giles spat and laughed bitterly when Ethans eyes widened. “It didn’t even cross your mind did it you poof?”

With a snarl Ethan lunged at Giles and just like that the battle had begun.

Spike took on one of the uber vamps while the other Scoobies handled the other two, Buffy went after Angel first.

He had a long sword but hey, so did she. He was good, she had to admit that. They fought furiously and Angel knocked her down, kicking her sword out of her hands.

He positoned the sword above her. “Well Buffy. Take away your mom, take away your weapons, take away your hope” He saw the fear in her eyes “And what are you left with?

She had her eyes closed as he swung the sword in a high arc towards her. She caught the blade between the palms of her hands.

“Spike.” She answered and used his own sword to smash him in the face.

He stumbled back blinded by the blood that seeped into his eyes. He didn’t see Buffy get up. Didn’t see her grab her sword. Didn’t see the blade slice through his neck.

But the first saw. It saw one of its warriors turn to dust and it was pissed.

It signalled one of the uber vamps over and the creature ran to its call.

The demon dragged Buffy to a circle with the symbol of a goat on it. Buffy struggled but the vamp was too strong and she was tired. The first began to chant and the corners of the circle began to move up.

Spike and the scoobies had just dusted the two uber vamps with the help of the wicca’s magick and they all turned just in time to see it. To see Buffy impaled by her scythe, the one shed dropped while taking out her sword to fight, the one the uber vamp had picked up.

Spike fell to his knees as Buffy looked up at him, sword run through her stomach completely and sank to her knees.

“BUFFFYYYYYYYY” he yelled as he crawled over to her. The wound on her stomach had appeared on his as well. The claim they shared was strong, both where connected physically and emotionally it seemed. As Spike crawled to her he lost more and more blood, it wasn’t going to kill him but he wouldn’t be able to stay conscious much longer.


Giles pulled out a gun and aimed it at Ethan, who paled instantly.

“Ripper, you don’t have it in you.” He said shakily.

Giles sighed. “Perhaps your right Ethan, guns are a little too modern for us stuffy brits, don’t you think?”

Ethan nodded his head vigorously before falling down dead an instant later.

“A knifes much more proper don’t you agree?” Giles added before removing the blade from Ethans neck and gathering the other scoobies and going to Buffy and Spike.

Spike was almost there now, he could almost touch her. The scythe lay in a bloody pool next to her legs.

“Buffy pet, stay with me.” He urged when he saw how glassy her eyes where.

“Spike, it hurts baby.”

“Shhh now luv, don’t talk, youll be fine.”

The tears ran freely down his face as he reached out and finally touched her hand. He pulled himself next to her and lay her down beside him.

The first was still chanting and the circle they where lying on was growing brighter.

When the chant was done the first kneeled beside Buffy, it too had the wound that marked her body.

“Ow, mommy, this mortal wound is all itchy.” It taunted. “You did your best, almost put the smack down on me, what more could you want?”

Buffy looked down at Spike and started to stand.
“I want you to get out of my face.” She screamed as she grabbed the scythe and swung it at the first.

In the same instant Spike howled in agony as the amulet shone with pure light. He knew this was the end but somehow he knew that whatever was happening was gonna save his girl and he was okay with that.

“I LOVE YOU BUFFY” he yelled as the brilliant light shone through the room, blinding everyone including the first, allowing the scythe to hit its mark and slice through the evil being before everything went dark.
Unlife was good/ THE END by lindsay
Author's Notes:
Thanx to everyone who read, i love you guys. To all my reviewers, i dont know what i would have done without you guys. You inspired me so much and thanx doesnt even cut how much i owe you but its all i can really say. You guys are why i love to write so much!!!!xxxLinz
“What the bloody buggering fuck is going on?” Spike roared as he touched his arms, chest and legs in spastic movements.

There where two blue freaks in front of him with gold makeup or something on their faces and he recognised them as the ptb’s.

“I was dust, how am I not dust anymore?”

“Because we did not allow it.” One of them said simply.

“Is Buffy….did she make it?”

“They all did, thanx to you.”

Spike sighed in relief. At least she was still alive. The blue couple where coming closer now and it was freaking him out.

“The two of you are anomalies. What lies between the both of you is unheard of.”

“And what would that be smurfette?” Spike asked irritated. He hated when people talked in riddles. He was a get to the point kind of vamp!

“The demon in you was destined to be with the demon in her, soulmates of the uunderworld, a rarity in itself.”

The other one spoke. “The man you where, William had a soulmate also, but was turned before he could meet her. This was an Elizabeth Summers, Buffy is her incarnate, her soul is linked to yours.”

Spike stood in shock as the ptb continued. “You are mates in every single way possible. Your souls where created with the intention of finding each other. Alone you are both hero’s, champions. Together, you are much more.”

“What does all of this mean?” Spike managed to ask.

“Together you are saviors. Life is the reward you will be granted and life is the reward you will give back.”

Before Spike could ask anymore questions he was standing in front of Buffys house.

He walked up to the door shaking, afraid that this was a dream. When he rang the doorbell and it opened he almost passed out. There she was, his Buffy, alive and beautiful….and pregnant?


“Spike?”she gasped and flung her not so tiny anymore body around him. He stumbled back with the force of her ‘attack’.

“I thought you where never coming back.” She sobbed and pulled him into the house between kisses and ‘I love you’s’.

There was so much he wanted to say to her, to tell her, could she hear his heart beating? Did she know he was human now? Well human with a little demon in him? A hero still needed powers!

“Buffy pet, how long have I been gone?” he asked quietly looking at her stomach.

“147 days, 148 today but today doesn’t count does it?” she gushed, laughing and crying at the same time.

“So who’s the niblets da’?” he asked putting his hand on her stomach.

She stepped back and took him in. He was so beautiful. “I don’t know how or why this happened Spike, but you are. You’re her father.”

“Impossible. Vampires cant…..”

He didn’t have to finish the sentence. He could tell by the look on her face, and alright hed used his nose to tell as well, that she hadn’t been with anyone else.

He raised his head to the heavens and yelled thank you before picking her up and climbing the stairs as quickly as he could.



Hours later when they caught up, not just verbally and where lying in her bed wrapped around each other Buffy put her head over his heart and listened.

“I’ll never not love that sound.” She whispered.

Spike smiled and pulled her closer, giving a kiss to her forehead.

“The baby’s name has to be Dawn.” Buffy said out of nowhere and Spike laughed.

“Whys that pet?”

“I had this dream with two weird smurf people. They told me that life was my gift and that the life we brought into this world would be the dawning of a new era. A peaceful one.”

Spike smiled at her. “I love the name kitten, wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Buffy snuggled in closer and fell asleep listening to the steady rythym of his heart.

Spike sighed contentedly. He was alive, he was still strong, the love of his life was sleeping in his arms, correction, the loves of his life where sleeping in his arms, he already loved the baby with all his heart, and now.

Well know he didn’t have to see the sunshine through Buffys eyes, now he could see it standing next to her.

Unlife had been good, but life, life was perfect was the last thing he thought as he fell asleep listening to the heartbeats of both his girls.






I hope you guys like the end, i know it could have been a bit more detailed but i just wanted happy, ya know? Thanx again to everyone, i love you all :)
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=11320